Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

My 4 Bedroom Project - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My 4 Bedroom Project (86511 Views)

My 4 Bedroom Under Construction. / 3 Bedroom Project At Shimawa, Expert Needed. / Urgent Enquiry On A 3 Bedroom Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 3:34am On Jun 02, 2016
More photos from @kolashangone per the window belts and the toilets.

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 3:35am On Jun 02, 2016
Electrical switches have also been fixed.

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by FastShipping: 3:38am On Jun 02, 2016
bplenty:
Electrical swifts have also been fixed.

I thought switches and sockets are installed after painting to avoid paint getting on them during painting.

2 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 3:47am On Jun 02, 2016
@fastshipping honestly I have no idea hows its ought to be done. Perhaps @kolashangeone can give us more insight. Cheers.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 3:51am On Jun 02, 2016
FastShipping:

I thought switches and sockets are installed after painting to avoid paint getting on them during painting.

I have seen many people do it this way too... but Yes, I agree with you I have always do the painting first before installing the fixtures so that painter can paint the whole wall...
Kola guys are doing nice work though.

@BPLenty
Welcome to my Grand-father's land o.

Hajji M.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 4:08am On Jun 02, 2016
@mufutau55 Indeed it is a great place to be at. I reckon the guys are doing well. But please guys if anything is not done the right way do tell so I can hold @kolashangeone real quick o. Thanks all
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by Siyanbola2013: 7:22am On Jun 02, 2016
@kolashangone no sir I am not his daughter my dad is late.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by Siyanbola2013: 7:31am On Jun 02, 2016
@kolashangone do you live in Ibadan sir cos I already have 2 units of 3 bedroom which I will like to roof in October or before then by God's grace grace and the electric fittings and plumbing as well.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 8:53am On Jun 02, 2016
@kolashangeone you have a mail.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by furnituresales: 9:23am On Jun 02, 2016
@bplenty Thanks for your consideration, we look forward to your patronage.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 9:36am On Jun 02, 2016
Sure we keep u in mind @furnituresales
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by twinskenny(m): 9:39am On Jun 02, 2016
FastShipping:

to be done before painting...they shouldn't remove the leather covering though...

After fixing they can block any holes around the socket area and no need to repaint afterwards
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by twinskenny(m): 9:40am On Jun 02, 2016
Siyanbola2013:
@kolashangone do you live in Ibadan sir cos I already have 2 units of 3 bedroom which I will like to roof in October or before then by God's grace grace and the electric fittings and plumbing as well.
hope you can consider us for electric fixing too...God bless
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 10:35am On Jun 02, 2016
@twinskenny could you kindly explain? How do they go about that?
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by allCopacetic: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2016
There's really no inherent benefit in installing sanitary ware and electrical accessories before tiling & painting.... As a matter of fact it puts you at a disadvantage, it limits your latitude for adjustments.

More power to your elbow OP,

2 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 11:21am On Jun 02, 2016
@allcopacetic, I spoke with @kolashangeone about this and he had something else to say that its better done this way. Now this is getting me all confused lol
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 02, 2016
bplenty:
@allcopacetic, I spoke with @kolashangeone about this and he had something else to say that its better done this way. Now this is getting me all confused lol

Tyoical conversation between me and my builder.

Me: oga, how come this x is being done this way?
Builder: Ha, base nse nibi niyen.
Me: okay, but we're going to do it this new way on this project
Builder: iyen ma nonyin lowo ju
Me: sebi moti se alaye fun e wipe ko mama soro nipa owo, iwo kan so oye ti mo ma fun esi

Do your research, decide how you want it done, tell Kola. He's a pro, he can adjust. The project is between you and him, use us as reference but not decision makers.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by bplenty(m): 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
@Egunmogaji has killee me with laugh o. Chai that Yoruba solid die. Well like you rightly have said. Its between @kolashangeone and I. I shall consult with him and see how well we can deliver this project without any issues. Thanks again I appreciate my oga.

2 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by allCopacetic: 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2016
well, he's your builder, i guess you should trust his judgement.
"It can be done this way".... and.. "it is better done this way" are two very different things. I only agree with the former.
bplenty:
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2016
allCopacetic:
There's really no inherent benefit in installing sanitary ware and electrical accessories before tiling & painting.... As a matter of fact it puts you at a disadvantage, it limits your latitude for adjustments.

Exactly my point. If you fix the toilets first; how is the tiler going to tile the back of water holder and the floor where the base is sitting?
Likewise, if you install the electrical fittings; how are you going to paint the area under the fittings?
Let's say you replace the fittings at a later time, the size may be different and the area not covered will show no paint.
I will never do both above on my project. This is for the convenience of the contractors/builders not for the Clients.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
mufutau55:

Exactly my point. If you fix the toilets first; how is tiler going to tile the back of water holder and the floor where the base is sitting?
If you indtall the electrical fittings; how are you going to paint the area under the fittings? Let's say yiu replace the fittings at a later time, the size may be different and the area not covered will show no paint.
I will never do both above on my project. This is for the convenience of the contractors/builders not for the Clients.

Hajji M.

I agree Sir.

The builder is going to complete the project and move on at some point.

The house will then be for me and my family to live in.

The builder is not always right. Case in point, #IkoroduSinkingHouse so clients needs to step up and have a voice on their projects.

Disclaimer: #IkoroduSinkingHouse was not built by the builder on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by allCopacetic: 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
You get my point exactly,
its definitely possible to tile the areas mentioned, but it becomes cumbersome, and u impose more restrictions.
Its like a choice between mopping a floor then bringing in furniture vs bringing in the furniture first, then moppin around it.
mufutau55:

Exactly my point. If you fix the toilets first; how is tiler going to tile the back of water holder and the floor where the base is sitting?
If you indtall the electrical fittings; how are you going to paint the area under the fittings? Let's say yiu replace the fittings at a later time, the size may be different and the area not covered will show no paint.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by Siyanbola2013: 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
@twinskenny May God keep us till then
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by KolaShangOne(m): 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
bplenty:
@mufutau55

My oga. I am humbled. Thanks for the prayers too. Amin edumare. @kolashangone has off course raised his game. When I'd lost hope with what the building started out like. He has done well.

I'm glad to have come in and restore hope to the building. I haven't had time to explain the challenges and how we dealt with them because of time frame.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Tyoical conversation between me and my builder.

Me: oga, how come this x is being done this way?
Builder: Ha, base nse nibi niyen.
Me: okay, but we're going to do it this new way on this project
Builder: iyen ma nonyin lowo ju
Me: sebi moti se alaye fun e wipe ko mama soro nipa owo, iwo kan so oye ti mo ma fun esi

Do your research, decide how you want it done, tell Kola. He's a pro, he can adjust. The project is between you and him, use us as reference but not decision makers.

I have gone thru this with many Baba Lati in my previous builds... when I tell them to do something they say that is not the way we do it here o.
And I tell them, it's my money if it's not good we do it your way but by the time they finished, they are praising me that they have learnt something new. We all just have to use common sense... but then that is not common either. Clients stick to what you want.. EgunMogaji will say "Stick to your Guns".

Hajji M.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by KolaShangOne(m): 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
twinskenny:
to be done before painting...they shouldn't remove the leather covering though...

After fixing they can block any holes around the socket area and no need to repaint afterwards

Thank you Oga twinskenny
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by mufutau55(m): 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
twinskenny:

I will never allow that be done in my project. So keep it mind when you work for me next time o.

1. Tiles first before installing toilets, basins, tubs, etc.
2. Paints first before installing lighting fixtures...

Others may prefer it the other way around but not I.

Note: I want to hear Oga Kola's explanations... I am always willing to learn.

Hajji M.
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by KolaShangOne(m): 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
allCopacetic:

I understand your point of view as the usual way of doing things.. But we all learn everyday.

There is an advantage.

Twinskenny has said that of the electrical. You can actually fill holes by the sides of your sockets and switches if you install them pre painting. If you fix after painting and there are those little holes, it will look tacky.

For plumbing, after doing your tiling, and you want to install toilet seat, your plumber will have to break the tiles to install, right? Because most glazed Tiles do not have the coarseness to bond with cement used to hold the seat in place.
Install your toilet seat on your German Floor and not even an earthquake will move it. grin

The water reservoir Can be removed n fixed in 1 sec.. We used galvanized pipe to hold it in place. The toilets are not going to be painted (Tiles all round) so there's no danger of paint staining the fittings.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by KolaShangOne(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
Siyanbola2013:
@kolashangone no sir I am not his daughter my dad is late.

Eiyah. Sorry about your loss Madam.. I have been at the club (late Dads club) for the past 11years.. Should I say Welcome to the club?
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by KolaShangOne(m): 3:21pm On Jun 02, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I agree Sir.

The builder is going to complete the project and move on at some point.

The house will then be for me and my family to live in.

The builder is not always right. Case in point, #IkoroduSinkingHouse so clients needs to step up and have a voice on their projects.

Please which house is sinking in Ikorodu? The qc1 build?
Re: My 4 Bedroom Project by KolaShangOne(m): 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
Siyanbola2013:

Yes I live in Ibadan..
My whatsapp number is +2347038935532. By God's grace, we will be the ones to handle your job. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / PROFESSIONAL TOUCH IN ALUMINIUM FABRICATION(windows,doors,rails)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.