Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,195 members, 7,835,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261817 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 10:30am On Sep 14, 2009
@ All

Latest update for coco is out, but strong usb version is yet to be released.  To be able to update immediately when new release is out without waiting for strong usb version that comes late (1-2weeks later), check out this solution if you are interested call 08055458324, 08067055323 limited quantity available. first come, first serve.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ejilepa: 11:19am On Sep 14, 2009
MBC3 will show champions league match tomorow and next tomorow but they have not confirm the club match they want to show
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Isuata: 11:21am On Sep 14, 2009
@Enitan
yur daarsat HD test is in order.It becomes funny for yu to use a non-complaint HD STB to track HD channels or frequency.

@Mr.T, Enitan,Olofofo, et al
yur boy don come again o!
i finally installed my 1.8m dish yesterday aftr the civil works concrete solidified on sat
bros'es una no talk sey locking on signal was that hard o!
the guy dat came to help me tried, i had to pay him more sef for his efforts
we locked Nilesat but to lock signal quality was war o!
tuk like 3-4hrs but we eventually got it by 6pm yesterday
lots of channels appeared half had the $ sign(locked) but most were on
got about 188 channels, all the mbc's et al

Now my Q are dis,
1. how do i get rid of dis $ signs on these channels?

2. My decoder is the strong srt 4663x: embedded conax CAS7, DVB MPEG-2
   wot re the pluses and minuses of dis box?
3. pls refer me to pages of dis thread where i can get solutions and entrant info into tracking more birds oda dan
   Nilesat?
4. Also i installed the motorised jack.I hear dias dis remote i nid to buy to automate it the more?
   how does that work?
5. I use to know about an e-mail group in SE2 of FTA that an e-mail group existed wia more info and resources were shared-ow do i get into the goggle group?
  You guys re the best
Mr. T- thx for the foundation and time-wil cal yu sumtym soon (or flash grin)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 12:35pm On Sep 14, 2009
@pitodenz,
Is your ftb still working? I mean the ip is it still working?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2009
Canal2 international on sirius4 12661v 2220.
Go africa advertised live champions league, i'm not too sure since it was written in french
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
Canal2 international on sirius4 12661v 2220.
Go africa advertised live champions league, i'm not too sure since it was written in french
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by borderline(m): 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2009
@Enitan2002,big up 2 u 4 ur quick reply#####@all,pls can someone confirm which of these channels will show chelsea-porto live 2morow<<VIASAT1,METRO GHANA,CH 1O,CRTV CAMEROUN,ORTM MALI,ETV ETHIOPIA>> [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2009
solo1ng1:

@George_D,
Pls how can i watch FTA with Hitv decoder and dish?
Thanks,

@solo1ng1,
Normal HITV dishes are usually 45cm in size but you can still use them to watch intelsat 7/10 if you know how to track properly. As for hitv decoder, it has a blind scan and is also good for tracking. In fact, some dstv installers always prefer to use hitv decoders to track if they're doing installations for hotels or homes where the two packages are available. Since they both are on the same bird, they track dstv signal with hitv decoder after which they connect the dstv decoder and scan.
For FTA, you either input the frequency manually or blindscan the decoder. However, you cannot patch it like strong decoder.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2009
@pitodenz,

Pls, if your yhello ip for ftb is still working, kindly send it to my box on sinewyconst@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mayow91: 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
u can wathes ur ftv in this site www.globalearnline.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2009
jossybless:

@George _D
My beloved How was your week end and your family please rescan your Intelsat7/10 K DLCM has relocated from Eutelsat W3A to the satellite hopefully full transmission would begin this month
So enjoy it

@jossybless,
You got to be kidding me! DCLM on intelsat 7/10?! That's very good news! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2009
Dejsam:

these frequencies are not receivable with 1.8m or 2.4m in kano here.
11317 V
11355 V
11374 H
11411 H
11334 H

@Dejsam,
It's rather strange that we in the south-south are recieving some of the tps listed above while you guys up north cannot. What's up with nilesat anyway?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ pastor george, u avnt replied to the question i asked and u have treated the one above mine. Aint u intrested in what micro advertised? Since u are on coco, i think it will be of immense help to u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ isu ata, thats what makes a professional to be distinct. Very soon, d more u praticalised it d easier it bcoms for u. Welcome. Tell us ur location, we might help u better.

TOX9JA, where is this lovely gentleman, fishmonger? Missing u a great deal.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 3:12pm On Sep 14, 2009
@enitan2002
I'm waiting ur response on that daarsat decoder
hopefull today
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 3:33pm On Sep 14, 2009
@enitan2002
If they is any way just help me out cos the guy is travelling very early tomorrow
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Isuata: 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ Enny
i am in Abuja
pls reply my Q's thx
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ Gangsta101: Chairman, I tried to find your phone number here , but be like say i no check well well. Anyway, I got the info you asked for. Can you call or txt so i can send it to you? U have my number already,

@Segunfms: Bros, How tins now? Still havent been able to get the way out for that Progdvb, but get the latest ver of VLC player, it has support for HD and Dvb-s. I havent configured it tho, the card is not here with me now.

@ GeorgeD :After doing some general reading, I finally got the concept of the Multiswitch and Diseq combos for using multiple receivers and multiple polarities. I'll say, those accessories are a must have for anyone with a multi-receiver setup. Nice tips. grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2009
@enitan,
I saw your question but was not too sure what you want. Could you revert back please?

And concerning the micro stuff, I think it's a good idea only say my madam no dey too bother
with updates these days smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ litaninja

How easy was it for you using the SATELLITE DISH ALIGNMENT tool from alsoft to track W3A? Did you use any other other too. Need your response cos i wanna try my hands on setting up a dish myself.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ Litanija.
u once talked of going to the market to get a compass. Did actually get one?/and at what price?
@ Isu ata.
bros where u base for abuja?
@ George D
just wana say hi, seeing you are online
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by soloqy: 4:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
@Enitan

Am coming from the Hitv Thread.

What is this Multitv thing you talked about? donaremu asked you what the size of dish needed is but you said we should come here to ask.

Please could you explain what the channels recieved are? as in Names? The sports channels recieved and the content?

Please guys, dont refer me to previous posts to read because i just cant as i have no intention of doing things myself.

I am sure others from the hitv thread will also come to ask the same thing.

Enitan, we are here bro.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2009
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ soloqy,
multitv has 12 channels, and all these channels are dedicated ones , like sports , movies, music, nollywood, cartoon, news, gospel, e.t.c, you get to enjoy latest news, sports like german budesliga, french ligue, la liga but no premiership. And all these are for free, all what you just need is about 60cm dish which is about 2k, and daarsat decoder which cost like 18k/19k. and more stations are still to be expected from this people.

" zenus,
i have called your guy and he's suspending his trip till wednesday, so we are meeting up tomorrow, just know that it will only be the daarsat decoder he'll bring over to ya end there in calabar, excluding the dish, i hope thats a deal? your reply is needed on this very fast.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2009
@all fellow members esp. Ghanaians is any one recieving badr4,6 on 90cm dish.is it possible,i want to try my luck.need ur response.can any one confirm this
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ soloqy, again if u want more clarifications on this, u can give me a midnite call on any of my above numbers, do not fall into the hands of extortive installers. And also with the start of the champions league,i can assure u that u stand to gain unlimited satisfaction if u can also add w3a setup too. Just know anything we discuss here are all watched for FREE. BE FREE!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by phizz: 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ George
thanks 4 the info,
What do u mean by trackin,
does it mean i have to start adjustn my hitv dish?
@Enitan2002, Thanks,
expect, my call but not midnight, i also moved frm Hi Rubbish thread.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ has anybody been able to track badr 4-6ku on motorised 2.4m pan. i need to know
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2009
@cont6 .if you call my no i will give you a workin ip for your fbt
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ phiz, u are wholeheartedly welcome by my humble self and other contributors, its such a testimony to the deities of FTA that a new convert has been born. My advice 4 u is to find the past seasons and get acquainted with it, cos any question regarding to fresh installations wont be attended to cos we've moved far from that now. Best advice is get physical with any of the learned ones in ya location to put u through so as to be able to meet up with our pace. BIENVENUE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ soloqy

check their websitewww.multitvworld.com  for more details

@Paps1
i don't think it will be possible with a 90cm dish, use the footprint http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/badr6_bss.html  maps on lyngsat to do your calculations
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2009
i am glad some of us on the hitv thread are finally realizing that tv entertainment is not all abt football ,for those of them here i like to warmly welcome you to the no one official thread of free to air where everything rocks

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.