Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times (25048 Views)

Obasanjo Steps Out For African Youth Governance To Promote Girl Education(pics) / Buhari Has Turned Governance To Nollywood —fayose / Shuaibu Salisu: I Delivered $47m In 11 Suitcases To Dasuki - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Nnadigoodluck(m): 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
The immediate past Governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Amaechi, has said that his administration left the state in a better condition, contrary to the claims of his successor, Nyesom Wike.

In a statement Tuesday, Mr. Amaechi said that his eight years at the helm of the state’s affairs were that of commitment to good governance and transparent and accountable stewardship to Rivers people.

On the N150 billion purportedly owed the state’s Ministry of Works contractors, Mr. Amaechi accused the incumbent governor of blocking an attempt by former president, Goodluck Jonathan, to repay the state funds it spent on federal roads.

“Rt.Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi inherited a state that was comatose and in dire need of infrastructure,” Mr. Amaechi said in the statement issued by Ibim Semenitari, the former Commissioner for Information in the state.

“Years of militancy and criminality had forced government and business in Rivers State to a standstill. He therefore embarked on land reclamation in our riverine communities and the massive construction of roads, bridges and interchanges all over Rivers State.

“Realizing that there is a direct link between state of infrastructure and the growth rate of any economy, it is to the credit of the Amaechi administration that by the time he was leaving office, he had completed 90 per cent of the Phase 1A of the Rivers State Monorail, completed two major interchanges, two flyovers, 25 bridges, and five shore protection projects. He also completed 890 kilometres of the on-going 1,424 kilometres of road projects across the state.

“There are over six land reclamation/shore protection projects at Andoni, Opobo, Buguma, Abalama, Olumbie/Owukiri Island, and Oba-Ama-Okrika with over 1,140,000km completed.”

Mr. Amaechi said that some of the completed roads were federal roads for which the state government was owed N108 billion.

“Mr. Wike as Minister of State for Education was among those who prevented former President Goodluck Jonathan from paying the Rivers State Government back these funds,” said Mr. Amaechi.

“It is on record that other states like Akwa Ibom and Abia received repayment for the federal roads they constructed. As at when Governor Amaechi was leaving office, the debts owed the contractors in the Ministry of Works, which were for ongoing road projects totaled N44, 942, 354, 44.10.”

Last week, Mr. Wike inaugurated a judicial panel to probe the administration of Mr. Amaechi. The governor had accused his predecessor of looting state funds, stealing properties from the Government House, and failing to prepare handover notes on the expiration of his tenure.

But Mr. Amaechi insisted that his administration left the state better than it met it, especially in the area of infrastructure.

“For the records, the Government of Rivers State under Dr. Peter Odili made substantial investment in Electric Power related Projects with the aim of mitigating the malaise of inadequate power supply,” Mr. Amaechi said.

“The Projects included generation (Omoku and Trans-Amadi 1), transmission and distribution interventions. Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi on assumption of office recognized the importance of improved electric power supply in the socio-economy regeneration of the State.

“At the time Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi assumed office, of the 350 Megawatts (MW) total capacity generation assets invested by the State, only 70MW (equivalent to about 20 per cent) was available. With enthusiasm, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi ramped up the efficiency to 77 per cent availability including injecting another 360MW Green Field Generation Project at Afam, of which 180MW have been commissioned and is in commercial operation.

“To mitigate the swing in efficiency and its debilitating impact on the economy, the State Government sought private sector operators and sold 70 per cent equity stake in the power generating assets’ company to NG Power HPS. For the transaction, the State Government adopted the same model as the Federal Government in the sale Egbin Power Plant. The sale was at a price per MW higher than all the privatization MW rate done by the Federal Government.

“The proceeds from sale of the equity in the power generating assets’ company was captured as income in the 2014 Appropriation Law and deployed into funding capital projects as appropriated.”

On the salaries of civil servants, Mr. Amaechi stated that they received their March salaries while payment for April salaries had commenced by the time his administration was winding down.

On the money owed to refuse contractors and the state owned football clubs, Mr. Amaechi said that he had left instruction at Zenith bank, as at May 27, for the payment of N488 million out of the N1.6 billion owed the contractors.

Mr. Amaechi accused the current governor of directing all the banks during business with the state government to ignore his instructions.

“The three clubs: Sharks, Dolphins and Rivers Angels were in arrears of 7 months by the time governor Amaechi left government,” the statement said.

“Before leaving office Amaechi approved the payment of 7 months arrears to the team but this was held back along with approved payments that the banks did not pay. Until revenue receipts began to thin down from the federation account, the Rivers state government was paying N50million every month as welfare package for the teams.”

Mr. Amaechi also said that despite inheriting pension arrears of over N4.5 billion, he left office owing three months of pension arrears to the main stream and two months of parastatal pensions.

The former governor debunked claims that he failed to submit handover notes to his successor’s administration.

“There is no truth in this as all commissioners and heads of MDA’s submitted their handover notes to the Secretary to State Government who forwarded same to the Head of the State Civil Service as is appropriate,” he said.

“Governor Amaechi also directed the Deputy Governor of Rivers State Engr. Tele Ikuru to be the liaison between the outgoing administration and the incoming one. Engr. Ikuru as Deputy Chairman of the state Executive Governor and second man in government had all facts necessary to brief the incoming administration. He also had unfettered access to government house and to every commissioner and head of Ministry Department or Agency.”

Source- http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/185593-how-i-delivered-good-governance-to-rivers-state-amaechi.html

Cc- Lalasticlala

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by kossyablaze(m): 3:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
LIES

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by freezone4real(f): 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
Amaechi tried for Nigerians, he fought the Clueless Government and won the Battle

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by innofyno(m): 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
Issorite
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Ahmed4002(m): 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
Issokay sha. wike keep witch hunt down
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by aare07(m): 3:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
Good for him

6 Likes

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Demdem(m): 3:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
The best Governor Rivers state have ever had has just spoken. More power to u.
A true achiever. Rivers will forever be grateful.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Belexy95: 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
Rivers state would forever be grateful to u Sir! God bless u!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Mogidi: 3:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
He delivered good governance hence his protégé was unsuccessful in his bid to become governor.
Amaechi is high on grade 1 Buhari urine.

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by bloodkiIler: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
Demdem:
The best Governor Rivers state have ever had has just spoken. More power to u.

Amaechi is a thief and after Wike finish with him even the illiterate Daura President the bastard kunu sipping gorilla will not save him.

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Demdem(m): 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
[s]
bloodkiIler:

Amaechi is a thief and after Wike finish with him even the illiterate Daura President the bastard kunu sipping gorilla will not save him.

[/s]

Joke of the century. Till date wike is yet to report the alleged looting of government house including kitchen utensils he claimed Amaechi stole. grin grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by bloodkiIler: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
Demdem:
[s][/s]

Joke of the century. Till date wike is yet to report the alleged looting of government house he claimed Amaechi perpetrated. grin grin

Don't worry by the time you see the Useless nonentity Amaechi roting in jail you go know.

all hail to wike the slayer of the lizard of ubima the kleptomatic Governor the servent of the gworo chewing bastard burukutu sipping gorilla Daura President.

29 Likes

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
ii find iit difficult to believe this man undecided
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by sammyj: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
Ameachi one of the most intelligent and best performing former governor untill Wicked Wike the interim governor provides evidence he did not rig rivers last election !!! cheesy grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by kay29000(m): 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hmm! There is no Nigerian politician that is clean. Even Fashola, if probed, might be found guilty of corruption. With that said, we all know this Wike guy is all out to assassinate Amaechi's character by all means. I just pray Amaechi makes it out in one piece, cos this Wike guy is bent on denting him. Wike the wicked. Anyway, for the men out there,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC

4 Likes

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
ama echi?

2 Likes

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by tolexy007(m): 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
g
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by otijah(m): 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
TRASH! Amaechi where did the election money in sponsoring Buhari came from?

10 Likes

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by thefakestan: 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
What is Ameachi?

Name of a person, thing or place?

ThefakeStan

3 Likes

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Geestunnar(m): 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
**yawns**
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Kufie(m): 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
Amaechi is my favorite cartoon character

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
Noted.

For your latest quality stone coated roofing tiles (Bond, Classic, Roman, Shingle, Shake designs) from DS Rooftile, South Korea.

Call/Whatsapp Lanre: 07036136517.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by mrborntodoit: 3:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
Amaechi the cuck sucker grin

The betrayal from Ubima cool

2 Likes

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by oluwafemi113(m): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
Amechi is the Man

Wike is just a fuckkingg noise maker

9 Likes

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Demdem(m): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
[s]
bloodkiIler:

Don't worry by the time you see the Useless nonentity Amaechi roting in jail you go know.

all hail to wike the slayer of the lizard of ubima the kleptomatic Governor the servent of the gworo chewing bastard burukutu sipping gorilla Daura President.

[/s]

hehehehehe..............Amaechi in jail, Another huge joke.
News Flash................Jonah-daft and sheppo have been booted out.
Checkmate. grin

9 Likes

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
It is truth but all Nigerian politicians are liars
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Helkayklassic(m): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
Mr Amaechi don't talk too much!
When will wike release his blockbuster movie? since he is now the new John Okafor.

8 Likes

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Opinedecandid(m): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
Stories for the gods.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by jaybee104(m): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
THIEF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by nmanma1(f): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
amechi, d fear of wike is d beginning of ur confessions

1 Like

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by BizBayo: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
whatever!

Who wants this space?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians To Pay N7.45/kwh More For Electricity (see Price List) / Timeline Of Events That Led To The Current Shiites Revolution (2007-2019) / Only Northerners Seek The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.