Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura (60045 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Okeikpu(m): 10:42am On Jun 28, 2015
1 naira for 1 dollar grin coming 4rom one 4ucktard from Duara or Daura.... nd Some mumu from the west bought into it. 4UCKTARDS!!!

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Rawani: 10:43am On Jun 28, 2015
neocortex:

If am to believe you , this helipad will be the first constructed artefact that requires no maintenance!
A structure don't have to be electronic before it requires maintenance.
From your response , I think you view an helipad as just like plastering cement on an open field.
If that is the case then it shouldn't have cost more than 100k(that is on a high side).
I expect an administration that preaches/promises frugality to lead by example , not taking to an extravagant lifestyle.

The point is that the cost of maintenance of the helipad where it exists, is far lower than the cost of constantly fuelling the Presidential jumbo jet to fly to Katsina, and then fuelling the Presidents entire convoy to Daura from Katsina airport, and then bear the same cost for the return trip.

I repeat, a broom, mop, and replacement bulbs are all that are needed to maintain a helipad.

http://www.neaams.org/programs/helipad-maintenance/

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by 234GT(m): 10:44am On Jun 28, 2015
Buhari should sit his lean ass in Abuja and change the country.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by olalat(m): 10:44am On Jun 28, 2015
Why spamming d thread den. Pretend as if u re presently living in somalia.
fx45:
How many Nigerians fly choppers to Daura and for what purpose? Is Daura a tourist destination? You people will go to any length to defend the Daura President. I'm not surprised anyways..... Afterall you people said even if you catch Buhari and Tinubu carting away money from CBN vaults, that you're ok with it.

Good luck with your CHANGE! As for me and my family we dont have a president till 2019.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Okeikpu(m): 10:45am On Jun 28, 2015
Making ways for Boko haram safe landing. 4ucktards!!!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by banme(m): 10:50am On Jun 28, 2015
Franzeez:
How does building a helipad solve any problem now!

and hw does it cause any problem??
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by edoyad(m): 10:51am On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:
Best response from a nairalander over the helipad saga.

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Rawani: 7:48am
Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

[b]Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could disastrously block the pilots visibility. [/b]The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.

At least PDP tried to lie any time they cheated us, they didn't try this, "YOU ARE STUP!D SO BELIEVE WHAT I'M SAYING" routine. The dust in daura will affect pilot's visibility? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by laurel500(m): 10:51am On Jun 28, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
Voting this man is d worst mistake Nigerians have ever made

how? please explain...
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by bigerboy200: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2015
Buhari not having a helipad in daura b4 now is much more reason why I believe dis guy is modest.. Most politicians have helipads in their private residences. Ask David Mark

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Lexusgs430: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2015
Goddex:
Buhari stealing by tricks since 1759........
Who becomes the owner of that helipad after his presidency?

That man is a big pretender

Remember he is an old man, and needs to start preparing his grave. What better dual-purpose that helipad could serve!!!!!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by edoyad(m): 10:54am On Jun 28, 2015
bigerboy200:
Buhari not having a helipad in daura b4 now is much more reason why I believe dis guy is modest.. Most politicians have helipads in their private residences. Ask David Mark

Federal Govt built the helipad in David Mark's house ? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by bigerboy200: 10:54am On Jun 28, 2015
edoyad:

At least PDP tried to lie any time they cheated us, they didn't try this, "YOU ARE STUP!D SO BELIEVE WHAT I'M SAYING" routine. The dust in daura will affect pilot's visibility? grin grin
GEJ + PDP will build it for 23 billion naira
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Okeikpu(m): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2015
@ ds modern time we allowed an old cow to become our president.... We r doomed.

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by ZAMZINE(m): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2015
ideologies:
what becomes of the helipad at the expiration of his tenure??

Go ask GOOGLE bros.... irrelevant question...., what happened to the one in GEJ's country home in outeke......

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 28, 2015
Imagine what Congress will do to Obama if he decides to build a Helipad...

1. In Chicago for his private use just to access his home

2. From tax payers funds

3. Just 30 days into his first term in office

Nigerian leaders are a joke!

The unfortunate thing is that the people allow themselves to be clowned!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Rawani: 10:57am On Jun 28, 2015
edoyad:

Don't be ignorant. Its called a 'Brownout'.

In aviation, a brownout (or brown-out) is an in-flight visibility restriction due to dust or sand in the air.[1] In a brownout, the pilot cannot see nearby objects which provide the outside visual references necessary to control the aircraft near the ground.[2] This can cause spatial disorientation and loss of situational awareness leading to an accident.[3] Pilots have compared landing during brownouts to parallel parking an automobile with one's eyes closed.[4]

The brownout phenomenon causes accidents during helicopter landing and take-off operations in arid desert terrain. Intense, blinding dust clouds stirred up by the helicopter rotor downwash during near-ground flight causes significant flight safety risks from aircraft and ground obstacle collisions, and dynamic rollover due to sloped and uneven terrain.[5] Brownouts have claimed more helicopters in recent military operations than all other threats combined.[6]

There are several factors which affect the probability and severity of brownout:[6]

rotor disk loading
rotor configuration
soil composition
wind
approach speed and angle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownout_(aeronautics)

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by augster(m): 10:58am On Jun 28, 2015
lucrownt:
Reading the post I think it is a good idea because it will reduce cost. BTW, Mr President we are impatient to witness the ever clamored CHANGE. It is becoming out of hand sir.. Do something tangible sir.... Why can't you read the post before asking JAMB question sir?
calm down bro. He just used a month. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by ZAMZINE(m): 10:59am On Jun 28, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Remember he is an old man, and needs to start preparing his grave. What better dual-purpose that helipad could serve!!!!!

What you wish him will be the portion of your father, uncles or son.

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Ayopercent(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:
Best response from a nairalander over the helipad saga.

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Rawani: 7:48am
Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could disastrously block the pilots visibility. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.

If you can afford a helicopter, you can probably
afford a helipad. The cost of building a lighted
concrete pad large enough for a four-seat, piston-
powered Robinson R44 starts at about $15,000,
according to Tom Schuman, vice president of sales
and marketing at FEC Heliports in Cincinnati.
However, he added, an aluminum rooftop pad
designed for a turbine-powered executive
helicopter and equipped with snowmelt and fire-
suppression capability could run $500,000.

http://www.bjtonline.com/business-jet-news/add-heliport-your-home
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by augster(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2015
Bad belle people you have to deal with it. Buhari is going nowhere. The earlier you realise the better it is for you.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by IBBG(m): 11:01am On Jun 28, 2015
Franzeez:

2 million naira cannot even build a fence talkless of a helipad. I see you love PMB so much that you can't think.
hehehehehheehe.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by ZAMZINE(m): 11:01am On Jun 28, 2015
Okeikpu:
@ ds modern time we allowed an old cow to become our president.... We r doomed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 28, 2015
buhari my mentor, no Bleep up ooo!!!
ever wonder how you can convert your unyielding internet surfing hours into COOL $CASH check this out!!!! www.infobiznaija.com/tolexandre nd kiss being broke goodbye. It's been tested and it's NOT A SCAM! THANK ME LATER
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Okeikpu(m): 11:03am On Jun 28, 2015
Change is here! Dem voted for an imbe cile dat cud hardly pronounce hs 4ucktard name as our president sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by blackpanda: 11:04am On Jun 28, 2015
nationwide1:

And you agree that's a priority at the moment?

Even if you agree for partisanship, I'm sure 99% of honest and civilized Nigerians will not agree.

Did u even bother to read the analysis of why it was necessary? Think before u pour out nonsense. Its helipad, not a runway!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nellybii: 11:04am On Jun 28, 2015
Goddex:
Buhari stealing by tricks since 1759........
Who becomes the owner of that helipad after his presidency?

That man is a big pretender

This is ignorance in action at it's best.
A helipad is not as costly as fueling a presidential convoy from Katsina to Daura. What is this noise about a less than 3m.naira structure? Haba? Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nellybii: 11:06am On Jun 28, 2015
blackpanda:

Did u even bother to read the analysis of why it was necessary? Think before u pour out nonsense. Its helipad, not a runway!

Don't mind them
This is ignorance in action at it's best.
A helipad is not as costly as fueling a presidential convoy from Katsina to Daura. What is this noise about a less than 3m.naira structure? Haba?.TANOIDS
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by neocortex: 11:11am On Jun 28, 2015
Rawani:

The point is that the cost of maintenance of the helipad where it exists, is far lower than the cost of constantly fuelling the Presidential jumbo jet to fly to Katsina, and then fuelling the Presidents entire convoy to Daura from Katsina airport, and then bear the same cost for the return trip.

I repeat, a broom, mop, and replacement bulbs are all that are needed to maintain a helipad.

http://www.neaams.org/programs/helipad-maintenance/

@ the bolded , from where ?
I guess you meant from Abuja. The cost from Abuja to Katsina remains constant
since an helipad does not replace a jet. In reality, the maintenance cost of an helipad is disproportionately huge especially when the weather is unfavorable. No wonder governmen5s are shelving the plans of building one.
Checkout this article : http://www.irishtimes.com/business/helipad-upgrade-at-galway-hospital-cost-more-than-three-times-original-estimate-1.2093273
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nellybii: 11:11am On Jun 28, 2015
danmike1:
Imagine what Congress will do to Obama if he decides to build a Helipad...

1. In Chicago for his private use just to access his home

2. From tax payers funds

3. Just 30 days into his first term in office

Nigerian leaders are a joke!

The unfortunate thing is that the people allow themselves to be clowned!

Helipad sounds like airport to you Abi
This is ignorance in action at it's best. Just Google and a little research would have covered your shortcomings
A helipad is not as costly as fueling a presidential convoy from Katsina to Daura. What is this noise about a less than 3m.naira structure? Haba?.Worthless TANOID
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Elfrancisco(m): 11:12am On Jun 28, 2015
Abeg e..... The Man is Mr President Joor. A Helipad isn'T that Bad after all he's to OLD 2 be on ROAD in the 1st place.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Mcowubaba: 11:16am On Jun 28, 2015
Franzeez:

2 million naira cannot even build a fence talkless of a helipad. I see you love PMB so much that you can't think.
Leave am..make him d decieve himself!!!!!
2 million...na soakaway him wan dig
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by francizy(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2015
tucky200:

@ lucrownt...shey u dey mental ni ??
I dey ask question and u dey insult me ,u want make thunder fire ur life

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

OPC Members To Transform To Snakes And Lions To Fight Militants In Ogun / Buhari Arrives Army Parade In Military Uniform (Photos) / "Nigeria Is In Trouble" - FFK As Buhari Extends Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.