Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby (17205 Views)

Poll: Pretty girls make lousy wives

Yes: 18% (19 votes)
No: 19% (20 votes)
Depends: 61% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Do Pregnant Women Fart So Much? My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts... / PHOTOS: Lady Gets The Shock Of Her Life After Opening A New Baby Cream / My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 04, 2009
So people don't renegade on an agreed decision? Well, well, look for another woman!
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by DeReloaded: 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2009
*waka @ agbaya* angry
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by agabaI23(m): 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2009
DeReloaded:

*waka @ agbaya* angry
Why u de vex? No be true. That's not the topic anyway. I only wanted to give an example. wink

Topic

Bro answer these questions

Where are you guys from?
Is your wife Nigerian?
Are you African?
What has been her mother opinion about her behaviour
Did you beat her?
Was there anything she complained about?
Did she catch you with another woman?
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 04, 2009
agabaI23:

Bro answer these questions
Where are you guys from?
Is your wife Nigerian?
Are you African?
What has been her mother opinion about her behaviour
Did you beat her?
Was there anything she complained about?
Did she catch you with another woman?

also, how old is sexy wifey?
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Becomrrich: 8:45pm On Mar 04, 2009
when i was young my mother use to sing a song.
omo ni gige , mo wo.
it means the child, is the mirror of life.

Children are more important then career. I do not want to say you have a stupid woman for a wife.

If she say she want to go, let her go.  if you people live abroad .
do like what 100% most nigeria men do abroad if she want child support , relocate to nigeria.
let her go thru the pain of taken care of a child alone.
let her go to yar adua and complain. no child support in nigeria.

Dont worry the social worker and police who is trying to earn her 40 hrs to take care of thier own children would not pick up her phone after you leave. she would discovery , she have been stupid.
the government would ask her to go and get a JOB to take care of the child. welfare is not for a life time.

We have seen them over here. their lifes becomes useless they now become prostitutes in the night.  black in, white go out, pink wait at the door. do google, you would find nigeria women caught on tape. And they become what they call ALL NATION over here. Yoruba call them orise rise men. it mean mens from different national. The children now know uncle itano, uncle britain, daddy Jamecia, Daddy Akata, daddy china, 

And they now end up having children . what we call women of united nation over here.

the childre fathers

child 1   father Jamo
Child 2 father Paki
Child 3 father Italo
Child 4  father chiko
child 5  father UK
child 6 Unknow nation[ did not know who the father is]

Baby mother plenty for abroad

the yorubas says if one door do not close another one would not open.

Dont waste your own tomorrow because of an unserious woman. There are good women out there who would love you for you.

And if you are in nigeria . Let her go if she want, there is nothing you can do. Pray for her, if she refuse move on.  Women plenty who need husband. there are 70 million female in nigeria and 150 million in the USA.  Look see how President Yar adua gave his children to men who had 3 iyawo already. what does that tell you. In nigeria they say be Jankara. Even ni AME, plenty plenty.

Bobo, you are not ulgy,

Children are more important than career, to hell with career. Employer can sack you, your children can never sack.

If she want to stay , look for a Godly pastor. not all those 410 pastor . who want money and let them talk to her.

My brother if you have all the money in the world and all title , degree and  cars, if you have no children in lifes. Your life is worth nothing, career would not bury you, it is your children that would.

Even if you die a poor man, you are better than a rich man with no children. God would not make you oloshi. Oloshi is a person who does not have children. A poorman with children is worth more than a man with billion with no children. A child is worth more than ten billion dollar. 

There are some women in this world who are praying to have child, your wife na says she does not want one because of career. Aku ku career ni hell. Dam the career.  Career my foot,
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by DeReloaded: 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2009
They have a kid, why the sermon?
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by tpia: 8:56pm On Mar 04, 2009
I wonder oh.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by goincrazy: 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2009
thanx becommrich - ur reply was quite insightful

nobody has said how i will get my child back ( i love her too much to walk away).

replies-

am a full blooded nigerian. jus came back 3ys ago after 9yrs outside. very successful by naija standards so d problem is not money (in fact am still in shock) .

d mum obviously supports her action as she has refused to respond to invitations frm my family for a discussion. we are actually not in good terms due to an earlier incident (she was askin for too much stuff and i decided to ignore her). she insists i come and apologize to her first b4 she intervenes. btw she's a divorcee who raised her kids mostly alone.

only crime i can think of - i probably worked too hard and never gave enuf time. i don't club, smoke, womanize,drink, and i did not beat her. she complained she was being treated as a housewife even though she culdn't work cause she was still in school!!.

naija wives have really gone mad! i don't think i'll try marriage again if i survive this,
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by damola1: 9:06pm On Mar 04, 2009
when i was young my mother use to sing a song.
omo ni gige , mo wo.
it means the child, is the mirror of life.

Children are more important then career. I do not want to say you have a stupid woman for a wife.

If she say she want to go, let her go. if you people live abroad .
do like what 100% most nigeria men do abroad if she want child support , relocate to nigeria.
let her go thru the pain of taken care of a child alone.
let her go to yar adua and complain. no child support in nigeria.

Dont worry the social worker and police who is trying to earn her 40 hrs to take care of thier own children would not pick up her phone after you leave. she would discovery , she have been stupid.
the government would ask her to go and get a JOB to take care of the child. welfare is not for a life time.

We have seen them over here. their lifes becomes useless they now become prostitutes in the night. black in, white go out, pink wait at the door. do google, you would find nigeria women caught on tape. And they become what they call ALL NATION over here. Yoruba call them orise rise men. it mean mens from different national. The children now know uncle itano, uncle britain, daddy Jamecia, Daddy Akata, daddy china,

And they now end up having children . what we call women of united nation over here.

the childre fathers

child 1 father Jamo
Child 2 father Paki
Child 3 father Italo
Child 4 father chiko
child 5 father UK
child 6 Unknow nation[ did not know who the father is]

Baby mother plenty for abroad

the yorubas says if one door do not close another one would not open.

Dont waste your own tomorrow because of an unserious woman. There are good women out there who would love you for you.

And if you are in nigeria . Let her go if she want, there is nothing you can do. Pray for her, if she refuse move on. Women plenty who need husband. there are 70 million female in nigeria and 150 million in the USA. Look see how President Yar adua gave his children to men who had 3 iyawo already. what does that tell you. In nigeria they say be Jankara. Even ni AME, plenty plenty.

Bobo, you are not ulgy,

Children are more important than career, to hell with career. Employer can sack you, your children can never sack.

If she want to stay , look for a Godly pastor. not all those 410 pastor . who want money and let them talk to her.

My brother if you have all the money in the world and all title , degree and cars, if you have no children in lifes. Your life is worth nothing, career would not bury you, it is your children that would.

Even if you die a poor man, you are better than a rich man with no children. God would not make you oloshi. Oloshi is a person who does not have children. A poorman with children is worth more than a man with billion with no children. A child is worth more than ten billion dollar.

There are some women in this world who are praying to have child, your wife na says she does not want one because of career. Aku ku career ni hell. Dam the career. Career my foot,

YORUBA MAN TO THE CORE!!!! grin grin grin,

I JUST DEY LAUGH, COMPLETE YORUBA TALK, THAT WORKS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD,

LIFE TOO SHORT YOU KNOW, GUY, I SECOND MY MAN HERE, WITH ALL MY HANDS AND LEGS!!!!, DUMP HER BROKE ASS AND FAMILY, GOLD DIGGER!!!,

TAKE IT A STEP FURTHER, CHANGE YOUR PHONE LINES.

DON'T BOTHER LOOKING FOR HER OR THE CHILD, AFTER SOME TIME, SHE'LL COME AND DUMP THE CHILD, THE ONLY REASON SHE'S USING THE CHILD NOW IS COS SHE KNOWS THE BABY WORTH $$$$, AFTER SHE SEE YOU CARRY BLACK AND WHITE, SHE WILL COME AND DUMP THE BABY,

HISSESS, RUBBISH, WHERE BOYS DEY HUNG, AND GIRLS DEY LOOK FOR CORRECT HUSBAND, NA HIM SHE DEY MESS UP,
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Becomrrich: 9:14pm On Mar 04, 2009
omo she is not from a good home. Any woman from a good family do not do that. May God not make us marry from bad family. she from what we call useless family.

Look i trust my father. any of his child that he hears did that, my father would not care if you are 35 years. My father go give you better one for your mouth.

It is good to come from a good home. Your wife does not come from a good family my brother.  

Even your family invited her, and she refuse and you want her back. what does that tell you about your wife. Ashawo ni . I am sorry. You marry a woman from a bad home. an ashawo.

I can imagine her mother, father and brother love-vendor her to men to collect money and favour too abi, 
my brother if she does  not want to marry you only miracle can change her mind. And from what you have said.

1 you married an ashawo
2. She does not come from a good home
3 your family would not like her .
4 she does not want a child

the list go on.

It is good to look at ashawo from afar but they are not good for a wife.  i pity you.

Why dont you post your wife name, so that nigeria can avoid her family. So that no one would good to that family to marry them.  bad family,
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by damola1: 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2009
On the child issue:

My advise is risky, but worth the trial, to get the child back, you probably need to learn to let her go,

Cos, if you carry the girl go court, na long thing, maybe short these days anyway, ask from a lawyer, go to property session, there's a dude called lawyer who might be able to direct you there, he's the moderator there,

But you can save your pocket the cost, simply lie low, see her reaction to keeping the child for 3 months, 6, 1year, and maybe you can kidnap your child back ( not a crime in 9ja), if you see she cares, or you can simply go to court to win her back,

But i sincerely doubt she'll want her child to suffer,

Now, the other side is this, if you take her to court, and she starts getting child support, the quality of life you want for your baby girl, might not be the same as you wanted to give her, and the affection also won't be there, and the court could really stop you from going near her, IF she wins,

So, play it, in 9ja, you are the law, as long as you play by the law, u ka skope?
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Becomrrich: 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2009
if he is in nigeria, the man get the child.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by damola1: 9:24pm On Mar 04, 2009
U know say na lekki, he fit no be so for there, but then, na 9ja, leave story,

But where I come from, if you be my brother, na me go finish the runs, go the house, slap the mama and girl, beat dem, carry boys go, collect the pickin, the cost is less than: 5-10k, just mobilisation, beat am, beat the mama,

Or better still,

If you get mama wey get craze for head, she go finish the job, go the house, collect the pickin, no story, no too much talk, that one na standard,
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by damola1: 9:28pm On Mar 04, 2009
If you get brother or sister or mama wey get craze for head, as in craze wey dey control fear, na done deal,
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Becomrrich: 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2009
daramola, i fall down over what you said.  She would give you your child. I know nigeria.

even if i marry yar adua child, Yar adua can not take your child in nigeria. the day the snall decide he drop the shell even iyare go dey wahala.
it is not in our culture. Only useless wife family would want to do that in nigeria.

like i said it look like your wife is from a useless family. they may be stupid to try that. you have daramola here for you.

we have laws too in nigeria.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Becomrrich: 9:42pm On Mar 04, 2009
if you ask for your child she does not give it to you . do not ask her twice. only once my brother. email me on that same day. nigeriamail@hotmail.com and i can help you.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2009
goin_crazy:

nobody has said how i will get my child back ( i love her too much to walk away).

replies-
d mum obviously supports her action as she has refused to respond to invitations frm my family for a discussion. we are actually not in good terms due to an earlier incident (she was askin for too much stuff and i decided to ignore her). she insists i come and apologize to her first b4 she intervenes. btw she's a divorcee who raised her kids mostly alone.
make up your mind man, you either love your child too much or not!!!!
if you really want to make it work with her family and for your kid sake(that you love so much) then swallow your damn pride and go and squash it with your mother in law(by any means!!!!), any fool in this world knows that if it doesn't work with your mother in law, you are halfway in deep shit.
what is the age difference between you and the wifey?
you are stuck on GETTING YOUR KID, also bad mouthing her mother(is being a single mother a crime?) and agreeing with "becomrrich"and "damola1" aka "prehistoric mind".
that shows us why your wife ran away from you. marriage is suppose to be for better or worse, not my way or the highway,  don't be misled man, child support is for your CHILD and that's why you have to pay some money, no matter what!!!! l
thank god this smart woman decided to take care of herself before you. imagine if you had the same problems in 20yrs, after she'd given up all her studies and career FOR YOU?!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by damola1: 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2009
When u are in rome, behave like a roman.

When you are in 9ja, behave like a Nigerian.

All this grammar no dey work, 

As pre-history as it sounds, that's what works. Don't forget Nigeria is a 3rd world country, so really, we are in prehistoric times, thats why electricity is not constant, our president can dash is baby out to someone with existing wives, no water, everything is just somehow, but we still dey,

So, guy, do you want to feel or act like a foreigner in Nigeria, or you want to do it the way it should be done, so that it can be the way it's,

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2009
damola1:

When u are in rome, behave like a roman.
When you are in 9ja, behave like a Nigerian.
All this grammar no dey work,
so 9ja man don't take care of their children?! stop using your "macho jungle mind" thinking about the wife and think about the kid for a minute.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Becomrrich: 10:07pm On Mar 04, 2009
if it is for better for worst, then why did she run. it show that she is not worth it. A good woman would stay . you see marriage is not a smooth road. do not believe what you get in north american thier life is screw up.  North america have screw up marriage.

marriage is difficult. you see i have an elder sister. she have children even her boys are nearly as tall as me. but you see my sister. we have time too we have disagreement. that is a woman from the same mother and father. Can you imagine someone from a different background.

On the issue of in law. if you have them, they are not good my brother stay away from them. In law are the one that destroy most marriage.

If you can  avoid never calling and get away with it, my brother do it.

it is better to have a happy home than have a happy in law with no good home.

leave your life at peace , the bible says follow peace with all men . if you can avoid them , my brother please do. the most important thing is to keep your home. I have never called one single member of my family since i have been married to report my wife before. My family do not know how we eat. what my wife does or not.  i listen to my pastor Tony rapu many year ago.

separate your life from in law.  Keep them far away as possible , if you want to have a good home. The day you marry, the word of God says to leave your family and clave to your wife. Any woman that carry thier family in thier head do not have good homes , they have broken home and watch what happen to thier children life.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by DeReloaded: 10:16pm On Mar 04, 2009
only crime i can think of - i probably worked too hard and never gave enuf time. i don't club, smoke, womanize,drink, and i did not beat her. she complained she was being treated as a housewife even though she culdn't work cause she was still in school!!.

and now that she has a degree, she WANTS TO WORK. So what is your problem? You having money means nothing. What is the point of her getting a degree if she's gonna spend her entire time being knocked up. You should be trying to come to a compromise instead of whining.

Good thing she escaped this your okun eru.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by DeReloaded: 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2009
make up your mind man, you either love your child too much or not!!!!
if you really want to make it work with her family and for your kid sake(that you love so much) then swallow your damn pride and go and squash it with your mother in law(by any means!!!!), any fool in this world knows that if it doesn't work with your mother in law, you are halfway in deep shit.
what is the age difference between you and the wifey?
you are stuck on GETTING YOUR KID, also bad mouthing her mother(is being a single mother a crime?) and agreeing with "becomrrich"and "damola1" aka "prehistoric mind".
that shows us why your wife ran away from you. marriage is suppose to be for better or worse, not my way or the highway, don't be misled man, child support is for your CHILD and that's why you have to pay some money, no matter what!!!! l
thank god this smart woman decided to take care of herself before you. imagine if you had the same problems in 20yrs, after she'd given up all her studies and career FOR YOU?!

Bless you. He's agreeing with people that have been calling the mother of his kid an 'ashewo". What a "great" husband she has.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2009
Becomrrich:

if it is for better for worst, then why did she run. it show that she is not worth it. A good woman would stay . you see marriage is not a smooth road. do not believe what you get in north american thier life is screw up.

you said it buddy, marriage is a tough road but it is definitely not slavery. if she doesnt want something and she EXPLAIN to her husband why, he should have accepted and forgot about the matter. he is 30something, already have ONE CHILD and could have waited until 6yrs for more. a good woman should only stay if everything is RIGHT

marriage is difficult. you see i have an elder sister. she have child even her boys are nearly as tall as me. but you see my sister. we have time too we have disagreement. that is a woman from the same mother and father. Can you imagine someone from a different background.

so is your MOTHER never right in the argument? does your father tell your mother that it's HIS WAY or nothing else?
The poster already said that he paid for 2yrs of school for her so OBVIOUSLY she had career in mind before they got married

On the issue of in law. if you have them, they are not good my brother stay away from them. In law are the one that destroy most marriage.
If you can  avoid never calling and get away with it, my brother do it.

you are right but if your mother in law is the only one that can talk to your wife for you  THEN do whatever it takes , for the child sake. if that is too big for him then we can see what kind of LOVE he is talking about.

it is better to have a happy home than have a happy in law with no good home.
is it better to have a happy home with NO WIFE?!

leave your life at peace , the bible says follow peace with all men . if you can avoid them , my brother please do. the most important thing is to keep your home. I have never called one single member of my family since i have been married to report my wife before. My family do not know how we eat. what my wife does or not.  i listen to my pastor Tony rapu many year ago.

thats good for you but it doesn't mean that the posters wife shouldn't do what she wants to do in this marriage, she has her own mind and the husband should respect that too.

separate your life from in law.  Keep them far away as possible , if you want to have a good home. The day you marry, the word of God says to leave your family and clave to your wife. Any woman that carry thier family in thier head do not have good homes , they have broken home and watch what happen to thier children life.

hey the wife only went back to her mothers home because she wanted to get away from him. nobody said that the mother in law is the fault for all this problems, the fact is that the poster cannot go there because he is not on good terms with mother in law, so i suggested that HE try squasing his beef with mum in law instead of trying to bring his WHOLE family into his mess.

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Becomrrich: 10:31pm On Mar 04, 2009
No mother in law should be the only person that can talk to your wife. Look i know my father , he would send you back. Any mother in law who think she is the only one that talk to her child, need pray.

A mother in law is support to cut any tie with her child, so that her child can have a good home. Any mother in law who is using her child like love-vendor is not worth talking too. Any mother in law who is ready to be important in a child relationship is not worth of been a mother in law.

The word of God advice all parent to let go , the day their children get married. if that in law want to wait. She can wait forever. if she has my number , it is ok to call, but me call anybody, Noway. If she cant call na replacement for her child.

Like i said i trust my father, one to your lip. if you call him , he would tell you what is his business in that. that did he marry the woman for you.

People may call president yar adua name for given his child too early. but the man smart. the early the better, you dont want them to remain at home for too long. if not, they would be 35 years in thier fathers house.

marriage is slavery, you cant escape.  

if you do not want to be a slave do not get married.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by DeReloaded: 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2009
Becomrrich:

Maybe in your family sha.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by gamechange(m): 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2009
@Goin crazy

Wake up and smell the coffee. This issue is not about your wife not wanting more children, it's simple really, she does not want the union anymore. Any other thing said is just a smokescreen. I sense you as a descent outstanding human being who probably would take a gun for his wife, but the key is you and your 'runaway' wife have not been communicating, I can assure that if you asked her why she left, she would point to the fact that you do not listen (which has escalated to other issues). You have to understand that men and women are wired differently, Women need someone who listens to them not talk down to them, I bet if you had listened, you guys could have sustained the marriage. I devote half an hour a day to my wife where all i want to do is listen to her talk, no TV, no kids, just her and me talk over a couple of drinks, believe me it is refreshing and enlightening at how much you learn about each other.

I suggest you try to win her back, the process should be exactly as if you just met someone you fancy. Send her letters (DHL), chocolates, flowers, shoe, bag including jewelry- just do what you can afford, forget that she is your estranged wife, assume this is someone new you desperately want to date. Then progress to hanging out where all you want to do is LISTEN. Dont impose, dont insist, just listen and work out a compromise. Above all, ignore external influences and listen to your heart. Good Luck
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 04, 2009
Becomrrich:

No mother in law should be the only person that can talk to your wife. Look i know my father , he would send you back. Any mother in law who think she is the only one that talk to her child, need pray.

who said that mother in law is the only one that can talk to his wife, she is the only one IN CONTACT with her so he should be nice to her if he want peace with his wife. no be him who wanted to have his parent talk to her?!

A mother in law is support to cut any tie with her child, so that her child can have a good home. Any mother in law who is using her child like love-vendor is not worth talking too. Any mother in law who is ready to be important in a child relationship is not worth of been a mother in law.

ok but a mother in law should not be removed from the picture either. that is HER MOTHER after all. she will always be in her daughters life.
leave with it or don't get married!

The word of God advice all parent to let go , the day their children get married. if that in law want to wait. She can wait forever. if she has my number , it is ok to call, but me call anybody, Noway. If she cant call na replacement for her child.

are you saying that your wife doesn't contact her parents anymore, the day she marries you?!

Like i said i trust my father, one to your lip. if you call him , he would tell you what is his business in that. that did he marry the woman for you.

can you read?! IT IS THE POSTER WHO REQUESTED TO BRING FAMILY TOGETHER TO TALK TO MOTHER IN LAW, not the way around.

People may call president yar adua name for given his child too early. but the man smart. the early the better, you dont want them to remain at home for too long. if not, they would be 35 years in thier fathers house.

that is prehistoric mentality, i feel sorry for your wife/slave, to each their own, i shouldnt even comment on that!

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 04, 2009
gamechange:

@Goin crazy

Wake up and smell the coffee. This issue is not about your wife not wanting more children, it's simple really, she does not want the union anymore. Any other thing said is just a smokescreen. I sense you as a descent outstanding human being who probably would take a gun for his wife, but the key is you and your 'runaway' wife have not been communicating, I can assure that if you asked her why she left, she would point to the fact that you do not listen (which has escalated to other issues). You have to understand that men and women are wired differently, Women need someone who listens to them not talk down to them, I bet if you had listened, you guys could have sustained the marriage. I devote half an hour a day to my wife where all i want to do is listen to her talk, no TV, no kids, just her and me talk over a couple of drinks, believe me it is refreshing and enlightening at how much you learn about each other.

I suggest you try to win her back, the process should be exactly as if you just met someone you fancy. Send her letters (DHL), chocolates, flowers, shoe, bag including jewelry- just do what you can afford, forget that she is your estranged wife, assume this is someone new you desperately want to date. Then progress to hanging out where all you want to do is LISTEN. Dont impose, dont insist, just listen and work out a compromise. Above all, ignore external influences and listen to your heart. Good Luck

well said, probably he should read the fantastic book called MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS.
he would have learn a bit from it and probably save his marriage.
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by 2Rich4U(m): 11:06pm On Mar 04, 2009
I fell off my chair over the comments below, grin grin grin

U know say na lekki, he fit no be so for there, but then, na 9ja, leave story,

But where I come from, if you be my brother, na me go finish the runs, go the house, slap the mama and girl, beat dem, carry boys go, collect the pickin, the cost is less than: 5-10k, just mobilisation, beat am, beat the mama,

Or better still,

If you get mama wey get craze for head, she go finish the job, go the house, collect the pickin, no story, no too much talk, that one na standard,
Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 04, 2009
IMHO, the wife has a job, an income which to her translates to what we call 'fu-ck you money' ie the woman never really loved you, but put up with you because she was  financially dependent on you. now that she doesn't need your support she feels free to show you that she never really loved you.  this sort of thing also plays out  when families travel overseas and the wife finds herself earning more than her husband.

i think more Nigerian women that we know are not marrying for love, but for security undecided

i'm sorry OP.  sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by DeReloaded: 11:54pm On Mar 04, 2009
she just got her degree oyb. she just wants to start working

since when is that a crime?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts: Doesn't Want A New Baby by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 05, 2009
it's all about CONTROL, this guy want to control this woman but he has only HIS MONEY to show for, so therefore it's much better for him if she ain't got a career so she can be dependent on him all her life , and therefore a slave to his every demand/wishes.
funny how this fits perfecty in the lifestyle of the "Flinstones" minded people who are suggesting to do a "drive-by child snatching"

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Delivers 11 Babies In One Night / My Neighbour Is Jealous For Our Progress / My Marriage Life Experience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.