Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched? - TV/Movies (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (90984 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 14% (31 votes)
Fiction: 5% (12 votes)
Action: 22% (46 votes)
Comedy: 27% (58 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (6 votes)
Adventure: 14% (31 votes)
Mission: 3% (7 votes)
Bad Movies: 0% (1 vote)
Zombie: 1% (4 votes)
Vampire: 3% (7 votes)
Evil: 0% (0 votes)
Gun_shot!: 2% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by iice(f): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2010
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World ~ At first i was like heh? But turned out hilarious and awesome awesome editing! Hope they get nominated for the Oscars.

Superman/Shazam: The return of Black Adam. . .less superman so it was enjoyable to me tongue
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by jaybee3(m): 4:03pm On Nov 21, 2010
Unstoppable cool cool cool cool
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2010
confessions of a shopaholic- Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by jaybee3(m): 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2010
Locked Down undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by vescucci(m): 2:11am On Nov 23, 2010
Shrek Forever After. Thank God it was short. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Little in the way of suspense here but it wasn't catastrophic or ridonkeylous
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 4:01am On Nov 23, 2010
Garam masala- a rollercoaster of laughter
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:16am On Nov 23, 2010

[size=13pt]The Exorcist
The Exorcist is the best horror film ever made and there is one reason for this,the subject matter is treated with dignity and respect,too many "horror films" are made today that just don't try,it's as if they give up half way through and fall into self parody and amusement.the Exorcist is an exception and one of the very few good horror films around.the film works on a number of levels and is one of the few films I know of to do this i.e subliminal imagery,multiple storylines. a lot has been written about this film drawing mainly on sensationalism surrounding the films release that it would be hard for someone who has not seen the film to not have any preconceptions,but if you have not seen the film do try to keep an open mind because it will scare the hell out of you grin grin grin .

this is also one of the rare cases where a film could arguably be better than the book it was adapted from.in my opinion the film could not have been made any better,the cast throughout are superb, the locations and production are second to none,all the characters are totally believable and there are points in the film where you think all this could really happen and it is for that reason the film is frightening and continues to frighten people to this day. . . . a true shocker and one that has not lost any of its impact over the years.  grin grin wink
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by spikedcylinder: 11:41am On Nov 23, 2010
Takers again. Not like it was so fantastic sef. Damn you Idris, damn you to hight heavens. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:54am On Nov 23, 2010
[size=13pt]You funny darling. . . this one you are not smiling on face it seem the movie really pissed you off. right? grin grin - abeg , smile for me jare . grin grin grin wink
[/size]
spikedcylinder:

Takers again. Not like it was so fantastic sef. Damn you Idris, damn you to hight heavens. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2010
[size=13pt]Case 39 belongs to the classic Genre of horror movies like The Omen, Children of the Corn, Ring etc. Yes all these movies have a thing in common, child demon. . . . cheesy cheesy And Jodelle Ferland as the Evil protagonist is intense. grin wink[/size]

obinna5000:

Case 39 cheesy grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by obinna5000(m): 11:14pm On Nov 23, 2010
@Ogaga4Luv
"Case 39" started off well but messed up along the way.

spikedcylinder:

@spikedcylinder
Na so Idris Elba make you vex? Sorry o!!!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by ikamefa(f): 11:17pm On Nov 23, 2010
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by spikedcylinder: 3:22am On Nov 24, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]You funny darling. . . this one you are not smiling on face it seem the movie really pissed you off. right? grin grin - abeg , smile for me jare . grin grin grin wink
[/size]
obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv

@spikedcylinder
Na so Idris Elba make you vex? Sorry o!!!

Idris is vexing me because he's too fine. The movie is not that bad but it's not something I will watch again. smiley
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by vescucci(m): 1:44am On Nov 25, 2010
The Losers. Not extremely terrible but it's on the best picture shortlist? Dang. The Idris is there o. I've noticed it's women who like it &*!@ and &%* that think this dude is hot.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by iice(f): 2:29am On Nov 25, 2010
Lol @ your censoring caro. I suppose he's hot but he doesn't do it for me undecided
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by obinna5000(m): 8:10am On Nov 25, 2010
@vescucci
No be only Best Picture. Na Grammy. grin
THE LOSERS is a Golden Raspberry Award contender. cheesy I hope it gets nominated. cheesy
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 25, 2010
hey peeps, been a long time. . . . . . . . . .
@post
UNSTOPPABLE: nothing special (unfortunately) about the flick. the fact that it is a true story is kinda alarming. . . . . . . . unless the story has been sprinkled with Hollywood "magic" lol.

SKYLINE: what an AMAZING, FANTASTIC pile of GARBAGE that movie was/is!

MEGAMIND: funny funny and funny. in my mind, Will FERRELL can do no wrong when it comes to comedy!

THE NEXT THREE DAYS: this movie is the remake (scenes for scenes) of a French blockbuster released in 2007 called POUR ELLE. not even Russel Crowe could have made this movie half as good as the original!

STONE: an hour into this slow paced movie and i just had to give it up, star casted movie but way too slow for my liking. anyone who saw the ending could feel me in of the outcome! am i the only one who thinks that Milla Jovovich looks too comfortable playing freaky roles?!

HARRY POTTER was about to watch it but then realized i havent seen part 2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 and 10 so i gave it a thumb down!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by spikedcylinder: 11:22am On Nov 25, 2010
vescucci:

The Losers. Not extremely terrible but it's on the best picture shortlist? Dang. The Idris is there o. I've noticed it's women who like it &*!@ and &%* that think this dude is hot.

I dare you. Say it. angry angry angry angry
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2010
[size=13pt]I was surprised that this movie turned out better than I expected. Even though the story is predictable, it keep your interested and entertained. This movie delivers some creepy moments, scares and tension. it should have been more darker but it was good not bad. lipsrsealed

Well , i felt you dear Obinna5000 I'd rather see a surprise ending like in "Drag Me to Hell", but in this movie the ending is very predictable and that's the only reason why I didn't give it a 10/10. The atmosphere is suspenseful, full of tension, the acting is great and the little girl is creepy! This is a must-see for any avid horror fan grin wink
[/size]
obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2010
[size=13pt]He's too fine?? cheesy cheesy oh i need to see that Idris . grin - abeg darling , no vex again . I'll handle em for you. grin grin wink[/size]

spikedcylinder:

Idris is vexing me because he's too fine. The movie is not that bad but it's not something I will watch again. smiley
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by obinna5000(m): 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

SKYLINE: what an AMAZING, FANTASTIC pile of GARBAGE that movie was/is!

@MRbrownJAY aka MRdownload  cheesy
Movie critics voted "Skyline" as one of the worst films of 2010. Its also a contender for next year's Golden Raspberry Award.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2010
^^^^^i am definitely not surprised!!!!!
i thought it was a big budget movie but then i saw it took only $10milla to make this shite!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2010
[img]http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m360/Ogaga4Luv007/Movie Posters/Good_Will_Hunting_.jpg[/img]
[size=13pt]Good Will Hunting
What do I have to say about Good Will Hunting?? . . huh    shocked That I absolutely loved it! grin  I find no flaws in this film! I was disappointed it didn't get best picture instead of Titanic! First of all, the script. . . . .it blew me away.

The emotions that each character displayed was perfect. . . .not one scene was boring or stupid, or unnecessary. Matt Damon was pretty much perfect (I loved him in the scene where him and Minnie Driver get into the huge argument), and my heart went out to Robin Williams unforgettable character (remember the park scene? It doesn't get much better than that!). Ben Affleck was also a bright point, his performance was great (I actually thought he deserved a nomination as well for his acting, but what can ya do?) lipsrsealed  And though people thought Minnie Driver was overrated, I loved her character and she fully deserved her nomination wink .

The only minor problem was there was a little too much swearing, but it kind of suited the film. This is now at the top of my list of favourite movies.

This movie is one of those ones you can watch over and over and it will never fail to amaze you. grin grin grin wink
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2010
Good will hunting is one movie I really want to watch.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:21pm On Nov 25, 2010
[size=13pt]You really need to watch it darling friend. . . please do . wink wink

The writing is wonderful!!! . Writers Matt Damon and Ben Affleck put together a magnificent character-driven story about a young man (Damon) with a great intellect and immeasurable potential who must first battle his inner demons with the help of a court ordered psychiatrist (Williams) in order to realize his future. smiley
[/size]

rokiatu:

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by eldee(m): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2010
rokiatu:

Is it on DVD??
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2010
@ogaga, thanks for the preview

@eldee, I believe so.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by eldee(m): 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2010
@rokiatu

Aiite, thanks . . . I'll check.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:56pm On Nov 25, 2010
[size=13pt]eldee you can also find it in DVD . I recommend you check out any ''Movie''- house near you you'll surely get one . wink[/size]

eldee:

Is it on DVD??
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by iice(f): 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2010
Affleck is actually a good director and writer but a crappy actor.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2010
[size=13pt]Actually , you have made a point iice darling. you see? Ben Affleck isn't always convincing, but he's got that whole look and atmosphere of a hometown boy grin grin .

What i just want to let my dear readers to know now is that , no matter what you like, you're guaranteed to find it in this movie. It will make you laugh, make you cry, and make you think. I highly recommend it to anyone. wink
[/size]

iice:

Affleck is actually a good director and writer but a crappy actor.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched? by iice(f): 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2010
I don't see anything homegrown or whatever about him. I hate seeing him on camera but i can give props to him for his other talents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (100)

Vee To Neo: "Your Dick Is Small, Though You Are Long Like 3rd Mainland Bridge” / BBNaija: Nelson Had Sex With Diane In The House? (Photo) / TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.