Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (260982 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by yaris(m): 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2009
Thanks black star
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2009
hello all, can I have the web site for ggroup? thanks, please I will like to know if the update for showsport on echolink is still work.I will be happy if you can send it to my mail box. wealthclimber2050@yahoo.com. THANK YOU ALL
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dorg3: 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2009
watch aston villa and liverpool on tv5 monde at nss7 ku, villa leading 3-1
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayu(m): 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2009
@ Ecowas4All, baba_egun
Thanks a lot for responding…
&it’s good to hear that you like Addis and Nairobi ….,

According to “Ecowas4All” info, the signal splitter should be removed and I should loop from either of the decoder, in order to access both locations once.
I’ll try that tomorrow and bring result here.
About ETV, it’s ETV Ethiopia; they actually transmit EPL, La Liga, and Champions League FTA matches. Sometimes tournaments like World Cup, CAN, and Athletics Champions &… are transmitted…
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2009
Hi,
I use MyTv, is it still possible to get free to air satellite tv channels on it? If it is possible please can i know how i can get it. The only channels i get on it are religious channels and i am feed up with it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2009
ayu:

@ Ecowas4All, baba_egun
Thanks a lot for responding…
&it’s good to hear that you like Addis and Nairobi ….,

According to “Ecowas4All” info, the signal splitter should be removed and I should loop from either of the decoder, in order to access both locations once.
I’ll try that tomorrow and bring result here.
About ETV, it’s ETV Ethiopia; they actually transmit EPL, La Liga, and Champions League FTA matches. Sometimes tournaments like World Cup, CAN, and Athletics Champions &… are transmitted…

please how can I get the ETV Ethiopia on my decoder? my using strong.please feq.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 10:11pm On Aug 24, 2009
tonguecheesy
@ all
been to alaba to get the compass and we got back home an easily located the w4 & w3a on 1m. Na whil we dey try find nss7ku wey no lost nepa off lite. Soo all play till 2morrow. We were also able to get a satfinder for #1400.
Like all things alightly technical, I guess it only takes a while to get the hang of it,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 10:56pm On Aug 24, 2009
all,
e.tv South Africa comes on on the feed frequencies on Sirius at night.I watched the comedy movie Stir Crazy featuring Gene Wilde and late Richard Pryor on Sunday night.e also showed epl Sunday afternoon via Supersport3 Africa,and later went off as Chelsea/Fulham match was about starting.

Adeexy,
When exactly do they descramble CFI for the matches?I miss CFI so much.

Enitan,
thanks a lot for speaking out the minds of so many of us.This is the reason majority of us no longer contribute.I was avoiding starting a war between the old hands and the newbies.Oga moderator,please take note of this.It is fast degenerating into something else especially with the re-emergence of big-mouth,big heart Enitan who can look us up in the face to say 't-t-' some days ago,even when he is aware that ladies are part of this forum.yeyeboy!Sincerely,some of the reoccuring questions could be annoying and frustrating!I feel George and Enitan.

Badaru,
thanks for hosting me Saturday afternoon.Great guy anytime!

Adewest,
no reply to my question on the cards that refused to get activated.regards to the family.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 24, 2009
I go vex ooo, why una no wan reply. I go full this thread with junks if una no wan help me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 24, 2009
@ yaris,
welcome back, mon ami.

@ bigmodo,
I still dont want to accept the fact that you are a mistake on this forum.
The emmanuel Tv u have on your mytv, do you pay for it, then why u dey ask of FTA again, dat one no do you enough?

@ tox,
thanks jare, most times i dont feel like saying anything again.

@ newbies,
to avoid unnecessary questions and the ones that have been answered, I've prepared a detailed Pamphlet titled "Satellite Installations for DUMMIES", if you are intrested in it, you can just give me a call on 08067055323, 08055458324. The price is just 5K (Non-Negotiable). Or better still if you aint intrested in the book, you can call me for live demonstartion of 2 hours for that same price to put you through. For those outside Lagos, Transportation will be covered by yourself.

Promo also is available: Install one Free-To-Air, and get one free installation
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 24, 2009
where are the following guys,
ENIGMA, JUJUKEMIST, GANGSTA101, F_MARSHAL e.t.c

I still watched MBC3 yesterday at a viewing centre here in jungle during the fulham/chelsea match, can someone on DSTV confirm to us if they are or not, if they are not, we all should try carry out a blindscan on our setups so as to reveal the new TP they taking refuge in.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 11:42pm On Aug 24, 2009
@ Enitan2002: I thought the forum was about sharing and encouragement on FTA. I can understand a book going for as high as 5k, you are what you read and all that. But instead of charging a fee for a demo, why not arrange a free day and get a few newbies that can come together to agree on a specific date and venue for a demo and possible live tutorial on this, we used to practice stuff like that for IT and related stuff back in OOU. You will be more appreciated that way, what do you think,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by monsterg(m): 12:01am On Aug 25, 2009
Help! Help!! Help!!! Dis goes 2 al da gurus in da hous,nw i'v ma pan 2wrds west &i trackd bou 50 channels incl. cnn,crtv,supersprt3&mny othrs bt on 3 of em' show.I beg wetin i go do to watch sm em.Vank in antcption
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 25, 2009
@ litaninja,
you ask for a story and i will galdly share one with you.

I started the journey of FTA fully in the year 2007, (not quite long) you can say. I installed my first ever dish in Oct/Nov 2007, the record is there if you go back to season 1. But before then, i've had so many theories with me to the extent that when i start a discussion with someone on satellite they think am a professional. But theories sweet pass practicals, and practicals na the 'koko'. My first ever dish was installed by an installer but under my guidance and supervision. i saw him do all the practical thinking to myslef that its so easy. I started telling people am an installer, but it was untill i started installing for people i got to know that IT IS'NT EASY, after collecting 5k i will stay under the sun tracking common mytv for 5 hours, which shouldnt have taken me 2 mins. I will be tracking due North instead of south. I even received insults along the way. It got to a point i wanted to give up on satellite installations due to so many unfortunate incidents i encountered. but I made up my mind so far i can be successful at "fishes'', why shouldnt I be able to make it in satellite installation, if i dont ever want to remain an UNFORTUNATE BEING. Cos its only an intellectual that have found something more intresting than SEX.
I suffered my brother no be small. So when i look at those who dont want to have such experiences, i see them as weaklings (am not sorry to use that). So, am not really intrested in the money i'll make out of the book. This is just to 'jinger' those 'ones' up and have this I CAN DO IT attitude, thats just it. So many people have called me for installation before saying they got my number from nairaland, and after tracking the birds for them, i normally tell them to pay what they can afford. The blessed ones among them pay me handsomely, why the cursed ones among them pay me like 1k, which is not even enough to buy menstruation pads for my numerous fishes. Well na curse i dey curse people of such sha.

So my brother, the intrested ones in book will call me up, and the idea you suggested can also be achieved by me if you organise yourself and pass a call across to me to let me know the date and location. Just know that, transportation, feeding and entertainment (fishes) should also be organize for me.

I LOVE YOU GUYS, EVEN THOSE THAT DESPISE ME, I KNOW I CANT PLEASE EVERYONE, BUT KINDLY ACCEPT ME FOR MY SHORTCOMINGS. SHALOM!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 12:33am On Aug 25, 2009
@ Enitan2002: Indeed, you are a great man. I rest my case.

@ Gangsta101: Chairman, sorry to pull you back such a long way. But I would like to have the cct for the loopback you did on the UPS, with the POT in the feedback loop. My trip to alaba got me thinking about my 650va ups, a 14v car batt, a solar panel and a charge controller doing something for my sat receiver. Ca you please send the details for the circuit and explanations, etc to my mail?

@ all: make day quick break o. I dey find nss7 ku go
smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 25, 2009
@ moon.
you are on NSS7 22w, get canalsat card at about 56k to view them. bye

@ litaninja,
your response made me remember GUINNESS ADVERT some years back, saying 'MY FRIEND UDEME IS A GREAT MAN'. lOVE YOU
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 12:53am On Aug 25, 2009
@ Enitan2002: Thats why we all hangout here. Also, i just remember something. While tracking our birds (Pas 7/10 ku & W4 ku), using a strong 4663x receiver i noticed one or two things. 1:: the signal strength seemed tp alway read bout 80 - 90 % till we hit the actual meab we wanted. 2: I had seen a lot of posts saying that one should wait bout 2 -3 seconds for the signal change to register on the receiver before moving the dish while tracking, but our experience was that the signal always registered IMMEDIATELY on the screen once we were in the right spot.
Why is that so? I was thinking maybe the wait 2 -3 seconds rule applied to c- band? Can you shed some light on this? tanx a lot.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 12:55am On Aug 25, 2009
@ all: i meant "remembered something" in the last post, na typo error tongue
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 4:54am On Aug 25, 2009
@enitan2002! hi greath uncle, congratulation 4 the success of ur fta book, 4 som people to read pravious thread was a big proble, not talking of writing a novel, despite u are goin to be fta lecturer, in few time now, i still advise u to sell the book nationwide, but bros, pls & plsss bring the price down to minimum that price is hiii, i want u to do that so that we can totaly overtake our enemies, moreover i we like to be ur agent here in Ondo & Ekiti state.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by monsterg(m): 6:21am On Aug 25, 2009
@enny,vanks 4 ur rply bt i nid 2 tel u d@ dose chans ar nt mainly on nss7 bt als on eurostar1,hotbird,telecom2d amng odrs.Pls wb jsc stffs cos m usin strong receiver&mayb usin softwar e'l solv da prob.Abt canalsat,do i av 2 pay evry month.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayu(m): 9:08am On Aug 25, 2009
usher8701:

please how can I get the ETV Ethiopia on my decoder? my using strong.please feq.

ETV can be reached  3910 L 2893 SR or checkout http://www.lyngsat.com/nss703.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayu(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2009
enitan2002:

@ newbies,
to avoid unnecessary questions and the ones that have been answered, I've prepared a detailed Pamphlet titled "Satellite Installations for DUMMIES", if you are intrested in it, you can just give me a call on 08067055323, 08055458324. The price is just 5K (Non-Negotiable). Or better still if you aint intrested in the book, you can call me for live demonstartion of 2 hours for that same price to put you through. For those outside Lagos, Transportation will be covered by yourself.

Promo also is available: Install one Free-To-Air, and get one free installation

It is good to know that one of the best contributor of this forum prepares manual for "DUMMIES". What I want to know is if it contains info such as the problem am facing now, and some other issuess like how to patch, card sharing, input keys and stuffs for different types of Decoders. If so please post the Equivalent amount in USD.
Thanks in advance
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 9:30am On Aug 25, 2009
check this site for some info Terms for Beginners
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by yaris(m): 9:54am On Aug 25, 2009
@enitan2002.
merci très bien, mon ami.
Bonne fête. Un Aimer.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 10:42am On Aug 25, 2009
Ayu, pls kindly tell us the schedule and time for this weekend EPL matches on ETV. thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2009
hi everyone,i got dis channel,AFNEX,ON 4123 L 2785,PAS 2 C-BAND,dey show only matches frm africa champs.league,2 FRANCE NATIONAL TEAM MATCHES,it is clear in CFI POSITION,can anybody help me wit d freq.and positn of gtv ghana,metrotv,& d positn of etv ethiopia,i use strong srt 4650
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Adeexy: 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2009
CFI is scrambled again as of this morning, I will check tonight when a live match is been played
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by arsenal1(m): 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2009
borderline:

hi everyone,i got dis channel,AFNEX,ON 4123 L 2785,PAS 2 C-BAND,dey show only matches frm africa champs.league,2 FRANCE NATIONAL TEAM MATCHES,it is clear in CFI POSITION,can anybody help me wit d freq.and positn of gtv ghana,metrotv,& d positn of etv ethiopia,i use strong srt 4650

ETV ETHIOPIA IS ON NSS703@57.O'E
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2009
borderline:

Check the following links:
http://www.lyngsat.com/ab3.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/nss10.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/ew4.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/nss703.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by okenze2003(m): 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2009
blexxonmax: are u online now
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by AlieninPH: 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2009
Hi all,
This might be my first post. But i have read all the past threads from part 1 to part 3, including the FTA FAQ.
I want to start by thanking Pitodenz for all his effort at putting me through the practicals of getting PAS 7/10 and later Astra 2B in PH.
My problem is that while i am able to receive Multi TV Mpeg4 channels and Ltm TV Mpeg2 very clearly via my Daarsat HD decoder, even in the middle of a storm and heavy rain there was no break in transmission, i have not been able to receive CRTV (Crown Royal TV) clearly, it breaks up every second even in fine weather with the signal strength alternating between 84 and zero %. The Strong LNB is skewed to the 3 oclock position standing behind the dish and looking at the east.
I will be grateful if any member who is using Daarsat decoder to get CRTV clearly, can advice me on what to do to get clear signal from CRTV with Daarsat decoder.
P/S, I get clear signal at 98% on CRTV if i use my Strong 4663X decoder.
Sorry for the long post.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by okenze2003(m): 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2009
Please is thru dat daarsat channels can be gotten free using strong decoder or daarsat decoder.
If yes please what is the frequency and is it ku or c band
Lastly can i get daarsat decoder at 18k at neibourhood wuse in Abuja
I wiil appreciate if any member of the house would assist
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.