Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

My 4 Bedroom Project - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My 4 Bedroom Project (86350 Views)

My 4 Bedroom Under Construction. / 3 Bedroom Project At Shimawa, Expert Needed. / Urgent Enquiry On A 3 Bedroom Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hi E-Family,

I have recently began a four bedroom all ensuite bungalow. I am attaching photo's and the house plan for it. I will need your kind advise on the right things to do in order to have a perfect project. Thanks god bless us all. Amen

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by FastShipping: 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
Good one. I am happy for you. Expert in the house will surely guide you through. I really like your house plan. It looks different from regular square/rectangular shape we see everyday. This is refreshing.

4 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by sleeknick: 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
Whats d width of that lobby?...coming from an architect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
I have no idea! I am not physically there to oversee the project. My dad's Arch from his work did the plan. Any inputs? @sleeknick?
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by sleeknick: 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
bplenty:
I have no idea! I am not physically there to oversee the project. My dad's Arch from his work did the plan. Any inputs? @sleeknick?

Hmmm....i can only deduce from d plan since am not on d site to see whatsup there. D lobby from the plan is too small considering things would be moved around through there.

2 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by toys2seven(m): 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
Form follows function. Imagine no cross ventilation in the living room. Sometimes u just gotta sacrifice aesthetics for functionality.

Arch. Toys2Seven.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 12:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hi E-family,

I have recently began pushing up the project with the bits of funds I was able to gather in the last couple of weeks, I am open to suggestions to my oga's in the house, thanks everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
I had to reattach photos as they came out as pdf instead of jpg.

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2015
More photos. As soon as it gets to lintel within the week I shall upload more photos

Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by erico2k2(m): 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2015
Nice one, keep it coming grin grin
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2015
Where is it located at?

It looks similar to my site. I can't wait to get there and tear shyte up cool

2 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by BayoJoe: 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hello OP, just concerned with the 'settings'. Blocks should not be placed on each other like I can see on some of the short walls - please confirm your supervisor/site engineer's competence. Also, check the mortar mixtures ratio o...the thing too 'red' for my eyes. undecided
Goodluck, oh sorry - Best of luck I mean.

4 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by FastShipping: 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
BayoJoe:
Hello OP, just concerned with the 'settings'. Blocks should not be placed on each other like I can see on some of the short walls - please confirm your supervisor/site engineer's competence. Also, check the mortar mixtures ratio o...the thing too 'red' for my eyes. undecided

I saw the blocks placed on each other too at the corner in the front. They need to take those down and redo it. I don't think the mixture ratio was the cause of the mortar being red. I think it is the type of sand mixed with cement. Some sand come red and no matter how you mix the sand with cement, the mortar still comes out red.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2015
BayoJoe:

I concur.

I would never accept this quality of work in a million years. And why I intend to be onsite everyday to oversee that lines are placed each day and rechecked for sag through out the day.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 11:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
FastShipping:

I saw the blocks placed on each other too at the corner in the front. They need to take those down and redo it. I don't think the mixture ratio was the cause of the mortar being red. I think it is the type of sand mixed with cement. Some sand come red and no matter how you mix the sand with cement, the mortar still comes out red.

Especially on the corners too... No good.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by micgray100(m): 4:39am On Aug 19, 2015
Change your type of sharp sand brought to site...
You should have introduced column in some critical part like the edges for rigidity and avoidance of cracks...
Make sure your lintel concrete mix is very rich.
Make sure you span the lintel all along the block wall and chain them well..
Lastly, it seems u didnt do DPC.. I see danger of water seepage along the walls in future. The only solution now is to stop the block work now and pour rich concrete inside the hollow blocks... U can also correct the bad arrangement of block shown to you above buy pouring rich concrete inside the block wall from top...

It is obvious your dad didnt use the right proffesionsls for your job...

Best of luck..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 3:02am On Aug 23, 2015
More of the lintel photos, I could see a bit of mistake from one of the windows when they sent me the video of the project, I have asked that they correct it but they said its only when they plaster the building will be when to correct the little error, so far I reckon its a above average job done so far. When I arrive to inspect the site for the next phase will be to stay on site to let all corrections be done ASAP. Feel free my ogas to add your inputs too, it goes a long way. Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by KolaShangOne(m): 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
On a lighter note, why are there so many holes in the blocks like the house is being used for firing practice? grin

On a serious note, you should have introduced columns when you have a single wall spanning more than 4 metres. I also hope you not planning to use 'parapet'.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
@KolaShanOneThe holes in the house don't mean a thing. From finding it will be filled properly when it's been plastered. That is the least of my worries at the moment. Can you explain more on the parapet please? I know I am going to do the wood work and then on to the roofing with aluminium roofing sheets. Thanks again for your input.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by FastShipping: 5:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
bplenty:
@KolaShanOneThe holes in the house don't mean a thing. From finding it will be filled properly when it's been plastered. That is the least of my worries at the moment. Can you explain more on the parapet please? I know I am going to do the wood work and then on to the roofing with aluminium roofing sheets. Thanks again for your input.

You can't do parapet without having at least 10-15 pillars to support and hold the parapet up. You either find way to have pillar support added to the building or forget about using parapet.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 6:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
FastShipping:

You can do parapet without having at least 10-15 pillars to support and hold the parapet up.
You either find way to have pillar support added to the building or forget about using parapet.

You think it's advisable to use parapet without pillars... Your first bolded sentence.
May be typo and you meant "You can't do parapet without having at least 10-15 pillars to support and hold the parapet".

Hajji M.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2015
Awesome project and great criticism by the people . . . Hope we will get to know the cost effect as well?
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by FastShipping: 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
mufutau55:

You think it's advisable to use parapet without pillars... Your first bolded sentence.
May be typo and you meant "You can't do parapet without having at least 10-15 pillars to support and hold the parapet".

Hajji M.

Can't

You should see in my writing I meant to type "can't". grin grin

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 9:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
FastShipping:

Can't
You should see in my writing I meant to type "can't". grin grin

Of course, I know you know better than that...smiley hence my second line about the "typo".

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
Thanks everyone for your comments and criticism. I'm suprised as to how builders at my base in OZ build houses without the aforementioned pillars. I have driven past heaps of up coming suburbs where most houses are built with planks and still goes to have stonedcoated roofings without lintels. The front layers are then covered up with bricks at such. These houses last more than 50 years or even more.

My opinion is alot has been invested into this project. Opinion on how I can add reinforcement to strong pillars will be highly appreciated. What can be done to have a better home in future?

Thanks everyone.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
bplenty:
Thanks everyone for your comments and criticism. I'm suprised as to how builders at my base in OZ build houses without the aforementioned pillars. I have driven past heaps of up coming suburbs where most houses are built with planks and still goes to have stonedcoated roofings without lintels. The front layers are then covered up with bricks at such. These houses last more than 50 years or even more.

My opinion is alot has been invested into this project. Opinion on how I can add reinforcement to strong pillars will be highly appreciated. What can be done to have a better home in future?

Thanks everyone.

Pillars reinforces your house... it does not mean you must have it on a bungalow, but if you have it it's better.
What people are telling you is that do not attempt to put a parapet without pillars as in your case.
Pillars are built into foundation, so I will not advise you to start tearing up that house to incorporate pillars in them.
Your house will last you for many years even without pillars... but's better if implemented in your foundation.
My unqualified opinion.

Hajji M.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
bplenty:

Thanks everyone.

Wood is superior to concrete in some instance.

Those houses you saw do indeed have pillars, wood pillars.

There's nothing wrong with a well designed wooden house as you've seen.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 11:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
Thanks again guys, I sincerely do appreciate your inputs. Per the roofing! Whats the ideal way to go on abouting roofing since most of you reckon I cant have a parapet because of the missing pillars.

Ideas and suggestions will be adequately received/worked on.

Thanks guys, God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 12:47am On Aug 27, 2015
bplenty:
Thanks again guys, I sincerely do appreciate your inputs.
Per the roofing! Whats the ideal way to go on abouting roofing since most of you reckon I cant have a parapet because of the missing pillars.
Ideas and suggestions will be adequately received/worked on.
Thanks guys, God bless us all.

What kind of roofing are you contemplating...? Long span Aluminium roofing will be cheaper.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 1:48am On Aug 27, 2015
@mufutau55

I am planning on using long span aluminum roofing. Do you have an idea on its costs and wood work?

Cheers
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 2:43am On Aug 27, 2015
bplenty:
@mufutau55
I am planning on using long span aluminum roofing. Do you have an idea on its costs and wood work?
Cheers

Look for HsLBroker thread and give him your measurements, he will surely give you an estimated quotes.

Hajji M.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by smiley001(m): 11:36am On Aug 27, 2015
mufutau55:

Look for HsLBroker thread and give him your measurements, he will surely give you an estimated quotes.

Hajji M.

Seconded.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) / The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.