Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,512 members, 7,816,237 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

No Parrot Owners Here? - Pets (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / No Parrot Owners Here? (79095 Views)

Top 5 Lazy Dogs Perfect For Busy Owners. / Checkout This Video Of A PARROT PRAYING IN Islam.(video) / Just Got Myself A Baby Parrot;need Tips On How To Train It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
Fawklicant:
I used to own 4 parrots back in the day. Two very violent ones (one specie like 'merlin' above) and two other beautifuuuuuuul ones. The pretty ones had tails as long as 8-10 inches or maybe more. Very graceful. The violent ones would attack anything that came close to their cage.
Always alerted us when anyone was approaching our stairs. Noisy during the day, but calm at night. Always pulled a Houdini in their escape stunts. You could come out to see wiregauze bent or broken to facilitate their escape. Scoffeild of prison break would have marvelled at such art. grin

I miss them though it been so many years. One died naturally, one did a jail break and never returned, the meanest did a jail break and got bitten on the neck by a monstrous rat accross the next street. The prettiest also died in the same way, rat bite to the neck in the same street.

Awwww....dats sad. My merlin is not violent o!
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
elbinmanny:
Meet mine his name is sucre very aggressive n destructive . How do I calm him down..im not the type that cage pets though.
He leaves the house for his early morning routine destruction outside and comes back through the kitchen window cheesy

Lol. You have to train it to be calm but i dunno if you can still do dat now that its wandering on its own o.

All those asking how you'll know African grey, this guy's sucre is african grey

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Olayinka777:
I have five beautiful African grey talking parrots. They are so entertaining & fun to be with, they are about 3 months old. Four of them are available for sale. I'm based in Abuja.

Haba....why did u stuff dem up like dat? I'm complaining merlin's cage is too small for her and u're puttin 4 big parrots in d same cage size
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
goldfish80:
I once had a parrot named suzzi. She calls me Niggaaaaaa! And screams Jesus! When she's hungry, she only eats uncooked groundnuts. I left it with my aunt on my vacation only to be told she committed suicide. I was devastated.
Huh! Suicide ke....how na?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 7:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
VellyG:
My parrot ... Was bought b4 I was born 33 Yrs old . Speaks Igbo , pidgin and English lang.
Wtf! 33yrs! shocked That's great
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
klexycole:
Does It Really Talk Like Human??
Its Kinda Funny.
Yea it does. But it has yankee accent. Lol

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
wahles:
Name's Alex! Noisy too, so va, he calls out just 2 names clearly enough, bukky and Ganiat, my kid sisters grin.. mayb cos dats d names we all yell out for errends.. he also amplifiers d names wen we call too grin
Isn't that a senegal grey? It talks? I'm surprised
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
I was surprised to login after a long while to see so much comments on this thread. I thought it was long dead.
I went through all the comments and i've been laughing ever since.
I still haven't gathered liver to free merlin yet but i really want to. I'll probably get an African grey later later. Parrots are cool to have around even when they don't talk. Mine dips her head into her bowl of water and uses her claws to style d hair. Lol. I'm very serious. I'll snap it the next time she does it.
I saw so many lovely parrots up there. Nice.

2 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by jenyna: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
beautycrush24:

KIlled d other? How r u sure?

Yes o,they always fight. We suspected that both are either male or female. So they don't gree.

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by john1035: 5:01am On Sep 30, 2015
[quoteauthor=beautycrush24 post=38504718]
They sell in apapa and in festac too. You can google d specie to know wat it looks like. I used to tink twas pointless too until i had one. I've had it for over 2 years now and its still very entertaining[/quote]
Please, Where Exactly Can I Get It In Apapa Or Festac?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by younghartz(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
beautycrush24:

The one i liked was abt 60k. Ordinary cage o! I just jejely closed d page. But its big and has toys in it

Na wa o
You saw my cage right? Does guys did it for me under 5mins at d rate of 1500@ agric b4 barracks

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by aurorae1: 7:53am On Oct 01, 2015
beautycrush24:
I was surprised to login after a long while to see so much comments on this thread. I thought it was long dead.
I still haven't gathered liver to free merlin yet but i really want to. I'll probably get an African grey later later. Parrots are cool to have around even when they don't talk. Mine dips her head into her bowl of water and uses her claws to style d hair. Lol. I'm very serious. I'll snap it the next time she does it.
Mine used to do that too.None of her feathers must be out of place.

2 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by aurorae1: 7:57am On Oct 01, 2015
jenyna:

Yes o,they always fight. We suspected that both are either male or female. So they don't gree.
parrots do have a proclivity to mate for life,so if they hate the male Na war o.Mine tried killing the male,he was always scared near her,she broke a pen and dumped all the ink all over his body,i pitied the poor thing.

2 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2015
younghartz:

Na wa o
You saw my cage right? Does guys did it for me under 5mins at d rate of 1500@ agric b4 barracks
Huh! I'll probably go and look for them there.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 8:37am On Oct 01, 2015
jenyna:

Yea....i read that its not adviceable to put 2 parrots of different beak size in d same cage

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by younghartz(m): 9:55am On Oct 01, 2015
beautycrush24:

Huh! I'll probably go and look for them there.

Do merlin make crazy noise at night?
Am nt sure tho cus simon never did that...(Senegal whatever breed)
But katherine(round neck) do that most times..maybe she has nightmare I guess...lol grin bt if I check on her I'd see rat in da cage.
Unfortunately my mom sis (who is so religious) came over to spend d night yesterday and I was up till 1am browsing then katherine made that funny sound for so long. so,I had to go check on her and funny enough I saw my mom sis praying and cast d evil spirit inside my bird.....lol
Then she turned around and said "kill this ur bird cus its satanic" birds don't make sound at night...

2 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by younghartz(m): 10:02am On Oct 01, 2015
beautycrush24:

Try to give ur merlin palm-kernel and see wonders esp the way he'll eat it
I do give mine crackers (biscuit) most times.

1 Like

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by younghartz(m): 11:23am On Oct 01, 2015
beautycrush24:

Yea....i read that its not adviceable to put 2 parrots of different beak size in d same cage

Really? Bt katherine and simon are different beak size

Bt I felt love when I saw something...
Sometime ago simon felt sick due to my careless,he got soak in engine oil,he became ugly,his color faded off,lookin dull at all time,no strength to eat bt I noticed something,6:45am every morning katherine helps simon to clean his feathers...jeeez! I couldn't believe it,she takes food from d plate and put it inside simon's mouth with her beak..this stuff happened for two weeks....
I really love d way simon and katherine blend with each other....

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
younghartz:

Really? Bt katherine and simon are different beak size

Bt I felt love when I saw something...
Sometime ago simon felt sick due to my careless,he got soak in engine oil,he became ugly,his color faded off,lookin dull at all time,no strength to eat bt I noticed something,6:45am every morning katherine helps simon to clean his feathers...jeeez! I couldn't believe it,she takes food from d plate and put it inside simon's mouth with her beak..this stuff happened for two weeks....
I really love d way simon and katherine blend with each other....

Wow! That's really something.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by beautycrush24(f): 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
younghartz:

Do merlin make crazy noise at night?
Am nt sure tho cus simon never did that...(Senegal whatever breed)
But katherine(round neck) do that most times..maybe she has nightmare I guess...lol grin bt if I check on her I'd see rat in da cage.
Unfortunately my mom sis (who is so religious) came over to spend d night yesterday and I was up till 1am browsing then katherine made that funny sound for so long. so,I had to go check on her and funny enough I saw my mom sis praying and cast d evil spirit inside my bird.....lol
Then she turned around and said "kill this ur bird cus its satanic" birds don't make sound at night...

Lol....merlin doesnt make any sound at night. But on 2 ocassions it screamed around past 10pm or there about. We quickly came out to check wat was wrong but saw norhing. But she was obviously frightened and breathin fast. We just stayed wit it for a while and it relaxed. No night noise after those two.

Plz dont kill ur bird o....its not satanic. Sone people are just over religious.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by younghartz(m): 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2015
beautycrush24:

Funny tho

2 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Olayinka777(m): 11:02am On Oct 04, 2015
beautycrush24:

Thanks babe I plan getting more cages.
Haba....why did u stuff dem up like dat? I'm complaining merlin's cage is too small for her and u're puttin 4 big parrots in d same cage size
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 04, 2015
younghartz:

Your merlin looks like my simon
If you could watch,simon was outside d house resting on my hand

How old was simon when you got it, and how long has it been with you? How were you able to domesticate it? The one I have is just too wild, and not friendly at all, although he is dead now, but I never held it or even touched it once.

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by younghartz(m): 11:54am On Oct 04, 2015
Mrdrix:

How old was simon when you got it, and how long has it been with you? How were you able to domesticate it? The one I have is just too wild, and not friendly at all, although he is dead now, but I never held it or even touched it once.

Ha! Bros enh dis ur question na die bt I'll ansa dem all

I never knew d age of simon cus d abokii sef no knw.

Simon was with me for 3yrs.

He didn't grow at all bt d feather became brighter and d tail became longer.

When I bought simon I placed him in my veranda I was using rod to carry it after den I started using hand glove...then d bond stated...katherine is d opposite of simon(so aggressive)
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 04, 2015
younghartz:

Ha! Bros enh dis ur question na die bt I'll ansa dem all

I never knew d age of simon cus d abokii sef no knw.

Simon was with me for 3yrs.

He didn't grow at all bt d feather became brighter and d tail became longer.

When I bought simon I placed him in my veranda I was using rod to carry it after den I started using hand glove...then d bond stated...katherine is d opposite of simon(so aggressive)

Ok, Thanks.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by younghartz(m): 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
Mrdrix:

Ok, Thanks.
You're always welcome sire.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by adamooye: 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
Got mine today. I love him any Idea of the name I will call him/her cos I don't the sex.

3 Likes

Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
adamooye:
Got mine today. I love him any Idea of the name I will call him/her cos I don't the sex.

I think ruby will do. Is it an African grey, and how old is he?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by adamooye: 11:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
Mrdrix:

I think ruby will do. Is it an African grey, and how old is he?
It's an African grey I really do not know how old he is now.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
adamooye:
It's an African grey I really do not know how old he is now.
Alright. Hope he/she is not aggressive?
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by adamooye: 6:48am On Oct 10, 2015
He/she is very aggressive, but the person that sold it to me said we will get along with time.
Re: No Parrot Owners Here? by teflondoncuzo(m): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2015
adamooye:
He/she is very aggressive, but the person that sold it to me said we will get along with time.
. How much did u get the bird

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

The Little Chick I Found That Doesn't Want To Go Away / World's Most Expensive Snake Is Lavender Albino Ball Python, Costs N14 Million / My Diary (From A Dog's POV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.