Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,386 members, 7,853,722 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262734 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sambass(m): 5:21am On Apr 13, 2009
@all happy easter to everybody hope u all are enjoying ur easter.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 8:33am On Apr 13, 2009
All

George_D mentioned using RG6 double copper cable, from my little knowledge of conductors, Copper is a much better conductor than Aluminium. That and the dish construction could be the reason for the better signal.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:07am On Apr 13, 2009
@all,
Still on the new MBC (UAE) on Telstar 10, this is the tp to use:

3680H, 27500SR.

Remember it is C - band without di-electric.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 9:55am On Apr 13, 2009
@GEORGE
did u pick telstar 10 at 76.5e?
i find it difficult to pick telstar10 until i gave it up
that was long time ago.
the mbc u are refering to is mbc (uae)that is mbc1 which is also
on nilesat.
i can pick thaicom 5 with or without dielectric
but not telstar 10.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 10:03am On Apr 13, 2009
olofofo

Thanks for the information.
I will try to convert the neck to a tiltable one.
I wanted the values as a reference. When one is doing a comparasion it is good to have a reference.
The idea is not to just find Nile sat, that i have done, the idea is also to compare.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nuresine: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2009
@George_D
is that MBC can be receivable on 1.8m,pls throw more light on it.
thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2009
W3A users ,kindly rescan your reciever.TV ZIMBO is now active with some couple of other channels.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by audui(m): 11:55am On Apr 13, 2009
@ All, part 1,2 and 3

smiley JOB WELL DONE TO ALL AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS

well I am new to this very informative thread, I am a computer Network Admin in jos. I love challenges which is why I challenged myself to get resources and information from the Net( especially) this forum and I was able to set up NileSat behind my house with a 1.8m dish, strong 4663x and just one fuji LNB pointing 7 W. well it was a task trying to get the azimuth and elevation thing right, but I can say it was also a fine learning experience and it boasted my ego. ok this is where I am at now, I want more channels besides the default that comes with NileSat FTA   I installed my NileSat about a week ago and I have being able to get the software for my decorder to unlock aljazeera sport 1,2,3,4 .  now what I want to know is if I can unlock other pay TV channels that appear with the $ sign such as discovery and national geographic channels . Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ Baba egun- i used the zap software and it was lovely but i cannot point or indicate as u used those red circle line to highlite in ms word,also after editing using ms word how do i then attached it to the group as u did with pdf. Plz throw more light.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2009
audui

Congrad, well done!
Whatversion of the software did you use for 4663X?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2009
@nuresine,
Telstar 10 can be gotten with 2.5m mesh. I'm not sure about 1.8m but it's
worth a trial.

@odilibe,
If you can get Thaicom, then you should be able to get Telstar 10 because
when coming downwards (assuming you're using a polar mount), you will get to
it before reaching Thaicom 5. What size dish are you using?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by audui(m): 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2009
cheesy
@skylagos

well I am in, that's nice, I used version 2. something, really can't remember, would confirm and get back to you. The good news is I am now anxiously awaiting champions league, to see man U dismantle FC porto   The previous version of the software installed was version 1.08 .  I read in the previous posts of the receiver having problem/fried after being patched, enlighten plz and in such a case what can I do? Thanks as always
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2009
audui

I have Version 1.08p as well.
I wanted to know which file you loaded?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2009
Can anyone shine a light on the science behind the need to tilt the antenna for nilesat?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ GEORGE D
                i dont believe there is any way you can ve cnn 24hrs in warri. though you may ve it breaking till around 8pm but not all night,around 10pm the signal ll drop. Prove me wrong!

@pitodenz,
Sorry I almost missed this comment of yours. Many things have happened that we previously thought
impossible. And, ever since I installed my dish I have never ceased to wonder at it's performance
especially when compared to several hitherto widely held assumption about nilesat in this part of the
country. For instance, who would have ever thought that I could hit 94% signal quality on any tp in
nilesat? Maybe in the harmattan but not in the rainy season with clouds all over the skies? Who could
have thought that I could hit 74% on MBC in the night? So, my brother, these things are myths which
are being broken daily before our very eyes.
When I am able to, I will try and post pictures of screen shots of CNN, showtime and other packages
taken at different time of the day along with signal quailty well into midnight. Maybe then you will believe.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:52pm On Apr 13, 2009
@audui,
You need a different kind of decoder to unsramble those packages you're talking about.
At the moment, STRONG decoder is unable to do that because of lack of support.
Try and get either starsat or echolink.

Congrats and welcome on board.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2009
LagosSky:

Can anyone shine a light on the science behind the need to tilt the antenna for nilesat?

Tilting of the antenna mostly applies to polar mount dishes. It is done so you can track the
arc accurately. Depending of the construction of your dish neck, you are able to go from
one bird to the other without further adjustment after the final installation. Of course you
will need a jack and positioner to move the dish (study my pictures on page 29).
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by audui(m): 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2009
well I loaded a file with the name SRT4661X_4664X_MyTV_121p_20090309.stb on the decorder using the usb and I "patch on" and vo ala the stations opened. my question is does this affect/fry my receiver.  It's good you use the same type decorder any other file you can help me with my Email is ibro_blue@yahoo.com Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by audui(m): 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2009
@George
Thanks 4 the info, how about showtime on Nilesat
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2009
audui

Thanks for the information.
I have downloaded SRT4661X_4664X_MyTV_124p_20090402.
That is why I asked, it does not have 4663X in it, so since you were ok with it, I will load this.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2009
@audui,
STRONG decoder cannot open showtime for now. You need starsat or echolink to
do that. Apart from Ajazera sprts 1,2,3,4 STRONG cannot open the rest packages.
Maybe in the future there will be support for it but for now if you want to enjoy your
nilesat you're better off with either of those two decoders mentioned above.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by kascar(m): 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2009
@nuresine.
i think i will place an order for 10p of the fortec star from the uk.cos i need to fix for my other dish.I invited ekoonibage to see it at my place but he advice that i should try and cut the lnd by one layer that the signal might increase by 5%-8%,which i will try tomorrow.but for now am enjoying the signal quality.hope to get show sport with my 2.4m pan dish.tell u of my discovery soon. regards.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 3:03pm On Apr 13, 2009
@GEORGE.I am using 2.5m mesh, thaicom 5 MRTV is 40% on my strong receiver. mbc frequency on telstar is 32% it
failed to turn green cos there is a building blocking the dish
partially.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ George D
                10758 is not my problem cos at the start of installation i use to hit it up to 98% but then when align to other nilesat freq it ll come down 88-90% but then it does not solve cnn problem. Right now cnn is showing with showsports no breaking cnn freq is hitting up to 54-55%but yet it ll still go down around 7pm. MY PROBLEM IS THE DROP IN SIGNAL IN THE NIGHT. George i wont ve doubt you had it been butoneday was not experiecing the same problem in warri,i wont ve link the problem to ph only.You dont know the type of chalenge u ve put me into.This 4m dish is having the same signal strength ur 3m but yet i still ve down time.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nuresine: 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2009
@kascar
any time that you want to make order let me know, i think i will be have interest.you can send me an e-mail to nuresine@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 5:38pm On Apr 13, 2009
my signal strenght only drop between 1.30-3pm anytime after this the signal pick up again when its 6-7pm all my signal strenght is at their full strenght till the following morning.I wonder why some says there signal drop at night.

chelsea v liverpool 2m,etv,arryadia2,art4(echolink users),TF1 and c+ spain
bayern v barcelona art4(echolink users)

arsenal v villareal art4(echolink users)
fc porto v man utd arryadia2,etv,mbc3

fa cup
arsenal v chelsea mbc3,jsc(1-4)
man utd v everton (JSC)
BARCLAY
LIVERPOOL V ARSENAL 2M.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:20pm On Apr 13, 2009
@pitodenz,
I feel your frustration but I don't think it's a problem that is insurmountable.
And, contrary to how you see it, it's not a challenge at all. One thing is to
know that something is achievable another thing is to find out how to
achieve it. I'm certainly having CNN beyond 7pm unlike you and it doesn't
drop off totally as you suggest. I'll need to confirm that of 10pm and after.
I will need to montor the signal strenght more closely now. Maybe we could
together detect where your problem lies.

@obnelly,
Looks like lagos nilesat signal characteristics is a little bit different than that
of south-south. Here the general experience is a drop in signal during the night
while at your end, it seems to happen during the day.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2009
[quote Author=Olofofo]
roger that, but seems a lot of channels on the aforementioned frequencies will be lost. how u dey?[/quote]

Yep!! sad That is the drawback of using Linear LNBs with universal Birds. I dey, how ya end?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by LagosSky(m): 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2009
Anyone knows where i can buy a 22Khz DieSqc switch or 12volt DieSqc switch or 8X1 DieSqc switch in lagos?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 7:09pm On Apr 13, 2009
LagosSky:
F_Marshal
When it comes to receive of KU signals there are 3 bands and only single polarity for 3 type of LNB in commercial (ie. professional) use depending on the geographical location on earth.
The type we use is what is known as universal which means it covers all 3 bands and both polarity which is used for DTH installations.
Then there are linear and circular type. A lot of satellites in NA are circular (for example direct TV system).
What is the point.   What has this got to do with my observations on Invacom LNBs?? By the way, on the KU Band LNBs; Linear, Circular and Universal LNBs all  are dual polarity (unless you own the genesis LNBs they were only designed to output only on polarity). Right and Left polarities for Circular. Horizontal and Vertical polarities for Linear and Universal. And before I forget, there are more Linear Satellites over North America than there are Circular ones. I hope that helps.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 7:53pm On Apr 13, 2009
Hi guys,

For echolink/starsat users, there's something we've never really touched on. the EPG function for showtime channels is in Arabic while on strong it is in English, on other channels such as the Mbc packages and some of the ART channels, it is also in English. i wonder if there's a way to get around that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2009
pitodenz:

@ George D
                10758 is not my problem cos at the start of installation i use to hit it up to 98% but then when align to other nilesat freq it ll come down 88-90% but then it does not solve cnn problem. Right now cnn is showing with showsports no breaking cnn freq is hitting up to 54-55%but yet it ll still go down around 7pm. MY PROBLEM IS THE DROP IN SIGNAL IN THE NIGHT. George i wont ve doubt you had it been butoneday was not experiecing the same problem in warri,i wont ve link the problem to ph only.You dont know the type of chalenge u ve put me into.This 4m dish is having the same signal strength ur 3m but yet i still ve down time.

I would suggest:
1) Check your connection from the LNB output on dish and the connector that connects the cable. Use clamp compressors to attach cable to connectors. Make sure there are no loose connections. (it could be that the cable expands during the day, making a good connection and then shrinks at cooler temperatures at night and loses contact,)

2) When the quality drops at night, use a very short cable to to connect from LNB to Decoder to see if there is any change in qualty.

3) Try a different LNB, first using a very short cable from LNB to Decoder as a test.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.