Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (260988 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2009
usher8701:

are you saying I can get the channels with 4m dish?

Affirmative my friend.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Fadajasi(m): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2009
Hmm
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2009
@ Gangsta 101: Tanx a bunch. I just downloaded the doc file you attached. At first glance, I am quite sure it carries all the info i'll need. I could not access the post included on the board though. I'm quite handy with soldering iron, i'll manage. Thank you very much. 3 GBOSA FOR YOU JO!!! cheesy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2009
monsterg:

Kudos 2 all da BROS n d house,infact u'r doin gr8 wrk on FTA&its so commendable.To my big bros ENNY,BORDERLINE&othrs pls i usd 2 track mst tp u drpd hr bt dr nt viewable on my strng SRT4640 MPEG2.I av 90cm pan wd strng lnbf.Plzzzz.
,,,,@monsterg,if i get i get u right,u ar sayin channels like ETV ETHIOPIA AR NOT RECIEVABLE ON UR DECODER,BUT I USED D STRONG SRT 4650 DECODER TO TRACK THOSE CHANNELS,DONT GIVE UP YET,KEEP TRYING,dat is d spirit of nairaland,am sure u wil track dem wit gud signals,remember etv is on nss7 c band 57"east,they wil also be showin arsenal/man utd match 2moroww,gud luck
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2009
@Gangsta101,
I have read through your document. I See that you managed to advance the UPS/Charger/Backup idea I floated on this forum last year. Great work. I am now learning from you too! Keep discovering. I still use my setup to this day.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by monsterg(m): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2009
Vanks bro,bt is 90cm pan gud 4 da trackin?@all, canal+ on nss703 promise to Barcelona vs sharktadoneski 2nite bt dr offair nw.cn anybdy confirm d@?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by starpryde(m): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2009
@gofitech pls what is the freq for the ETV on Nss7c. Then can u refer me to where the Mulititv stuff was discuss in the forum. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2009
lynksman, Thanks for hosting me, despite the long journey to ur abode. It was nice meeting u and ur lovely family. Oga Badaru said I should bring the stuff for him to check out. I hope we can make a breakthrough with our research. would keep u posted.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 4:13pm On Aug 28, 2009
olason wetin dey nw,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 4:21pm On Aug 28, 2009
@all, is it possible to use 60cm dish for daarsat. I hv been tryin since yesterday but no solution.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2009
ekonibaje:

George D,hw u dey man,hope your responce is good as mine,i love u so much man,EnitAn ,hope u are in lagos fully,I CANNT CATCH MBC 3 ON 90CM AGAIN,HOPE HITV KEYS ARE STLL WORKING on mbc3 george D,Am sorry .

@ekonibaje,
I tracked MBC3 last weekend on 90cm at the countryside but the signal is
dancing between 55-53% quality and it do go off later in the evenings. But
on my motorize last night it is still as high as 72% quality. So, I think it is
only a problem with the smaller dishes.

@all,
For those having problems with tracking w3a, please avoid using 11192v tp
for now (mbc3). From my experience, that frequency is very unstable these
days and you may end up wasting your time achieving nothing.
Last saturday, I almost  made the same mistake when I was installing w3a.
For over 30 minutes, i was looking for signal with 11192v but no success until
I changed to 12728v and gbam! green jumped out!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2009
Daarsat is provin nt easy at my end here can somebody help meeeee o
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 28, 2009
@Emeritus153,
Yes, you can use 65cm to track daarsat. First of all, type in 10977v, 4056sr or
10956v, 4638sr into your strong decoder manual scan. After getting the signal,
connect your daarsat box and manually add the daarsat frequencies:
11675h, 30000sr or  11555h, 30000sr. Auto scan and enjoy your free channels!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2009
@george d,

how far about the installation at the villa,hope u finally have a head way.i am still waiting to hear the good news as discussed on phone.
enjoy your self.

@Dejsam,
Thanks for your call. That dish installation was later aborted due to problems
with the focal lenght. I will go back and complete it later when i'm chanced.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2009
@ George_d, thanks i appreciate u and wil for ever greatful. God bless u. Is it northwest or southwest or the bird face west directly?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2009
I don't want it to take much of my time again
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2009
@Emeritus153,
You didn't state your location but if you're anywhere in Nigeria, these
are roughly the co-ordinates you need to track intelsat 907 (27.5W):

Elevation: 23.4° (prime focus)
Azimuth (true): 121.9°
Azimuth (magn.): 135.1°
LNB Skew: -40.0°

And yes, its facing west as you can see above.
Hope this helps?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2009
@all

I hear from a reliable source that the new dstv package to go for =N=1500 will include our beloved ETV south Africa. so whoever is still wondering what happened to ETV can stop  wondering.

also about 5 units of multitv decoders are at alaba interational market. the guy says he will have more soon but is planning on selling at 16000 then, currently selling for 20k now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2009
[
JMS:

W3A becomes difficult to catch now and the signal quality dropped, this situation is everywhere don't move your installations, we must bear in mind three hypothesis:
1-The most known is the weather where you are receiving that bird, is it good?
2-The W3A satellite isn't it being maintenained or didn't it lost a little bit its latitude or longitude? we all know, that bird is still young, its solar pannels and fuel(ergol) must not bring about that situation;
3-Finally, we must not ignore this important aspect, the bird signal strenght depends also on where the uplink signal is sent, since MBC is from Mauritius, we must check whether the weather is good or bad in this period of the year in that country. this is my small contribution to our beloved fta W3A signal drop.
@George_D your absence was very remarkable on the forum, we hope you came back with new info, welcome!!!

@JMS,
Thanks. I'm back now and rolling!
mbc3 signal drop is only peculiar to 90cm and below dishes. On my motorize, I'm still
getting up to 72% quality and the signal does not go off anytime.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2009
@borderline. I think ETV Ethiopia is on NSS703@ 57degrees East and not on NSS7.Nss7 is at 22 degrees West.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2009
@olofofo, pls drop the adress of the guys shop. My friend need their digibox
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 7:33pm On Aug 28, 2009
Multitv is the bomb. My family stay glued to cine afrik
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2009
@all live barca vrs shaktr super cup on sirus 4 etv feed
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by monsterg(m): 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2009
@all barca vs sharktadonesk live on canal+ nss703 enjoy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by yaris(m): 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2009
Barca vs sha live on viasat1
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2009
Also shown on crtv
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2009
@salamander u dey?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2009
emeystan:

@olofofo, pls drop the adress of the guys shop. My friend need their digibox

B68.

personally, i would settle for the HD option that darsat provides, since their own decoder is not fully HD. enjoy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2009
Am nt able to get d feed on the sirus, can someone pls post the freq. @ those using strong decoders for crtv, do u xperience cracking of its picture? Its pissing me off.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2009
@all, i want to know if crtv will show any of the premier league game tomorrow
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2009
@enitan, crtv is nt crackin here with my strong 4653x

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.