Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,100 members, 7,849,433 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:32 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262531 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2009
microgiant:

I recommend George apply for assistant moderator of TV&Movies here.

@microgiant,
I am humbled by your suggestion. Maybe I'll give it a thought. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:05pm On Sep 12, 2009
ayu:

Hello all,
I have been waiting for your explanation on how it's posible to watch different polarisation of one LNB at the same time. Even you didn't explain in detail how you use your two decoders for different polarisations.
Am asking this is because I've been facing similar problem. I couldn't access more than one polarity of one LNB at a time.
Here is what I did; I connect the lines coming from the LNBs to the Disq switch, then use signal splitter to each decoders. Please correct me if i make a mistake.
Thanks in Advance

@ayu,
The answer to your problem has been discussed way back in the beginning of this thread (season 3).
But in anycase, what you need is a multi switch and a dual lnb. Connect the outputs of the lnb to the multiswitch and distribute by means of a splitter to various rooms. That solves your problem.

Study the pictures below posted by BUTONEDAY and check page 21 for better explanation:

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2009
@all live match on MBC3 @W3 MAN-U 1 TOTTHAM 1
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by segunfms(m): 8:01pm On Sep 12, 2009
@all

Plsss, i need card splitter b4 monday if anybody have this card or you know someone that can help me get it by monday plss let me no this is my number 08028914868. plssssss i need it very fast. thanks God bless you all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2009
@GEORGE,,MUCH AS I DO TAKE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM,I THINK U AV STEPD A BIT OVER D LINE HERE & U AV GOTEN A LOT OF THINGS WRONG ABOUT MY POST,IST:I GOT MY ANSWERS 2 D AB3 STUF AFTER WHICH I MADE DOS POSTS,SO 4 U 2 AV SAID 1 WAS SEEKING ATENTION WAS 2 UNFAIR 2 SAY D LEAST,DO WE RECIEVE ANY DOE OR SPECIAL REGONITION 4 POSTING HERE?,I WAS ONLY SAYIN WHAT WAS D REALITY,AFTER ALL,DAARSAT HD IS ON ITS WAY 2 MY HOUSE 4 D DAAR &MULTITV CHANNELS,FINALLY,I WISH 2 SAY WE DON'T AV 2 PUT OURSELVES ABOVE ANY MEMBER OF DIS FORUM,IF U AR TRULY LEARND,U DONT NEED 2 SAY IT B4 DEY KNOW, BRO,OGHENE DEY!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2009
@ all, I tried scanning my decoder for showsport extra on nilesat, I can find this channel on it.I don't know what is wrong maybe I don't have the correct tp or what? this channel am talking about showed chelsea match today and I wasn't able to watch it.please help me out.maybe I need a tp to scan the channel out. am using 1.8m dish.please help
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2009
segunfms:

@all

Plsss, i need card splitter b4 monday if anybody have this card or you know someone that can help me get it by monday plss let me no this is my number 08028914868. plssssss i need it very fast. thanks God bless you all.

I can get you a smartmax 3 way wireless card splitter for 25k exclusive of cost of sending it to you. holla me by phone or email. 08033401080.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by phizz: 7:00am On Sep 13, 2009
I Want ask A Yes or no question, can u get any FTA Stations With HITV Directn And A Strong Decoder?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by segunfms(m): 10:11am On Sep 13, 2009
@olofofo

is it going to work with hitv and Dstv card?. are you in lagos? i stay in lagos akowonjo area.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 11:28am On Sep 13, 2009
@buderline

In netiquette when one writes in caps, it means one is shouting. Unless your post is meant for that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 12:01pm On Sep 13, 2009
@ Dejsam,
Please am still expecting your reply concerning the Nile beaming as requested
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2009
phizz:

I Want ask A Yes or no question, can u get any FTA Stations With HITV Directn And A Strong Decoder?

@phizz,
Yes, you can get any FTA station of your choice with hitv decoder.
Same goes for using strong decoder.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2009
@borderline,
You've to cool down and learn the ropes properly is all I'm trying to tell you. Postings like
yours crying wolf where there's none does nobody any good.
Be patient while waiting to have the multi-tv and daarsat. After then you can write informed
statements backed by first hand knowledge of what you see.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MyHiDsDaar: 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2009
hi guys u are doing good job here and infact it is affecting peoples life positively, i have various free to birds as well but i have one question to ask , is it possible to use a dstv card that is meant for the rest of africa here in Nigeria cause i would like to kill two birds at the same time thank you
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2009
@MyHiDsDaar,
That question belongs to the dstv thread, I think. But in anycase if you mean using a C-band DSTV card for Ku-band dstv, then the answer is no. But you can still use the C-band (rest of Africa) card on a C-band dish in Nigeria and enjoy your channels. Just track Intelsat 7/10C and you'll have the rest of africa multichoice package there and use your dstv (rest of Africa) card to open.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2009
segunfms:

@olofofo

is it going to work with hitv and Dstv card?. are you in lagos? i stay in lagos akowonjo area.

yes it will work with dstv, hitv, aljazeera, showtime etc. i stay in satellite town, lagos.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2009
To those think crtv will add more stations on its tp 12600, am sorry to say that that wont happen at all.
If one should take note of paytv SR, it starts from about 27500 to 30000, the higher the sr the more channels that tp will be able to contain and vice versa. It'd be noted that the sr for feed freq is between 2000 and 4000, thats the reason not more than one station can be multiplexed through that channel. The max stations they can have is two. So since crtv is 3250, the above theory applies. Thats just what i have for the house today.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 6:22pm On Sep 13, 2009
@george,i always knew people agree on sth at some point,ur points are wel noted now,one love,thanks,,@paps1,d tp 4 go africa frm lyngsat is 11105 v 3800,pls why d difference 4rm d tp in ur post?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2009
All, live Benfica vs Belenense on inter 907. enjoy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sambass(m): 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2009
@all uk is good
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2009
@ borderline, a satellite freq has a tolerance value of about 5mhz. So a freq of 11104 can still work in 11103 or 11105. Or the other thing is the lnb freq, there're 2 options 9500-10600 and 9500-10750. Choosing any of this will result getting same station on different freqs.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2009
@borderline,
Peace to you! One love smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 9:01pm On Sep 13, 2009
@ olofofo
can u get a dvbs card for me? Also ll that splitter work in old roger back yard.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dapowales(m): 10:04pm On Sep 13, 2009
@All, Got my daarsat decoder, Now I watch multi-tv, on my tv and on my 64bit vista as well, aint that coool??, Since the daarsat decoder has not encouraged PVR, I'll rely on my baby (Hp Hdx16t) to do the recordings, Life is good, Let's share it,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2009
@pito

got my dvbs card for 7k at computer village last week. am going there tomorrow and i can check  if it's still available. what i got was a lightwave and it's working well. holla me if you are interested on phone tomorrow before 10am.

yes the splitter works with old roger backyard. i can just read your mind right now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 12:36am On Sep 14, 2009
@ all please,can hitv card work on card spliter please? I don't know if anyone know about it. I need someone in kano that can get it for me please,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 7:42am On Sep 14, 2009
George_D:

@phizz,
Yes, you can get any FTA station of your choice with hitv decoder.
Same goes for using strong decoder.

@George_D,
Pls how can i watch FTA with Hitv decoder and dish?
Thanks,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 14, 2009
@ george, how do i get to watch FTA on strong decoders.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2009
adewest:

@ Dejsam,
Please am still expecting your reply concerning the Nile beaming as requested

@adewest,
these frequencies are not receivable with 1.8m or 2.4m in kano here.
11317 V
11355 V
11374 H
11411 H
11334 H

but these ones are receiveble with either 1.8m or 2.4m dish.
10719 V
10723 H
10758 V
10775 H
10796 V
10873 V
10829 H
10911 V
10930 H
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 9:21am On Sep 14, 2009
@George _D
My beloved How was your week end and your family please rescan your Intelsat7/10 K DLCM has relocated from Eutelsat W3A to the satellite hopefully full transmission would begin this month
So enjoy it
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by gofitech(m): 9:37am On Sep 14, 2009
all,

just like in Ghana, ETV is currently doing a test transmission on Terrestrial platform  in Kenya. happily though, EATN a satellite channel is carrying the test transmission. check it out on intelsat 902. 62E C band. 3816 H 4213 dvbs2.  

those with Daarsat decoders can give it a shot. i am currently receiving it with my DVB S2 Pci card from my PC. ETV is as hot as ever.

enjoy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Chuckdee(m): 10:02am On Sep 14, 2009
Vey very educating and professional thread here. Keep it up y'all.

God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.