Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,742 members, 7,827,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura (60030 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by 989900: 11:25am On Jun 28, 2015
In comparison to the alternative, I think it's a wiser idea.

The only cheaper alternative would be: if he never visits Daura in the next 4-8 years.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Kingspin(m): 11:25am On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:
Best response from a nairalander over the helipad saga.

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Rawani: 7:48am
Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could disastrously block the pilots visibility. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.
So our govs,ministers and senators can as well build helipad in their houses?I dont una insult ur sense. Is buhari ruling Nigeria from Duara? That man should know that he doesnt have age by his side and better behave like a good father.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Johnsmartinyang(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:

Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could disastrously block the pilots visibility. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.
.....i can see that u are using ur eyes to count ur teeth....buharians..always having escuses for even negative actions....which way Naija

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Rawani: 11:28am On Jun 28, 2015
neocortex:

@ the bolded , from where ?
I guess you meant from Abuja. The cost from Abuja to Katsina remains constant
since an helipad does not replace a jet. In reality, the maintenance cost of an helipad is disproportionately huge especially when the weather is unfavorable. No wonder governmen5s are shelving the plans of building one.
Checkout this article : http://www.irishtimes.com/business/helipad-upgrade-at-galway-hospital-cost-more-than-three-times-original-estimate-1.2093273

A Jet would no longer be needed as the President would be able to take off from the Villa and land directly in Daura.

I have tackled the issue of maintenance severally. The link you posted was for an upgrade, stop being mischevious. If you understood the article it would be clear they were referring to the overall maintenance cost of the hospital.

All you really need is a mop, a broom and some replacement lightbulbs.

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Reference(m): 11:35am On Jun 28, 2015
dvee2:
All this Mumu people that will comment without research. A helipad will not cost more than 4 million naira to build in Daura. It is a cheaper alternative than for the president using the katsina airport.

You don't get it. I warned that you guys will be on the defensive for the next 3 years 10 months simply because of the hype of your candidate GMB and the caricature of his opponent GEJ as one of extreme prudence and the other of extreme profligacy.

What were your views on Presidential transport: 'He will sell all the jets, he will fly commercial, he will limit his travels, his entourage, etc.'. And you expect no response to this.

I remember saying that in Republics the life of a Head of State is always under threat and he needs all the protection he can get but you guys went overboard in desperation for power that you made Buhari what he isn't and what he shouldn't. Not just in transport but also in many aspects of governance be prepared to reap the whirlwind of hype and propaganda. It will be a hell of a 4year ride that will leave yours not Buhari's reputation in tatters because he didn't promise to be a pauper, hermit, commando-in-the-junglesque type most portrayed him to be.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by slimfit1(m): 11:36am On Jun 28, 2015
Even me that can't afford to buy an helicopter fuel can afford to build helipad please don't make a force about it please. Anybody can build an helipad its not expensive at all. We cannot compare the Bayelsa that is always wet with Daura that is always dry and dusty common sense please and be critical in your observations. This is the only thing these thieves can use against him knowing that he is coming for them all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by pjc(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2015
Sai Buhari! And they said the redeemer is come. Obviously preping for massive looting to Daura bigots and his campaign Boko terrorists.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by CSTR2: 11:38am On Jun 28, 2015
blackpanda:

Dumbass. Its not a personal helipad. Its for federal govt. The helipad belongs to nigeria
dumbass.
Federal planes belong to Nigeria.
Why not ask them to buy more?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by natedalo: 11:38am On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:

He is most likely going to use the eagle one to fly to katsina then a helicopter would take him to daura. He is not going to fly from abuja to daura with a helicopter, i doubt it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:40am On Jun 28, 2015
Hate campaign hmmmmmmn
9inja I gbadu 4 una.
Most educated persons will just post careless comments without digging deep to find out the details of the whole thing. If we were this watchful during the Jonathan administration how come so many Billion Dollars were looted without any body questioning the culprits?
If he likes let him build it all over the sky I don't care. Any body that does not like it should just go and Puul Mngeren Ma Kpe!
:/:/:/:/:x:x:xcheesycheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by kentAire(m): 11:47am On Jun 28, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
chai, see unused brain for here

Na real unused brain!!!!!!!

the nylon wey them take wrap am still dey d body sef.

*i still dey laff* grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by ewizard1: 11:49am On Jun 28, 2015
I think these fools blarbing dont what a helipad is or how much it cost to build it.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by sunsewa: 11:50am On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:

no be only 2m,na 100k

no
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy and to what benefit will dat. Helipad be to the developmental process of the country whenn we are face with soo many challenges must he fly to his village in the weekends?? How many times has Obama visited Kenya Sinnce he becam president if not for the fact that he's a black man how many people have Evenn notice that he. Hails from Kenya, APC is a fraude by the time the booharist's finish with Nigeria's treasury all that will be left will be change

post=35236231:

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by ewizard1: 11:52am On Jun 28, 2015
slimfit1:
Even me that can't afford to buy an helicopter fuel can afford to build helipad please don't make a force about it please. Anybody can build an helipad its not expensive at all. We cannot compare the Bayelsa that is always wet with Daura that is always dry and dusty common sense please and be critical in your observations. This is the only thing these thieves can use against him knowing that he is coming for them all.

Abeg, leave dos mumu joor.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:53am On Jun 28, 2015
Rawani:

https://mile2herald./2015/03/28/jonathan-arrives-by-helicopter-in-his-hometown-otuoke/

madridguy :

gringringringrin

Plz bro...quit embarrassing yourself...helicopter can land in any open field or space...hence Jonathan was able to land in an open space as shown in your link...

The helipad he used hitherto was in Bayelsa government house not in any private village or house like buhari's in daura...

Jonathan never built any helipad in otuoke...so get your facts right...

Buhari is actually cutting down cost cheesy

Hope you saw he has incurred over 56billion as subsidy in 30days...and since he said he doesn't understand any subsidy thing and APC said there's no subsidy...It all adds up or means that buhari has so far stolen over 56billion from the treasury through his cronies...QED

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by dayold: 11:55am On Jun 28, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
What do you expect when you have a dullard as president, may God help us for this new form of wastage being introduced.

Before morning, garba shehu and Adesina will beny it by telling us that its just a childrn playground.
this is very very wrong, PMB is old enough to be you ground father and you call him that unprintable name. After all, what is the big deal about an helipad. Just a landing field, this shouldn't cause all these rancours.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by hasshams: 11:58am On Jun 28, 2015
The major problem of those critisizing gmb over the proposed Helipad is Illiteracy....most of them don't even know what a Helipad is

Some only know that it. Is something that has to do with aircraft and that is all...

Some even mistake it as an airport

Here are some pics of Helipads,wash your brain...it doesn't cost much, it doesn't cost much, a helipad doesn't cost much u illiterate!!!

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by lyntiffany(f): 11:58am On Jun 28, 2015
SweetSoup:
An Helipad that cost less that #5m to build, i think it will also be cost effective as compared to flying the Presidential Jet to and from Katsina every weekend.
Every weekend? did we vote for him to visit Daura every weekend?

One question for you, what's the economic importance of buhari's travelling to daura in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by delishpot: 11:58am On Jun 28, 2015
gbrown:

WHAT,S THE FUZZ? HOW MUCH DOES AN HELIPAD COST? AN HELIPAD IS JUST A RAISED CONCRETE PLATFORM WITH LANDING EQUIPMENTS, THE TOPOGRAPHY AND LOCATION DETERMINE,S THE TOTAL COST, EX SENATE PRESIDENT DAVID MARK HAS AN HELIPAD ON HIS ROOFTOP AT IS HOUSE IN OTUKPO BENUE STATE.

Thank you o. Like I said, I no get power shout jor. If he likes, he can build a train terminal and seaport in daura e no concern me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by delishpot: 11:59am On Jun 28, 2015
Cyriloha:

see guys to Me I must tell you that Mr buhari is just An Ordinary Ceremonial Manager or president however you will like to put another man is ruling and his just representing the unknown man. .......I thought be mow things no go be the same as we were promised. ..INSTEAD HE COMES UP WITH NEW STORIES EVERY MINUTE...WHAT HE WILL SAY NEVER DRIES FROM HIS OWN MOUTH! !!! THAT MAN SEFF

Na sidon look I dey my brother. I cant shout o.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by lyntiffany(f): 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
hasshams:
The major problem of those critisizing gmb over the proposed Helipad is Illiteracy....most of them don't even know what a Helipad is

Some only know that it. Is something that has to do with aircraft and that is all...

Some even mistake it as an airport

Here are some pics of Helipads,wash your brain...it doesn't cost much, it doesn't cost much, a helipad doesn't cost much u illiterate!!!
we do, but how many times will he be visiting daura that will warrant the éréction of a helipad

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by hasshams: 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
Let them here it woo, even me if I vex I can build two Helipad in front of my house...it is never a big deal...illiteracy of the word is making them vomitting smelly shit.
slimfit1:
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Charlesedet25(m): 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
Abeg mak una leav PMB, DAVID MARK wer get HELIPAD 4 him house 4 Benue who ask am wada him no der follow fight korruption?

helipad ko heliport ni
baba cawi go
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
A priest and a nun are lost in a snowstorm. After a while, they come upon a small cabin. Being exhausted, they prepare to go to sleep. There is a stack of blankets and a sleeping bag on the floor but only one bed.
Being a gentleman, the priest says, "Sister, you sleep on the bed. I'll sleep on the floor in the sleeping bag."

Just as the priest, zipped up in the bag, is beginning to fall asleep, the nun says, "Father, I'm cold."

He unzips the sleeping bag, gets up, gets a blanket and puts it on her.

Once again, he gets into the sleeping bag, zips it up and starts to drift off to sleep when the nun once again says, "Father, I'm still very cold."

He unzips the bag, gets up again, puts another blanket on her and gets into the sleeping bag once again.

Just as his eyes close, she says, "Father, I'm sooooo cold."

This time, he remains there and says, "Sister, I have an idea. We're out here in the wilderness where no one will ever know what happened. Let's pretend we're married."

The nun says, "That's fine by me."

To which the priest yells out, "Get up and get your own stupid blanket!"
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by neocortex: 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rawani:

A Jet would no longer be needed as the President would be able to take off from the Villa and land directly in Daura.

I have tackled the issue of maintenance severally. The link you posted was for an upgrade, stop being mischevious. If you understood the article it would be clear they were referring to the overall maintenance cost of the hospital.

All you really need is a mop, a broom and some replacement lightbulbs.

One thing you have avoided in all your response is giving the cost in numbers.
Except you can back up your claim with the required costs in digits , your submission still remains a mere conjecture.
It is easy to list items and trivialize the whole issue.
Good luck believing that a structure that costs more than 2 million to build requires only a slef-operating mop for maintenance.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Rawani: 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

madridguy :

gringringringrin

Plz bro...quit embarrassing yourself...helicopter can land in any open field or space...hence Jonathan was able to land in an open space as shown in your link...

The helipad he used hitherto was in Bayelsa government house not in any private village or house like buhari's in daura...

Jonathan never built any helipad in otuoke...so get your facts right...

Buhari is actually cutting down cost cheesy

Hope you saw he has incurred over 56billion as subsidy in 30days...and since he said he doesn't understand any subsidy thing and APC said there's no subsidy...It all adds up or means that buhari has so far stolen over 56billion from the treasury through his cronies...QED

You have no point. That picture was of GEJ landing in Otueke from Port-Harcourt, you have not disproved that claim.

Secondly, it is profoundly ignorant to suggest a chopper can land in any open field or space without consideration of the terrain. Google brownouts.

Finally, he is cutting the cost of fuelling the Presidential Jumbo Jet to Katsina, before proceeding with his convoy to Daura among other costs, since he can fly directly from the villa.

You have no points whatsoever, you sound like a drowning man grasping on straws to stay afloat.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by lyntiffany(f): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
989900:
In comparison to the alternative, I think it's a wiser idea.

The only cheaper alternative would be: if he never visits Daura in the next 4-8 years.
the question should be is he ruling from daura?
secondly, his visitation to daura will it be on a daily, weekly or monthly basis or when it's necessary?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Increases Minimum Wage To N25,000 / South-East Governors Almost Mobilized Buses, Trucks To Evacuate Igbos From North / Buhari Arrives Army Parade In Military Uniform (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.