Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261395 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by idyday(m): 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2009
Ecowas4all,pls i want you to help me out on google group reg.the moderator said i shd get a registered member to vouch for me.how many channels of mytv does the patch open?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2009
@Idyday & XWallace,
Please do not fret so much about the group. Just relax and contribute regularly on this thread you will be vetted and added in due course. The idea is not to bluff but simply to encourage people to experiment by themselves to either confirm what others have suggested on this platform or expose new ways of doing old things.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2009
@Salamander
Each time "short" people like myself climb on that dish we discover new things. After some more tweaking on sunday. W6 turned up but later went off. Right now Globecast transponder reads 71% while Equinoxe and Canal read 54% The troublesome 3994 of INTEl 902 also comes at 54% but breaks intermittently, citizen and the others are cool. So right nmow the troublesome ones are W3A and W6.
Also I mentioned that 8282 key combination to edit the BISS keys on my 53 X that key combination brings up other encryption methods apart from the BISS. the ok and info buttons are not available to rename the encryption protocol.
Question: how dids u get those keys which u wrote for me to read even on your old receiver?
second question, please text the key combination, can't trace ur paper. can't read the picture i took.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 10:33pm On Mar 09, 2009
@ecowas4all

well put.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 11:13pm On Mar 09, 2009
@Fofo,
Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:59pm On Mar 09, 2009
@ twinstaye - i expect u as a moderator to delete any link to patch or key in this forum. @ all - all issue about keys and patch should be discused only in the group, if u re not a member take some time and surf and search the net and contribute, get back to us with ur findings and the key ll be handed over to u, very simple. @ olofofo - take my word and dont initiate any new member till next month cos i smell rat!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mide2008(m): 6:26am On Mar 10, 2009
@Ecowas4ALL check the G group for the combination that will bring up the Biss table in any strong
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 6:37am On Mar 10, 2009
@PAS7/10 users,
Check this FTA feed from Congo daily especially from 1600Hrs GMT: 12639, H, 2340. Try V also if H does not favour your LNB skew.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 7:11am On Mar 10, 2009
@Mide
Thanks Man. As we say here in Accra, If you don't know it, You Don't Know It! No Way I could have thought about that combination. 2 Gbosas for You!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 8:25am On Mar 10, 2009
@ All
This recent patch release can we use it for Strong 4663X ? Pls advise If not any hope for this type.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sambass(m): 8:34am On Mar 10, 2009
Pitozen because dat u are member of group does not make u to open mouth and talk as u like some of us dat is not in the group are better than u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2009
jossybless:

@ All
This recent patch release can we use it for Strong 4663X ? Pls advise If not any hope for this type.

use the one with 4661x as part of the name and if you are loading for 4653x use the one with 4651x as part of the name. holla at him for any clarification.
sambass:

Pitozen because dat u are member of group does not make u to open mouth and talk as u like some of us dat is not in the group are better than u.

don't get Pito wrong, the truth is that membership to the group has to be earned. those that are members have earned the right to be there. just try yourself and impress the house and you will see how fast you will become a member too. Please try, no BELUS!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 9:34am On Mar 10, 2009
@ecowas4all

Good you were able to achieve 'something'. I've text you the code you requested.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 10:01am On Mar 10, 2009
@ All
Please there are New Software Open Jazeera Sports Channels that released yesterday I have uploaded to g grp you are free to check for all type of SRT4650,4651X, 4668X
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:11am On Mar 10, 2009
sambass:

my brother no bi fight, everything in that group can be googled up. Do u self a favour and research is for your own good. And dont attack me again cos  i might not take it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 10:36am On Mar 10, 2009
pitodenz:

my brother no bi fight, everything in that group can be googled up. Do u self a favour and research is for your own good. And dont attack me again cos i might not take it.

@ Sambass
Please this forum is where every body make research and pass any information gathered to all memebers if it however needs an amendments or whatever is left for discussions, so do not think Pitodenz is against you take it in a good faith and carryout research also. We do not allow exchanging of words against each other in this forum. We are in Season 3, so it is too early for all this. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:28am On Mar 10, 2009
@ George D
i need help to install diseq motor, how do i calculate the longitude and latitude . plz i need a guide from u guys.

@Pitodenz,
Sorry I was a bit late in coming to your rescue but I can see that F_marshal and Enigma
have more than done justice to this issue. That is what we are here for. When one
member is unavoidably absent, others can step into his shoes. The goal remains the
same: FTA smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:36am On Mar 10, 2009
ecowas4all,
This is the pix of my 3 lnb setup I promised to upload at the close of
season 2. Never mind the untidy tape and wires. It takes just a little
bit of improvisation to achieve.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:41am On Mar 10, 2009
Here's another close shot. Notice that the KU lnb is at the middle (i'm using premium lazer 0.3db for this installation). And the top C-band (supermax) is with dielectric while the one at the bottom (strong) is without.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:51am On Mar 10, 2009
@adewest/olofofo,
Here is the pix of the 2.5 we have been discussing about on phone. It is pointing to NSS7 C at
present and that is the lowest it can go west. I think ecowas4all also has a similar problem.
I tried adjusting the jack position yesterday to a point up the mount but it only got worse. Any
ideas what can be done to remedy the falling to the west?

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:54am On Mar 10, 2009
Here's another view. Any suggestion is welcome:

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2009
The latest update for strong works for mytv africa channel.    CHEERS!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2009
@pitodenz,
I need that starsat stuff with the USB. Let me call you to discuss.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 12:41pm On Mar 10, 2009
@George D

I like the innovation of ur 3 lnb holder.

@George D& Ecowas4all,

The issue with your set up I believe has something to do with the length of the jack relative to your dish size(2.4m i presume).I also want to believe that you are using 24 inch jack.

I use a 24inch jack with a 1.8m dish and mine could go as far as nss10(37.5deg W).The problem is the 24inch jack may not be able to extend long enough to push your dish beyond the 22degW as you both have it now.I suggest you go for the 36inch jack(of course cash permitting grin)

To ecowas4all in case you need to know,I saw one heavy duty jack for GHc140 (36inch) in a shop at A&C shopping Mall East Legon.They deal in satellite equipmnet and accessories.You may also want to enquire at the mytv agent.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2009
pitodenz:

The latest update for strong works for mytv africa channel. CHEERS!!!!
@ Pitondenz
Well I am still in the office and want to know does it open mytv africa channels or what kindly explains and the latest jazeera will debugg the freezing on jsc sports? or overide it
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2009
@ George D - about ur jack, i ll suggest 2 things for u : 1. Open ur jack and remove the limit device inside , by unscrewing one of the screw completely,slack the second screw, then shift the device out of the stopper and tighting back the slacked screw. 2. In pas710ku position, if the lnb with di-electric plate is the one on the third, then that might effect ur elevation. Above all i dont know whether the jack refuse to make further movement downward at that position, if so follow my first option.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2009
@ George D - about ur jack, i ll suggest 2 things for u : 1. Open ur jack and remove the limit device inside , by unscrewing one of the screw completely,slack the second screw, then shift the device out of the stopper and tighting back the slacked screw. 2. In pas710ku position, if the lnb with di-electric plate is the one on the third, then that might effect ur elevation. Above all i dont know whether the jack refuse to make further movement downward at that position, if so follow my first option. @ jossybless - i dont know about the bug free, all i know is that am watching mytvafrica channel after loading the patch.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2009
I think I'll side with Captainus on the issue of the jack. It has to do with the length. So guys, get yourself a 36inch jack.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2009
salamander:

I think I'll side with Captainus on the issue of the jack. It has to do with the length. So guys, get yourself a 36inch jack.
the jack in the picture is the normal jack that most people use.
@ George D
one more thing, remove that flat bar extender and fix the jack to the dish direct. I ve installed so many motorized comstar 2.4m dish till date to acquire a lot of knowledge about it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by satcoper(m): 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2009
@ enitan
I was out of the net duirng this week-end. Glad to get this so positive reaction from you. What is the next step?
@ all
this thread is really african genius on the move. Keep on movin on this track. Respects.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2009
@pitodenz,

I think what George D was asking for is a suggestion.It's all about opinion isn't it?At the end of the day it's up to George D to do  or not to do whatever is suggested here.

For example,I think the bar extender u suggested is another good point.By the way nobody here doubts your credential as an installer, we all have our little expertise  in some areas.Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by xwallace(m): 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2009
@pitodenz,jossybless,olofofo,gangsta,twinstaiye,adewest.could u pls tell me how to upgrade srt 4650 strong decoder.please ur assistances is so important to me.Givers never mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.