Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,239 members, 7,839,261 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546994 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 3:00pm On May 26, 2010
@CAPPADONA,
u changed your appointment from Lagos to Abuja??
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:17pm On May 26, 2010
femiflukis:

Well, i had my interview in Abuja, got there like half 6,
We werent let in till a few minutes to 8am, so, we had to wait a while, I was like the 20th person, i was nervous but confident,
Anyway,i was let in there were 3 interviewers, all male, 1 very nice guy , 1 moderate, 1 extremely mean dude(this guy was shouting at the top of his voice at several applicants and even threatened to have a lady thrown out),
Anyway it was my turn, i was about going to the nastiest guys cubicle(at this point i was worried but then i thought, all the more glory for GOD, if it had to be him)
Anyway just as i was about heading to his cubicle, a spot freed up and the nice guy quickly dismissed a fellow b4 me, and then it was my turn, )

ME:Goodmorning, ?(he doesnt hear), i say it again as loud as i can ,
Consular:Goodmorning, documents passports and i 20 please
ME;I PASS THEM ALONG
he puses, types a few stuff on his computer
CONSULAR; WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO IN THE US
ME; IM GOING FOR A DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMME, MPH MBA IN JOHN HOPKINS UNI
AT this point he looks at my I 20 throughly, now the amount the school said i had for the funds far exceeded the tuition and the living expenses ,
CONSULAR:HOW DO YOU INTEND TO PAY,
ME; MY FATHER;
i hand him the financial statements , he skims through them just checks the opening and closing balance,
CONSULAR;DID U WRITE ANY STANDARDISED TEST?
ME:YES ,, I HAND HIM MY GRE SCORES , WHICH WERENT BAD I HAD A 1400, NODS HIS HEAD ,
CONSULAR:WHO FILLED THIS APPLICATION AND WHERE?
ME:AT HOME, IN LAG,
CONSULAR NODS AGAIN
consular:have u been refused a visa b4?
ME;YES, 15 YRS AGO, WHEN I APPLIED WITH MY PARENTS FOR A VISITING VISA,
HE NODS, (DO NOT LIE , THEY HAVE THE INFO, )
ok, come and collect your visa at this adress, i contain myself and celebrate outside
GUYS BE ENCOURAGED, PPPL GET THEIR VISAS EASILY, (2DAY A LOT OF PPL DID)
JUST BELEIEVE DONT LIE, AND BE CONFIDENT,
GOODLUCK, AND GONGOASO FEMI, NETHACKER AND ODAS , U WERE PART OF THIS MO BERI
GOD, U WERE THE GREATEST PART ,

this is the kind of info i like hearing not d 1 of money doubling advert grin grin grin grin
who's next ===>>>
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 3:46pm On May 26, 2010
Visa not what now?
We are still counting
Then someone would say this is not the most successful thread in NL.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 4:06pm On May 26, 2010
femiflukis:

hey, guys got my visa, it was all GOD, thank u gongo aso ,aroy,femilangy, and odas toooo numerous to mention, this thread made me undersatnd that just tell the truth be confident , and trust in GOD,
WILL TELL U ABOUT IT AND HOW IT WENT LATER,

correct guy cool

Never for once doubted you will get the visa. JHU na beans lol
Nice interview BTW. Simplicity is key.
na God dey do am so. Congrats chief.
cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 4:08pm On May 26, 2010
femiflukis:

We werent let in till a few minutes to 8am, so, we had to wait a while, I was like the 20th person, i was nervous but confident,
Anyway,i was let in there were 3 interviewers, all male, 1 very nice guy , 1 moderate, 1 extremely mean dude(this guy was shouting at the top of his voice at several applicants and even threatened to have a lady thrown out),
Anyway it was my turn, i was about going to the nastiest guys cubicle(at this point i was worried but then i thought, all the more glory for GOD, if it had to be him)
Anyway just as i was about heading to his cubicle, a spot freed up and the nice guy quickly dismissed a fellow b4 me, and then it was my turn, )

ME;I PASS THEM ALONG
AT this point he looks at my I 20 throughly, now the amount the school said i had for the funds far exceeded the tuition and the living expenses ,
ME; MY FATHER;
i hand him the financial statements , he skims through them just checks the opening and closing balance,
ME:YES ,, I HAND HIM MY GRE SCORES , WHICH WERENT BAD I HAD A 1400, NODS HIS HEAD ,
CONSULAR NODS AGAIN
ok, come and collect your visa at this adress, i contain myself and celebrate outside

This is a nice 1. Please rememba to Thank God for this. Others we r waiting to hear the good news
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fagbon01: 5:12pm On May 26, 2010
@femiflukis Thank God 4 u man best of luck in OBAMA land.
we go join u soon,

@ALL FALL GUYS,
were are u guys now,
guys na GOD,lets jus believe in HIM.
surely we go laff last,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EmekaSamuel: 8:23pm On May 26, 2010
@femiflukis, CONGRATS !!! this is gr8t , things are going straight in the thread. @cappadona goodluck to you. i smell victory on ur side. mine is 8th next month @ Abuja,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EmekaSamuel: 9:13pm On May 26, 2010
@femiflukis, CONGRATS !!! this is gr8t , things are going straight in the thread. @cappadona goodluck to you. i smell victory on ur side. mine is 8th next month @ Abuja,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 9:25pm On May 26, 2010
Emeka Samuel, Abuja. Why not Lagos??
@all,
pls who has been to Lagos consul lately ooo
Everybody dey run go Abuja??
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 3:18am On May 27, 2010
The U.S. Department of State yesterday announced a worldwide increase in visa application processing fees for some categories of non-immigrant visas.

The Department of State said it was increasing the fees to ensure sufficient resources to cover the rising cost of processing nonimmigrant visas.

The U.S. Embassy in Abuja and the U.S. Consulate-General in Lagos will begin collecting the new fees from non-immigrant visa applicants having interviews scheduled on or after June 4, 2010, said a statement by the Public Affairs Section of the US Diplomatic Mission in Nigeria.

Applicants for all visas that are not petition-based, will pay $140. Application fee for petitioned-based work visas (H, L, O, P, Q, and R visas) is $150; for fiancé or K visas, $350; and for investor or E visas, $390. All fees are payable in U.S. dollars or equivalent in Naira, the statement said.

Guys going for interview should take note of this change in fee.
Goodluck to u guys
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by legzy100: 9:55am On May 27, 2010
Hello house i got my visa today at the US embassy Abuja.They verify my waec certificate and i was told to go and pick up my visa next tuesday .Please anybody going to the US embassy should go with genuine document because the consular told me i would have been ban from entering US for life if my waec certificate was fake.please take note

I want to thank you all ,gongo aso,Kenzema,pittbaby or so etc Thank you all you guys are the best and this US visa thread is the best on nairaland.

All new applicant just go through from section 1 to 80 read all, the questions the consular will ask is already answer here it work for me.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiflukis: 10:10am On May 27, 2010
Congratulations legzy, i think once you have submitted genuine documents and your case deferred pending administrative processing, you have one foot in america,
Pls guys, lets try and do the right thing(easier said than done) and try as much as possible to be of exemplenary behaviour when we get to the states(i will start from myself) , this visa stuff shudnt be a big deal, out of all the prospective students going to my school i was the only one worried abt the embassy,,,even guys from supposedly 'lesser countries'werent bothered, they even took their spouses along and were all issued visas,
lets remember that whether we like it or nt our actions affect others,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiflukis: 10:16am On May 27, 2010
I wonder what the rate of success on this thread is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,someone should consider doing this research
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by legzy100: 10:19am On May 27, 2010
Thanks so much bro,i understand your point here and will sure be of good behaviour .Yes this thread is the best we really need the research though.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 10:35am On May 27, 2010
@legzy, congrats
pls post interview questions.
Do you stay in abuja?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by legzy100: 10:40am On May 27, 2010
I will post soon ,i stay in Lagos just book my interview for Abuja .I was told abuja is better than lagos by everyone including nairaland.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 10:58am On May 27, 2010
Hmmmmmmmmm,
Mine is at Lagos oooooo.
@khunleah,
pls share your experience at lagos consulate
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by YoungM1(m): 12:34pm On May 27, 2010
Hello Guys, been reading this thread for weeks now and its been really encouraging.
Kudos to all on here.

@ Freeman 07, When is your interview in Lagos?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 12:52pm On May 27, 2010
I wish you guys a big congratulations. I knew you guys would have it and am so proud you never let us down. Bravo!!
Welcome to AMERICA.

Have u check out the eagle?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 2:45pm On May 27, 2010
femiflukis:

ME;I PASS THEM ALONG
ME; MY FATHER;
CONSULAR NODS AGAIN

Weldone my friend. Welcome on board. Have you collected your passport back? What date is on your I-20?

When you arrive, always remember God in all your dealings.

If we all would strive to be successful in our various field (after learning from the best in obamaland) then our country has hope because we will forsure move the country forward. Big Ups to Us all and Glory and Honour to BabaGod. . .no be se na we fine pass but na God de do am for us. .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 4:05pm On May 27, 2010
legzy100:

Hello house i got my visa today at the US embassy Abuja.They verify my waec certificate and i was told to go and pick up my visa next tuesday .Please anybody going to the US embassy should go with genuine document because the consular told me i would have been ban from entering US for life if my waec certificate was fake.please take note

I want to thank you all ,gongo aso,Kenzema,pittbaby or so etc Thank you all you guys are the best and this US visa thread is the best on nairaland.

All new applicant just go through from section 1 to 80 read all, the questions the consular will ask is already answer here it work for me.

congrats bro.
u see. . . told ya not to fret as long as u were sure you had the original certificate.

reminds me of a dude who was accosted during his interview and told his WAEC certificate is fake and all the dude could say is arrrrgh arrrrrggggh arrrrggggghhh!!!
grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 4:21pm On May 27, 2010
freeman07:

Hmmmmmmmmm,
Mine is at Lagos oooooo.
@khunleah,
pls share your experience at lagos consulate

Lagos is not bad, although u knw pple are always much here. Just be confident and more prayerful, once u r here on this thread u will get good report. Read all the guidelines, u wil get it. we r all achievers here. OBAMA don get us plenti grin grin grin,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by waleprizu: 9:32pm On May 27, 2010
HEy guys, I just started reading this thread today and i find it very interesting and helpful. I got admission and scholarship(including grad assistantship) to study in the US(MSc, Physics) and my I-20,scholarship and admission letter will arrive next week. Do i still need financial documents at the embassy since I am on GRA as stated on my I-20.
Also I currently work for a federal government research commission and I started work this month. Do I need to go with my appointment letter ad a prove that i will come back to Nigeria?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Mudley313: 10:43pm On May 27, 2010
Posted by: Cappadona123
Insert Quote
God is doing wonders here o!

what has god got to do with issuance of visa? nigerians sef
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 10:49pm On May 27, 2010
Mudley313:

what has god got to do with issuance of visa? nigerians sef
Anti-Christ in the building.You are on your own here o. I wonder how some people like u reason.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 2:58am On May 28, 2010
@waleprizeu

You should still go with your private supporting financial documents.With this you prove you are able to fund your education if funding from school stops.Fundings from school is always based on funds availability and might be withdrawn anytime if some conditions are not meant.

@others

Is NYSC completion mandatory for students going for graduate degrees?Does it affect the granting of the visa in any way?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Mudley313: 3:45am On May 28, 2010
Anti-Christ in the building.You are on your own here o. I wonder how some people like u reason

anti-christ ko, anti-christ ni

scandavanians are one of the most non-religious set of people but i bet they sure do get more travel opportunities than nigerians. saudi arabians are all allah believing muslims but dat dont prevent them from being issued visas. so, my question stands. . .

what has god got to do with the issuance of a travel visa?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 5:09am On May 28, 2010
Mudley313:

anti-christ ko, anti-christ ni

scandavanians are one of the most non-religious set of people but i bet they sure do get more travel opportunities than nigerians. saudi arabians are all allah believing muslims but dat dont prevent them from being issued visas. so, my question stands. . .

what has god got to do with the issuance of a travel visa?

I think u need to go back to school.How on earth would u say scandavanians are the most non-religious?
It's only a fool that would even argue with u here cos u are suffering from Attention Disorder.
U brought this statement to get attention but nobody would give u that here.
Mothersucker.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 5:33am On May 28, 2010
aroy1:

@waleprizeu

You should still go with your private supporting financial documents.With this you prove you are able to fund your education if funding from school stops.Fundings from school is always based on funds availability and might be withdrawn anytime if some conditions are not meant.

@others

Is NYSC completion mandatory for students going for graduate degrees?Does it affect the granting of the visa in any way?
NYSC completion isn't a prerequisite, jst get ur standard tests scores intact and trust me u will get it,
@kenzema, where the HELL hv u been? angry angry angry i can see dat these texas babes r really taking ur time, na wa oooo angry angry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 2:57pm On May 28, 2010
Post Removed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:36pm On May 28, 2010
aroy1:

@ nethacker

Thank you.Which GRE & TOEFL test center(s) would you recommend?How much did the test cost you in total sum when you took them last year?My email is aroy120@yahoo.com If am able to have yours, that would be preferable and better.
it depends on ur level, if u r coming here for grad, u will take GRE/GMAT depending on ur discipline but toefl is not neccessary.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 5:12pm On May 28, 2010
Post Remoed

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.