Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,461 members, 7,830,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura (60044 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 28, 2015
i just hope this is a rumour.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by blackbeau1(f): 10:14am On Jun 28, 2015
I just blame gullible Nigerians for this. Change my a**.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by tucky200(m): 10:17am On Jun 28, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I've warned you times without number to stay off my mention, go and look for your mates aand stop taking advantage of social media to talk tto your aunt anyhow.

You are tooooooooo smaaalllllll to deserve my chat so go and grow beards first before you celebrate with your free MB
U don see before..I will stop quoting u the day u start commenting maturedly
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Mike008(m): 10:17am On Jun 28, 2015
He shouldn't stop at Daura, he should construct more helipads accross the country. I need an easy landing too.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by madridguy(m): 10:17am On Jun 28, 2015
Maintenance of the helipad is certain bro with very low budget.

neocortex:

You don't need to tell me what an helipad look like because I know,
all you need to do is show me that an helipad is "build once and use for life" with
no maintenance cost whatsoever. I promise that I will delete my post if you can prove that.
Waiting...
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Rawani: 10:18am On Jun 28, 2015
viktuur:
Not quite right
Even if the president flies directly to Daura with persons,
his chief of staff, advance team and principals will have to fly to katsina plus the road trip or the helicopter will have to do multiple trips which is risky.

They would most likely drive since Katsina is just 4-5 hours away from Abuja, and regardless of the mode of travel, the expenses would likely be covered by their own allowances so its still the more efficient option.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by neocortex: 10:19am On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:
Maintenance of the helipad is certain bro with very low budget.

A number will be more appropriate here , some millions per year.
Then we can now compare it with alternative.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by madridguy(m): 10:20am On Jun 28, 2015
So you just concluded that the helipad with still be wasting of resources ?

viktuur:
Not quite right
Even if the president flies directly to Daura with persons,
his chief of staff, advance team and principals will have to fly to katsina plus the road trip or the helicopter will have to do multiple trips which is risky.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by gbrown(m): 10:21am On Jun 28, 2015
delishpot:
If he like make he build airport. I no fit shout biko
WHAT,S THE FUZZ? HOW MUCH DOES AN HELIPAD COST? AN HELIPAD IS JUST A RAISED CONCRETE PLATFORM WITH LANDING EQUIPMENTS, THE TOPOGRAPHY AND LOCATION DETERMINE,S THE TOTAL COST, EX SENATE PRESIDENT DAVID MARK HAS AN HELIPAD ON HIS ROOFTOP AT IS HOUSE IN OTUKPO BENUE STATE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by wiseoneking: 10:21am On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:
Best response from a nairalander over the helipad saga.

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Rawani: 7:48am
Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could disastrously block the pilots visibility. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.
STILL LIVING IN DECEIT AND LIES. Sorry for your great delusion. Nobody can heal you again of this thought pattern. Ndoo!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Kojochyke(m): 10:22am On Jun 28, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
What do you expect when you have a dullard as president, may God help us for this new form of wastage being introduced.

Before morning, garba shehu and Adesina will beny it by telling us that its just a childrn playground.
dullard or not,ur fada will beg to be his house boy...mumu.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by qintus: 10:23am On Jun 28, 2015
blackpanda:

Dumbass. Its not a personal helipad. Its for federal govt. The helipad belongs to nigeria

Belongs to Nigeria in daura village maybe daura will soon become tourist centre in the zoo (Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Rawani: 10:26am On Jun 28, 2015
neocortex:

It is disheartening that you can call this a "best" response.
This response is meaningless and it is more of a distraction from the main issue.
The poster wrote "cheaper" as if he invented the word.
What he faiks to understand is that maintenance of the helipad will cost more in the long run
hence his feigned ignorance of the maintenance cost.
2 million Naira may build an helipad but millions are required for hpits maintenance on the long run.

#Saynotowastefulness.

There's no such thing as maintenance cost of a helipad. A broom and a mop and occasional re-layering is all that will ever be needed.

A heli-pad is an ordinary landing pad that is easily fabricated. There is nothing electronic or scientific about it. Peep the helipad your former Senate President David Mark built on the roof of his house in his village.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Rawani: 10:26am On Jun 28, 2015
neocortex:

It is disheartening that you can call this a "best" response.
This response is meaningless and it is more of a distraction from the main issue.
The poster wrote "cheaper" as if he invented the word.
What he faiks to understand is that maintenance of the helipad will cost more in the long run
hence his feigned ignorance of the maintenance cost.
2 million Naira may build an helipad but millions are required for hpits maintenance on the long run.

#Saynotowastefulness.

There's no such thing as maintenance cost of a helipad. A broom and a mop and occasional re-layering is all that will ever be needed.

A helipad is an ordinary landing pad that is easily fabricated. There is nothing electronic or scientific about it. Peep the helipad your former Senate President David Mark built on the roof of his house in his village.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by wiseoneking: 10:27am On Jun 28, 2015
hensben:
Love is my religion.
God is love and Jesus is the only expression of Gods love therefore make Jesus your love above all things. Jesus loves you. Happy sunday.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by nationwide1(m): 10:30am On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:
Best response from a nairalander over the helipad saga.

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Rawani: 7:48am
Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could disastrously block the pilots visibility. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.
Best response a nairalander?

How many people comprised the panel that adjudged it the best response?

Politicians thinking for Nigerian youths since 1960.

The silliest part of it was bringing Jonathan into it to justify the misplaced priority.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 28, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
I guess the helipad is for himself and his cows grin

Daura is now trending on twitter
You this pikin...
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by oparaaku: 10:34am On Jun 28, 2015
PMB is a wise man did GEJ build any in his time? So abeg papa even if it is sanitary pad please we need it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by neocortex: 10:34am On Jun 28, 2015
Rawani:

A helipad is an ordinary landing pad that is easily fabricated. There is nothing electronic or scientific about it. Peep the helipad your former Senate President David Mark built on the roof of his house in his village.

If am to believe you , this helipad will be the first constructed artefact that requires no maintenance!
A structure don't have to be electronic before it requires maintenance.
From your response , I think you view an helipad as just like plastering cement on an open field.
If that is the case then it shouldn't have cost more than 100k(that is on a high side).
I expect an administration that preaches/promises frugality to lead by example , not taking to an extravagant lifestyle.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by ikaboy: 10:34am On Jun 28, 2015
Poverty mentality has seriously eaten deep into Nigerians. What is all this hullabaloo about a helipad that some us have on the roof of our houses. An open field can serve as helipad. The only difference here is that the presidency has decided to give one of the open fields in Daura a presidential look and well structured to receive the no1 citizen of the country. What will that cost. Seems we don't like transparency and openness. Some persons will quietly do that without the knowledge of Nigerians.

God bless PMB
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by fx45(m): 10:34am On Jun 28, 2015
blackpanda:

Dumbass. Its not a personal helipad. Its for federal govt. The helipad belongs to nigeria
How many Nigerians fly choppers to Daura and for what purpose? Is Daura a tourist destination? You people will go to any length to defend the Daura President. I'm not surprised anyways..... Afterall you people said even if you catch Buhari and Tinubu carting away money from CBN vaults, that you're ok with it.

Good luck with your CHANGE! As for me and my family we dont have a president till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by wtfCode: 10:35am On Jun 28, 2015
a very dumbass person here said it belongs to nigerian government, as if naija go carry am comot 4 hin domot after he's done with presidency.
And another stupido said it will cost 2million to construct a helipad, as if dat money will be enough to hire the equipment.
Shey na from naija pocket dem go carry do the project?
Why are people soooo blinded!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by karanarklar: 10:36am On Jun 28, 2015
You guys criticizing the president are in the wrong. What do you expect him to do? He has the right to go to his country home to relax. I actually commend him. A man that respects his hometown enuff to choose it before aso rock. He is modest. How much is a helipad it is just a helipad.

You guys are misinformed.

#youthsrespectyourleadersinordertobringchange
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by condralbede(m): 10:37am On Jun 28, 2015
I guess Its still part of cutting down cost....We are really on onechanceBRT!!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Rawani: 10:37am On Jun 28, 2015
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by ideologies(m): 10:38am On Jun 28, 2015
It appears GMB is planning to visit Daura every weekend grin grin

Seriously, if all our former presidents were building helipads in their country homes how many private helipads will Nigeria have today.

Because after the expiration of their tenure the facility becomes a private property

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by nationwide1(m): 10:38am On Jun 28, 2015
blackpanda:

And you agree that's a priority at the moment?

Even if you agree for partisanship, I'm sure 99% of honest and civilized Nigerians will not agree.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by olalat(m): 10:39am On Jun 28, 2015
I doubt u know what a helipad looks like.if a chopper can land on a building, how will a concrete portion of land cost sir?
Franzeez:

2 million naira cannot even build a fence talkless of a helipad. I see you love PMB so much that you can't think.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by ZAMZINE(m): 10:39am On Jun 28, 2015
Goddex:
Buhari stealing by tricks since 1759........
Who becomes the owner of that helipad after his presidency?

That man is a big pretender

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by ideologies(m): 10:39am On Jun 28, 2015
karanarklar:
You guys criticizing the president are in the wrong. What do you expect him to do? He has the right to go to his country home to relax. I actually commend him. A man that respects his hometown enuff to choose it before aso rock. He is modest. How much is a helipad it is just a helipad.

You guys are misinformed.

#youthsrespectyourleadersinordertobringchange
what becomes of the helipad at the expiration of his tenure??
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by gogodaye(m): 10:40am On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=abeffiom post=35237778][/quote]

It will be monetized and its ownership transfered to him as part of his severance package......
Do not forget too soon...that is how it's done APC style....a sure ready example can be found in Rivers state were the erstwhile Commissioner of Information expropriated an amoured Lexus SUV after leaving office claiming that it was her severance package for serving in two termsvas commissioner......

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by baralatie(m): 10:40am On Jun 28, 2015
blackpanda:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............

"the helipad belongs to Nigeria and to be used by Nigerians"......
hahahahahahahahahahahahHHHahahahahahahahahah

so After his tenure,He go return naaa!

you funny,walahi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

OPC Members To Transform To Snakes And Lions To Fight Militants In Ogun / Buhari Arrives Army Parade In Military Uniform (Photos) / "Nigeria Is In Trouble" - FFK As Buhari Extends Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.