Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,989 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:18 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263038 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2009
@blackstar thanks for the info. West ham vrs liverpool live on viasat1 saturday 4:30pm
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2009
When is something like this springing up from nigeria? Where are the multi-billionaires? Cant they go into media business just like the american billionaire TED TURNER? Am just fed up with the set of the so called wealthy individuals in our society.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2009
@Blakstars
that link is not for multi tv
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:20pm On Sep 14, 2009
phizz:

@ George
thanks 4 the info,
What do u mean by trackin,
does it mean i have to start adjustn my hitv dish?

@phizz,
Yes, you have to adjust the dish before you can track.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:22pm On Sep 14, 2009
@Blakstars and all Ghana members,
Where's sathob gone all of a sudden? He's been silent for a long spell now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2009
@enitan,
Looks like you decided to let the question pass cause I can see you haven't reverted as I suggested earlier on?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2009
zenus:

@Blakstars
that link is not for multi tv
@zenus
it's sure is their website www.multitvworld.com . i hope you are not confusing muvi tv(pas 7/10) for multi tv -Astra 2b (more tv or free). Have you visited the site?

George_D:

@Blakstars and all Ghana members,
Where's sathob gone all of a sudden? He's been silent for a long spell now.
@George_D
good to be back after a torrid time with my net service providers. i don't know if sathob and others were in the same soup . Oga George good to know you have been nominated for asst moderator. Bros go for it man.

@all Multi tv enthusiats
a reliable source here tells me multi tv will be adding Adom Tv to their bouquet oct/nov 2009. The only bad news for my naija bros is that it will be in local Ghanaian language, sports, movies, series etc . Even though foriegn content e.g movies will be shown as well, they have all been translated into local languages. Ever imagine snoop Dogg speak in Twi? grin something like that
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by phizz: 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2009
snoop speak twi, hunnnnnnnnnnnn intresting
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 9:37pm On Sep 14, 2009
i think i will relocate to ghana becos of multi tv, griinnnnnnnn
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by zenus(m): 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2009
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ olofofo, thank you very much.
@ all, I but a card splitter today and its only working for hitv. Someone said I have to install a software for it to work on showtime or aljazeera.please am new to this card splitter thing. I need your help for my showtime card before my compound people will kill me.thanks
thanks once again olofofo
name of the card splitter is wireless smarktwi multi room solution
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 11:35pm On Sep 14, 2009
usher8701:

@ olofofo, thank you very much.
@ all, I but a card splitter today and its only working for hitv. Someone said I have to install a software for it to work on showtime or aljazeera.please am new to this card splitter thing. I need your help for my showtime card before my compound people will kill me.thanks
thanks once again olofofo
name of the card splitter is wireless smarktwi multi room solution

if you mean smartwi, then go to http://smartwi.net to download the modules for conax and irdeto, anytime u need to use it for either protocol, u need to reprogram. all the info you need is on that site. smartwi is one of the most well known wireless card splitter in the market, the only down side is that you need to reprogram it for different encryptions.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 12:00am On Sep 15, 2009
@ olofofo, sorry I was busy downloading the software for the splitter not knowing that you are here replying my post.
How will I install it on the card splitter? How will I go about the connection to the card splitter for me to install the software?
I can't see any wire inside the splitter.please give me the info to go about the installation step by step.
You are the MAN.
I have download the software, conex and Irdeto. hope am correct?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Chuckdee(m): 12:14am On Sep 15, 2009
Hi House,
Just wanted to say i hv joined the MultiTv family smiley, after reading selectively through the threads all thru the weekend I was able to get the Daarsat HD decoder today, got also a 2nd 90cm dish and a disec switch, did the trackings and installations too so i am currently viewing The multitv channels and daarsat channels as of this evening!
Thank you everyone here, greater thanks goes to twintaiye who gave me valuable advice over the phone too, i am truly grateful.

@ Enitan, you mentioned something about W3a for champions league, i would love more details on how to go about getting that bird with my current setup if possible. I reside in Abuja.

One love all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 1:31am On Sep 15, 2009
emexi
where are we at with respect to Glo and the worid cup sponsor boys ?
get in touch.
eduzo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 4:31am On Sep 15, 2009
@ Spacevice: Funny thing is, i never ended up using the dish alignment tool for tracking. It was supposed to be an alternative for the compass, but after tracking for a few hours late into the night, we just decided to pick up a compass instead. Now i just use the Dish Alignment tool to get basic info like Long / Lat, Elevation, e.t.c when i'm offline. Personally I'll advise that you get a compass, it'll give you a more precise direction to work with then all you have to do will be to adjust for elevation and LNB skew.

@ Spaceman: Yea, We were able to locate 3 types. A cheaper plastic type for #2,000, a more expensive plastic type for #3,500 and a metallic one for #5,000. Sorry I didn't note the brand names. We picked up the cheapest one for 2 major reasons. 1) The cost 2) It looked more user friendly at first glance. My last encounter with a serious compass was a very long time ago and while looking at that particular one during bargaining I was immediately able to pinpoint directions of bout 3 dishes right there in the market. If you vote for durability, you could opt for the metallic type, a geologist friend of mine says that's the best type. Just ask the stores dealing in SAT equipment.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 6:58am On Sep 15, 2009
@George,
Pls what we be the frequency to input for the intelsat 7/10 signals on hitv?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 7:16am On Sep 15, 2009
@ all,

Please what are the requirements for watching multitv in Lagos?
Cost?
thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 7:55am On Sep 15, 2009
@usher8701 pls can i get the download software too.my email is henrybaby1@yahoo.com.thank you
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 8:42am On Sep 15, 2009
@solo1ng1 just go & get a 60cm dish with daarsat mpeg4 HD Reciever which goes 4 18k. 4 intallation, pls read 4m page 50 to 120 of ths season, goodluck.
Use tp 4 pas7/10ku
12.575v3.378
12.722H26.657
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2009
zenus:

@blakstars
I mean
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/badr6_bss.html
@zenus
yes. the link above is not for multi tv surely. it was in response to Paps1. he wanted to know the size of dish required to get badr 4/6 at his location. i posted that foot print map link to help him calculate the dish size he needed. see what i posted below for clarification.Thanks
Blakstars:

@ soloqy

check their websitewww.multitvworld.com for more details

@Paps1
i don't think it will be possible with a 90cm dish, use the footprint http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/badr6_bss.html maps on lyngsat to do your calculations
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 9:46am On Sep 15, 2009
@Litanaija,
Thanx for your response to my post.
I would be glad if u can hit me a flash on o8o54589716, or 08062853039.
let me talk with u on phone. U can also reach me on onlyshehu@yahoo.com. let me add u on my chat.
Thanx bro
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ochukss(m): 9:56am On Sep 15, 2009
PLS u guys should list all d 12 channels of multitv
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2009
@ochuks, kindly open www.multitvworld.com in ur browser to see d channel list thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2009
@george-D and other gurus, Pls help me out on this. I have a 1.8m pan dish facing 22w(CNN). My problem is, is it possible to add a ku band with a connecting rod(the rod normally used in north)inorder to expand my view. Motorizing and cutting of the c-band sitting in out of place. Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2009
solo1ng1:

@George,
Pls what we be the frequency to input for the intelsat 7/10 signals on hitv?

@solo1ng1,
I can see olatiler has already answered your question. Yes, you can use manasat frequency: 12575 symbol rate: 3378 and polarization: Vertical (V). Go to your HITV decoder menu and navigate to manual scan. Select tp and input the frequency.

For tracking, go to the 45cm dish already installed for hitv, slacken the up and down bolts (elevation) and the sideways bolts (azimuth). Leave the lnb the way it is and begin moving the dish. Intelsat 7/10 position is a little down and to the left of HITV/DSTV position while standing behind the dish and facing east. Make sure you have connected your RG6 cable to the lnb from the decoder and fix your eyes on the tv set in front of you. Move the dish down and to your left gently while all the time looking at the signal bars at the bottom of the hitv manual scan screen. When you hit the signal, you'll see the signal bars jump up. Hold the dish steady and lock the elevation bolts first. Still try and see if the signal improves by moving the dish to the left and right with little movements. Then lock the azimuth bolts at the point where the signal bar is highest. There, you have nailed your intelsat 7/10! Just blindscan to bring in the other frequencies.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2009
@williams85,
Yes, you can add a ku lnb to the c-band. Most people do it and as such they can watch CNN and LC2, etc. You can even add another c-band lnb for AIT on intelsat 901. The possibilities are numerous.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2009
What you need to know about Multi TV, see this on Frequently Asked Questions on FTA Thred on Nairaland in this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-152871.0.html#msg4547121
If any members have any addition or omission, let me know, so I can reflect it on the write up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2009
Blakstars:

@George_D
good to be back after a torrid time with my net service providers. i don't know if sathob and others were in the same soup . Oga George good to know you have been nominated for asst moderator. Bros go for it man.

@Blakstars,
Sorry about your connectivity woes. I think over here we too are having our own issues and that's why most notable members have not been posting too frequently for some time.
I hope sathob, ecowas4all and the rest guys take a cue from you on how to resolve theirs so they can be back online as usual.

Thanks for the support nomination. I have also done my bit but I think ultimately Seun has the final say as to who gets what.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2009
@Litaninja
Thanks for ur advice. I will see if i can get a compass. Without it i may not be able to do it myself.

@Blakstar
Long time no hear. Looks like we will not get the srt4910 in Ghana at all. By the way, where can i get a compass to buy here in Ghana. Make i know man, cos i want to get practical.

@ALL
If anyone has an idea as to how to track without a compass pls share with me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2009
@ spacevice, dont ever rely on compass to be able to do any tracking. Once u can achieve that then the sky is ya limit.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ejilepa: 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2009
please who is showing what match today on sarius,multitv, 2m, w3a or other fta channels

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.