Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,209 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

No Parrot Owners Here? - Pets (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / No Parrot Owners Here? (79094 Views)

Top 5 Lazy Dogs Perfect For Busy Owners. / Checkout This Video Of A PARROT PRAYING IN Islam.(video) / Just Got Myself A Baby Parrot;need Tips On How To Train It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by john1035: 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
Tylerdan:

his contact is 08081478064 Iddo Market just tell him The guy who came back for a bigger cage referred you
Thanks Boss, I Was There 2 Months Ago, He Told Me 30k And All Is Birds Were Old; The Youngest Being 7 Months Of Age...
I Promised Him I Will Come Back Early Next Year; After Their Breeding Season To Get A Young One.
That Place Looks Like A Mini-zoo, Many Animals, Eagle Included. I Still Have Is Business Card With Me.
Thanks For The Help, I Appreciate

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Tylerdan(m): 10:06am On Nov 16, 2015
john1035:

Thanks Boss, I Was There 2 Months Ago, He Told Me 30k And All Is Birds Were Old; The Youngest Being 7 Months Of Age...
I Promised Him I Will Come Back Early Next Year; After Their Breeding Season To Get A Young One.
That Place Looks Like A Mini-zoo, Many Animals, Eagle Included. I Still Have Is Business Card With Me.
Thanks For The Help, I Appreciate
Your welcome

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by kannymoore(m): 11:33am On Dec 11, 2015
etjigger:
The only Parrot that talks its The African Grey Parrot, and they are very expensive and rear in the market. It goes for about 50k. I Av two with me and the do talk and communicate with me and people, trust me... They are nice to have around.

Not entirely true.

The Amazon Green Parrot is a superb talker too.. almost as good as the African grey in some instances.

Also, cockatoos and macaws can be taught to talk too but their vocabulary is limited compared to Amazon Greens and the African Grey parrot.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by whitebone(m): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2015
teflondoncuzo:
Let's set the facts straight here, parrots are lovely birds and a good pets to have but u must know how to handle them cos they can injure, it's best you get them when young if u really wanna handle them and you must have time for your bird, now there are over 300 species of parrots and not all can talk. The one with the best ability to talk is the African grey parrot also know as the Timothy parrot. Because a parrot has the ability to talk doesn't mean it would, it needs training and needs to be kept where it would hear people talk all the time so preferably it's best it's kept indoors, feeding shouldn't be a problem cos there food are not expensive they fruits and nuts. For those who want to get parrots in lagos I have a contact who can get you the parrot of your choice
. Please here is my Whatsapp number, I would like to talk to you about how to get a small african grey.. 07030621236, or please give me your number.. thanks.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by younghartz(m): 7:34am On Dec 12, 2015
kannymoore:

Not entirely true.

The Amazon Green Parrot is a superb talker too.. almost as good as the African grey in some instances.

Also, cockatoos and macaws can be taught to talk too but their vocabulary is limited compared to Amazon Greens and the African Grey parrot.

That's true ,its not only african grey dat talks alone.... amazon green parrot
I dnt knw d name of dat parrot that acted home alone that species of parrot are damn good...

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by stonecoldcafe: 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fawklicant:
I used to own 4 parrots back in the day. Two very violent ones (one specie like 'merlin' above) and two other beautifuuuuuuul ones. The pretty ones had tails as long as 8-10 inches or maybe more. Very graceful. The violent ones would attack anything that came close to their cage.
Always alerted us when anyone was approaching our stairs. Noisy during the day, but calm at night. Always pulled a Houdini in their escape stunts. You could come out to see wiregauze bent or broken to facilitate their escape. Scoffeild of prison break would have marvelled at such art. grin

I miss them though it been so many years. One died naturally, one did a jail break and never returned, the meanest did a jail break and got bitten on the neck by a monstrous rat accross the next street. The prettiest also died in the same way, rat bite to the neck in the same street.

Just curios, did the rat enter their cage to kill dem or they came out and got killed?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Fawklicant: 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Just curios, did the rat enter their cage to kill dem or they came out and got killed?

They came out and got killed. Devilish rats. It was all over within 5 seconds with a bite to the throat.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by chronique(m): 11:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
Hi guys! I just got a parrot and someone directed me here. I'm not sure what breed mine is,but I want a parrot that can talk. If it doesn't talk,I'd have to sell it off with immediate effect. I'm also scared of the part where you guys talked about them being destructive. I leave for work in the morning and come back at night. I wouldn't want to come back and meet the house in a mess,cos I intend to keep it indoors. How do you guys cope with cleaning the cage?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by teflondoncuzo(m): 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
chronique:
Hi guys! I just got a parrot and someone directed me here. I'm not sure what breed mine is,but I want a parrot that can talk. If it doesn't talk,I'd have to sell it off with immediate effect. I'm also scared of the part where you guys talked about them being destructive. I leave for work in the morning and come back at night. I wouldn't want to come back and meet the house in a mess,cos I intend to keep it indoors. How do you guys cope with cleaning the cage?

Post the pics

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by younghartz(m): 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
Katherine acts like cat,she doesn't like seeing rat...she kills dem all(d rats are usually small tho) always attracted to her cage due to her palm kernels...

And the bro who just got a parrot (d specie name is called senegal grey) it doesn't talk.....it won't destroy anything since its caged..
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
chronique:

Plz can i ask why u bought a parrot? You go out in d morning and come back at night. During d period u're out will any1 b at home or just d parrot? Parrots like being in d company of people. They are attention seeking pets.
U said something abt selling it off if it doesnt talk. Even African greys that talk wont talk if it doesnt hear someone to learn from. Cos its d things you say frequently they'll learn to repeat.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by chronique(m): 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
That's exactly what I want to do now. I've always admired parrots cos of the way they mimic people. I've kept dogs as pets in the past but I made the mistake of not researching well before purchasing the parrot. I actually didn't plan to buy it,but saw someone passing my office with a parrot. Just then,I realized I'd always wanted one,and I decided to pay for it on the spot. Well,the parrot is scared of me,and only eats and plays,when I'm away from him. Moreso,I haven't been able to spend time with it cos I'm always not around. I don't think I have the luxury of time to sit in front of a parrot and start talking non-stop so it can learn how to talk;that would never happen. I haven't even been able to sit with the man I wanted to help me build a cage for the pet... As it is,my mind is made up on selling it off. Anyone interested in it,should give me a ring.
beautycrush24:

Plz can i ask why u bought a parrot? You go out in d morning and come back at night. During d period u're out will any1 b at home or just d parrot? Parrots like being in d company of people. They are attention seeking pets.
U said something abt selling it off if it doesnt talk. Even African greys that talk wont talk if it doesnt hear someone to learn from. Cos its d things you say frequently they'll learn to repeat.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by teflondoncuzo(m): 11:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
chronique:
That's exactly what I want to do now. I've always admired parrots cos of the way they mimic people. I've kept dogs as pets in the past but I made the mistake of not researching well before purchasing the parrot. I actually didn't plan to buy it,but saw someone passing my office with a parrot. Just then,I realized I'd always wanted one,and I decided to pay for it on the spot. Well,the parrot is scared of me,and only eats and plays,when I'm away from him. Moreso,I haven't been able to spend time with it cos I'm always not around. I don't think I have the luxury of time to sit in front of a parrot and start talking non-stop so it can learn how to talk;that would never happen. I haven't even been able to sit with the man I wanted to help me build a cage for the pet... As it is,my mind is made up on selling it off. Anyone interested in it,should give me a ring.

What type of parrot do u have
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 11:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
chronique:

Ours used to be afraid of us too till he got used to us and realized we mean no harm.
You have to upload a pix in order to be able to sell it.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Baroba(m): 2:39am On Jan 05, 2016
beautycrush24:

Ours used to be afraid of us too till he got used to us and realized we mean no harm.
You have to upload a pix in order to be able to sell it.

He has a thread with the picture of the said parrot..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
Please i need your help and suggestions o. I finally let out my parrot out of her cage cos i felt she's been caged for too long.
Now the problem is that she is so scared and has chosen to stay on top of the curtain rail. Its been up there since yesterday and has refused to eat anything. She flew around once or twice and still whistles but she wont go back into her cage and she wont eat.
Any suggestions as to what i can do?
I've put different foods on the floor but that didnt work.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by teflondoncuzo(m): 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
beautycrush24:
Please i need your help and suggestions o. I finally let out my parrot out of her cage cos i felt she's been caged for too long.
Now the problem is that she is so scared and has chosen to stay on top of the curtain rail. Its been up there since yesterday and has refused to eat anything. She flew around once or twice and still whistles but she wont go back into her cage and she wont eat.
Any suggestions as to what i can do?
I've put different foods on the floor but that didnt work.
you should catch her and put back in the cage, then u can bring her out again say like tomorrow gradually she would get used to going to her cage herself.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 4:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
teflondoncuzo:
you should catch her and put back in the cage, then u can bring her out again say like tomorrow gradually she would get used to going to her cage herself.

Catch ke? If u get dat close, it'll fly to d next curtain
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by teflondoncuzo(m): 7:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
beautycrush24:

Catch ke? If u get dat close, it'll fly to d next curtain
Throw a cloth over it, like a blanket or cover cloth that's how u catch it

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 10:41am On Jan 25, 2016
teflondoncuzo:

Throw a cloth over it, like a blanket or cover cloth that's how u catch it

Thanks. She's back in her cage now. Went in on her own this morning.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by kanbilism: 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2016
I have Africa grey parrot at home,his name is Nicky,the bird is talking fine,Africa grey is the real talking parrot others are Macau,parakeet and senegalle...if you want to buy any type u can call me on 07033755593.check the pics

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by kanbilism: 2:19pm On Jan 25, 2016
adamooye:

Got mine for 52k from Bauchi to Abuja contact me on 08038882170
Call me on 07033755593 incase you need one.Africa grey,parakeet,senegalle.I have it all.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by teflondoncuzo(m): 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2016
beautycrush24:

Thanks. She's back in her cage now. Went in on her own this morning.

What type of parrot u got
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Simplesoul05(m): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2016
What type of parrot is this, def not african grey. Can it tlk too?

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by teflondoncuzo(m): 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
uote author=Simplesoul05 post=42336082]What type of parrot is this, def not african grey. Can it tlk too?[/quote]

This is a Senegal parrot, I used to have 2 one died one escaped
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 5:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
teflondoncuzo:

What type of parrot u got

Senegal parrot
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by teflondoncuzo(m): 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
beautycrush24:

Senegal parrot

Had 2, 1 died the other escaped had them for over a year. I presently have a love bird
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Simplesoul05(m): 10:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
teflondoncuzo:

Had 2, 1 died the other escaped had them for over a year. I presently have a love bird

Can it talk too?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by teflondoncuzo(m): 8:28am On Jan 27, 2016
Simplesoul05:

Can it talk too?

Nope
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by ollybosieb: 8:48am On Mar 11, 2016
I have an African grey parrot I want to sell, it talks clearly. Anyone interested pls contact me. Thanks.

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by teflondoncuzo(m): 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2016
ollybosieb:
I have an African grey parrot I want to sell, it talks clearly. Anyone interested pls contact me. Thanks.

How Much, and where are u located
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by blunt2dcore(m): 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
My two parrots ; tarzan & jane just died within 3 days interval. They were running stool, bought them when they were babies (5months old b4 they died). Check their feather and found lots of fleas. Could thqt have caused their death? Still can't fathom d cause. Pls help!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away / World's Most Expensive Snake Is Lavender Albino Ball Python, Costs N14 Million / My Diary (From A Dog's POV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.