Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? (83603 Views)

7 Reasons Why People Kiss With Their Eyes Closed / Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? Like Is It Compulsory? / How Do You Feel When Kissing Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by asanga(m): 9:26am On Oct 20, 2005
It beats my imagination that each time I see people kiss they always close their eyes. I will want to know the reason it is so, some say it is because love is blind.
Some don`t agree. Pls I want reactions.

asanga himself.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by layi(m): 11:13am On Oct 20, 2005
Some say its because the most precious things in Life can't be seen with the naked eyes. U have to look within...and that what lovers do when kissing.

But i think its because of the sensation u get. Its out-of-this-world so u probably have to shut your eyes from this world to savor the moment in its entirety.

Some people kiss with eyes wide open anyway.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by skima(m): 11:30am On Oct 20, 2005
I will like to ask first... how do u always kiss eyes open or closed?

Well if u r in the sensation u might close ur eyes if u like... but for me not always.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by delarontus(f): 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2005
When you close your eyes you savour in the moment and relive the experience which is just wonderful! Also, under the rules of etiquette, it is considered rude to look into the eyes of your partner while kissing.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by vexxy(f): 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2005
Because you're so close to the person, to look at them can make your eyes cross!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by mckaycee(m): 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2005
True Talk Vexxy, but I just don't know what I do when kissing, the most important part of kissing, is kissing with your whole heart and savouring the whole moment while it lasts. QED.......
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by mamba(m): 10:08pm On Oct 20, 2005
grin grin
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by mamba(m): 10:16pm On Oct 20, 2005
Kissing with eyes wide open will definitely cause disractions..
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by nike4luv(f): 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2005
make it more passionate
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by c0dec(m): 12:06am On Oct 21, 2005
nike4luv:

make it more passionate

i don't' think you've had your first kiss yet.

nowadays, i dey open my eyes wide and sharpen my senses because girls these days fit mob you in the name of kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by c0dec(m): 12:09am On Oct 21, 2005
there's also another question i'd like to ask as per this boy/girl thing but knowing seun, he might delete my post. well....who knows....i might ask. rolleyes
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by nike4luv(f): 12:23am On Oct 21, 2005
Posted by: c0dec
Insert Quote
Quote from: nike4luv on Yesterday at 10:23:10 PM
make it more passionate

i don't' think you've had your first kiss yet.

um..like wth do u mean..if u dont close your eyes, thats like your own
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by nddy(m): 1:28am On Oct 21, 2005
men closing your eyes makes look more like sex , thats nice
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by WesleyanA(f): 2:19am On Oct 21, 2005
there's no point opening your eyes. you're not seeing anything. i think it's synonymous with trying to kiss the TV with your eyes open, 1. it could be blindning
2. it's not like you can watch the TV anyways
so, why bother leave your eyes open when you can close it and save yourself some calories.

this post is dumb. ignore it because i'm not thinking straight.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by pharrod(m): 4:27am On Oct 21, 2005
HM MM, i can't be able to explain the sensation in closing my eyes while kissing.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by gabsin: 8:45am On Oct 21, 2005
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] I believe why we close our eyes when we dream?..when we cry?..when we pray...when we kiss?...that's because the most beautiful things in life are unseen..
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by skima(m): 9:12am On Oct 21, 2005
hmm @gabsin welcome on-board. I feel dat. Well its more sensation if u close ur eyes if u aint scared of anything. But ur scared...hmm Just think beyond this world and u will feel the thrill.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Greatpeter(m): 10:43am On Oct 21, 2005
Kissing? I don't know since I'm yet to have my first experience.
When I di i will let you know how I go about it.

But no need closing eyes, you've got to look deep into her eyes grin
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by otokx(m): 11:20am On Oct 21, 2005
i don't know.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by loveth(f): 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2005
well i have not have the experience,when i have,i will tell you.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Motee(f): 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2005
We prefer to hear your wedding bells (FIRST kissers) not “the first experience”. (This experience can lead somewhere unexpected)!

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Fox(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2005
It's mostly girls who close their eyes when they kiss and that's because they want to imagine that they're kissing Denzel washington or Boris Kudjoe and not you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by nddy(m): 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2005
may thats for alll the girls that kissed you
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by damygurl(f): 3:06pm On Oct 21, 2005
There r some people who kiss with there eyez open but most of d times closing ur eyez while kissing is an unconscious reaction. u r so filled with d passion u can't help it.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by nike4luv(f): 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2005
damygurl:

There r some people who kiss with there eyez open but most of d times closing your eyez while kissing is an unconscious reaction. you're so filled with d passion u can't help it.

thank you angry
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by nddy(m): 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2005
i still stand on my word, it makes you want to do the main thing
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by opeyemi(m): 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2005
I think it is by default that we close our eye when kissing. Na God create us so! If not who taught you to close his eyes when kissing.

I think the thing comes by intuition. It is like a new-born baby who just feels a breast in his mouth and begins to suck. Na hin mama teach am say na suck hin go suck abi na who? The baby could have equally start chewing with his gim like that.

A beggi na God jare.................
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by hotangel2(f): 5:11pm On Oct 21, 2005
Kissing with eyes close is just, like....... "awwwwwww, I feel so safe with you...Push me on the bed and let's do this thing!" cheesy When ur eyes r open.. it's like... "you don't trust me enough to be kissing me, that's why u wanna see the stuffs i am doing".

Even if it's just a 3 second kiss, you should close eye.. To me, it's just something that's normal. When you open ur eyes, That's just wrong, although some people do it.

People kiss and Close their eyes.. because, it just makes u feel... the kiss, the person.. and like Nike said.. PASSION!. Not seeing ur surroundings makes u focus on ur patner, and voila..... u r in dream land. kiss
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by Greatpeter(m): 5:13pm On Oct 21, 2005
I think I won't subscribe to this point.
How does closing eyes during kissing normal?
I disconcur.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by WesleyanA(f): 11:27pm On Oct 21, 2005
it's just a natural instinct that has nothing to to with anything.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by hotangel2(f): 3:46am On Oct 22, 2005
WesleyanA:

it's just a natural instinct that has nothing to to with anything.

Gosh u r amazing. It's like something u just do. I was actually surprised someone asked this question. I've always tot it was normal and there's nothing attached to it. I had to figure out myself that kissing with eyes closed is WAYyy better than with eyes open.
Re: Why Do People Close Their Eyes When Kissing? by allonym: 4:46am On Oct 22, 2005
i would guess people (girls especially) close their eyes because that what "romantic" moments are in many books and movies, especially those geared towards women. I personally keep my eyes open unless asked to close them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Woman Mistakenly Exposed Her Intimacy Gadget While Eating At An Event (Photo) / Men Touching Women Boobs In Public Bus Must Stop / Sex With My Co-Worker. I'm In Big Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.