Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times (25122 Views)

Obasanjo Steps Out For African Youth Governance To Promote Girl Education(pics) / Buhari Has Turned Governance To Nollywood —fayose / Shuaibu Salisu: I Delivered $47m In 11 Suitcases To Dasuki - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by light004: 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! There is no Nigerian politician that is clean. Even Fashola, if probed, might be found guilty of corruption. With that said, we all know this Wike guy is all out to assassinate Amaechi's character by all means. I just pray Amaechi makes it out in one piece, cos this Wike guy is bent on denting him. Wike the wicked. Anyway, for the men out there,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC

The problem with Amaechi is that he talks too much and obviously have opened the door for these close scrutiny. Toward the end of his administration he made bold statements about the affair of the state that Wike will find it very difficult to run the state because of the poor finances and he forgot that he Amaechi was at the helm of affair and questions must be asked. A state that received over N2trillion was left bankrupt after his administration.

1 Like

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by olusipimp(m): 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
Niseamaka:

Are u sure u read my response b4 u replied with this?.
That's where you'll notice that he's having brain tumor,never comprehend bfor spewing out trash, tell him to receive sense cos all other senses had been washed away during his birth.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Demdem(m): 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
Ugojames:
Anytime I see a post like this I can't help but think the op of this topic is a fool!!! This same Amechi has not paid his workers in this case corpers who served as teachers in his schools, the last time he paid them was 3years ago, these are people who collect 10k for their services to the state and they work and teach the students without any sort of recognition from the state government.if you do the maths 3 years at 3 batches a year is equal to 6 batches!!! Who have not been paid 1 kobo,
Amechi has stolen our money 110,000.00 naira for each Corper for the past 3 years, op do the maths!!! angry

Amaechi stopped paying corpers about three years ago because its not a must to do so. Check the NYSC statues and u will discover that employers of corpers arent bound to pay and to those that pay its simply out of their magnanimity and not a must. Before then, he was paying as at when due but when income starts dwindling significantly, he needed to set his priorities right. there is no way he will be owning pensions and salaries and he will be paying corpers who already have been paid by their primary employer -FG.
He stole no money, instead he diverted the funds to much more important things in the state.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by ckmayoca: 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
bloodkiIler:

Sharap Buhari is a certified kunu sipping monkey

Wetin I do bros vexer?
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by tonychristopher: 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
Demdem:

He is currently in Abuja going in and out of Aso rock as he deem fit grin grin

Has he been made office assistant aka glorified messenger

What if his tummy has it leased
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
Since the return of democracy, no governor has performed like Rotimi Amaechi.
God bless the President.

1 Like

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by bloodkiIler: 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
Demdem:

He is currently in Abuja going in and out of Aso rock as he deem fit grin grin

Just like boy boy he is and will remain in his Hopless life
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Cyranho: 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
Great surprise for all!!! Follow this link http://jobncash.com/?ref=111577 and claim yours now
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by bloodkiIler: 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

God bless the President.

taaaaa sachie eze ule i ebea

1 Like

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by chrisxxx(m): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
It is no doubt that Amaechi performed in his first tenure. Ironically that was when Wike was his chief of staff. In the second term he was a total failure. He told Rivers people that he would not initiate new projects rather he would concentrate on completing on going projects. By all standard it was noble. Many people jubilated when Wike was not reappointed as his chief of staff. We had thought that Wike was cog as many believed then in the wheel of progress. However from indications it was actually Wike who was the brain behind all Amaechi's projects in his first tenure. One thing in government you can't account for money used even if they were diverted or misappropriated if there are no visible projects to point at. Amaechi rather used his second tenure resources to fight a sitting president and sponsor a presidential ambition to the detriment of all his projects and at large Rivers people. To those who believe Amaechi is being unduly maligned do Rivers people good by asking which of those projects he said would conclude in his second term were concluded. All of them were abandoned. He picked an avoidable fight.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by bloodkiIler: 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
ckmayoca:

Wetin I do bros vexer?
Sorry bro cool
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Demdem(m): 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
kenchylala:

The power plants before he left office he sold them and you say he is good, indeed rivers people can't forget him

did u read the opening post at all...........here it is again............

“For the records, the Government of Rivers State under Dr. Peter Odili made substantial investment in Electric Power related Projects with the aim of mitigating the malaise of inadequate power supply,” Mr. Amaechi said.

“The Projects included generation (Omoku and Trans-Amadi 1), transmission and distribution interventions. Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi on assumption of office recognized the importance of improved electric power supply in the socio-economy regeneration of the State.

“At the time Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi assumed office, of the 350 Megawatts (MW) total capacity generation assets invested by the State, only 70MW (equivalent to about 20 per cent) was available. With enthusiasm, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi ramped up the efficiency to 77 per cent availability including injecting another 360MW Green Field Generation Project at Afam, of which 180MW have been commissioned and is in commercial operation.

“To mitigate the swing in efficiency and its debilitating impact on the economy, the State Government sought private sector operators and sold 70 per cent equity stake in the power generating assets’ company to NG Power HPS. For the transaction, the State Government adopted the same model as the Federal Government in the sale Egbin Power Plant. The sale was at a price per MW higher than all the privatization MW rate done by the Federal Government.

“The proceeds from sale of the equity in the power generating assets’ company was captured as income in the 2014 Appropriation Law and deployed into funding capital projects as appropriated.”

70% was sold and they followed the same FG template. Funds accrued from it was budgeted for and utilised for the betterment of rivers people.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by kay29000(m): 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
light004:

The problem with Amaechi is that he talks too much and obviously have opened the door for these close scrutiny. Toward the end of his administration he made bold statements about the affair of the state that Wike will find it very difficult to run the state because of the poor finances and he forgot that he Amaechi was at the helm of affair and questions must be asked. A state that received over N2trillion was left bankrupt after his administration.

Hmm! You are right sha. Amaechi talks to much. And anyone that talks to much will reveal things that can be used against him in the future.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Niseamaka(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
bloodkiIler:

Yes kunu is good but over sipping it just like the bastard kunu sipping monkey Buhari is bad, his brain keeps getting duller. he should port to fura

How will u feel if you're elected as the president and just few days after moving into your new office, people starts making comments like yours above?. Even if u hate Buhari, let him work first b4 you judge him.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by PStacks(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
Wike Better be careful with Amechi.

Amechi was the first person to start causing problems for GEJ when GEJ supported 16 to be greater than 19 governors in Governors forum election.

Practically Amechi helped in send GEJ back to Otuoke.

Wike better be careful if he doesn't want GEJ's fate to befall him.

1 Like

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Demdem(m): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
tonychristopher:

Has he been made office assistant aka glorified messenger

What if his tummy has it leased

ur wish. siddon there, already his supporters has started taking over of NDDC
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by bloodkiIler: 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
Niseamaka:

How will u feel if you're elected as the president and just few days after moving into your new office, people starts making comments like yours above?. Even if u hate Buhari, let him work first b4 you judge him.

They started Gej's own after he was reelected in 2011 so maybe it's payback time angry

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by ICEMAN(m): 4:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
PStacks:
Wike Better be careful with Amechi.

Amechi was the first person to start causing problems for GEJ when GEJ supported 16 to be greater than 19 governors in Governors forum election.

Practically Amechi helped in send GEJ back to Otuoke.

Wike better be careful if he doesn't want GEJ's fate to befall him.

You are definitely not a PH man. Who do you think taught amaechi the game? Ask any Rivers State resident or true Ph man who taught amaechi the game he's playing. APC,PDP,CPC,APGA all parties including the independents if any will give you only one answer. Wike!
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! There is no Nigerian politician that is clean. Even Fashola, if probed, might be found guilty of corruption. With that said, we all know this Wike guy is all out to assassinate Amaechi's character by all means. I just pray Amaechi makes it out in one piece, cos this Wike guy is bent on denting him. Wike the wicked. Anyway, for the men out there,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC
I have problem lasting long in bed. the doctor said my partner is ugly, please all I need from you is to link me up. thanks.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by boujaye: 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
Amaechi should sharaaaap and droop his face in shame. If he is so sincere why didn't he prepare his hand-over note?

I don't think there is any other governor in any of the states that did not follow due process in handing over government to his
successor. Amaechi should be investigated, he is a disgrace to the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Buhari must use a very long spoon to dine with him, he is a devil.

1 Like

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Demdem(m): 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
chrisxxx:
However from indications it was actually Wike who was the brain behind all Amaechi's projects in his first tenure. .

Continue to deceive ursef............what significant thing did wike did has Obiaakpor chairman when he was the chief executive?
When he was minister of education, the only thing he was known for was his intention to sack the entire Nigerian lecturers. Nothing more.
Wike is empty, thats a fact
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by ckmayoca: 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
bloodkiIler:
Sorry bro cool

Thanks sir
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by bloodkiIler: 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
boujaye:
Amaechi should sharaaaap and droop his face in shame. If he is so sincere why didn't he prepare his hand-over note?

I don't think there is any other governor in any of the states that did not follow due process in handing over government to his
successor. Amaechi should be investigated, he is a disgrace to the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Buhari must use a very long spoon to dine with him, he is a devil.

Amaechi is a thief
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

God bless the President.
ibu onyi'ara!!!
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
bloodkiIler:

taaaaa sachie eze ule i ebea
Stop ranting. What do you know about Rivers State?
God bless the President.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Blitz888(m): 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
You can only connect with all that Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi has just posited in the above article if you knew the Rivers State of Dr Odili's era. Dr Odili's era was like living in 'Egypt' while Rt Hon Amaech's was like living in 'Goshen'... They were worlds apart on all developmental indices.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Demdem(m): 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
boujaye:

The former governor debunked claims that he failed to submit handover notes to his successor’s administration.

“There is no truth in this as all commissioners and heads of MDA’s submitted their handover notes to the Secretary to State Government who forwarded same to the Head of the State Civil Service as is appropriate,” he said.

“Governor Amaechi also directed the Deputy Governor of Rivers State Engr. Tele Ikuru to be the liaison between the outgoing administration and the incoming one. Engr. Ikuru as Deputy Chairman of the state Executive Governor and second man in government had all facts necessary to brief the incoming administration. He also had unfettered access to government house and to every commissioner and head of Ministry Department or Agency.”

If wike still have any question, he should ask Ikuru who was mandated by his boss to coordinate things. grin
For records sake, some governors were not present during handoverr. Jigawa for instance travelled out of the country a week before handover and didnt come back for handover . No law mandates such and its no offence.
Besides, Amaechi didnt travel out, he went to witness the swearing in of the commander in chief having played a significant role. His deputy was around to oversee things at home
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by bloodkiIler: 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Stop ranting. What do you know about Rivers State?

God bless the President.

i say Sharap Amaechi is a big thief with a virtual monorail as his project

useless servant boy of the illiterate bastard Daura President gworo chewing bastard burukutu sipping gorilla Buhari

1 Like

Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
shadowgwalker:
ibu onyi'ara!!!
You're learning Igbo. I'm sure you English is poor. How can you be using an apostrophe before and after two vowels? FYI, onyi is gift. Onye, which you're supposed to use, is a person.

God bless the President.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by Demdem(m): 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
Blitz888:
You can only connect with all that Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi has just posited in the above article if you knew the Rivers State of Dr Odili's era. Dr Odili's era was like living in 'Egypt' while Rt Hon Amaech's was like living in 'Goshen'... They were worlds apart on all developmental indices.

True.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
bloodkiIler:

i say Sharap Amaechi is a big thief with a virtual monorail as his project

useless servant boy of the illiterate bastard Daura President gworo chewing bastard burukutu sipping gorilla Buhari
I wonder what "resurrected" your foolishness. After Jonathan's loss, you went underground.
Re: How I Delivered Good Governance To Rivers State - Amaechi - Premium Times by abtmaviz(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
bloodkiIler:

Amaechi is a thief and after Wike finish with him even the illiterate Daura President the bastard kunu sipping gorilla will not save him.

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Youths Cannot Rule Nigeria - Bisi Akande / INEC Investigates Pre-filled Result Sheets In Kogi / Documents Expose Lawmakers’ Budget Fraud - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.