Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - TV/Movies (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (91013 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 14% (31 votes)
Fiction: 5% (12 votes)
Action: 22% (46 votes)
Comedy: 27% (58 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (6 votes)
Adventure: 14% (31 votes)
Mission: 3% (7 votes)
Bad Movies: 0% (1 vote)
Zombie: 1% (4 votes)
Vampire: 3% (7 votes)
Evil: 0% (0 votes)
Gun_shot!: 2% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by nana(f): 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2010
Diary of a wimpy kid
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by ijawgirl: 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

Am i the only one who didnt feel INCEPTION at all?! didnt even finish the damn movie and will have to watch it again in a few days to make my mind up.
if anyone hasnt seen it yet, here is the streaming links: http://www.wisevid.com/play?v=3t_uJfuzcu97

Inception-deep complexity
You have to pay attention to every detail. It can get confusing if you dont
I didnt like Inception the first time I watched it because I went there thinking it was going to a movie that did not require critical thinking. I was lost after 45 minutes. It plays with your mind and at the end it leaves you hanging.
Inception is a great movie no doubt but not my thing. It was very hard for me to relate to the movie

There are no emotions, no depth in character, no turning points. This movie just didn't touched you emotionaly at all, it is just an "idea" or "concept" brought to you trough the audio visual medium. Inception failed miserably for me.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by iice(f): 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2010
Erhhh it was emotional and depth of character was limited true.
It's a movie meant for logical people.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2010
ijaw_girl:

Inception-deep complexity
You have to pay attention to every detail. It can get confusing if you dont
I didnt like Inception the first time I watched it because I went there thinking it was going to a movie that did not require critical thinking. I was lost after 45 minutes. It plays with your mind and at the end it leaves you hanging.
Inception is a great movie no doubt but not my thing. It was very hard for me to relate to the movie

There are no emotions, no depth in character, no turning points. This movie just didn't touched you emotionaly at all, it is just an "idea" or "concept" brought to you trough the audio visual medium. Inception failed miserably for me.

i was double tasking when watching it so the flick didnt have my full attention and got me confused right from the 3 level dreams.
will definitely give it another try.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by vescucci(m): 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2010
Grown Ups. Not nearly as horrible as I thought it would be. 5 buffoons, I mean real life buffoons, equals total buffoonery.

The Bannen Way. Best low budget film I've seen this year. Coulda been much better though, the Guy Ritchie rip off.

Watching Valhalla Rising now and I'm hoping the whole movie won't be just senseless silent violence like the first ten minutes I'm seeing.

Saving Despicable Me for later, in case I need to get a bad taste outta my mouth.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by obinna5000(m): 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2010
"Inception" was cool but the only let down for me was how the way it ended. But, all and all, it still a good film.

Christopher Nolan really knows how to write good stories. Have you guys seen "Memento"? You should also check that one out. And there's no need to ask if you've seen "The Dark Knight".
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by vescucci(m): 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2010
Seeing what I'm seeing, there is urgent need.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by iice(f): 4:14am On Aug 13, 2010
Caro wetin carry you watch grown ups? grin I no fit jare.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by vescucci(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2010
Lol, you are fatally allergic to Adam Sandler na. I've seen worse films

Valhalla Rising was bullshit extremely well made. I dunno what the story is about exactly but I like minimalist stuff and this was up my alley.

Despicable Me was funny. I rarely laugh out loud but the first fifteen minutes of this film got me chuckling
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by iice(f): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2010
Right about Valhalla Rising. Very basic but still crappy.

Haven't seen despicable me yet
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by v3: 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2010
@topic

@iice et al
howdy?  cool
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by iice(f): 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2010
iice:

Ewwww. *never speaks to v3 again* cheesy
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2010

[size=13pt]
Bonnie and Clyde
Bonnie and Clyde Wow!!! I had not seen this until now, and I'm absolutely blown away by this movie!!! Faye Dunnaway is gorgeous cheesy cheesy cheesy , and Warren Beatty gives a great performance grin grin.

There is a certain sense of freedom in the film – the two main characters give up a life of normality to go crazy! They have the time of their lives; to them, it's almost as if it's not about the fact that they want to rob banks, than the fact that they just don't want to be a part of society.

What a great idea for a film! It reminds me a bit of Terrence Malick's 1973 film BADLANDS. The editing is also phenomenal – I noticed that the editor was able to put things together in the editing room that would appear to (at least traditionally) not cut together – but somehow she managed. I was also impressed by the screenplay, which was enticing and poetic at the same time. wink
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by daylae(m): 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2010
Had to see 'perfect murder' again;and am lovin it each time.@'despicable me' was so so; but made so much noise tho.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2010
[size=13pt]daylae i feel you. . . wink

Perfect Murderer
is a good movie, the more I watch it the more I like it. When I first viewed this movie I thought it was ok, but when we bought the video it began to grow on me. The acting is excellent, and the story twists along at a good pace. Douglas is a good actor and his performance alone is worth renting this film. grin grin grin
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by daylae(m): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2010
Yeah,douglas na chairman.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by obinna5000(m): 8:34pm On Aug 13, 2010
I saw "Salt" today at Ozone cinemas.

I'll rate it 7/10.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by teeluv(m): 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2010
so is it a movie that is worth the money?
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by obinna5000(m): 9:30pm On Aug 13, 2010
@teeluv
"Salt" had a lot of stunts and action but the storyline wasn't so good. But its still worth giving a shot.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by bgees(m): 5:04am On Aug 14, 2010
Jennifer's Body
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:26am On Aug 14, 2010
[size=13pt]True. . . . . wink wink wink
[/size]
daylae:

Yeah,douglas na chairman.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by parislomo(f): 11:30am On Aug 14, 2010
saw IJE @ Silverbird Galleria on Wednesday grin grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2010
[size=13pt]I just have to see this movie. . . . .!!! grin[/size]

parislomo:

saw IJE @ Silverbird Galleria on Wednesday grin grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by parislomo(f): 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2010
It's a good movie but the end is predictable. You should see it. I enjoyed my time and that's a plus for the movie cheesy cool
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2010
[size=13pt]Still can't wait to see this movie my dear. . . wink I wish i can buy em now --i wonder if i can download em into my PC .[/size]

parislomo:

It's a good movie but the end is predictable. You should see it. I enjoyed my time and that's a plus for the movie cheesy cool
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2010

[size=13pt]
Crash
There is good and bad in all of us. This movie explores this like no other. It will make you think about the nature of bigotry and stereotypes. The characters switch from heavy to hero in a way that is deeply moving and exhilarating. It is TV drama style writing where several different groups of characters and plots interweave (Paul Haggis) but with none of the limits of TV, it reminded me of "Hill Street Blues" which from me is a big compliment.

I am a Don Cheadle fan and he captures the role. Sandra Bullock plays against character and pulls it off with ease. The most impressive performance to me was Ryan Phillippe's. Almost every nationality in LA was represented and they all were interesting and realistic. The ensemble cast and various plots blend together and keep your interest. Cast is great, music is haunting, writing is superb. Go see this movie.  grin
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ibomade1: 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2010
Karate Kid.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2010
[size=13pt]Kung Fu Kid. . . . grin

1. If you think this movie is The Karate Kid, it's not. But hold it right there.

2. The Kung Fu Kid (this title is officially renamed by me) is a charming film with rich culture and character.The backdrop of China is visually stunning and gives kids watching the film an appreciation of the World that is so often lost in the isolation of America. I watched this film with a 6, 9, 11, & 12 year olds and they all wanted to pack their bags for China by the end.

3. Jayden Smith=daddy jr. Which works! It's adorable to see his mannerisms portrayed in that oh-I'm just-perfectly-lovable-Will-Smith sort of way. He is a fine young actor with a bright future ahead of him. grin grin grin

4. All-in-all this was a surprise summer treat for me and my cousins.I highly recommend this film! wink
[/size]

Ibo-made:

Karate Kid.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ibomade1: 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2010
^^ Really nice movie considering the fact that I am not into movies with Kids playing the lead role.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2010
[size=13pt][font=OldMan Book Book Style]I feel you my dear but what i would like is that , did you enjoyed seeing the movie? wink

I did but not as i was expecting lol grin
[/font][/size]
Ibo-made:

^^ Really nice movie considering the fact that I am not into movies with Kids playing the lead role.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by bgees(m): 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]
Crash
There is good and bad in all of us. This movie explores this like no other. It will make you think about the nature of bigotry and stereotypes. The characters switch from heavy to hero in a way that is deeply moving and exhilarating. It is TV drama style writing where several different groups of characters and plots interweave (Paul Haggis) but with none of the limits of TV, it reminded me of "Hill Street Blues" which from me is a big compliment.

I am a Don Cheadle fan and he captures the role. Sandra Bullock plays against character and pulls it off with ease. The most impressive performance to me was Ryan Phillippe's. Almost every nationality in LA was represented and they all were interesting and realistic. The ensemble cast and various plots blend together and keep your interest. Cast is great, music is haunting, writing is superb. Go see this movie.  grin
[/size]

This was one deep movie. I loved it.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by dayokanu(m): 10:45pm On Aug 14, 2010
expendables

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (100)

Vee To Neo: "Your Dick Is Small, Though You Are Long Like 3rd Mainland Bridge” / BBNaija: Nelson Had Sex With Diane In The House? (Photo) / TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.