Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) (10633 Views)

My Crazy Pets, Ceed And Piuni / Keeping Your Pets Flea & Tick - Free For 4 Years / Where Can I Get Crushed Noodles Waste For Pets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2015
Tylerdan:

Nice thread knyte
In response to your question I'd refer you to the dogs genealogy (unfortunately in nigeria I have only heard of one breeder a rtd general in kaduna that maintenance his dogs genealogy) ok but to answer you dogs that become senile in old age tend to start to show aggressive behavior before finally getting to the all out point pls this may vary from breed to breed but since gsd are typical I'll use them as a typical example
They start to show signs of disregard for training
They become withdrawn and growl at nothing (it's believed they hallucinate).
They start to attack strangers
At this point they are almost gone.

Solution - If it's an all dog you have to put them down sadly. For younger dogs see a vet to confirm its not a missed vaccination manifesting in hyper aggressive behavior.
Prevention - breeding should be highly regulated and only mentally stable dogs with traceable pedigree should be bred.
Thanks sir, yes I know of d guy in kaduna. Thanks for shedding light on the question
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Tylerdan(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
knyte:

Thanks sir, yes I know of d guy in kaduna. Thanks for shedding light on the question

Thsnks
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Tylerdan(m): 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ok for the house I have a question which I'll encourage most potential dog owners new or old to give a thought to
Question 1. Are my right for a dog (should I own a dog) how do I know I'll be a good dog owner.
Question 2. How do I select the best breed for me
Question 3. How do I know a good breeder and what price range should I expect to get a dog.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by megasamuel(m): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
Was wondering, at wat age does a german shepherd puppy start walking?
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Prodeegee(m): 9:41am On Jun 30, 2015
megasamuel:
Was wondering, at wat age does a german shepherd puppy start walking?

I don't think the breed matters, dogs generally start walking from 12-14days
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 9:58am On Jun 30, 2015
Tylerdan:s question still remains unanswered.
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 9:00am On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
Question- please which month of the year do female dogs come on heat?
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
Bennymontana:
Question- please which month of the year do female dogs come on heat?
A: Btw 6:11mnths they get to have their first heat. All breeds
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 8:44am On Jul 05, 2015
Q: how do you handle dogs that have anxiety separation?
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Funmiladey(m): 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
today makes it 15 days ive mated my dam, plas what are the most likely physical qualities to be noticed on her?
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
Funmiladey:
today makes it 15 days ive mated my dam, plas what are the most likely physical qualities to be noticed on her?
Most dogs might not exhibit any physical changes yet buy some dogs can begin to show increase in d teat size and change in color.
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Funmiladey(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
Please what are the positive and negative effects of feeding a prgnant dam with fish intestine and cow foetus mixed with indomie or rice and beans?
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by sparksam: 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2015
Please ao many weeks should I wait b4 I get my Rott puppy from the seller. Thanks
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Funmiladey(m): 9:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
sparksam:
Please ao many weeks should I wait b4 I get my Rott puppy from the seller. Thanks
8 weeks at least
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by sparksam: 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
@funmiladey. Thanks.
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Godspearl(f): 6:45am On Jul 09, 2015
Funmiladey:
Please what are the positive and negative effects of feeding a prgnant dam with fish intestine and cow foetus mixed with indomie or rice and beans?
I was about to open a thread on zoonosis until i saw ur question...Foetus are some of the things we condemn in abattoir cuz of Brucellosis which is a zoonotic d6.and for u to get a fetus dt means an abortion occurred in d cow and d most common cause of late term abortion in cattle is Brucella bovis
except people now rear cattle get them pregnant and gives abortificients ooo.or maybe a pregnant cow was mistakenly slaughtered and d fetus was extracted and its been confirmed to be Brucella free.
But as we all know Nigerian will always say this vet people don come again...Brucellosis can cause recurrent abortion in ur dam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Godspearl(f): 6:49am On Jul 09, 2015
some other zoonotic d6 i will talk about when I'm less busy.. Tuberculosis in cattle and Toxoplasmosis in cat.
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Funmiladey(m): 6:51am On Jul 09, 2015
Godspearl:
I was about to open a thread on zoonosis until i saw ur question...Foetus are some of the things we condemn in abattoir cuz of Brucellosis which is a zoonotic d6.and for u to get a fetus dt means an abortion occurred in d cow and d most common cause of late term abortion in cattle is Brucella bovis
except people now rear cattle get them pregnant and gives abortificients ooo.or maybe a pregnant cow was mistakenly slaughtered and d fetus was extracted and its been confirmed to be Brucella free.
But as we all know Nigerian will always say this vet people don come again...Brucellosis can cause recurrent abortion in ur dam
ok thanks bro, what of fish intestine?
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Prodeegee(m): 2:16pm On Jul 09, 2015
Godspearl:

this is superb and detailed. ive been telling people about the effects of feeding with foetus. i guess youre a vet, how can i contact you?

1 Like

Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by kenedy175(m): 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
hello pet lovers! wanted knowing if Tibetan mastiffs are bred here in Nigeria? thanks!
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Godspearl(f): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
Funmiladey:
ok thanks bro, what of fish intestine?
Good if u can stand d smell
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Godspearl(f): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
Prodeegee:

this is superb and detailed. ive been telling people about the effects of feeding with foetus. i guess youre a vet, how can i contact you?
Yes I'm a vet my email.advmibadan at gmail dot com
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2015
kenedy175:
hello pet lovers! wanted knowing if Tibetan mastiffs are bread here in Nigeria? thanks!
Breed? I dnt think so but u can import.
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
Godspearl:

Yes I'm a vet my email.advmibadan at gmail dot com
Sent u a mail already

1 Like

Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by kenedy175(m): 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
knyte:
thanks for your reply
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
kenedy175:

thanks for your reply
U welcome
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Tylerdan(m): 2:04am On Jul 13, 2015
sparksam:

Minimum of 8weeks is recommended this ensures the seller has given your new pup the basic vaccines and she has been nurtured well by the bitch. Always consider that the pup is more prone to infection the younger it is so focus on the vaccination but try not to get her/him earlier then 8weeks especially if traveling
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Tylerdan(m): 2:06am On Jul 13, 2015
knyte:

There is a kennel up north that has a few not sure if the owner breeds but I guess ur best bet is as knyte said import
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Tylerdan(m): 2:12am On Jul 13, 2015
Godspearl:

Thank you so much we look forward to you write ups and a lot of shelf information been tossed around I look forward to been educated by you
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by usman901: 9:45am On Jul 13, 2015
knyte:

Would you say it looks like something like this without it been pressed?
my dog just gt cured from this. You need a vet. She'd be given anti biotics injection.
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
usman901:
my dog just gt cured from this. You need a vet. She'd be given anti biotics injection.
Yes antibiotics injection helps ds but doesn't say bot fly can't reoccur again. Try to keep the environment clean especially in terms of d feaces part and d fur of d dog as dry as possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malinois Puppies Available For Experience Hands. / A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 / My Friends Dog Was Humping On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.