Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets (62257 Views)

Buhari Advertises For Sale Of 2 Presidential Jets As Crisis Hits Economy (Pics) / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / GEJ Still Flies Presidential Jets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 19, 2015
A good one by the president

Obj should be questioned
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by pafpatmo(m): 8:38am On Jun 19, 2015
Empty wagons make loudest noise. cool
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by phemmyutd(m): 8:38am On Jun 19, 2015
no be small matter

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by ibrokola(m): 8:39am On Jun 19, 2015
kenedy175:
Nice Move. So the FG could do without 9 Jets all this while? I wonder how many jets they have in there Fleet! And the poor man keeps Suffering.
They have serviceable and unserviceable aircraft in the fleet.
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 19, 2015
egbaguy:
guilty conscience.....are u a tanoid?

Guilty over what? This thread is about a very decent decision taken by PMB! Let's face it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:40am On Jun 19, 2015
onatisi:
[s][/s] try and Get more brains or die trying
Haven't you disgraced yourself enough?
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by anataala: 8:41am On Jun 19, 2015
support your claim with evidence then i will probe you wrong
sleekp1:
Most of these planes were bought by Obj not Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Nice365: 8:41am On Jun 19, 2015
That's a very big leakage, well blocked. Thanks Baba, we are seeing a very tactful way in your fight of corruption. 72 yrs na small, you will rule this country to the age of 80 yrs +.

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by kaboninc(m): 8:41am On Jun 19, 2015
AskProf:

Go get your facts first... But, assuming he didn't buy them, why didn't he use his sense?

http://saharareporters.com/2010/08/11/jonathan-buy-three-new-presidential-jets

https://www.nairaland.com/495811/jonathan-buys-n23b-jets

Maybe you should revisit that sensational news report.

The FEC approved the purchase of those jets in August of 2010. That was Yaradua's administration and so with the budget. These jets were first conceived in 2009 - 2010. Then for the 2015 budget, there was another request for a jet. However, one thing you must know is that requests for jets and subsequent deliveries takes years because these are not off the shelve products.

Then again, one of those jets was grounded due to safety reason and another had to be replaced. So GEJ wasn't trying to 'increase' his fleet as you all will insinuate.

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by SergeAlain: 8:42am On Jun 19, 2015
Good decision.

However, leave the Champagne on ice till they are actually sold and proceeds realized.

Something tells me these aircraft are in bad shape and may not fetch anywhere near that amount.

Hope i am wrong.

2 Likes

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by beyoncausme: 8:42am On Jun 19, 2015
nicely done....
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by persius555(m): 8:42am On Jun 19, 2015
All of a sudden those fools that are always quick to label PMB a dullard have disappeared.

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Gbemilove2004: 8:43am On Jun 19, 2015
musaibnabdul:
As part of the federal government’s cost measures,
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed that
nine of the VIP transport aircraft under the
presidential fleet should be sold.
Industry sources informed THISDAY that the
presidential fleet, which are registered as Nigerian
Air Force aircraft, is one of the largest in Africa and
the third largest in Nigeria after Arik Air and
Aerocontractors.
According to an aviation source, who is aware of
the directive to sell the aircraft, the presidency has
a number of serviceable and unserviceable aircraft
that need to be disposed of in order to reduce the
amount spent by the federal government for
aircraft maintenance annually.
“Nine, which still have market value, are to be sold
immediately to reduce maintenance costs,” he
said.
For years, the federal government has spent over
N12 billion annually for the maintenance of the
presidential fleet. www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-orders-disposal-of-nine-presidential-aircraft-to-cut-cost/212433/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by donholy28(m): 8:44am On Jun 19, 2015
driand:
what a wasted 3 minutes has caused this country cry who's your papa angry
na una say GEJ sell oil for billions den submit million na so una go talk dix jet issue later
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Cooladex(m): 8:44am On Jun 19, 2015
kenedy175:
Nice Move. So the FG could do without 9 Jets all this while? I wonder how many jets they have in there Fleet! And the poor man keeps Suffering.

They have 16.

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by segxes23(m): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2015
calmbabadee:

Yes bro! WIKE WILL SURELY BE INTERESTED!
I no dey there o,if oga wike bring machine gun come meet u 4 house,OYO is thy case!
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by giles14(m): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2015
Eneze1:

To achieve all you stated above, where will he get the funds from? It's high time Nigerians know that this country is broke.
my sister d money is available but so many demons in d govt wouldn't release it.d issue of spending 100billion every month to pay unemployed graduate n pple if properly invested would make 20million Nigerian will more happy
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by onatisi(m): 8:47am On Jun 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Haven't you disgraced yourself enough?
u can't even strike out a post correctly!!!! U are even duller than the man we are complaining about. Jezzzzz
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by AskProf: 8:47am On Jun 19, 2015
kaboninc:

Maybe you should revisit that sensational news report.

The FEC approved the purchase of those jets because they were discussions about it. These jets were first conceived in 2009 - 2010. Then for the 2015 budget, there was another request for a jet. However, one thing you must know is that requests for jets and subsequent deliveries takes years because these are not off the shelve products.

Then again, one of those jets was grounded due to safety reason and another had to be replaced. So GEJ wasn't trying to 'increase' his fleet as you all will insinuate.

Did he attempt to reduce it?

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by anonimi: 8:48am On Jun 19, 2015
buchichukwu69:
What did Jonathan do about them? Apart from buying more.

Whwt did APC legisLOOTERS do about them
Apart from approving to buy more?
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by yetunsbay(m): 8:48am On Jun 19, 2015
sleekp1:
u mst b there?
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 19, 2015
ogazi007:
A man of few words plenty actions.His name alone has gradually chasing corruption out of our system.I do not have any regret voting for him and I will vote for him again except he does not want to contest.God bless PMB,God bless Nigeria!

My dear, even if we (nairalanders) don't vote for him, I bet u dat d northern votes he'll get will be enormous. God bless PMB

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by kaboninc(m): 8:50am On Jun 19, 2015
AskProf:

Did he attempt to reduce?

Do you mind revisiting the reply I gave you?

For all we know, we do not know how many are in good working condition. If an aircraft is not in use, why spend money to service it?

Most of those jets are not in good use. Most importantly, the information about these jets are classified.

*There are 11 jets (with one on the way) in the presidential fleet. Buhari selling 9 of them, that's if this news is anything to go by, means he is ready to buy more as about 3 of these jets are very new* My opinion.

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 19, 2015
anonimi:

Whwt did APC legisLOOTERS do about them
Apart from approving to buy more?

U're indirectly mocking GEJ and equating him to a Legislator not CIC.
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by idu1(m): 8:53am On Jun 19, 2015
Franzeez:
why not make it commercial. Like Nigerian airways sobthat people can get jobs
ok you are right too...
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by giles14(m): 8:53am On Jun 19, 2015
Kolade354:
Nah boy, It must be from ur useless father, I know a failure when i see one, dat y i decided to pitch my tent in Buhari camp.........I supported the clueless in 2011 and he fvked up and I have to support Baba Buhari.................You Children of Hate and Anger shld fvk off...........Too daft for my liking
he who move from one house to another is a LovePeddler.useless son of a LovePeddler.Gej is not a failure he tried his best.so let ur dullard leader concentrate on key issues not galavanting about.
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by shurlermoz(m): 8:54am On Jun 19, 2015
sleekp1:

So we should have waited for OBJ to come and dispose them?!

Gej should have simply disposed them, we have 11 and Gej was planning on buying another one.
What about the 12billion annual cost of maintainance?!
Gej no do well for that side abeg.

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by shurlermoz(m): 8:56am On Jun 19, 2015
idu1:
ok you are right too...
@franzeez
They are presidential jets, not commercial (Beoing) airplane.
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by jiggalo(m): 8:56am On Jun 19, 2015
Although information on the exact size of the fleet is treated as classified information, the fleet, according to aviation sources, is believed to comprise about 16 aircraft, chief of which is the Boeing 738 BBJ, NAF 001 or Eagle One, used by the president for his travels.
With its luxury configuration comprising a master bedroom, washrooms and showers, a conference and dinning area, and a living area, the plane seats 25 to 50 passengers and would cost at least $100 million to replace today.
Eagle One can spend 12 hours in the air, covering 11,489 kilomtres or 6,200 nautical miles.
In addition to the Boeing 733 reserved for the president, the fleet boasts two Gulfstream 550 jets. The Gulfstream 550 can seat eight to 18 passengers, depending on the configuration, and has a cruiser range of 12,501 kilometres or 6,750 nautical miles. A new luxury Gulfstream 550 would cost an estimated $53.5 million.
According to Wikipedia, other planes in the Nigerian Air Force VIP transport fleet include two Dassault Falcon 7X jets, one Hawker Siddeley 125-800 and one Cessna 550 Citation II.
Information from a Nigerian web portal and Nigerian Air Force sources further revealed that the fleet also boasts two Dassault Falcon 900 jets, a Gulfstream IVSP, a Gulfstream V, a Dornier Do 228, which can carry 19 passengers, one Beechcraft King Air B200, and three AugustaWestland AW139 helicopters.
Sources said each of the two Dassault Falcon 7X jets were purchased for $51.1 million in 2010 while the Gulfstream 550 cost $53.3 million.
Aviation experts also put the average price of the Falcon 900 at $35 million; Gulfstream IVSP at $40 million; Gulfstream V at $45 million; Cessna Citation at $7 million; and the Hawker Siddeley at $15 million.
THISDAY also discovered that though all the aircraft are under the presidential fleet, about eight of the planes are reserved strictly for the president.
These are the Boeing 737, the two Gulfstream 550 jets, the Gulfstream V jet, two Falcon 7X planes, the Hawker Siddeley aircraft and one AugustaWestland chopper.
Others are reserved for executive airlift. Aircraft used for this function include the two Falcon 900 planes, the Dornier, the Cessna Citation, the Beechracft King Air, and two AugustaWestland choppers.
Aircraft reserved for executive airlift are used by the Vice-President, Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and could be used to convey African heads of states visiting or departing Nigeria

1 Like

Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by alase2010: 8:57am On Jun 19, 2015
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by anonimi: 8:57am On Jun 19, 2015
amunkita03:

U're indirectly mocking GEJ and equating him to a Legislator not CIC.

Do you understand how government works in a democracy and the separation of powers among the three arms- judiciary, legislature and executive as part of a robust system of CHECKS & BALANCES

Abi what do you think is the work/ role of our overpaid legisLOOTERS?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2529977_nass_jpeg20217b4f045ab12789674b258da46f96

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2525077_nationalassebly_jpeg71d66f931a1a7ec6df0b899a793ef6b6
Re: PMB Orders Disposal Of Nine Presidential Jets by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 19, 2015
persius555:
All of a sudden those fools that are always quick to label PMB a dullard have disappeared.

GEJ messed up. There are so many lil good things to b done as a leader but he failed to do them. PMB will shine by doing jus d very lil dat nigerians crave for. Governance is not difficult in this part of d world unless u are very greedy n wicked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

On Atiku Abubakar's Fresh Posters In FCT (Photos) / How Adeboye And Tinubu's Secret Meeting At Redemption Camp Was Leaked / 2019:atiku And Peter Obi Visit Obi Of Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.