Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,271 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (85967 Views)

15 Reasons Every Nigerian Grew Up With Trust Issues(pictures) / 12 Photos You Can Relate With If You Grew Up With A Nigerian Step Mom / 17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by drmaxayuba(m): 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
Pease Like this page and drop coments about Unilever makers of Omo, Closeup, Lipton, Dove, Ryco, Knorr, Lux, Blueband etc https://m.facebook.com/UnileverCareersNigeria/photos/a.226638377385930.47607.211664098883358/844848612231567/?type=1&theater
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by gememerald(m): 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
This is a problem which should be solved by our mechanical engineers.
Simple: Device a machine that can do this.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by simdam500(m): 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
MrCork:

..NICE...SHE IS LIGHTSKIN!! cheesy

I can't wait for the day a light skinned lady will turn u off and u will seize to like them cheesy
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by dave2meek(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
Not all villages process palm oil
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Uncletony(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
[quote author=Blizzyblinkzy post=34502196]Its irritating...
Well am not a village girl, So d question ain't 4 me

waitn 4 d village girls 2 comment..
I knw they would deny it[/quot

BliZzyblinkzy, u most be a village girl weda u like it or not!.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by UjSizzle(f): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
jaybee3:

Balanced and better spread of force
Right! smiley
Stomping on anything is always better than using your hands. Ah I remember using my feet to wash my blankets back in boarding school grin Darn thing was too heavy for my hands.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

I like it.
Looks kinda funcheesy

Most times, the meals you prepare in the crudest ways turn out sweetest.

Grinding tomato and pepper on a millstone comes to mindlipsrsealed

babe shun joor.
It looks fun o, but checkout coogar and cococandy's version...hahahahahaha.
If no be say my MIL supplies me the oil in gallons ehn, I for use groundnut cook egusi soup next week. cry

When last those women near clean water for bathing?

I don't even grind my tomatoes o, I pound...same with my crayfish and palmkernel for my oha/okazi soup but this one no just look good for my eyes.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by MrCork: 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
simdam500:

I can't wait for the day a light skinned lady will turn u off and u will seize to like them cheesy

...correction...lightskin females make our woorld a sweeter place to live an no man/all men cannot survive without lightskin females! (real talk) wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by JuanDeDios: 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
Shollypopzz:

I understand why people stomp on grapes but why would anyone stomp on palm nuts?? I know for a fact that one's feet cannot achieve the result in that picture, palm nuts are hard.

So, what is the purpose of the feet?? Does it make the already pounded palm nuts smoother??
Once you land the nuts in the mortar, you beat/pound them with wooden pestle(s) first, then you enter and finish things with your feet.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by MrDoGood(m): 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
That girl is too fresh to be tag as a village girl.
Even those sleeping under the A/C no fresh reach her.
Omon see hand work of God!
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by mamasoljas(f): 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
ideyhere:
Nawa to some girls sha...
Okay na me be village girl number one...I did it
Stomping palm fruit doesn't reduce who you are. For one, it actually make your feet neater than any feet treatment ever could. It's a very enjoyable form of exercise (dancing)...and you end up producing something worthwhile (palm oil). The few times I did it at the villa,I actually had to beg to be allowed to do it...and believe you me, I don't regret it one bit...
correct pikin! na you kno what's up joor.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Uncletony(m): 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
ideyhere:
Stomping palm fruit doesn't reduce who you are. For one, it actually make your feet neater than any feet treatment ever could. It's a very enjoyable form of exercise (dancing)...and you end up producing something worthwhile (palm oil). The few times I did it at the villa,I actually had to beg to be allowed to do it...and believe you me, I don't regret it one bit...

Hope u didnt urinate or mess while doin d stuff?!
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by UjSizzle(f): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

I like it.
Looks kinda funcheesy

Most times, the meals you prepare in the crudest ways turn out sweetest.

Grinding tomato and pepper on a millstone comes to mindlipsrsealed
I don't believe this counts here. It's just palm oil extraction, not akara (yeah for the latter pounding the beans instead of grinding at the mill gives it a better flavour).

Feet in food= unhealthy.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by 46arcadez(m): 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...
Well am not a village girl, So d question ain't 4 me

waitn 4 d village girls 2 comment..
I knw they would deny it
Even as a guy I did it
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by simdam500(m): 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
MrCork:

...correction...lightskin females make our woorld a sweeter place to live an no man/all men cannot survive without lightskin females! (real talk) wink

No man is as real as I am! wink and I've been surviving for years joor cool
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Neplusultra(f): 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
Iv witnessed my gran do it countless times wen she was alive embarassed
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Tycyborg(m): 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
its not ecaggeration... Who will do this and wont sweat... Come to think of it... fun or not fun its still gross and have you seen where they do kunu... Thinking of the flies alone wont make you drink kunu in your life time... Truth is its complete gross to do it this way there are other better and neater ways of making palm oil not washing your feet in what people will put to their mouth... If someone wash his or her leg neatly and use it to feed you food will you eat it? Or if someone use a clean new potty to give you water, will you drink?

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by hardeynelly(m): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
omo, the babe fine pass some girls for nairaland wey dey form Behind
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Octaves(m): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
UjSizzle:

You'd probably kill yourself using a mortar and pestle to pound palm kernels in commercial quantity. But it's still done sha when there are a number of people who take turns pounding.
we used to pound it in a large mortar with several people pounding at the same time in the same mortar
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by JuanDeDios: 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
coogar:

are you kidding me?
this has been in existence since the fall of man in eden. sometimes the women are waist-deep in the palm oil with their dirty wrappers, spitting & sweating. it's what it is.....
Lol. They don't spit. And women hardly sweat like men. Plus it's subsequently going to pass through some intense heat.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
Pepunis:
As a typical village Igbo girl proudly, that spent my first 18 yrs of my life in my lovey village, in my part of East Abia precisely, we use a big mortal rooted in the ground, with a long pistle to pound the nut after cooking it in a very large drum, we dont use our foot, but since there is an advancement in procession of palm oil, we now use machine in processing it, is over 12yrs i left my home for a greener marraige, I Love AlaIgbo

The sum of the two bolded = 30yrs now. Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Aminat508(f): 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
Me Ama village girl oo
ND I knw how to do palm oil
I use machine to blend not my feet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by 46arcadez(m): 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Once you land the nuts in the mortar, you beat/pound them with wooden pestle(s) first, then you enter and finish things with your feet.
Nope, cook the nuts well and the rest is easier
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by MrCork: 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
simdam500:

No man is as real as I am! wink and I've been surviving for years joor cool

..really...bro hav u Eva dated lightskin female in yor life? (no ofeense) undecided

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by NAJALYN: 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
Not all who grew in the village know how to crush palmnuts with their feet to get palm oil.

Get Natural Remedies for your health from http://www.lynsnaturalhealth..com.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by stanisbaratheon: 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
NobleAky:
Did you? Just be sincere!

has to be the hardest feet of all time
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by TundeCole(m): 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
ideyhere:

Now this is a wife material. One kiss for u Baebae!
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by olawizkid: 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating... Well am not a village girl, So d question ain't 4 me
waitn 4 d village girls 2 comment.. I knw they would deny it
Ur own too much ooo....abi!!
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by olawizkid: 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating... Well am not a village girl, So d question ain't 4 me
waitn 4 d village girls 2 comment.. I knw they would deny it
Ur own too much ooo....abi!!
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
blesoh:
My granny will put it in a deep mortar then smone will pound,when d person finish pounding,na der our play go start lol.

How far babe? Longest time. Happy Sunday!
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by dtina(f): 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
I didn't live in d village bt I did dat a lot wenever I go on holidays 2 see grandma...
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by JuanDeDios: 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
46arcadez:

Nope, cook the nuts well and the rest is easier

Of course you will cook the nuts before landing them in the mortar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pakistani Man Buys Land On Moon As Wedding Gift For His Wife / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Isa Suleiman And Janine Sanchez Reimann, His American Wife Jet OutTo California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.