Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. (64844 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja / Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Breaking News!!! 2 Dead As Rivers Indigenes And Pro Biafra Igbos Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
fr3do:

cheesy
You have already drawn out a map for us.
I thought Biafra was a mirage.
No not at all ,it makes some of you feel good to think you are being forced to stay but the reality is different we cannot wait to see your back. We just have to follow "due process" but the map is already drawn be assured
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by ahaika23: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
No not at all ,it makes some of you feel good to think you are being forced to stay but the reality is different we cannot wait to see your back. We just have to follow "due process" but the map is already drawn be assured
I'm for BIAFRA! Rivers and a greater percent of its populace choose BIAFRA!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by ahaika23: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
op, no body said anything about a violent secession so as far as I'm concerned your write-up is unnecessary!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
ahaika23:
I'm for BIAFRA! Rivers and a greater percent of its populace choose BIAFRA!
Does not matter what you want. What matters is what Nigeria will permit.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by ahaika23: 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
Does not matter what you want. What matters is what Nigeria will permit.
We're not slaves like a section, we hold our future in our hands so BE VERY AFRAID! What's happening to Osun is bliss compared to what will befall your nigeria when we're long gone so you need to be VERY VERY AFRAID!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 3:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
ahaika23:
We're not slaves like a section, we hold our future in our hands so BE VERY AFRAID! What's happening to Osun is bliss compared to what will befall your nigeria when we're long gone so you need to be VERY VERY AFRAID!
talk is what you are know for.When market set we go know who bring who come market
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by persius555(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
tensazangetsu:
lol how many igbo men have you met that are married to yoruba women or fulani women the few that do that are fools and don't know their history. The British never left nigeria they still control this country with neocolonialism and lastly in an igbo republic merit will reign over everything else no one cares if you are from asaba or aba.
How do the british control nigeria. How much investment or trade does nigeria have with britain. When was the last time the british military have a sting with our military Its countries like SA that still maintain strong economic ties with the british.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by ahaika23: 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
talk is what you are know for.When market set we go know who bring who come market
Ok! You got nothing more to say from your empty head about the topic and now you face me? I don't threaten anonymous, it would be a waste. If you wish to know what I can do to you, send me your address and photo!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
ahaika23:
Ok! You got nothing more to say from your empty head about the topic and now you face me? I don't threaten anonymous, it would be a waste. If you wish to know what I can do to you, send me your address and photo!
Is your father ok? You better go and treat his epilepsy before he falls in front of a truck

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by marv1: 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
chuna1985:

If u see no reason why igbos should get equal States like every other geopolitical zones in Nigeria, Then ur very unwell.
It still goes down with the fact that the region can get more from FG. Dont get me wrong if you want to get 200 states in ur region go ahead. But at least let the ones on ground be accountable and working. If some igbo govs who can not pay their salaries are not even fighting for more states but bailout and you mr nobody asking for more states are very very unwell.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by pdf90(m): 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
tensazangetsu:
A nation only grows faster when people with similar goals and culture inhabit it an igbo has nothing in common with a yoruba or hausa. The best thing for nigeria is to split it was a creation of the British and is not benefitting anyone.

Igbo people have different cultures ... its not just 1. They don't always agree , their goals aren't all similar apart from the money making madness syndrome we share .

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by sweetgala(m): 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
I'm listening to Radio Biafra right now, and even I must admit this Kanu fella is slick, so much hatred , deception and lies.

He also on live TV said "Niger delta , there is nothing like Niger delta ; Biafra land"

"There would be a time anybody that says they are Nigerian we kill the person, we need to show this people we are crazy"

"We must avenge , me must revenge we would pursue Buhari till the end of the world"

This guy is drumming up a serious war song , and all Nigerians should expect twitter to break down with pro Biafra messages come mid week

A message of pure hate
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by illiad1(m): 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
You still have to pay

Lol
Funny you!

Even with a billion dollar concocted debt, I would still opt for a Biafra than a miserable Nigeria of quota system & less educational states, where mediocrity is celebrated & merit jettisoned all in a bid to favour a perpetual backward North.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
chuna1985:

If u see no reason why igbos should get equal States like every other geopolitical zones in Nigeria, Then ur very unwell.
You do not argue your position by abusing people .First of all the so called geopolitical zone is not the basis for creating states. Why should they have the same number of states as Yorubas why not more .There has to be some basis for making the argument. On the basis of Population and Land mass the Ibos are a minority and one would question why they have 5 states which seems too much compared e.g to Ijaws who have ONE are Ibos 5 times as many as Ijaw? In my opinion Ibos should have no more than 3 states and already have too many
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 4:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
illiad1:

Lol
Funny you!

Even with a billion dollar concocted debt, I would still opt for a Biafra than a miserable Nigeria of quota system & less educational states, where mediocrity is celebrated & merit jettisoned all in a bid to favour a perpetual backward North.
They are not as backward as you think,that is a myth.In many ways the Eboes are more backward and certainly were the most backward when Nigeria was created. This is a fact.many southerners bandy the myth of backwardness but there are many parts of Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom that are more backward than anywhere else.Fact is most southerners who say this have never been to the north.
We support Biafra just don't try violence
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by ahaika23: 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
You do not argue your position by abusing people .First of all the so called geopolitical zone is not the basis for creating states. Why should they have the same number of states as Yorubas why not more .There has to be some basis for making the argument. On the basis of Population and Land mass the Ibos are a minority and one would question why they have 5 states which seems too much compared e.g to Ijaws who have ONE are Ibos 5 times as many as Ijaw? In my opinion Ibos should have no more than 3 states and already have too many
omonnakoda:
Is your father ok? You better go and treat his epilepsy before he falls in front of a truck
you're makin a fool of yourself! Send me your photo and address and I will take care of you!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by cheruv: 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
Goodboiyy:

U spoken matured bro. atleast u know the truth . i prefer having an itskeri nation. We re big enough to form a country. but the luv i have for nigeria is jst too much. On a second thought having an Odua country with SW AINT A BAD DEAL. Jst like d anioma Will luv 2 b in Biafra. There we go again. we have d pro-Igbo and pro-Yoruba in some part of SS

God Bless Nigeria , God Bless you, God bless Our Leaders
For now Biafra is the SE and Anioma.. as my signature says.the Oyono group of languages viz Mmoño, Ogoni and Ekoi would be given an option to join the realm.
Yoroboid and Edoid languages have no place in Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
ahaika23:
my father is makin a fool of himself! I need to send him to Yaba left so they will take care of him!
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by illiad1(m): 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
They are not as backward as you think,that is a myth.In many ways the Eboes are more backward and certainly were the most backward when Nigeria was created. This is a fact.many southerners bandy the myth of backwardness but there are many parts of Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom that are more backward than anywhere else.Fact is most southerners who say this have never been to the north.
We support Biafra just don't try violence

Stop playing the ostrich!

The truth stare us all in the face. We all want a stable & favorable country and nigeria as presently constituted is far far away from favourable.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by mpowa(m): 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
udokpuenyi:

Subject the issue of Biafra to referendum, at least it is constitutional and forget about who will be part of Biafra or not. Igbos have never bullied part of this country to be part of Biafraland, even the minority down Niger will have their say in the referendum. The Yorubas know why they are shaken to their marrows anytime issue of Biafra comes up.
grin grin I wonder how Biafra affects the Yorubas, these are the funny ways you people think too high of yourselves -- In fact, it will be a blessing for both, maybe you'll finally have your own mega city like Lagos and of course we would have far less populated cities, more organization, more control on crime and less pressure on our lands - fresh air.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by solreb: 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nice write up and spot on. The best way for Biafra to come up is through referendum. Trying to seceed forcefully is a fantasy with so many obstacles. Massob and ipob have their differences. I listen to Nnamdi Kanu the director of Ipob all the time to amuse myself because of lots of trashes, inconsistencies, abuses and hate speeches he spews on Radio Biafra, including the fact that he is already appropriating all the Niger delta states as Biafran lands. What a joke.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by zendy: 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
Octaves:
If Nigeria wants to be together, some things must come into place. Particularly resource control and devolution of power.
If the one Nigeria you are talking about is the type we have now, then u are just making mere speech and are far removed from reality.
Since 1960, Nigeria has been divided and if the root causes of the division are not tackled rather than giving fancy cliched peace speeches. Nigeria will continue to fall apart until the center cannot hold.
Biafra is a good idea for the easterners if Nigeria is not fixed.
Last time i checked, war has not been part of the equation of actualising biafra. Most activists are seeking peaceful solutions.
You opening this thread about a problem that doesnt exist or is insignificant makes me doubt your identity as an igbo man. U are either a Yoruba or yorobanized igbo. Either way, u dont know what you are saying.

Britain, the creators of Nigeria is made up of four constituent parts. England,Wales,Scotland and Northern Ireland. Everybody was living witness last year when Scottish agitation for independence culminated in Scotland being granted a referendum. Nobody was shouting "we must be British!". Instead, what happend was that there was a national debate about the pros and cons of Scotland going it alone. That's how civilised people do things. But in backward Nigeria, somebody will be in Akure and be shouting at someone Enugu that "we must remain one Nigeria!" and I wonder if some people have common sense. The very people who created Nigeria have already showed us how solve inter-ethnic disputes but some people are chanting war mantra. Lugard killed people to create Nigeria. Gowon killed people to keep Nigeria one. Yet, the same Nigeria has not moved foward from 1960 to date. Millions have died to keep an unworkable, failed state going. Why? Because Lord Lugard told them so. Those who indulge in deciet will be put to shame. I still want to believe that a referendum which will usher a peaceful dissolution Of Nigeria will be conducted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
solreb:
Nice write up and spot on. The best way for Biafra to come up is through referendum. Trying to seceed forcefully is a fantasy with so many obstacles. Massob and ipob have their differences. I listen to Nnamdi Kanu the director of Ipob all the time to amuse myself because of lots of trashes, inconsistencies, abuses and hate speeches he spews on Radio Biafra, including the fact that he is already appropriating all the Niger delta states as Biafran lands. What a joke.

Then stop listening, u love listening because he says the truth, stop pretending.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
londoner:

Exactly, but they don't want a legitimate process because of this kanus selfish ambition to become ruler.
He is not even talking about elections or Igbos chosing who they want either and that is why he is acting alone, outside of the Igbo state govs or traditional rulers but will just institute himself over a war ravaged people fresh from a war he will begin under the guise of a love of Biafra.

Kanu is not interested in ruling anybody, he has swore to it and we believe him, millions believe him.

And get ur facts right, u think he just got up over night and started saying he needs money for arms. Lol.

These people have gone to U.N meetings several times and he is saying it to u that white people doesn't want Nigeria to ever succeed. He has facts, you don't really know the man. He is not a dullard, he works with strategies, if not for him, did u know Britain sucks ND oil without meter?
Did u know that even U.S govt told him point blank that Britain is the problem with Nigeria, and of course u know who Britain uses to take us backward.
These are the people that sucks ur oil without using meter, they don't pay for it, they use it to develop their place, they then continue to make sure ur country remains in bondage and overly corrupt, that Nigeria continues to be backward so that they can play god on black Africans.
Nigeria is doomed, Britain has finished Africa.

These people are not interested in u being developed.

The struggle for Biafra goes beyond Nigeria, it will make a mark on European countries that we have known what they know.

If u think u know something, why did George W. Bush and Condolizer Rize say that as long as Africans continue to dwell in man-made borders, that no real development will happen to any African country.
These two people formulated the Charter for Self Determination on Indigenous People, which Nigeria is a signatory to.

Biafran struggle has passed legitimate stage, Britain is playing dirty on Nigerians, and they are blocking the effort made so far at the U.N.

Unfortunately for them, we know what they know, so as long as Nigerian government continue to let Britain detect how to treat its people, we will wage war against Nigerian Government simple. Britain can't step in of cus, because America have warned them severally not to intervene militarily in any African country in crisis. And any Biafran uprising will raise a lot of unanswered questions.
Forget Britain has a lot of questions to answer, but they know that in case of any war here U.N and U.S can't let then come in to help any side fight.
If u think i am lying, Google search who gave British govt orders to get out of Africa, which they did in 1960s.

There are a lot of things Nigerian government is not telling Nigerians about the struggle so far in U.N. but soonest they will be forced to say these things.

Go to any U.S embassy and talk to the ambassador about Biafra, you will be shocked what they will tell you about Britain and Nigeria.

I am sorry, Nigeria is not working, Britain wants it so, U.S want u to act before they help you, but as domicile as we all are, we cant, but IPOB will.

Like Nnamdi Kalu always say, the restoration of Biafra will be the last known miracle to man, British hold on Africa will be conquered and Africans will renegotiate how they want to coexist with each other. Then Africans will develop themselves and I mean real development.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by macof(m): 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Is America homogenous? Canada? Even Russia/the Old Soviet Union?

(Russia today is not homogenous....they have Europeans and Asians)

Is Germany homogeneous? Yes
Is Austria
Japan
China
Korea
Singapore
France
England
Scotland
Denmark
Sweden
Netherlands
Portugal

Yes they all are
I could go an mentioning homogeneous nations which so happen to be European and East Asian nations and are doing just fine economically and free from internal violence that lure your brothers over running away from Nigeria

if you can proudly say Somalia is homogenous then I say Russia is as well...after all there's a greater percentage of native Russian speakers in Russia than Somali speakers in Somalia

Why can't Igbos, Lower Niger/Niger Deltans, Arewa(Fulani/Hausa/Kanuri), Akan, Mande be allowed to develope their own nations?
Why should we live as the dammed British declared? Are we dogs?
Don't you have a mind of your own? Can't africans make their own decisions on how to live and who to live with in the same country?

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Octaves(m): 5:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
zendy:

Britain, the creators of Nigeria is made up of four constituent parts. England,Wales,Scotland and Northern Ireland. Everybody was living witness last year when Scottish agitation for independence culminated in Scotland being granted a referendum. Nobody was shouting "we must be British!". Instead, what happend was that there was a national debate about the pros and cons of Scotland going it alone. That's how civilised people do things. But in backward Nigeria, somebody will be in Akure and be shouting at someone Enugu that "we must remain one Nigeria!" and I wonder if some people have common sense. The very people who created Nigeria have already showed us how solve inter-ethnic disputes but some people are chanting war mantra. Lugard killed people to create Nigeria. Gowon killed people to keep Nigeria one. Yet, the same Nigeria has not moved foward from 1960 to date. Millions have died to keep an unworkable, failed state going. Why? Because Lord Lugard told them so. Those who indulge in deciet will be put to shame. I still want to believe that a referendum which will usher a peaceful dissolution Of Nigeria will be conducted
me self don tire for the country.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
macof:

Is Germany homogeneous? Yes
Is Austria
Japan
China
Korea
Singapore
France
England
Scotland
Denmark
Sweden
Netherlands
Portugal

Yes they all are
I could go an mentioning homogeneous nations which so happen to be European and East Asian nations and are doing just fine economically and free from internal violence that lure your brothers over running away from Nigeria

if you can proudly say Somalia is homogenous then I say Russia is as well...after all there's a greater percentage of native Russian speakers in Russia than Somali speakers in Somalia

Why can't Igbos, Lower Niger/Niger Deltans, Arewa(Fulani/Hausa/Kanuri), Akan, Mande be allowed to develope their own nations?
Why should we live as the dammed British declared? Are we dogs?
Don't you have a mind of your own? Can't africans make their own decisions on how to live and who to live with in the same country?

Thank you for answering me.

First...slight correction....China(Uighurs, Tibetians,Koreans, Mongolians), Singapore(Chinese, Malay and Indian)and even Sweden are not homogenous.(Sweden has a minority tribe that lives up North).

(I would have added Japan....Ainu and Okinawans are there too in addition to the majority Yamato people).

But to answer your question....what makes countries great is a realization that they cannot live on the sale of their resources....and that such resources are limited.......and the use of such resources to become industrial.

And homogeneity does not equal development. Ask Somalia and most Arab nations (eg Yemen and Iraq, and even Turkmenistan....seriously underdeveloped nations that are homogenous.Mongolia is another example.).

Thanks for your answer.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by BABANGBALI: 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
OnyeIbo:

What are u saying?
I tolded you to keep quiet
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by macof(m): 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
coolitempa:

Lol... grin grin grin grin.....like Somalia and Rwanda...... cheesy.....I so badly want Biafra for these people.....

You compare some small Bantu tribes to Igbo ethnic group? Look who's fooling you?

If you understand anything about ethnic homogeneity you would know that so many Bantu tribes ought to come together. .hence Rwandans would be integrated along with neighboring tribes into one larger nation

Btw Somalia is not homogenous
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
omonnakoda:

I thank God u called it ur opinion, its blatantly wrong.

Imagine a dullard saying igbos r minority by population.........There is no tribe in Nigeria that is more populated than igbos. Only igbos who live in Lagos are about 7 million, talk more of igbos across the other 31 states.

Ijaw does not have one state, ijaws live in the whole states in d SS.

The NE is a geopolitical zone made up of 6 states n not less than 5 ethnic groups exist there so don't gimme that crap about ijaws having one state.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
marv1:
It still goes down with the fact that the region can get more from FG. Dont get me wrong if you want to get 200 states in ur region go ahead. But at least let the ones on ground be accountable and working. If some igbo govs who can not pay their salaries are not even fighting for more states but bailout and you mr nobody asking for more states are very very unwell.

Igbo state governors are working better than other geopolitical zones.

fact is that igbos deserve a state n every sane Nigerian knows that.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by macof(m): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Thank you for answering me.

First...slight correction....China(Uighurs, Tibetians,Koreans, Mongolians), Singapore(Chinese, Malay and Indian)and even Sweden are not homogenous.(Sweden has a minority tribe that lives up North).

(I would have added Japan....Ainu and Okinawans are there too in addition to the majority Yamato people).

But to answer your question....what makes countries great is a realization that they cannot live on the sale of their resources....and that such resources are limited.......and the use of such resources to become industrial.

And homogeneity does not equal development. Ask Somalia and most Arab nations (eg Yemen and Iraq, and even Turkmenistan....seriously underdeveloped nations that are homogenous.Mongolia is another example.).

Thanks for your answer.

You really irritate me with this chicken reasoning. ..am sorry if it's offensive but this is my honest opinion

You keep using other nations to judge the Nigerian Situation. .can't you look at Nigeria and identify our problems without bringing others?
But I can see you don't even know the meaning of "homogeneity"
Again - China, Singapore, Sweden are homogenous And If u have the mind to say Russia isn't homogenous then Somalia isn't either

Look at Nigeria it's a mess, and any reasonable person who wants to solve a mess first identifies the problem. ..what is NIGERIA'S problem? Hatred amongst ourselves, we already got off on the wrong foot from the beginning (am talking late 19th century here)
More bad blood fussing in during the course of Nigeria from 1960 till now

Any sincere human being would admit that we aren't getting along and what's the point of this if we can't get along? If a fulani being president irritates the south. If zoning is done to appoint public workers instead of merit
Where one region's resources feeds the nation but other ethnic groups enjoy a larger chunk of it?
Where the north want to hold on to power? Where one group gets jealous over a project planned for the other, where there's only competition, where there's no patriotism
This federal system of diversity is not in our African system. ..we cannot run like this

How can there be development? When there's only hatred?
Two people even fight when living in the same room, they fight for space and undue advantage
But as neighbors there's more friendship

Best is to be honest and let go, if it is meant to be then Nigeria can be recreated

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Nigerians Comment On Fr Mbaka After Buhari Is Declared The Winner / Fayose Eating N100 Wrapped Rice By The Roadside (Photos) / Buhari Honored With A Traditional Title 'manahouwhe’ Gbede' In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.