Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) (10631 Views)

My Crazy Pets, Ceed And Piuni / Keeping Your Pets Flea & Tick - Free For 4 Years / Where Can I Get Crushed Noodles Waste For Pets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by okabe(m): 10:04am On Oct 01, 2015
Wen is the best time 2 start puppies on extra food aside breastmilk and what is the best food to start them off on?
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by calm3ga(m): 8:14pm On Oct 01, 2015
The hair around my puppy's nose and very close to his eyes are piling. Any suggestion on a possible solution.
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Visitor700: 3:48am On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by JOOHEL: 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
Please I want to ask a question?
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
okabe:
Wen is the best time 2 start puppies on extra food aside breastmilk and what is the best food to start them off on?
I'll say 4wks and above as soon as they get eat kibble or strong enuf to stand on their own. Best food to given dem can b either homemade or kibble as long as deres enuf protein in it
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
JOOHEL:
Please I want to ask a question?
Shoot
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
calm3ga:
The hair around my puppy's nose and very close to his eyes are piling. Any suggestion on a possible solution.
Wat breed is ur puppy?
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by JOOHEL: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
knyte:

Shoot
Alright. I have a female GSD that's 15 months old.
(This is her second HEAT)She was on Heat early last month and we crossed her with a german and rottweiler mixed breed.
After 2 weeks she vomitted this yellowish substance and I suspected it should be signs of pregnancy.
Then the 3rd week. She refused to eat, she was vomitting stooling Blood. I know it's not Parvo.
To cut the long story short. Our VET doc came over to tthe house and said he doesn't wanna give her injection becos she's preg. He said preg dogs don't take injections.
He later gave her injections and took her blood sample to check if she's still pregnant in his LAB.
3days later he called me and said the result was negative. . Chai!!!!. I was weak. Didn't knw what to do again!.
Well, This is the 5th week now. And I still feel she's pregnant. She sleeps everytime. Not active like before. Less aggressive. But eat more food.
Could this be that she's still pregnant. Her stomach looks somehow big.
Lemme try and attach her pictures to this post

Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by calm3ga(m): 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2015
knyte:

Wat breed is ur puppy?
Bull mastiff
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2015
JOOHEL:

Alright. I have a female GSD that's 15 months old.
(This is her second HEAT)She was on Heat early last month and we crossed her with a german and rottweiler mixed breed.
After 2 weeks she vomitted this yellowish substance and I suspected it should be signs of pregnancy.
Then the 3rd week. She refused to eat, she was vomitting stooling Blood. I know it's not Parvo.
To cut the long story short. Our VET doc came over to tthe house and said he doesn't wanna give her injection becos she's preg. He said preg dogs don't take injections.
He later gave her injections and took her blood sample to check if she's still pregnant in his LAB.
3days later he called me and said the result was negative. . Chai!!!!. I was weak. Didn't knw what to do again!.
Well, This is the 5th week now. And I still feel she's pregnant. She sleeps everytime. Not active like before. Less aggressive. But eat more food.
Could this be that she's still pregnant. Her stomach looks somehow big.
Lemme try and attach her pictures to this post
She's a good dog and u shld av gotten a pure bred gsd, am sure u wld av had amazing pups but that's not d issue. I would attache screen shoots of a pregnancy calender for u but at week 5 her teats shld b more visible by now

Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
calm3ga:

Bull mastiff
Hair arnd d eyes nd nose of a bull mastiff? Didn't d knw dey had fur up to that extent
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by klabi(m): 11:17am On Oct 06, 2015
Oga knyte about 2 weeks after my dog littered (gsd) she stopped eating, so I called on my vet doc he gave her some injections sha but didn't still eat ,later found out she didn't like crushed indomie I usually give her then I had to change it, for the past . - 5 days i ve been noticing her eating from d bin, eating spoilt food to be precise so I beat her anytime i catch her but still does it ....First y could she be eating from d bin and how can I correct it ...
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
klabi:
Oga knyte about 2 weeks after my dog littered (gsd) she stopped eating, so I called on my vet doc he gave her some injections sha but didn't still eat ,later found out she didn't like crushed indomie I usually give her then I had to change it, for the past . - 5 days i ve been noticing her eating from d bin, eating spoilt food to be precise so I beat her anytime i catch her but still does it ....First y could she be eating from d bin and how can I correct it ...
Eating frm the bin, gutter nd grasses can b attributed smtimes to lack of sm vitamins. I don't knw wat injections ur vet gave her but after whelping her system shld b flushed and Definitely multivitamins shld b given everyday to prepare her for her next season.
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by klabi(m): 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
knyte:

Eating frm the bin, gutter nd grasses can b attributed smtimes to lack of sm vitamins. I don't knw wat injections ur vet gave her but after whelping her system shld b flushed and Definitely multivitamins shld b given everyday to prepare her for her next season.
He dewormed her ,gave her one injection to clear her urine and also gave her one green capsule like that t was plenty sha...what multivitamin should I give her she wants to eat vrything good or bad ...
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2015
klabi:
He dewormed her ,gave her one injection to clear her urine and also gave her one green capsule like that t was plenty sha...what multivitamin should I give her she wants to eat vrything good or bad ...
Okay gve her petabs or vetzyme and no u shldnt gve her anytin she wants to eat. Just her feed alone wld do. What do u feed her?
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by klabi(m): 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
knyte:

Okay gve her petabs or vetzyme and no u shldnt gve her anytin she wants to eat. Just her feed alone wld do. What do u feed her?
I don't give her anything she wants to eat ..anytime she is released to play she starts sniffing n picking anything eatable...since I don't have time to buy anoda food I give her rice mixed with sardine sometimes eba and she eats it finish ...funniest part is dat I neva fed her those before
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
klabi:
I don't give her anything she wants to eat ..anytime she is released to play she starts sniffing n picking anything eatable...since I don't have time to buy anoda food I give her rice mixed with sardine sometimes eba and she eats it finish ...funniest part is dat I neva fed her those before
This habit just started?make sure u with her anytime she's bin released, anytime she wants to pick smtin frm d floor say stop, tell her to come to u once she responds to stop it and den reward her. That's tellin her she's a good girl if she stops picking d floor knwing she wld b rewarded
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by klabi(m): 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2015
knyte:

This habit just started?make sure u with her anytime she's bin released, anytime she wants to pick smtin frm d floor say stop, tell her to come to u once she responds to stop it and den reward her. That's tellin her she's a good girl if she stops picking d floor knwing she wld b rewarded
noted
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by solomonsojay(m): 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2015
my GSD...female.... Sasha....9months.

all good except she suddenly stop eating alot few days ago or maybe she hates rice n misses her crushed indoomie+gilled fish!

pls. what d best way to get rid of Fleas... its been my p problem to months now.
also he has been eatin tiny grass and even lick sand wen she goes outside to poo....
your help will be highly appreciated.
smiley

Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by Princepitbull(m): 2:38am On Oct 08, 2015
solomonsojay:
my GSD...female.... Sasha....9months.

all good except she suddenly stop eating alot few days ago or maybe she hates rice n misses her crushed indoomie+gilled fish!

pls. what d best way to get rid of Fleas... its been my p problem to months now.
also he has been eatin tiny grass and even lick sand wen she goes outside to poo....
your help will be highly appreciated.
smiley

Make sure you deworm her.......

Get her anti-flea powder as it seems shes more indoor. that will help reduce the flea then erase it finally

We humans dont eat rice or eba everyday of the week now..... get her something different for a change of taste.... dry food 1 or 2kg will be ok.....just to change the food flow........ and dose her enough codliver oil tablet for the coat (1000mg) 1 tab per day
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by solomonsojay(m): 7:39am On Oct 08, 2015
Princepitbull:

Get her anti-flea powder as it seems shes more indoor. that will help reduce the flea then erase it finally

We humans dont eat rice or eba everyday of the week now..... get her something different for a change of taste.... dry food 1 or 2kg will be ok.....just to change the food flow........ and dose her enough codliver oil tablet for the coat (1000mg) 1 tab per day
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by solomonsojay(m): 7:41am On Oct 08, 2015
Princepitbull:

lol cheesy
OK...thanks I will get those things today.
will revert after a week of applying the powder.

1 Like

Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by JOOHEL: 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
knyte:

She's a good dog and u shld av gotten a pure bred gsd, am sure u wld av had amazing pups but that's not d issue. I would attache screen shoots of a pregnancy calender for u but at week 5 her teats shld b more visible by now
Pls I can't see the pics well. Can u send it to me on whatsapp? 07036041666
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
JOOHEL:
Pls I can't see the pics well. Can u send it to me on whatsapp? 07036041666
Wld make d pics available to u wen I access my other device
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by JOOHEL: 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
knyte:
Wld make d pics available to u wen I access my other device
Okay bro. Thanks!
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by calm3ga(m): 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
My bullmastiff puppy eat stones and I was wondering if it's normal.
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by wahabdisu: 9:01am On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
calm3ga:
My bullmastiff puppy eat stones and I was wondering if it's normal.
Has the habit stopped?
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by wahabdisu: 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by calm3ga(m): 9:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
knyte:

Has the habit stopped?

No
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 6:50am On Nov 13, 2015
Question - Is force feeding your dog advisable?
Re: Questions And Answers( All Pets, No Exceptions) by knyte(m): 8:58am On Jan 10, 2016
Let's bring the thread alive once more
Question: What's the difference between a guard dog and a watch dog. Make una no start to Google d question immediately oo, frm ur own point of view how wld u explain it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malinois Puppies Available For Experience Hands. / A Diary Of My Last Visit To Dogbreath Kennel On The 8-10/ APRIL/ 2016 / My Friends Dog Was Humping On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.