Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (86054 Views)

15 Reasons Every Nigerian Grew Up With Trust Issues(pictures) / 12 Photos You Can Relate With If You Grew Up With A Nigerian Step Mom / 17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Dongreat(m): 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
More reason why me sweet mom prepare ours fresh. Buy the nuts, boil, mesh in mortal (I assist as well), extract the juice and prepare with fresh fish, thick beef n goat meet. In our house we call it "Megbele"
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Ayoolajumoke(f): 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
cococandy:
you and exaggeration grin

It is not exaggeration o

In fact, I did it, it is power consuming and fun at the same time.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...
Well am not a village girl, So d question ain't 4 me

waitn 4 d village girls 2 comment..
I knw they would deny it
Yes, they will as u just did.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Rilwon: 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2015
coogar:

you think? grin
can you still remember the last soup you made with palm oil? this was exactly how it was made. grin

shocked

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by soarz(m): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
I did dat as a man not only a girl. Naa kpako ooo
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by UjSizzle(f): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
Shollypopzz:

I understand why people stomp on grapes but why would anyone stomp on palm nuts?? I know for a fact that one's feet cannot achieve the result in that picture, palm nuts are hard.

So, what is the purpose of the feet?? Does it make the already pounded palm nuts smoother??
It's cooked before pounding. And the feet is just a substitute for pounding with a mortar and pestle.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by jomoh: 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:

looking @ it is irritating bt it might be fun doing it
But na from dia ur palm oil they come from o.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by soldierdollar(m): 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
chimkaire:
Prepared differently where I come from. It's either pounded and proccessed manually or at the mill. Saw it being prepared this way living in Nsk... smiley cool

You mean Nsukka ? I once did that for my grandma cheesy
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by baby124: 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
The ones I know and I have seen use and have always used mortar and pestle. I don't know where these people are from. Lmao. Well my village is not a village. So i hope I neva chop dis wan
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by player007(m): 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
You should have asked Wich Igbo girl did this while in the village. Because to a Yoruba girl this looks like iranu to them.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Acidosis(m): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
Prettydiamond:
But u look like a village girl
hmmm
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by konny1(m): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
Shollypopzz:

I understand why people stomp on grapes but why would anyone stomp on palm nuts?? I know for a fact that one's feet cannot achieve the result in that picture, palm nuts are hard.

So, what is the purpose of the feet?? Does it make the already pounded palm nuts smoother??

You just need to understand the process and the skill involved.
The palm nut must be boiled before stomping on it. Boiling the palm nut makes it softer and the above result can be archived in less than hour.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by teabully(m): 1:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
ideyhere:
Nawa to some girls sha...
Okay na me be village girl number one...I did it
Stomping palm fruit doesn't reduce who you are. For one, it actually make your feet neater than any feet treatment ever could. It's a very enjoyable form of exercise (dancing)...and you end up producing something worthwhile (palm oil). The few times I did it at the villa,I actually had to beg to be allowed to do it...and believe you me, I don't regret it one bit...
I know my Ibo sisters who deny it, thumbs up to u joo, not some fake ass, am a yoruba dude, but kant do with d banga soup, and I knw palm kernel is being used while prepping it.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it

See this one! Wetin u dey form now? City babe abi? That girl dia fine pass u 100x sef.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by teabully(m): 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
ideyhere:
Nawa to some girls sha...
Okay na me be village girl number one...I did it
Stomping palm fruit doesn't reduce who you are. For one, it actually make your feet neater than any feet treatment ever could. It's a very enjoyable form of exercise (dancing)...and you end up producing something worthwhile (palm oil). The few times I did it at the villa,I actually had to beg to be allowed to do it...and believe you me, I don't regret it one bit...
I know my Ibo sisters wont deny it, thumbs up to u joo, not some fake ass, am a yoruba dude, but kant do with d banga soup, and I knw palm kernel is being used while prepping it.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by ayoJ21(m): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
Feranchek:

Village dey even smell for her picture sef undecided
and even ha monicker suggests she's a typical village girl
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by drmaxayuba(m): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
Unilever Nigeria Plc is recruiting Oprators, new Slot Available.

A few new positions are now available for businesses interested in partnering with with Unilever, with specific focus on Lipton Project. They are recruiting Operators who will help drive their growth agenda and ensure that they reach more consumers in Lagos and Ibadan.
interested Candidates should meet some basic requirements.

For more information , please read this instructions carefully .......

To Apply,
1. Visit this post on unilever Facebook page click>>>> https://m.facebook.com/UnileverCareersNigeria/photos/a.226638377385930.47607.211664098883358/844848612231567/?type=1&theater

2. Like the post,

3. Request for full details on how to apply for this slot offered by Unilever on the comment box and we would send you a personal message with details on this opportunity. Lipton is a product produced by Unilever makers of ( Omo, Lux, Sunlight, Lifebouy, Dove, Vaseline, Lipton , BlueBand, Knorr, Ryco, Vaseline etc..

NOTE: YOU MUST FIRST LIKE THE POST AFTER CLICKING THIS LINK BEFORE WE CAN SEND YOU FULL DETAILS OF THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY.
https://m.facebook.com/UnileverCareersNigeria/photos/a.226638377385930.47607.211664098883358/844848612231567/?type=1&comment_id=850116738371421&_rdr

➡ This information is brought to u by Unilever Campus Ambassadors A.B.U Zaria...

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by jaybee3(m): 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
UjSizzle:

It's cooked before pounding. And the feet is just a substitute for pounding with a mortar and pestle.
Balanced and better spread of force
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by horlaseujee(m): 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
cococandy:
I did. Not with feet though.
Whenever I visited my grandma I would do that with her. I used to pick the kernels out of the mould will the big guys would do the heavy pounding with tall pestles for her.

You don't have to grow up in the village to do that.

The sweetest part is roasting yam,plantain and cocoyam in the open fire then use the fresh oil with scent leaf and scotch bonnet pepper to eat it.

Last time I did it, I even took pictures. Don't know where I kept the pictures even.

Aww. Mma nke ukwu embarassed

How I miss her cry

Who ask u all this story OgA oooo angry undecided

2 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by UjSizzle(f): 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
Nonso23:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed These pictures will haunt me forever
I hope it won't make you abandon ofe onugbu tongue
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by coogar: 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
MissyB3:
I refuse to believe those photos are real!
So all those times I desperately wolfed down yam and red oil like it was the sole purpose of my existence, I've been doing nothing but enjoying people's sweat and spit ? shocked shocked I haff die!!!

Coogar, God will not forgive you for posting those photos and your vivid description angry cry

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
soldierdollar:

You mean Nsukka ? I once did that for my grandma cheesy
...yeah... smiley
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by chinae(m): 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
No wonder dea Oil dey smell.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
Beautiful! Out here ladies feet stomp juice from grapes..but they make it look really nice; what we need to do is repackage and represent, our traditions are really nice if you think about it, it's just that our presentation is whack
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by porshuch: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2015
I processed palm oil, but not with this pattern, we made underground motar and pound with a long pestle, it was fun then, becos of the way we use to sing when pounding. we call it akwu -igwe. from idemmili
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by mikkyword(m): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
Esetim:
Stomping palm nuts? Wow! Must be tiring.

na woman born you unlike the other girl forming.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by MrCork: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
NobleAky:
Did you? Just be sincere!

..NICE...SHE IS LIGHTSKIN!! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Tallesty1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
UjSizzle:

How did you manage the heat from the palm kernels? I know even using my hands for this stuff (in small quantity) is punishment talk more of feet.
You allow it to cool nah..... Who go gree put am leg when e still dey hot? It is even difficult to extract the oil when it is hot.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by snazzy5050(m): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
Just as u denied wink
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by strongerthaneva(m): 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
himkers:

Who u dey form for? kiss

don't mind her she must be agege bread and ewa aganyi girl..i tire for her forming oo..me as man never been a village guy but still did it last year December in the village when I went visiting..so carry ur forming go meet ur types of NL wigs no get time for that ok..
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Paulonko(m): 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it

they will deny the same way you denied smiley
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by MizMyColi(f): 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
This picture looks recent, who still uses the feet in this 2015?
My in-laws process palm oil for industrial purposes gaan, and they don't use their feet. They use a grinding mill, automatic one sef. angry

Even before the advent of mills, the men pound!
The locals don't use their feet either, they use mortars or home mill.

I don't like it, it looks disgusting. This isn't me forming abegg

I like it.
Looks kinda funcheesy

Most times, the meals you prepare in the crudest ways turn out sweetest.

Grinding tomato and pepper on a millstone comes to mindlipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Wife Exposes Her Husband's Side Chick's Nude Photos On Twitter / Zimbabwean Woman Sacks Husband, Brings In Boyfriend, Have Sex In Front Of Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.