Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (260975 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayu(m): 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2009
@All
As I was advised earlier; looping through one decoder didn’t solved my problem. Am still not able to watch channels of the same polarity of different Birds. For clarity, I connect Disq switch From the LNBs; since I have 2 receivers then I use signal splitter, and connect each decoders at two ends. Now I start facing difficulty of accessing more than one polarity. (I know I can’t access different polarity of one bird at a time.)
If is there any way to resolve this case, please forward.

As an info,
@BADR4,6
• for supporters of Man Utd Club (MUTV) is @ AbuDhabi Sport 1&2, every morning.
• Delayed games of Chealsea, MU, Barca, Bayrn Munich (from club TVs) @nessma
• For Bundes liga, @Dubai Sports 1& 2
• Scotish league and some others @ KTV3 & KTV 3 Plus
@Intel 906; StarTV transmits most of the interesting sport events from Setanta Africa.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2009
@Emeritus153 Check on www.flysat.com click on football. there u ll see all the FTA that show match
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
Ayu great work.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatufu(m): 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2009
No epl on 2m guide for the weekend,just checked it.although i saw bolton v livpool(delayed) on their site last week but its not there again.can someone confirm if any of the feeds on sirius will show epl.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 5:20pm On Aug 27, 2009
saadbash:

@All
Pls is anyone who resides in Kano getting JSC +5,+6,+7,+8,HD on Nilesat with a 1.8m dish. If yes please on what frequency.

@saadbash,

u cannot get jsp sports in kano with 1.8m dish.it is on ab4 wide beam.the freq is 12456 V SR 27500
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
@ olatufu, no one can never tell whats to be shown on feeds. Thats why it bears that name.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2009
Also intrestg 2know dat in M/GURI JSC+8 Freq 12456v on NILE is receivable with 1.8m but ESPN 10930H NOT OK EVEN WIT 3m.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2009
Adewest,
pls what is your advice on the problems with activating the cards.pls what do we do?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2009
@all,
I'm finally back from my abode in the countryside.

Thanks to all good members who asked after me online and on phone.
BUTONEDAY, enitan, olubacher, Sathob, Dejsam, sayso, etc.

In my one week sojorn, I shot down two birds, tracked a third and proceeded
to try and bring down naughty nilesat with an abandoned 2.3m pan dish which
I got from dish hunting.

I have come back loaded with stories. Will try and download as soon as practically
possible.

CHEERS!!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@ George_D,
How far? Any success yet with that old 2.3m solid pan dish?

Bros, that old palle's dish na so, so wahala o! Thanks to your focal lenght formula, I was able to confirm that those guys just produced rubbish in the name of pan dish! Wrong focal length is
equal to many countless hours of sweating under the sun with no success! grin A big lesson to all
who go hunting for abandoned dishes like i did.

NSS7 could not go beyond 92%! What is the need of proceeding to nilesat? grin
Anyway sha, I had to postpone all installations since my time was up and I had to return to base.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2009
olatufu:

No epl on 2m guide for the weekend,just checked it.although i saw bolton v livpool(delayed) on their site last week but its not there again.
Hope the DS Thieves have not put pressure on them to stop their broadcast of the epl. on tuesday i also saw on their website , on their "programmes" link that the liverpool/bolton match would be broadcast on the 30/08/2009 instead of the 29/08/2009. it's amazing how all of a sudden epl schedules have been taken of their site whilst the french LIgue one sunday broadcasts still remain on their site. hope its not got any thing to do with the WIGAN/MAN U "no show" last saturday. let's hope for the best
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2009
@ George_D

Welcome back, Oga from the country side !!!.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by OhGrey(m): 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2009
Any one know where I can get a strong decoder with hard drive
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by graciousme(f): 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2009
@all its good to know that the HD bug is spreading.hope you guys are having a swell time.enjoy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2009
George d, I hail o! good to have u back though u didn't inform d house of your absence.@All Portugal vs france on Nss 7 ku.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2009
Dejsam:

@saadbash,

u cannot get jsp sports in kano with 1.8m dish.it is on ab4 wide beam.the freq is 12456 V SR 27500

@ all please is anyone in Jos getting jsp +5 +6 +7 +8 +9 HD with 1.8 dish. please help me Dejsam
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2009
George D,hw u dey man,hope your responce is good as mine,i love u so much man,EnitAn ,hope u are in lagos fully,I CANNT CATCH MBC 3 ON 90CM AGAIN,HOPE HITV KEYS ARE STLL WORKING on mbc3 george D,Am sorry .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2009
KUNGU OF KENYAN ,HW U DEY,i saw many of ur post on rdi ,very interesting ones,wat about etv.And much of free to air issues.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2009
@odilibe,thanks man,u ar 2 gud,ANY NEWS ABOUT NATION TV,no signals since? keep me infrmd NAIRALANDERS, @ENYTAN,BIG UP MR.FTA,c
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 12:48am On Aug 28, 2009
USHER U SOUND DESPERATE LIKE 1 OF THIS viewing centre operator. WITH 4m in JOS, dat JSC+ 12456V ON NILE is a CHILD-PLAY.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 1:30am On Aug 28, 2009
talksnaija, hope u got my msg ? firm regards.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 1:41am On Aug 28, 2009
2 THOSE on V-BOX sharing, sky italia on HOTBIRD is now incl in the booting.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 7:47am On Aug 28, 2009
adewest:

USHER U SOUND DESPERATE LIKE 1 OF THIS viewing centre operator. WITH 4m in JOS, dat JSC+ 12456V ON NILE is a CHILD-PLAY.

are you saying I can get the channels with 4m dish?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 9:21am On Aug 28, 2009
ekonibaje:

George D,hw u dey man,hope your responce is good as mine,i love u so much man,EnitAn ,hope u are in lagos fully,I CANNT CATCH MBC 3 ON 90CM AGAIN,HOPE HITV KEYS ARE STLL WORKING on mbc3 george D,Am sorry .

W3A becomes difficult to catch now and the signal quality dropped, this situation is everywhere don't move your installations, we must bear in mind three hypothesis:
1-The most known is the weather where you are receiving that bird, is it good?
2-The W3A satellite isn't it being maintenained or didn't it lost a little bit its latitude or longitude? we all know, that bird is still young, its solar pannels and fuel(ergol) must not bring about that situation;
3-Finally, we must not ignore this important aspect, the bird signal strenght depends also on where the uplink signal is sent, since MBC is from Mauritius, we must check whether the weather is good or bad in this period of the year in that country. this is my small contribution to our beloved fta W3A signal drop.
@George_D your absence was very remarkable on the forum, we hope you came back with new info, welcome!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 9:23am On Aug 28, 2009
first of all my greatest thanks goes to Enitan, who encourage me all the way, and i will also say a BIG THANK YOU. to Sammo who travel some km to help me the tracking of Multi tv. i finally got it yesterday. now i belong to the family!!!!!!! thanks to all
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by gofitech(m): 9:58am On Aug 28, 2009
borderline:

@odilibe,thanks man,u ar 2 gud,ANY NEWS ABOUT NATION TV,no signals since?

@borderline

the Nation Tv has always been on intelsat902. the snag is that they have move to DVB S2 HD. you can only watch it with HD DVBS2 box
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2009
Enitan,

Hello, i no go anywhere o, i dey all this while, i have been following the thread from my mobile phone's browser and posting intermittently. only that these days my laptop's connection has been bad, so posting has not been very regular. Also, i have always tried to make my comment to be educational in nature, but these days, my motorised setup is not so good, so i hardly am able to make any new discoveries. but i still dey sha.
Na Enigma na him be the real invisible man.

Litaninja,

i did see your request about the UPS issue. I have always been ashamed of myself that i mentioned it, but never took out time to write out a detailed "how to" for interested persons. Anyway, i was on a few days trip to lagos when i saw your request, so i took out my time to write out this Article. it is quite easy when you get the hang of it. if you are not an expert, get someone who is to review the article for you and show you how to progress. if you need any help, let me know. my email is available if you click on my user
The file is attached below, i have also posted it as an article here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-316124.0.html#msg4438508

. All the best.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ketigoi: 10:26am On Aug 28, 2009
the Nation Tv has always been on intelsat902. the snag is that they have move to DVB S2 HD. you can only watch it with HD DVBS2 box

The nation tv is receivable with mpeg4 receiver
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 10:30am On Aug 28, 2009
For now, multi tv rules, am thinking of getting a smaller dish for d daarsat thing, i learnt their channels are free for now, even though its all local channels,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 10:30am On Aug 28, 2009
@GOFITECH, okay,i give up on dem 4 now,am out 2 hunt MULTITV GTV,& METRO TV, WISH ME SUCESS 2DAY,ENJOY,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by gofitech(m): 11:00am On Aug 28, 2009
@borderline

i wish you success. note that GTV is included in MULTITV package.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by monsterg(m): 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2009
Kudos 2 all da BROS n d house,infact u'r doin gr8 wrk on FTA&its so commendable.To my big bros ENNY,BORDERLINE&othrs pls i usd 2 track mst tp u drpd hr bt dr nt viewable on my strng SRT4640 MPEG2.I av 90cm pan wd strng lnbf.Plzzzz.

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.