Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets (62122 Views)

Buhari Advertises For Sale Of 2 Presidential Jets As Crisis Hits Economy (Pics) / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / GEJ Still Flies Presidential Jets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by bigwallace(m): 7:14am On Jun 19, 2015
Good measure by the general,pls nairalanders join me in celeberating my birthday,yaga,happy birthday to me

2 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Mondayok: 7:16am On Jun 19, 2015
Please i need one hw can I get it.
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by sucess001(m): 7:16am On Jun 19, 2015
hardbody:

First foool no be fool, second fool na proper fool. Selling off the aircrafts make sense but paying senators billions to change their wardrobe as has always been the case does not stand daura man apart as a game changer.

PMB doesn't pay legislators...legislators determine their own budget...go find out

3 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Vodkka(m): 7:16am On Jun 19, 2015
Unbiased mind like mine knows when right is done.......
Carry go..... Good move..... From Mr. Dogo yaro
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by superstar1(m): 7:17am On Jun 19, 2015
This is a great and highly commendable move.

I wish they can be converted to Commercial aircrafts. If possible, used to jump start our national carrier.

There is a great difference "the Sage of Daura" and "the Drunken Master of Otuoke".

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by calmbabadee(m): 7:18am On Jun 19, 2015
segxes23:
Imagine o! 9 jets when the presidency is nt running an airline. PMB list it on OLX,m sure some of the clueless new governors will be interested.

Yes bro! WIKE WILL SURELY BE INTERESTED!
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by stanbuggy(m): 7:18am On Jun 19, 2015
sleekp1:
Most of these planes were bought by Obj not Jonathan.
whatever! And he couldn't sell them off? WTF is FG doing with 9 fleet of planes.
Pump that 12 Billion into whatever sector of the economy and you'll see some improvement.
The US has just 3 planes for the president and majorly just the Air force one while the other 2 supplements.

Thinking out loud
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by CecyAdrian(f): 7:19am On Jun 19, 2015
businessMODE:
were the 9 + bought under GEJ
Did your GEJ not see that they were just consuming money?? Or was he not d one that wanted to buy another aircraft or he bought sef undecided
No provoke me ooo

4 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by OMO4NANS001(m): 7:19am On Jun 19, 2015
Nice Move!!!!!!!!!
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Johnnoo(m): 7:20am On Jun 19, 2015
Jeeeeezzzzz!!!! The atrocities of GEJ are still being laid to bare as the day goes by undecided
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by tiger28: 7:20am On Jun 19, 2015
Anyone who doesn't want to embrace this change in Nigeria is a loser for life!!

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Orikinla(m): 7:21am On Jun 19, 2015
musaibnabdul:
As part of the federal government’s cost measures,
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed that
nine of the VIP transport aircraft under the
presidential fleet should be sold.
Industry sources informed THISDAY that the
presidential fleet, which are registered as Nigerian
Air Force aircraft, is one of the largest in Africa and
the third largest in Nigeria after Arik Air and
Aerocontractors.
According to an aviation source, who is aware of
the directive to sell the aircraft, the presidency has
a number of serviceable and unserviceable aircraft
that need to be disposed of in order to reduce the
amount spent by the federal government for
aircraft maintenance annually.
“Nine, which still have market value, are to be sold
immediately to reduce maintenance costs,” he
said.
For years, the federal government has spent over
N12 billion annually for the maintenance of the
presidential fleet. www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-orders-disposal-of-nine-presidential-aircraft-to-cut-cost/212433/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
. And some id-iots say GEJ deserves an award? For what? For being corrupt and stupid? Only a corrupt and stupid head of state will waste billions of naira on having a presidential fleet when he should have spent that money on addressing humanitarian emergencies even in his own home state of Bayelsa.
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by DTaj: 7:21am On Jun 19, 2015
agarawu23:
And you still call this man a dullard?
I wonder what the federal government will be doing with 9 jet. 12billion naira isn't a small cash! Gej never thought of reducing the jet, he was only raising idea on how to increase the jet.

now tell me WHO IS THE DULLARD

Well said, Agarawu. You won't see comments from Jonathan supporters, the TANoids, PDP pigs now o!

Under Jonathan, we were buying new presidential jets almost every year! Imagine a whopping N12 billion spent every year for maintaining the aircrafts!

Under Jonathan, Nigeria was one big bazaar! It was free-for-all stealing.

A member of the Buhari Transition Committee stated that what he now knows and saw during the Committee's assignment made his views about the rot under Jonathan raised to the power of 100! He stated that Jonathan left Naija to ruins. Ministers and heads of departments and agencies were just stealing like no man's business!!! Contracts were inflated, in some cases, 10 times the going rate! God help Nigeria!

Buhari is not a wasteful clown like Jonathan. He has started showing us that he will cut cost by this profound move....He will do much more.

God bless our President- the man who knows and believes that stealing is corruption; the man who corrupt people tremble upon hearing his name alone; a man whose philosophy is live and let live; a man who God has refused to be tainted by daft insinuations from detractors.

Nigeria shall rise again and claim its true position among great nations! Amen!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by onatisi(m): 7:21am On Jun 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Lier, it's the media that said that the MNJTF was given $5 billion.
post ur mediocre yeye media link about the united states aid of 5billion us dollars. No be 5billion na 50billion ,because na u dey feed america abi??

2 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by lastpage: 7:21am On Jun 19, 2015
agarawu23:
I wonder what the federal government will be doing with 9 jet. 12billion naira isn't a small cash! Gej never thought of reducing the jet, he was only raising idea on how to increase the jet.

Now we are beginning to see the difference between that clueless Otuoke clown Jonathan, whose Petroleum Minister by name Dezianni Allisson Madueke, even had the temerity to buy a private Jet while serving as a Minister.... and a down-to-earth Daura cattle rearer who knows that you dont need 25 Aircrafts that you cant even maintain, to run a country.

#Sai Babaa, l dey gbadun you like Red Wine!

But please, dont forget those looters, nothing will sweet Nigerians pass to see them in Prison ASAP.
The SaTANoids and Flattys can go hug a wet Transformer if they dont like it

Lastpage!

5 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by sammyj: 7:22am On Jun 19, 2015
12 and not 9 jets! !! cheesy
agarawu23:

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by missionmex(m): 7:22am On Jun 19, 2015
Sell it!!
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by GoldHorse(m): 7:22am On Jun 19, 2015
Bugatie:

Just leave GEJ out of your misery!

Can't we for once reason reasonably! 12 billion to maintain some unneeded aircrafts?!!! DOES THAT SEEM RIGHT TO YOU? These are people that can easily afford first class tickets and are even paid many allowances and estacodes for foreign trips but still want to fly free using the many presidential jets! You and I are the ones being put in mystery yet people like you refuse to say the truth. At times it's better to just keep quiet if you can't "talk" true.

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 19, 2015
This is a welcomed development, worthy of commendation and praise.

This is a brilliant idea.

It's a show of waste for us to be spending so much on projects that have NO direct and measurable positive impacts on the people.

This is really commendable. And I call on all to commend this frugal action allegedly taken by PMB!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by MizMyColi(f): 7:24am On Jun 19, 2015
I am with him on this one.
Anything to save cost.

Let's hope that the proceeds realized are channelled to proper use.

Just for education purpose...
Did GEJ buy the 9 jets?
If yes, that was really wasteful.
A very wasteful expenditure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by anonimi: 7:24am On Jun 19, 2015
Vodkka:
Unbiased mind like mine knows when right is [size=14pt]done......[/size].

Carry go.....
Good move..... From Mr. Dogo yaro

Please WHAT exactly has been done?

- How many aircrafts have been SOLD?

- For how much?

- What was the proceeds used for?

- How has Buhari been travelling SINCE the selling of the jets was DONE

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by kakakiEledumare: 7:25am On Jun 19, 2015
Better
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by bamideleolushol(m): 7:25am On Jun 19, 2015
His mind need to be reset
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by niceguy7(m): 7:26am On Jun 19, 2015
Great move.....sai baba!!!
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 19, 2015
Now buhari wants to sell 9 private jets n leave one for himself. So wen our vice presidents want to travel, he will use Arik or the renamed Dana Airline abi

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Osama10(m): 7:26am On Jun 19, 2015
Very good.
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by DTaj: 7:26am On Jun 19, 2015
Johnnoo:
Jeeeeezzzzz!!!! The atrocities of GEJ are still being laid to bare as the day goes by undecided

John, my brother, we have not seen or heard anything yet. Let the Ministers resume. When Nigerians start to know some of the things some of us know (with all modesty), someo hard-liners might even suggest that Jonathan be shot! It was that BAAAAD under Jonathan. Almost everyone (Ministers, heads of agencies, ex-militants, cronies, etc) took full advantage of his stupidly gentle nature and inexplicable meekness to steal the country blind!

People on Nairaland, please mark my comments on this thread. When instances of such salacious, deep-seated corruption under Jonathan are revealed, please remember I told you so on NR! These are verified, confirmed, bare-faced, huge stealing on a monumental scale o! Proven and verified. Nigerians will be so shocked!

God bless our country and our dear President as he genuinely seeks to transform our country positively!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by anonimi: 7:27am On Jun 19, 2015
MizMyColi:
I am with him on this one.
Anything to save cost.

Let's hope that the proceeds realized are channelled to proper use.

Just for eduction purpose...
Did GEJ buy the 9 jets?
If yes, that was really wasteful.
A very wasteful expenditure.

Jonathan could not have bought the 9.

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 19, 2015
Good move,but I like to see him starting by cutting senators,governors and his wages by 70%.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by tiger28: 7:27am On Jun 19, 2015
tit:
Great!

buhari will start trekking now.
he should also sale all the cars he use to caused hold-up everyday in Abuja.
from your write-up, you are an illiterate.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Paraded By DSS After 15 Loaded AK-47 Rifles Were Found In His Car. Photos / Yahaya Bello Bows Out In Style; See Photos Of Kogi Under Bello / Meet The Female Dj That Performed At Buhari's Inauguration Gala Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.