Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,046 members, 7,814,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets (62117 Views)

Buhari Advertises For Sale Of 2 Presidential Jets As Crisis Hits Economy (Pics) / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / GEJ Still Flies Presidential Jets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by tit(f): 4:45am On Jun 19, 2015
Great!

buhari will start trekking now.
he should also sale all the cars he use to caused hold-up everyday in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Pangea: 4:48am On Jun 19, 2015
This is change right there!

4 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by tit(f): 4:48am On Jun 19, 2015
Pangea:
This is change right there!

where is Papa Mohammadu Buhari trekking to today?
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Chiefpriest1(m): 4:49am On Jun 19, 2015
Chisos! 12billa annually.

Multiply by 16,the number of years we 've had democracy and let's discuss where the Money will come from to fix lagos/ibadan express way, east/west road and the second niger bridge .

13 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by caprini1: 4:58am On Jun 19, 2015
M4gunners:
This a good development. I hope the money will be used for something important.
Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Franzeez(m): 5:02am On Jun 19, 2015
musaibnabdul:
As part of the federal government’s cost measures,
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed that
nine of the VIP transport aircraft under the
presidential fleet should be sold.
Industry sources informed THISDAY that the
presidential fleet, which are registered as Nigerian
Air Force aircraft, is one of the largest in Africa and
the third largest in Nigeria after Arik Air and
Aerocontractors.
According to an aviation source, who is aware of
the directive to sell the aircraft, the presidency has
a number of serviceable and unserviceable aircraft
that need to be disposed of in order to reduce the
amount spent by the federal government for
aircraft maintenance annually.
“Nine, which still have market value, are to be sold
immediately to reduce maintenance costs,” he
said.
For years, the federal government has spent over
N12 billion annually for the maintenance of the
presidential fleet. www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-orders-disposal-of-nine-presidential-aircraft-to-cut-cost/212433/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
why not make it commercial. Like Nigerian airways sobthat people can get jobs

2 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Pangea: 5:02am On Jun 19, 2015
tit:

where is Papa Mohammadu Buhari trekking to today?

He is trekking from his official car to his office grin

16 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by tucky200(m): 5:09am On Jun 19, 2015
Bugatie:

You and who's we?
U no go primary school? undecided

2 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Generalkorex(m): 5:10am On Jun 19, 2015
Nice one PMB

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by bashman004: 5:11am On Jun 19, 2015
LeStylo:

Jonathan bought 3 brand new planes in 2010 - 2 Falcons and 1 Gulfstream.

Obj bought 2 - 1 second hand from an Arabian prince which broke down after AU meeting in Uganda and another brand new bought after that scene.

May God bless you for that enlightening facts.. even if it was bought by Obj as peddled by sleekp1, the crux of the matter is that Gej had the privilege of selling it off but choose not to...

hero my mucus

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Zakkyoz: 5:12am On Jun 19, 2015
where is barcanista and his apostles? come and spew thrash as usual.

God bless PMB in Jesus' name

27 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by ikaboy: 5:14am On Jun 19, 2015
May almighty God forgive all those who worked against the ascendance of PMB and the unrepentant TANOIDS who have refused to embrace reality.

THANK U LORD FOR REMEMBERING THIS NATION BY SENDING YOUR CHOSEN ONE AT THIS MOMENT TO SALVAGE THIS NATION.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by ikaboy: 5:15am On Jun 19, 2015
Zakkyoz:
where is barcanista and his apostles?
come and spew thrash as usual.

God bless PMB in Jesus' name

He dares not.

9 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by quadness(m): 5:17am On Jun 19, 2015
Yeah, good idea.
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by kuuljay(m): 5:19am On Jun 19, 2015
any one who is not happy with such news belong to league of witches and wizards of Naija...read their comments like...obj bought it...he should sell the cars too... he should be trekking...and more to come angry angry angry

30 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by onatisi(m): 5:22am On Jun 19, 2015
“Industry sources informed”, femi adeshina and garba shehu seems to be looking for every means to make ppl believe babaonechance is working but we know better grin . I am expecting a denial of this news in the 3 months when all those jets are still there, The same way they claimed the american govt has granted nigeria 5billion dollars to fight boko haram grin

3 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by funlord(m): 5:24am On Jun 19, 2015
grin
Abeg make the money no enter voice mail oh? We sabi naija way! Before buhari go start 2 dey shout "kai mallam, wa ye magana kudin jet?"
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by onatisi(m): 5:30am On Jun 19, 2015
Franzeez:
why not make it commercial. Like Nigerian airways sobthat people can get jobs
this news is fake, if there is going a sale of the presidential jets ,the order has to pass through the relevant ministry or parastatals, which organisation does this so called “industry sources” belongs to? This piece of news lacks any credible sensible credibility to any sensible individual. Government bureaucracy is more than just an invincible source been quoted .

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by ogazi007(m): 5:30am On Jun 19, 2015
A man of few words plenty actions.His name alone has gradually chasing corruption out of our system.I do not have any regret voting for him and I will vote for him again except he does not want to contest.God bless PMB,God bless Nigeria!

12 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by bashman004: 5:30am On Jun 19, 2015
kuuljay:
any one who is not happy with such news belong to league of witches and wizards of Naija...read their comments like...obj bought it...he should sell the cars too... he should be trekking...and more to come angry angry angry

exactly my thoughts too...
as in they even belong to the class of " born to despise"..
that they couldn't accept this move as a nice gesture is not the problem, what amazes me is their decision to show their gullibility...
buncg of mofos

11 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by bashman004: 5:31am On Jun 19, 2015
kuuljay:

exactly my thoughts too...
as in they even belong to the class of " born to despise"..
that they couldn't accept this move as a nice gesture is not the problem, what amazes me is their decision to show their gullibility...
bunchof mofos
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by menix(m): 5:31am On Jun 19, 2015
I hope d after sale cash will b utilized nd not going into some silly Lords pocket..

Cous in my country 9ja, Nofin is transparent even common "Pride price".
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by AdeniyiA(m): 5:31am On Jun 19, 2015
A shoeless one who saw money and became prodigal ...undecided was he trying to recover all he lost during the times of shoelessness
undecided

13 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by conyema12(m): 5:33am On Jun 19, 2015
Good move Mr President.

2 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Burger01(m): 5:33am On Jun 19, 2015
xreal:
GEJ really 'wasted' our money.
GEJ wasted our money, wasted our economy, wasted lives, wasted resources....and frigging wasted yearsangry

But, in God I trust for Buhari. The best is on the way for Nigeria.

God bless PMB

It's well with Nigeria.smiley

12 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by dustmalik: 5:33am On Jun 19, 2015
I have said it before and I'll say it again, Nigeria shall be better under Buhari's rule. Those who want to hate and not support him, good luck in your quest. You will surely be disappointed.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by owobokiri(m): 5:34am On Jun 19, 2015
sleekp1:
Most of these planes were bought by Obj not Jonathan.

They know. . It just happens that OBJ is supposed to be a 'change' agent. Jonahan should carry the can instead. .
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 19, 2015
The report says "to be sold". Wake me up when it is sold and tell me specifics of names of the ones sold, how many were sold and how much was realized/saved. And this information should come from the govt directly and not from "industry sources". Only then will I applaud the govt. These informations were made public when govt bought the aircraft so there's nothing secret about them. For now, this report is just another image laundering propaganda

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by 9ijaprince(m): 5:34am On Jun 19, 2015
onatisi:
“Industry sources informed” femi adeshina and garba shehu seems to be looking for every means to make ppl believe babaonechance is working but we know better grin . I am expecting a denial of this news in the 3 months when all those jets are still there, The same way they claimed the american govt has granted nigeria 5billion dollars to fight boko haram grin

I think you are making sence. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by refreshrate: 5:38am On Jun 19, 2015
onatisi:
“Industry sources informed” femi adeshina and garba shehu seems to be looking for every means to make ppl believe babaonechance is working but we know better grin . I am expecting a denial of this news in the 3 months when all those jets are still there, The same way they claimed the american govt has granted nigeria 5billion dollars to fight boko haram grin

...or make Naira equivalent to US Dollar

...or solve the issue of falling price of crude

...i wonder when the free meal per day would begin (who go cook am sef- hope it will be sweet? How dwm go do am? Is it like buffet or you are given a menu?...too many questions follow dat one)

...5k for poor people

How P-square begin dat song again? Uncle i want you to tell us a story
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Genius100: 5:38am On Jun 19, 2015
Thank God for Buhari... GEJ actually budgeted to buy another air craft in 2015. Thank God we sent his corrupt ass back to Otuoke

8 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 19, 2015
Another cheap media facelift.

He heard of Akwa Ibom governor's directive to sell the state private jet and he brought the idea of selling already old presidential planes.

Tell me, did Obj not change the presidential jets when he took over power likewise Gej. So it's not a news for a new president to change his fleet.

Why not sell that his benz and get a 404 Peugeot. Austerity measure my foot. undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Video: Saraki Asking Kwarans To Vote Buhari / Yahaya Bello Bows Out In Style; See Photos Of Kogi Under Bello / Man Paraded By DSS After 15 Loaded AK-47 Rifles Were Found In His Car. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.