Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

What Is The Right Age To Get Married? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Right Age To Get Married? (114754 Views)

When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? / What Is The Right Age For A Lady To Get Married? / What Is The Approximate Right Age For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by nicetohave(m): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2006
thank you mai sista----i tire o
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by kaylala(m): 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2006
wot kinda question is this? lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Olorididan(m): 3:11am On Jan 08, 2006
TO HOW MANY WOMEN??.............  LETS LEAVE THAT TO ANOTHER DAY EH! 

SEVENTY..... AND NOT A SECOND SOONER angry!!
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by nicetohave(m): 3:18am On Jan 08, 2006
gba o !!! thats the age, been on my mind all these while but feared id be criticized. Ive been waiting for someone to say the crap you just said cool
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by beautifull(f): 8:46pm On Jan 23, 2006
I think the right age to get married as a lady should be from 25-28, because when a lady get to 30 guys Begin to run from them.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by kaylala(m): 8:51pm On Jan 23, 2006
Get married when you think its convenient for you wink

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by inmopinion: 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2006
hey.......best age to get married....thats interesting.....
more than age, other factors that matter like financial,emotional independence etc etc that the rest of u hv so rightly put here......
i think the best factor is to listen to yur heart...and hear wat it says....
Did it say...............YES,I AM READY TO GET MARRIED...........go for it,but first attain the independence and maturity to make the right decision.... smiley
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by viviansam(f): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2006
The question is What Is The Right Age To Get Married?
Men.... the right age, when you are financially ok and can take care of the family. make sure you work hard to get to that stage of financial stability before 33 years and marry. Dont be a fool at 40 please. At 40 u shold have come of age..

Ladies.... 22-32. we are not the one to ask for our hand in marriage but the men...thats why I extended it to 32. Around that zone "3"age, I tell you a fact, desperation and desire to be married naturally comes to the woman.

But whatever age... one marries, God's time is the best.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by babymine(f): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2006
God's time is the best. What if you are over thirty n not yet married? What would you do? Kill yourself? grin
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by viviansam(f): 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2006
That is where the virtue of Patience comes. What will one do but to be patient and wait on the lord
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by treize(f): 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2006
When you're 100% sure you found the right man and want to spend the rest of your life with him.
You also have to ask yourself, am I ready for marrige or do I want to go nuts for a bit longer.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 16, 2006
There's a post from some fellow in here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-6926.0.html whos 24 and wants to marry. Purfect age, in my opinion. wish i had what he had.
I hate all the artificial mental limitations that this society has placed on the marriage age limit. See, if none of us had gone for any formal education, i swear, by 20 you'd be all married with kids. Haba! Some of you want to be players for as long as possible before settling down. For people like me, i ask myself "what am i waiting for?". It's not fair on us, the woman, her biological clock, various other things.

Did somebody say thirty? Oh boy, you go kill me,
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by kaylala(m): 8:56am On Feb 16, 2006
undecided
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by vinna(f): 9:35am On Feb 16, 2006
I think anyone who is not a minor can get married basically, but there are other things to take cognisance of before marriage apart from age. Things like:

1.  Emotional Maturity
2.  Financial Maturity: For a man (do you have the wherewithal to fund a family?) and a woman (do you have the wherewithal to be a virtuos woman who does not have to depend on her husband for every little expense?)
3.  Independence (can u make decisions without first runnin to mummy or daddy?)
4.  Psychological Maturity: Marriage is more than "Happy Ever After" we all hope it is, it has both the up and the down times. Are u mentally stable and ready to go through it all?

These and other things are stuff u need to look out for. If by the age of 20 your have attained all these, then my dear go ahead and get married!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by gbengaijot(m): 9:48am On Feb 16, 2006
l
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by vinna(f): 10:13am On Feb 16, 2006
Gbenga thanks smiley. There's a 36 years old guy presently pestering me and the only reason I can't date him is his immaturity. The guy thinks and behaves like a 17 year old boy 4 xrist sakes! He is (to my own opinion) not ready at all for marriage.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by luridguy(m): 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2006
one thing most people have agrred on is that you have to be financially secure be mature educated and all that but is that all there is to it some people will never have some of this things and they are having a great marragie we have to look at it from bothsides the most important thing is finding that right guy someone said something about a guy who behaved like a 17 yr old at the age of 38 if that guy finds the right girl for him she would like him because he behaved like a kid another mans meat is another mans poison find mr or mrs right and if takes you 30 yrs of your life to find that right guy then keep on looking and if trying to get educated or getting that finacil security and all that will make you lose mr right then get married and you can keep on chasing wealth or getting educated find mr or mrs right and marry for better or for worse

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by mobzy205(f): 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2006
mmmmmmmmmmm what the right age to get married? it does not have to do with age but a sense of maturity and reaching of the goals you want to achieve, anyone can get married when does things are available. basically, if u r stable and ready to raise children without financial assistance then you should go ahead. finally, the i think you should get married for ladies from 21 to 28 and men from 26-35. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by olat(m): 9:26pm On Feb 16, 2006
Ofcourse, this is a very sensitive issue,
After carefully, reading all submissions, I have learnt a lot from other pple postings, yet I feel i should still add my own humble opinion to this great (and dignified) forum.
Let me start by putting my humble self into pix. I am 28. I got married @ 26 (same age with my wife). I must confess to u we are both enjoying every bit of it (including the 'grey areas' - occassional financial difficulties, family intirgues etc).
However, I agree to all the submissions about maturity as in financial independence, emotional maturity, high sense of responsibility, management skills (including home politics) etc. But I think where we need to start tackling the issues from the root. All had to do with growing asap to handle issues on your own.
One basic problem I think we are having is that we get matured rather slowly these days. By 18years, say, after your secondary school education, u should start working to earn money by urself. Even if ur parents still sponsor u, u should start getting ur own independece from there. This will make u start taking decisions independently, facing 'real world' problems and tackling it urself, getting accountable and responsible for your own decisions. This will evidently train u for the future-when u 'll be all alone.
In contrary, I think we lean too much on our parents, that we have problem 'dettaching away from them'.
Having said that, the word, Right does not necessary mean an absolute value(s), there are exceptions. By that I mean, its not everybody that will necessarily marry @ that age (that does not necessarily portend luck or ill-luck). But it need be said here that we should all make a move towards marrying early enough-thats where the real life begins, whether to enjoy companionship or to bear children among other reasons. Thats the hard fact. Don't be an escapist!
By my own little exposure, I think a lady should marry (ideally btw ages 23 and 27) and a man (btw ages 26 and 30). Mark my words, IDEAL. Not everything works by the ideals you have to face the reality. I am neither an idealist nor a realist. I'm a PRAGMATIST. Cheers all members of Nairaland - Where the home and the diaspora meets.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2006
i wnt 2 get married @26
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 17, 2006
grin grin
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 17, 2006
I want to get married next year.
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:51pm On Feb 17, 2006
nxt year?al da best wink
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by nicetohave(m): 1:33pm On Feb 17, 2006
Gridlock:

I want to get married next year.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by treize(f): 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2006
u know I change what i said
Any age is right as long as u're in love wink
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by cushman(m): 1:52pm On Feb 17, 2006
21/22 for the females and 25/26 for the male
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by treize(f): 1:58pm On Feb 17, 2006
so age matters 2 u cush?
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by nicetohave(m): 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2006
well treize, in a way it matters on the whole, it doesnt matter to me but can love solve most of the problems that will arise due to the generation gap? smiley
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by cushman(m): 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2006
treize:

so age matters 2 u cush?

Not really. Age doesn't matter in any relationship. Infact, i can marry a girl 10 years younger or older than i am
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2006
geez! if i were a guy i wldnt wnt 2 marry an older gal
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by cushman(m): 2:11pm On Feb 17, 2006
Rhodalyn:

geez! if i were a guy i wldnt wnt 2 marry an older girl

Life is all about making choices
Re: What Is The Right Age To Get Married? by nicetohave(m): 2:14pm On Feb 17, 2006
Rhodalyn:

geez! if i were a guy i wldnt wnt 2 marry an older girl

wait until you become a guy, Rhodalyn cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Big Booty Chics...how Embarassing?! / The Trick I Used On My Girlfriend In Order To Know She's Been Cheating On Me / Queens Of Sex: Nigeria’s Multimillionaire Aphrodisiac Sellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.