Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man (6473 Views)

What's This Girl Trying To Do? / South African Woman Wants To Understand Nigerian Men / 10 Characters Young Guys Exhibit When Trying To Get Under The Pant Of A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by pureminded: 8:42am On Feb 21, 2009
Im proud to be a Naija Guy, grin

but we are sometimes undecided
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by cvibe: 8:56am On Feb 21, 2009
@poster,

As a Nija man, i can tell you are still in the early stages of your relationship.

Months down the line, expect:

To start opening the door for yourself

When you go shopping, expect to hear those words "can't you walk faster" with him infront and you trailing behind.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by oluwafemi113(m): 10:46am On Feb 21, 2009
@ cvibe

haba why you they talk like this. you no be Nija man
@ poster no mid cvibe na comedian him be ooo
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Caper143(f): 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2009
Well, if he is right, and in a few months I have some guy walking ahead and bitching at me to walk faster then he can walk by himself!

What a man has to do to get me, he has to continue doing to keep me.

I don't NEED him. I LIKE him but he should never make the mistake to think that I'm desperate enough to stay with ANY man who doesn't treat me right. I am a good woman who treats my man with only the best and I expect it in return. A man should NEVER think he is irreplaceble!!
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by DrTony1(m): 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2009
@Sense U r gud lady but dont be deicieved by dese haters.A Nigerian Is just like anyoda man in d world only dats he needs some respect 4rm d Lady which I know U can give em.Gudluck Baby girl wit ur Naija Lova
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Gabry(f): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2009
Ehm Ehm EHm Ehm EHm grin
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by spikedcylinder: 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2009
Caper143:

Well, if he is right, and in a few months I have some guy walking ahead and bitching at me to walk faster then he can walk by himself!

I don't NEED him. I LIKE him but he should never make the mistake to think that I'm desperate enough to stay with ANY man who doesn't treat me right. I am a good woman who treats my man with only the best and I expect it in return. A man should NEVER think he is irreplaceble!!

Hmmmn. . . .
You and sistawoman would sure get along. tongue
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Gabry(f): 2:16pm On Feb 21, 2009
LMAO! grin
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Caper143(f): 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2009
Sistawoman must be a quite the sweetheart then. kiss
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Gabry(f): 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2009
She's ma role model grin kiss
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by spoilt(f): 2:37am On Feb 22, 2009
@ OP
He's extra romantic and opens car doors for you?  shocked
Reads post again. I see. You are white. We (being nigerian women) usually do not get such gentlemanly gestures. We just watch them in movies or read about them. Apparently you are extra special. Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by MaiSuya(m): 4:40am On Feb 22, 2009
Caper143:

I don't NEED him.  I LIKE him but he should never make the mistake to think that I'm desperate enough to stay with ANY man who doesn't treat me right.  I am a good woman who treats my man with only the best and I expect it in return.  A man should NEVER think he is irreplaceble!! 

Mr caper143 this is . . . RED LIGHT! RED LIGHT!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 22, 2009
Caper143:

Lord have mercy . . . and they havent even married yet and she's issuing threats. Mr Caper better find another woman.
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Gabry(f): 6:51am On Feb 22, 2009
Yes ooo. . . Nahhh. . . da dude dey open car doors for her and la di da la di da. . . Story Story. . . Na waaa oooo. . . . I wonder how long will he be doing that for her sef? lipsrsealed undecided

Poster,

I heard and saw on Oprah Winfrey that romantic guys are killers. Becareful. shocked shocked embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by bunmii(f): 9:26am On Feb 22, 2009
spoilt:

@ OP
He's extra romantic and opens car doors for you? shocked
Reads post again. I see. You are white. We (being nigerian women) usually do not get such gentlemanly gestures. We just watch them in movies or read about them. Apparently you are extra special. Enjoy!

LMAO!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by cvibe: 2:50pm On Feb 22, 2009
@ Poster, do enjoy your relationship.
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Caper143(f): 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2009
cvide, yes I do. He treats me good and I treat him good in return. A relationship is give and take. I wish he were a bit more open with his thoughts but I guess that will come with time.

As for the comment about him being a gentleman because I'm white, Hmmm, I very much doubt that the color of my skin has anything to do with how he treats me. He's a gentleman because I am a lady.
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by blissfullynaughty: 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2009
Caper143:

[b]I'm a white Canadian woman in a relationship with a Nigerian man.  The differences in culture are still new to me so I thought this would be a good way to learn about him since I believe where you come from is a big part of who you are. 

So far, he is quite sweet.   He opens the car door for me, takes me out to movies and dinner, he holds my hand when shopping in stores and compliments me all the time.  I have heard that Nigerian men are not generally romantic and yet he is, or at least he seems to be.

I really do care for him and I guess I am hoping to get some insight in how he thinks and feels from people who share his background.  He is definately someone who's actions speak louder than words because he does plenty for me but is not very forward with discussing his feelings.  Any insight any of you care to share is appreciated.  Thanks!   smiley

How long has your relationship been going on for again? You know what, don't bother answering that question. You are still in the honeymoon stage. When he gets what he wants out of you or when you have been together long enough to do those stinky farts in front of each other without being embarrassed, you can come and preach the gospel of the great romantic Nigerian male. Obviously, there are some romantic Nigerian blokes out there and yours could very well be one of them, but predominantly, chivalry is not a word that springs to mind when one thinks of Nigerian men.
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Caper143(f): 6:41pm On Feb 22, 2009
Blissfully naughty, you're right, it is new. I know very little about Nigeria or the people from there. That is why I started to read up on this site to begin with, so that I could have some insight on where he comes from, his culture, his country, and his customs.
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by naijacanada: 12:49am On Jul 08, 2013
Thank you for sharing...great to read, I also met a nice Nigerian man, he is married and has kids, lives in Nigeria but we are just friends.....I enjoy to read and to learn about the Nigerian culture, I am cooking Nigerian foods... smiley
I am 50 year old white female (divorcee), do you think that Nigerian man in their late forties or fifties are still looking for a relationship? and how to go about to meet them.....
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by naijacanada: 12:50am On Jul 08, 2013
Just realized this was old post from 2009
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by MrsChima(f): 10:50am On Jul 08, 2013
No...most Nigerian men your age that are single or divorced like chicks my age...young.

Now you would have a better chance getting a young Nigerian boy living with his parents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Enegod(m): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
No...most Nigerian men your age that are single or divorced like chicks my age...young.

Now you would have a better chance getting a young Nigerian boy living with his parents.
*faints*
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 08, 2013
naijacanada: Thank you for sharing...great to read, I also met a nice Nigerian man, he is married and has kids, lives in Nigeria but we are just friends.....I enjoy to read and to learn about the Nigerian culture, I am cooking Nigerian foods... smiley
I am 50 year old white female (divorcee), do you think that Nigerian man in their late forties or fifties are still looking for a relationship? and how to go about to meet them.....

Yes but not from all regions of Nigeria. The men from south east Nigeria most often prefer to marry young women(16-27years) unlike their counterparts in North and south west who puts attraction above age.

If you are attractive with the right "ass-sets" and boobs then you have chance of getting into relationship with some Nigerian men from specific regions.
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by MrsChima(f): 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
Enegod: *faints*

What? Too direct? embarassed
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Enegod(m): 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

What? Too direct? embarassed
ugly truth
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by MrsChima(f): 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
Enegod: ugly truth

Hmmm.
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by eeewise(m): 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by Enegod(m): 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Hmmm.
Re: Canadian Girl Trying To Understand Nigerian Man by naijacanada: 3:47am On Jul 09, 2013
Thank you.....Good to know.....Truth....well meanwhile I will just learn more about the Igbo and Nigerian culture... Thanks smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Him Understand That I'm Not Interested? / The Truth About Thick Girls / My Experience With My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.