Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,511 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. (64495 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja / Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Breaking News!!! 2 Dead As Rivers Indigenes And Pro Biafra Igbos Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by kettykings: 4:53am On Jun 20, 2015
carnegiefan:

The hyperbolic lie that gave you away.
I have never in my life met an Igbo man married to a Yoruba or Hausa woman. I didn't say that they don't exist, but they are so minute that they are statistically insignificant.
There are some few Igbo women that marry those people, but then their kids are NOT Igbo. cool

There are more igbo men married to Chinese women than married to yoruba women 1 out 1 million igbo men marry yoruba women.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by tpiadotcom: 5:07am On Jun 20, 2015
is an Igbo nler trying to marry a Yoruba woman?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 5:13am On Jun 20, 2015
Ddonchester:
@ Op you are not igbo nor a biafran. You are an id!ot. Nothing will stop us from fighting this war unless they let us go in peace.
comedian...

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Genius100: 5:51am On Jun 20, 2015
I'm convinced most of those shouting Biafra are low IQ clowns. If the Biafra you want consist of Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Imo and Ebonyi, be rest assured that war will not needed for these states to secede. If a referendum was held, majority of Nigerians will actually vote for a Biafra that consist of these 5 states to secede. I'm 100% sure even a nairaland poll will indicate Nigerians support a Biafra consisting of these 5 states secede.

Now if you want to extend Biafra to include the oil producing states i.e. Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom and Cross River, you are on a long thing. The non-igbo residents of those states will never agree to Biafra talkless of the rest of Nigerians. I really fail to understand what the chest beating is about. The Igbo states have been exclusively ruled by Igbos since 1999, and they are no better than the rest of Nigeria. Infact Abia was probably the worst governed state in Nigeria under Ochedo, so what is the chest beating about. You clowns better find something useful to do with your time.

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by kettykings: 5:58am On Jun 20, 2015
Genius100:
I'm convinced most of those shouting Biafra are low IQ clowns. If the Biafra you want consist of Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Imo and Ebonyi, be rest assured that war will not needed for these states to secede. If a referendum was held, majority of Nigerians will actually vote for a Biafra that consist of these 5 states to secede. I'm 100% sure even a nairaland poll will indicate Nigerians support a Biafra consisting of these 5 states secede.

Now if you want to extend Biafra to include the oil producing states i.e. Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom and Cross River, you are on a long thing. The non-igbo residents of those states will never agree to Biafra talkless of the rest of Nigerians. I really fail to understand what the chest beating is about. The Igbo states have been exclusively ruled by Igbos since 1999, and they are no better than the rest of Nigeria. Infact Abia was probably the worst governed state in Nigeria under Ochedo, so what is the chest beating about. You clowns better find something useful to do with your time.

What if this is subjected to a referendum rather than making assumptions. Even if Abia was badly ruled, how does that justify the continued existence of one Nigeria where millions are presently in displaced camp, millions are on the verge of starvation as a result of unpaid salary in unviable states, the infrastructure are comatose and in dilapidated state.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Genius100: 6:04am On Jun 20, 2015
kettykings:

What if this is subjected to a referendum rather than making assumptions. Even if Abia was badly ruled, how does that justify the continued existence of one Nigeria where millions are presently in displaced camp, millions are on the verge of starvation as a result of unpaid salary in unviable states, the infrastructure are comatose and in dilapidated state.

Dude, feel free to conduct a poll on Nairaland and you will realize I'm 100% right. What I'm telling you is that Nigerians will gladly support the secession of a Biafra that consist of the 5 SE states. So let's stop the silly narrative that Nigerians do not want Biafra to secede.

The only time there will be issues is if Biafra wants to forcefully take the oil producing states. The Ijaws, Itsekiri, Ibibios no go gree.. That's the bottom line..

27 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by kettykings: 6:35am On Jun 20, 2015
Genius100:

Dude, feel free to conduct a poll on Nairaland and you will realize I'm 100% right. What I'm telling you is that Nigerians will gladly support the secession of a Biafra that consist of the 5 SE states. So let's stop the silly narrative that Nigerians do not want Biafra to secede.

The only time there will be issues is if Biafra wants to forcefully take the oil producing states. The Ijaws, Itsekiri, Ibibios no go gree.. That's the bottom line..

If that is the case then nigeria needs to stop harassing and arresting massob and other biafran activist as long as they are in igbo speaking cities as that slows down the agitation.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 6:36am On Jun 20, 2015
Genius100:

You made some good points. Our people still fail to understand that when the chips are down, they will fight alone. The south south people will intelligently negotiate our people away to advance their interests and build consensus across other tribes. Why is it that you cannot feel the same vibe of Biafra in south south states? The average NigerDeltan prefers to do their own struggle inside a united Nigeria. Apart from that clown Asari, you will never hear a Nigerdeltan talk of secession. Our people have a lot to learn!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Genius100: 6:41am On Jun 20, 2015
kettykings:

If that is the case then nigeria needs to stop harassing and arresting massob and other biafran activist as long as they are in igbo speaking cities as that slows down the agitation.

Why are you saying Nigeria is arresting them? The state they reside in is controlled by Igbo governors and those governors and their underlings are the ones arresting the Biafran activists..

19 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 6:42am On Jun 20, 2015
kettykings:

The only area I disagree with you is that of a referendum is taken 80% of our people will vote to remain in Nigeria. People can make noise all they want in Nairaland but when the shit becomes real, they become more sober.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by kettykings: 6:43am On Jun 20, 2015
Genius100:

Why are you saying Nigeria is arresting them? The state they reside in is controlled by Igbo governors and those governors and their underlings are the ones arresting the Biafran activists..
The igbo governors are not in charge of the security details in their states, these massob activists were arrested by the Nigerian police

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 6:44am On Jun 20, 2015
kettykings:

There are more igbo men married to Chinese women than married to yoruba women 1 out 1 million igbo men marry yoruba women.
Please only say what you know.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Genius100: 6:47am On Jun 20, 2015
kettykings:

The igbo governors are not in charge of the security details in their states, these massob activists were arrested by the Nigerian police

Guy, the governor is the Chief Security Officer of the state.. The governors equip the police in their states and the police generally operate according to the wishes of the governor unless there is a political battle between the governor and the president.. If the governor of any SE state support Biafra, why can't they come out and say it?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 6:50am On Jun 20, 2015
Ddonchester:
@ Op you are not igbo nor a biafran. You are an id!ot. Nothing will stop us from fighting this war unless they let us go in peace.
Why haven't you started yet? What are you waiting for? Try it and your family will be the first to donate you to police and JTF!
If you can't learn from history, then your case is hopeless!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by kettykings: 6:51am On Jun 20, 2015
dinachi:

The only area I disagree with you is that of a referendum is taken 80% of our people will vote to remain in Nigeria. People can make noise all they want in Nairaland but when the shit becomes real, they become more sober.

Most igbos really do not want to secede but do not want to stay in this one nigeria with the way it is run where a lot of killings is going on in some parts of the country and people look the other way, where states are syphoning niger delta money using population as a yard stick but generate nothing in terms of income tax.
If Nigeria is really not prepared to change then my advice to igbos is to go

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 6:53am On Jun 20, 2015
Na so we due mumu south south man emerge as president(Jonathan)! Some fools are still here shouting Biafra this Biafra that. Na when other ethnic minorities like idoma and Igala produce president that our eyes go clear.
Being dumb is not a virtue.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omenka(m): 6:58am On Jun 20, 2015
dinachi:
I feel a deep sense of grief and bewilderment when I read a lot of misguided comments from my Igbo brothers with some calling for a violent secession from Nigeria. Most of the generation of people making these statement never witnessed the civil war. They did not see first hand the horrors of war. They did not experience the terrific impact of bombs or the loud ear splitting sounds of heavy artillery shells as the explode. Should I talk about the economic impact? How our people were reduced to paupers and had to start from the scratch. How beautiful daughters were forcefully torn from the warm embrace of their families and married off to leprous men in the North just to spite our people. Only a mentally deranged and prone to self destruction individual will ever in his life support a violent secession from Nigeria.

Our problem is not secession. Our problem is learning how to live with other tribes in harmony while doing our businesses. Our focus should be on how to build consensus across the nation for vital political interests.

I laugh heartliy when I see some misguided Niger Delta youths like b*arcanista and co trying to be clever by half by playing to our sense of entitlement. Speaking from both sides of the mouth about how our people are being pushed aside and marginalized.
Yet these are the same people that effectively sabotaged the Biafran struggle under Ojukwu. These are the same people that lead the enemy in through our backyards and betrayed their so called brothers. Now they have started a new song because their brother Jonathan who performed woefully was booted out by majority of Nigerians.

I want us to know sometime that is historical. The moment an attempt is made to secede, the I jaws will immediately turn their backs and negotiate us away to advance their interests. So we will end up alone fighting the whole of Nigeria and loosing again.

When the chips are down, we are always alone.

Another point to consider is that Nigeria has become too intergrated to break up. Almost every family has in laws across their tribe. How will that be handled?

Igbo are the most integrated people in Nigeria with business interests across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria. Most of our people will become jobless or stay and be killed the moment a secession is declared.

Those who knew the truth will tell you that even inside Biafra there were still serious cases of tribalism and nepotism, even under the revered Ojukwu. That was why ahiara declaration became necessary to tackle these issues.

Finally, we are not ready militarily and would only be engaging in another massive waste of life if we insist on our ways.
So my people do not be deceived! Our best and only bet is to remain as law abiding citizens of Nigeria while doing our best to continue to be relevant in the scheme of things.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
I love reading sensible posts like this. Nice one Op.

Like I said before, all these people getting overly excited and giddy about "war" don't even know what a gunpowder smells like. When shiit hits the fan this time, they are not gonna read naratives on the pages of newspapers or elsewhere, they are gonna bear witnesses to the horrendous effects themselves, a fate I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I'm all for living peacefully and enjoying myself. Life is simply too precious.

21 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Masterclass32: 7:07am On Jun 20, 2015
Much as I generally agree with the the OP, I have a few reservations.

Suggesting that we learn to live in Nigeria is not it. On the contrary, Nigeria should learn to accept the Igbos into the Nigerian fold. Since the civil war, we've been more or less treated as outcasts in our supposed country. Despite the Reconciliation, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction mantra, not much has been done in the south east. How many states do the Igbo have as against what others have? Federal presence is virtually non existent in the east. The so-called International airport in Enugu is an obvious joke. Any move to build a sea port in the east is crushed. 2nd Niger bridge nko? There has been a deliberate and studied plan to undermine the south east. U can't keep treating me like a slave and expect me to be happy. Left to me, I would advocate REGIONALISM. Make all man develop at their pace.

Again, if we wanted to split Nigeria, inter-tribal marriages wouldn't have stopped it. Who says you must be in the same country with your inlaws? I have friends with inlaws in Germany, south africa etc.

Nigeria better get her act right. The polity is gradaully boiling.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Sachris4U(m): 7:09am On Jun 20, 2015
ME AS A SOUTH WESTERNER IS FULLY IN SUPPORT FOR YOUR AGITATION FOR BIAFRA , NOW WE NEED ACTIONS FROM U PEOPLE AND NOT JUST NOISE DAY AND NIGHT ON NAIRALAND. JUST MAKE SURE U EXECUTE YOUR PLAN WELL , BECAUSE I KNOW WHEN IT BACKFIRES, UI WONT HAVE AWOLOWO TO BLAME FOR YOUR MISFORTUNE NOW. I CAN ASSURE U THAT NOBODY WILL MISS U. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by SOUNDKING: 7:12am On Jun 20, 2015
brize:
How i wish Biafra can just happen peacefully, but the problem of we igbos is that we dont know the stand of our governors and senators and other political personalities, and that is really weaking our trust that we would have showered towards one well known and anoited person......

The problem with Nigeria is they will never listen to your pleas and requests until you do it forcefully and violently, after many years of war, nothing good has been built over here(in terms of FG projects) in the SS/SE how then will you prove that there was no victor and no vanquished?? why will a government claim that it care for a region which has been clamouring for self freedom for years but yet no attention has been given to them, that same region has lowest number of state in this country, why will they be happy?? Why on earth will they feel among??, they have contributed immensely for the success of this country, Nollyword na dem start am, Azikiwe(though he was the one that trapped us here) but was really the front fighter in the colonial era..... Oil and business are mostly from that region, they have accommodated many tribes in their region without fighting anyone(cos they see everyone as important in one way or the other), but are been fought here and there all through other tribes(because they establish and try there possible best to live comfortable anywhere they are) this are tribe who see theirselves as semi-god and its inborn, you cannot do anything about that and that made them see others not worth dinning with......they dont believe in something that does not work or even walk(just like Nigeria is faulty and crippled) They called for self freedom but they are been denied and abandoned......... Why wont they clamour for freedom and hope to be heard........... I pray that this freedom will be gotten freely and peacefully.......... AMEN
your post is more sensible than what the op has,my brother, freedom is never given but taken,if only we can come together, declare our state of Biafra, let Nigeria declare war again, i don't mind dying 100 times for Biafra.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Bifwoli: 7:13am On Jun 20, 2015
Igboland should still aim to secede regardless.Nothing good comes easily and if it means war then so be it coz right now Igbo folks are getting a raw deal with their resources being misused by the rest of a godamned country of leeches.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 7:14am On Jun 20, 2015
Masterclass32:
Much as I generally agree with the the OP, I have a few reservations.
Suggesting that we learn to live in Nigeria is not it. On the contrary, Nigeria should learn to accept the Igbos into the Nigerian fold. Since the civil war, we've been more or less treated as outcasts in our supposed country. Despite the Reconciliation, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction mantra, no much has been done in the south east. How many states do the Igbo have as against what others have? Federal presence is virtually non existent in the east. The so-called International airport in Enugu is an obvious joke. Any move to build a sea port in the east is crushed. 2nd Niger bridge nko? There have been a deliberate and studied plan to undermine the south east. U can't keep treating me like a slave and expect me to be happy. Let to me, I would advocate REGIONALISM. Make all man develop at their pace.
Again, if we wanted to spit Nigeria, inter-tribal marriages wouldn't have stopped it. Who says you must be in the same country with your inlaws? I have friends with inlaws in Germany, south africa etc.
Nigeria better get her act right. The polity is gradaully boiling.
Good posers you raised there but my question remains. When a supposed Biafran Goodluck Jonathan was there what do he do about the international airport and second Niger bridge inspite of massive Igbo support? That's right, he only paid lip service to it and yet some of our clownish brothers here are shouting south south is with us!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 20, 2015
dinachi:
Na so we due mumu south south man emerge as president(Jonathan)! Some fools are still here shouting Biafra this Biafra that. Na when other ethnic minorities like idoma and Igala produce president that our eyes go clear.
Being dumb is not a virtue.
There stup1dity got me tired, lack and insight, vision and wisdom, if like when they keep shouting Biafra maybe even d Nnamdi Kanu or any of dem wud maybe go to a public place like d American embassy and set himself on fire to create awareness abt der fight dat wud hv been better, they wud shout Biafra up and down yet at the end they won't lift a finger. Even d militants that have enough ammunition than we igbo's re scared of going head to head to Nigeria in an open war talkless of us...
This is the same mistake Ojukwu made during d war they want to mk, fighting a war against war tanks, fighter jets, bazookas, submachine guns with a hand full of weapons... is dat not foolishness?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by porshuch: 7:21am On Jun 20, 2015
you have said it all, my problem is that those shouting for war, have never experience none. How can we achieve biafra when some part of igbo land still pratice Osu system, is that not marginalizaton? We human beings are complex animal. We are agitating for biafra when we can't employ somebody from imo state to work in abia state government. To me Biafra is as good as dead. Ka udo chia!

21 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omenka(m): 7:24am On Jun 20, 2015
cocoduck:
man must not live for bread, bread is to support you not you living for it, Nigeria has been here for hundred years but what has has the zoo achieved? Nothing. You sing one Nigeria to the high heavens because you are lazy and parasitic and knows nothing about hardwork and being smart, go and look for a land now and plan cooca before it is late.
Nnamdi azikiwe the educated fool was busy singing one nigeria to the high heavens only to be disgraced by you one and only Awolwo only for him to come to Bifgraand start causing confusion by remoevinfg Elo Ita, a very good ibibio man (I think ibibio or Izon), the zoo must fall.
Have you ever sat down to ask yourself what you can do to make the country a better place and actually attempt to do same?? Have you ever imagined the failure of Nigeria might not be as much a failure of the FG as it is State Government?? Do you think the level of development in your state is commensurate to what the state has been earning at least since 1999??

Stop musing about the "zoo", make a paradise of it for yourself. No one will do it for you mr.

As for the calling me lazy and parasitic, I'd let that slide. Made a commitment to leave the insults to kids around here and will NOT violate it.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by wexyee: 7:25am On Jun 20, 2015
Princewill1:
RUBBISH TALK!!

Biafrans are not cowards,today's generation of Biarans are more stubborn than their fathers;nothing will deter them from fighting for their freedom.

OP have you heared that there will be a mass DNA test in biafraland when biafra comes,once you fail it;you will be sent to sokoto or osogbo to search for ur father.
typical ibo. Shameless u mean u will send. Any ibo wit a non ibo fada out? Fool

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 20, 2015
porshuch:
you have said it all, my problem is that those shouting for war, have never experience none. How can we achieve biafra when some part of igbo land still pratice Osu system, is that not marginalizaton? We human beings are complex animal. We are agitating for biafra when we can't employ somebody from imo state to work in abia state government. To me Biafra is as good as dead. Ka udo chia!
osu system and dat Abia state/imo state government employment issues are not a reason... is d real reasons dat u ppl have failed to see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Mimi Adzape Shares Pants As Campaign Souvenirs (Photos) / Buhari's Campaign Promise Of Defeating Boko Haram About To Be Delivered / Nnamdi Kanu Parents Burial: Police Destroyed 2 CCTV Camera, But I Have 36 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.