Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (260973 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2009
@ cantel, am on mobile now, when am on my PC i'll gladly love to give u a reply. WATCH OUT!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olivierkbb: 9:17am On Aug 26, 2009
@all

Manchester vs Arsenal FC the 29th august on Viasat 1 ( Intelsat 902 C).

I have 1.85 dish with strong 4653X in ivory coast .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 9:22am On Aug 26, 2009
@Ecowas4all, i would like to thank you, was able to get pas 7/10 with 90cm dish, startrack receiver, Manasat is the strongest tp with 68% signal and 56% for all the other stations, my bro was the happiest guy on the planet that sunday. Here people are not interested on that bird because there are only english speaking channels and realized that to get easily that bird, it's better to track DSTV bird first and then this one will become easier to get.@ here in Brazzaville the majority (all) of dishes face the west coast due to the language barrier, people spend a lot of money for Canalsatan subcriptions instead of english speaking FTA stations, some are getting their eyes open now. LOL to all senior members!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olivierkbb: 9:29am On Aug 26, 2009
how to watch e.tv. the screen is dark and signal is high? I tried 6969, 6969 no success! I have a mytv africa subscription, strong 4653x
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by arsenal1(m): 10:29am On Aug 26, 2009
emeystan:

@all, please i need tips on how to track daarsat with strong decoder and 60cm dish
why not read fijbi's post on page 121 or better still still give him a call since you are lagos
@ borderline
borderline:

thanks blexxonmak & arsenal1[b],but dat etv ethiopa is on NORTH ZONE BEAM & gtv&METRO on NIGERIA BEAM,according 2 lyngsat.com,& i AV only recieved channels on easthemi,southwest,westafrica,westhemi beams[/b],pls let me know if i can get these channels wit respect 2 d beams recievable in nigeria,SOMEONE IN NTA ABUJA GAVE ME THIS 4 D NEW NTA FREQ.4.069 H/V 4.7021 INTELSAT906 33.5 E,I AVNT TRIED IT MYSELF,IF U AV ANYTHING NEW ON NTA,U AR WELCOMED
why don't you give it a trial
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by arsenal1(m): 10:36am On Aug 26, 2009
@ const6
I experienced the same problem but when I changed the strong lnb with premium2, mbc increased from 49% to 58%
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2009
borderline:

thanks blexxonmak & arsenal1,but dat etv ethiopa is on NORTH ZONE BEAM & gtv&METRO on NIGERIA BEAM,according 2 lyngsat.com,& i AV only recieved channels on easthemi,southwest,westafrica,westhemi beams,pls let me know if i can get these channels wit respect 2 d beams recievable in nigeria,SOMEONE IN NTA ABUJA GAVE ME THIS 4 D NEW NTA FREQ.4.069 H/V 4.7021 INTELSAT906 33.5 E,I AVNT TRIED IT MYSELF,IF U AV ANYTHING NEW ON NTA,U AR WELCOMED
@borderline.In regard to NSS 703,the following beams are receivable in Nigeria: [b]Spot B,Global,NW Zone and West Hemi.[/b]Also notice that you do not need a dielectric plate to nail Metro TV Ghana.

@all.To boost your C-Band signal quality try replacing your conventional dielectric plate with glass material of same dimensions.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2009
@ all
I say kudos for your effort is yielding good results.
However I would like to repeat here that in as much as we can come up here and make a post, we should be able to check www.lyngsat.com/satellite name. In most cases, here we can check for receivable beam in our location, know the average dish size required, know the transponder frequencies and their symbol rates, and lots more. From here, one can boil down to business, and taste the real thing-sweat it out!
I believe from here, one would have technical ?s to ask.
I feel its a good way for starters.

On crtv,
to me i was thinking the problem of signal freeze/break for about 2sec is a transmission thing. because its a complete off state.- i mean d green bar turns red at that moment, even when signal strength is about 75%.

@ Emeritus
To track a bird, u must know certain parameters concerning the bird.:
the longitudinal position of the bird- how many degrees EAST or WEST, Eutelsat W3a is on 7deg E
the tp frequencies-xxxxxV or H
the Symbol rate- that comes after the freq.
the type of dish u want to use, having known the size that will give u signal- offset dish or prime focus. ofcourse, 90 cm should do
the ELEVATION /AZIMUTH u need to turn from your area.- this u can judge from other dish hanging around
the skew of ur lnb- ie 3 o clock, 2 o clock- For eutelsat W3A, from my area, I skew 2 o clock. the signal is strongest when ur lnb skew is in phase with the incoming signal, completely out when skewed some degrees out of phase.

For mbc -mauritius,
Its like those guy go to sleep when man is trying to relax and watch them.though, thy go off-air most times.

oga modrator-Twinstaiye,
Georg-D, Enitan200000000000000, Dejsam, Pito., Constanc6, Blexxman, fijabi, Eko ti daa (ekonibaje), emmexi, 2 numerous to mention,and all my Ghanian fellow, U guys are great!
to new bees, she d thin easy?
but e de sweet abi?
so take tym, follow and practicalise.
enjoy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatufu(m): 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2009
Mbc is proving too stubborn for my liking.i have been trying to nail the bird for the past 2 hours but to no avail.should i go for premium2 lnb?how much is it and where can i get it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2009
olatufu:

Mbc is proving too stubborn for my liking.i have been trying to nail the bird for the past 2 hours but to no avail.should i go for premium2 lnb?how much is it and where can i get it?
If u are tracking mbc on W3A, I will advice u use 12728V/30000 to track or 10976V/3333. most tyms this mbc is off-air or their signal is not guaranted.
or u can try tracking Sirius 4 on 4.8 deg East, shares closeness to W3A, use this tp 12605V/29950. the signal is stronger than that of W3A .on this u should be able to get Aljezera, bvn, vox africa and globecast promo.
If u are able to nail Sirius 4, just move ur dish slitly to ur left, about 13 degress.
where are u and what dish size ar u using?
Remember the tips,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2009
@spaceman, you ar too good for my liking. God will continue to bless u. I wil forever appreciate u. BIG THANKS
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2009
@spaceman, you ar too good for my liking. God will continue to bless u. I wil forever appreciate u. BIG THANKS
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatufu(m): 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2009
I tracked w3a using 12728v 30000.it turned green but the mbc frequency didn't come up.am using a 90cm dish,strong 4653x and pauxis lnb.is their any other ku lnb that is more powerful in terms of quality than strong and pauxis?this is because i saw premium2 lnb in today's post and i have not heard of it before.where can i get it and at what price.long live the air.thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by yaris(m): 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2009
Arsenal vs celtic live on viasat 1
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2009
All Arsenal vrs celtic live on viasat 1
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayu(m): 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2009
@blexxonmak

blexxonmak:

@borderline.In regard to NSS 703,the following beams are receivable in Nigeria: Spot B,Global,NW Zone and West Hemi.[/b]Also notice that you do not need a dielectric plate to nail Metro TV Ghana.

@all.[b] To boost your C-Band signal quality try replacing your conventional dielectric plate with glass material of same dimensions.

Does this applies to all C band birds. particularly Intelsat906 64.2; since i couldn't be able to recieve tth above 2 transponders. EATV5 & TV Mozambiqu.  check out from  http://www.lyngsat.com/intel906.html

Plus, if possible show a picture, so that we can understand easily.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dorg3: 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2009
@all   arsenal vs celtic  also live on crtv
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2009
@ Dejsam,
The item has landed. I will inform you of the cost before forwarding.

@ George_D,
How far? Any success yet with that old 2.3m solid pan dish?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 5:33am On Aug 27, 2009
@all,thanks all of u great pple,i naild ETV ETHIOPA yestday & watchd arsenal-celtic ,any hint on channel 10 tanzania,no video?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by monsterg(m): 5:43am On Aug 27, 2009
Hi bro boderline,pls i nid a tip on hw u nail etv ethop&directn plz
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 6:33am On Aug 27, 2009
@borderline
channel 10, is on intelsat @ 64.2e
but not on the
old frequency, i.e
3.641V 13333
Channel 10 new
frequency and
new symbol rate:
3.909V 2.848,
signal quality on
my strong receiver is 41%
on, 2.5m/mesh dish motorised,
they are showing
sky news now,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatufu(m): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2009
Please i need a dvb s2 pci card for multi tv and at what price.pls i need it real quick and i need help on how to install and use it.i live in lagos.thanks guys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 10:27am On Aug 27, 2009
@MONSTERG,input 3910 H 2893, usin a motor dish,rotate carfuly btw TVT positn& CFI positn & watch d signal level,e.t.v is 80%cler
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 11:52am On Aug 27, 2009
@Olofofo/Twinstaiye,
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Calebsky(m): 12:08pm On Aug 27, 2009
Just came in. Never seen somuch information on fta in any forum.
You guys are doing a very great service to the fatherland. I read through the
faqs and feel i could do it myself. thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2009
@all,

Please anybody that has the uncorrupted file of ZETA should please forward it to my email as the one on the group is corrupted.

Please i urgently need this file today, please help forward it to my email sinewyconst@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by saadbash: 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2009
@All
Pls is anyone who resides in Kano getting JSC +5,+6,+7,+8,HD on Nilesat with a 1.8m dish. If yes please on what frequency.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2009
@const6. Check ur box
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ftalover(m): 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
U guys are doing great job. Hope I could join the club of 1-4metre dish owners. I dont have the space ooooo. Hence, could some one tell me what satellite could offer more apart from pas7/10 using a 90cm dish. Thanks to all the guru in the house.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2009
@blexxonmak,

Thanks a gr8 deal.

I got it immediately you sent it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2009
Is there anybody that know the game that 2m will show this weekend
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2009
what are the channels 1 can get at on Eutelsat w3a 7'E
my dish size plsssssssssssssssssss

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.