Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

My 4 Bedroom Project - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My 4 Bedroom Project (86221 Views)

My 4 Bedroom Under Construction. / 3 Bedroom Project At Shimawa, Expert Needed. / Urgent Enquiry On A 3 Bedroom Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 1:01am On Aug 28, 2015
Thanks guys, I shall contact him as recommended.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by KolaShangOne(m): 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
bplenty:
Thanks again guys, I sincerely do appreciate your inputs. Per the roofing! Whats the ideal way to go on abouting roofing since most of you reckon I cant have a parapet because of the missing pillars.

Ideas and suggestions will be adequately received/worked on.

Thanks guys, God bless us all.

You can still do parapets..it will just cost you so much more..
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 12:07am On Aug 29, 2015
@kolashangone

Thnx for your reply, how do I go about doing a parapet? Kindly break it down please.

Cheers
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by KolaShangOne(m): 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2015
bplenty:
@kolashangone

Thnx for your reply, how do I go about doing a parapet? Kindly break it down please.

Cheers

It's a quite tedious process. You have to break blocks right down to the foundation at some points. Then we make columns at those points. Don't worry about weakening your blocks because after the columns are done, your walls have becoming partitioning walls..
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 7:47am On Aug 30, 2015
@kolashangone

Thats rather a long long process that will eat up more funds that wasnt planned for. It's all good. Will let you know whatever I decided to do before its roofed. Thanks again. Cheers

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
bplenty:
Thats rather a long long process that will eat up more funds that wasnt planned for. It's all good. Will let you know whatever I decided to do before its roofed. Thanks again. Cheers

Exactly what we were trying to explain to you.... that at this stage of the project it will be too expensive to implement columns (pillars). It is not compulsory to have a parapet on a house, just get good roofing guys to make a nice side claddings either with wood or aluminium for you. Finish.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by abouzaid: 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
mufutau55:

Exactly what we were trying to explain to you.... that at this stage of the project it will be too expensive to implement columns (pillars). It is not compulsory to have a parapet on a house, just get good roofing guys to make a nice side claddings either with wood or aluminium for you. Finish.

Hajji M.
aluminum is the best, i actually prefer it to the heavy parapet walls and it should have over hangs of atleast two feet to help shield the sides of the house from the sun. it's makes more financial and functional sense to me than all those concrete Fascias/parapet walls.

2 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
abouzaid:
aluminum is the best, i actually prefer it to the heavy parapet walls and it should have over hangs of atleast two feet to help shield the sides of the house from the sun. it's makes more financial and functional sense to me than all those concrete Fascias/parapet walls.

I agreed with you and also with at least 2ft over hangs... I did one of my project like this with Long Span Aluminium and it's real nice.

Hajji M.

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by KolaShangOne(m): 11:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
Take Hajj's advice. I actually prefer white cladding on the facials. It makes it look more beautiful.. Where's your project located?

2 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 2:55am On Aug 31, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Take Hajj's advice. I actually prefer white cladding on the facials. It makes it look more beautiful.. Where's your project located?

I agree with you on the white wooden cladding... The above project was a Men's Quarter (Twin 2-Bedroom Flats), so the aluminium was used.
The Main Building (a Duplex) will either have a Parapet or the wooden claddings...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 11:42am On Aug 31, 2015
Thanks very much guys. I do appreciate everyone's inputs. Project is at Ifo. Ogun state. @mufutau55 your roofings is excellent. I'd like to do same. Wouldn't be too much if I kindly ask the total breakdown of your roofing, woodwork plus labour cost please?

Thanks in advance. Per your advise I have resolved to using long span aluminum roofing sheets.

Thanks and God bless us all. Amen
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
bplenty:
Thanks very much guys. I do appreciate everyone's inputs. Project is at Ifo. Ogun state. @mufutau55 your roofings is excellent. I'd like to do same. Wouldn't be too much if I kindly ask the total breakdown of your roofing, woodwork plus labour cost please?
Thanks in advance. Per your advise I have resolved to using long span aluminum roofing sheets.
Thanks and God bless us all. Amen

It was done some years back.. but I think I can still locate the accounting sheet. Send me your email address.
That project is also at Sango-Ota by Ijako Tipper Garage along Lagos-Abeokuta Road, in Ogun State.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 10:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
@mufutsu55
Thanks again for your prompt reply, my email is vibrantjd@gmail.com thanks. Oh well Ogun state lands seems to be easier to purchase and could become another mega place to live like Lagos, Abuja and Calabar. No offense on the aforementioned tho
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 12:00am On Sep 01, 2015
bplenty:
@mufutau55
Thanks again for your prompt reply, my email is vibrantjd@gmail.com thanks. Oh well Ogun state lands seems to be easier to purchase and could become another mega place to live like Lagos, Abuja and Calabar. No offense on the aforementioned tho.

OK. I will dig out the papers and send it to you.
Yes, more reason I choose Ogun for it's serenity and away from all those Lagos jams.. and still stone throw away from Lagos area.
All the lands around Lagos-Abeokuta is almost sold out now... and now the third-party are entering the scene.

Hajji M.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by iamcapela: 2:16am On Sep 01, 2015
@mufutau55

Thanks again, I shall wait for the paper work. I choosed that location specifically for peace of mind. I was once swindled buying from Ikorodu lands, I was severly burnt. Now Ogun is the future. Free air and good road linkage to Lagos. Thanks again.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
@bplenty
Check your email for a spreadsheet attachment. Hope it helps. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 12:30am On Sep 02, 2015
@mufutau55

Thanks for the emal. I got it. I replied you with some queries to your email.

God bless.

Cheers
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 12:56am On Sep 02, 2015
bplenty:
@mufutau55
Thanks for the emal. I got it. I replied you with some queries to your email.
God bless.
Cheers

Just replied.

Hajji M.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 3:36am On Sep 05, 2015
More photos of the completed lintel stage thats ready for roofing. Soakaway is currently being dugout to fill the rooms. Photo credit goes to adeekiti.

Thanks again guys. God bless us all

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 3:55am On Sep 05, 2015
bplenty:
More photos of the completed lintel stage thats ready for roofing. Soakaway is currently being dugout to fill the rooms. Photo credit goes to Adeekiti.

Very nice. Let the roofing begins. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 05, 2015
mufutau55:

Very nice. Let the roofing begins. smiley

Hajji M.
yes sir

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 05, 2015
bplenty:
More photos of the completed lintel stage thats ready for roofing. Soakaway is currently being dugout to fill the rooms. Photo credit goes to adeekiti.

thanks and welcome bro
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 12:58am On Oct 07, 2015
So next stage of the house. Wood work has been completed. Soakaway completed. Sand filling to the rooms done. Bulglary done. God willing aluminium roofing sheets will follow suit soon.

To all the advises and those I worked with offline Nairaland I appreciate everyone. God bless us all. Amen.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 11:30am On Oct 07, 2015
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
Hi E-Family,

Here is more photos on the roofing of the project. thanks to everyone. God bless us all. amen

2 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by imoci(m): 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2015
nice job,pls how many trips of laterite did you use to fill the rooms.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by excaat(m): 8:49am On Oct 13, 2015
@bplenty, please where did you buy you long span roofing sheet from and at what cost.
congratulation.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by smiley001(m): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
Yeah turning into home...

God will complete it for u, Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2015
@Imoci,

Thanks for your input. All together total sand filing was 6 big tipper trips. Part of the soakaway that was dug out was used too.
@excat, my aunty bought the long span roofing sheet. it was sought from Tower aluminium company. The cost I shall give later as I have non of the paper work for the project yet.

@smiley001, thanks and a big resounding amen to that. God bless mate. Big cheers to everyone and their inputs.

God bless us all Amen.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by KolaShangOne(m): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2015
Oga Bplenty, you've scaled a major hurdle. In fact, you've completed your house. God will see you through.

3 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by nanajec(m): 8:16am On Oct 21, 2015
Boss I'm following you paaaa

Nice project... please can I see your full plan? I like the design a lot...
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 10:26am On Nov 11, 2015
@nanajec, the full plan is on the front page of the thread. Kindly do have a look. Sorry that I have just replied to your post. I have been away on holidays.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City Update (business District Included) / The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) / How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.