Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,571 members, 7,847,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:39 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262396 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2009
gangstar that is right ,i observed it too bu never deem it fit at all.

what could be the problem on my strong receiver.when ever i on the receiver - - - - - that is the only sign i see on the lcd and instead of the channel number say 0293 come up all i see on the lcd of the strong receiver is blank i.e no number come up on the lcd of the receiver and the - - - - - sign goes off.

i need help here and where is the strong office address at alaba.enitan bail me out you seems to have their address in season 2.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2009
@ f_marshal- thanks for the advice but those things u mentioned re not the problem cos i ve work in the night,used different lnbs and very short wire. What i mean is that theres noway George can prove to me that his cnn stays till even 9pm,offcourse the signal might be there but the picture ll be useless. George i want u to take very close look on this issue leave show cinema concetrate on showsports,showmovies,cnn and vh1. Tell me ur down time. I wish u come out with a positive result so that i ll ve hope to this problem.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2009
@pitodenz,
Well, it's almost 10:30pm and my CNN is still showing. Right now they are showing 'backstory'.
It cracks a bit and starsat shows 'weak signal' occassionally but you can still follow the
program. The picture is not yet useless as you'd expect. Showsports, showmovies, vh1, etc
are still on. When I'm able to, I will connect my STRONG decoder to get a real idea
of the signal quality of the afore-mentioned channels and possibly take screen shots.
I guess we're getting somewhere already. That will be it for this night.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 10:30am On Apr 14, 2009
George_D

Pls, is the 45k for moulding only or the lnb holder, neck and other accessories are included?
When can I reach you on phone, because I have tried several times without success?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2009
@microgiant,
The 45k is everything inclusive - dish, tripod (lnb holder) and polar mount neck.
Drop your number and I'll call you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:24pm On Apr 14, 2009
@all,
How come showtime & art didn't go down 'as usual' last weekend?
E be like say dem dey celebrate easter too grin Or maybe the guy
responsible for tossing the keys travelled grin. Anyhow, let's pray
this is a sign of good things to come from nilesat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by kascar(m): 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ george D.
u are right about the drop in quality in the afternoon in lag & the increase at night. but if u get a good lnb it will surely not break in the afternoon cos most of my stations dont break during the day.i guess if u try a better lnb in the south-south the problem of breakage in quality at night may be over.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2009
George_D:

@microgiant,
The 45k is everything inclusive - dish, tripod (lnb holder) and polar mount neck.
Drop your number and I'll call you.
MTN192
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ kascar,
We are still in the process of getting an ideal lnb that will solve our signal issues
here. At the moment all other ones fall flat in performance when compared with
FUJI. Or d'you have a better suggestion?

@microgiant,
I am calling you now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 1:26pm On Apr 14, 2009
George_D
Thanks for the chat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2009
@pitodenz
hw far?it seems you guys are enjoying ur ftb,ur details in 9jacity is not clear to me.could you pls PM with an update on how to setup the thing,I have tried but no success. ifychuk@gmail.com,waiting for U.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 6:16pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ sayso- go to the group,theres a wonderful graphical explaination by baba egun or u wait till am able to go my house them i ll attached it to ur box. George u made my day with ur last reply.so theres hope at last. I ll update of my own experience cos am goin back to work 2morrow or next. Butoneday how ur end. Enitan de problem child how's nile construction?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:51pm On Apr 14, 2009
@pito,
I'm glad you're beginning to reason same way with me. These things are possible
when we set our mind to it. I will make a repeat this night and see if the result
will be same.

@sayso,
long time. How far about your dish? I've already hinted that guy about your
intentions.

@kascar,
You mean you recieve all nilesat packages 24hrs too in lagos? or what dýou mean
by 'most of my stations don't break during the day'? Pls clarify.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sambass(m): 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2009
@pito how we go take see, me and biggjoe we like to see u at awka.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2009
ALL, liver vs chelsea live on etv.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by foni2k4(m): 8:59pm On Apr 14, 2009
Pls can anyone tell me how to get the frequency,symbol rate and the setting to watch deeper life programm using strong decoder?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2009
@foni2k4,
Try this:
Eutelsat W3a (7E), 11001 V, 3210 SR

NOTE: You can only get it when there is a live transmission going on. It is not
available 24hrs or every day. Your best bet is to try on Monday evenings as from 7pm.
CHEERS!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2009
ETV SHOWS
LATE MATCH.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2009
ETV SHOW
LATE MATCH.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 9:19pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ALL
ETV IS SHOWING
LATE MATCH.
NOW CHELSEA 4
LIVERPOOL 4
4-4 AT 9.40PM
ESPN LIVE
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ odi, dont pass wrong info, etv didnt show late match today it was live and direct. Its only on wednesdays that they do show delayed match. UP BLUES
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2009
@pito,
Same, same for today also. A bit of cloudy skies but CNN still shows
even as at 10:35pm.
Showmovies is not faring too well but you can still follow the movie.
vh1, showsport are all game.
Will post screen shots soonest.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:47pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ enitan
etv played delay match today.
@ George D
my interest is showsports not even cnn.Do mean gone?(game?)Please monitor ur showsports down time. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ pit, with the state of being drunk now i still remember the time i watched d match on etv at pas7'10 it started 1945hrs, maybe it was the one being aired on ait u watched. Dont argue further just like u do to george. Etv on 7'10 only show dlayd match on wednesday. Ok?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 8:20am On Apr 15, 2009
@pito
sorry for replying late,I do not have access to the group,but will wait for your reply cos I may want it during weekend.pls do share.
@George,bros how far,I just dey enjoy your post from time to time,just as I told Butoneday am still enjoying the Warri satellite, shay you grab until no more signal then I will move towards you.I showed my installer ur post and the guy could not believe your signal strenght on Nile.enjoy brother.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2009
ODILIBE, wouldn't want 2 join issues with anybody all i know is dat my team won. up chelsea!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:08am On Apr 15, 2009
@pito
By saying 'vh1, showsport are all game' I mean they are both showing too same as CNN.
I will try and concentrate more on showsport tonight since that is your new interest now.
I thought it used to be cnn.

@sayso,
Ok, I copy that. Just a bit surprised that I haven't seen your post for a while now.
That stuff still on? Wao! I didn't bother about it much since I have enough already.
I prefer to be my own 'provider' grin
And, about the signal quality, I am still surprised myself.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jujukemist(m): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2009
George_D:

@pito
By saying 'vh1, showsport are all game' I mean they are both showing too same as CNN.
I will try and concentrate more on showsport tonight since that is your new interest now.
I thought it used to be cnn.

@sayso,
Ok, I copy that. Just a bit surprised that I haven't seen your post for a while now.
That stuff still on? Wao! I didn't bother about it much since I have enough already.
I prefer to be my own 'provider' grin
And, about the signal quality, I am still surprised myself.
Pito is suffering from DOWN TIME grin viral infection, which is as a result of long time frustration of working in the magnetic pulse infected PH
Pito relax what George is telling you is the truth

George and Pito, I am back from the Militant kingdom in southern Ijaw-there will be movement-all my lines are firing,pls you guys call me, i leave for Enugu today via asaba
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fopros: 12:58pm On Apr 15, 2009
Shalom brethen,
Thanks for the great job you have been doing. Just want to ask you to help me get the W3 bird. I tried it with 90 cm dish unsuccessfully. i can easily get sirius4 but i finally had headache trying to get W3.
I also would like to know if it is possible to get nilesat with 2.4 m dish in Lome( TOGO). Is anyone able to get that bird in Acrra or Tema?
Stay all blessed
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by DareDavids(m): 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2009
@all,

Hi everyone, i have been reading this thread for the past two months now. I really wanted to know all about FTA and since i didn't have the time to experiment, i thought it would be wise not to waste any of your time. However, i have gotten so excited with every read that i am overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information that i have been able to acquire yet scared to put it into practice alone. I would like to appreciate the likes of bigjoe, badaru, twinstaiye, enigma, F-marshal, olofofo, george D, pitodenz and enitan(for attending to a total stranger on the phone and sharing knowledge) and a lot of others for your insight and effort you have put into this.

Unfortunately, i am passionately in love with FTA but can't boast of the time to experiment. After a lot of thought, I would like to settle for a setup with a 2.4m dish, at least one lnb and an echolink decoder to track nilesat. I reside in lagos and i would be glad if anyone can give a brother a hand in the locations to make my purchase and what the overall cost might be like. I also would most definitely need an extra hand to successfully track nilesat. I have done a few research myself in the past but all the information i have is currently known by the members of this thread already so i really don't have much to add in terms in info - for now though.

I'll be glad to hear from you guys on 08074282807, 08080358135, 08069679291 or damilaredavids@yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2009
Atlantic bird 4a at 7.2west
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2009
@jujukemist,
wetin dey? I've been trying to get you for some time now. Didn't
know you were still deep inside the kingdom.
Hope you get enough gist for your guys dis one wey you dey talk
of 'movement'. Are we safe? grin

@fopros,
w3a is getting more tricky everday when compared with sirius 4.
Most of the stations on its african beam have left and even last
week, go africa joined the league.
You can use mbc3 (mauritius) tp to track it:

11190V, 3210SR.

Since you already know where sirius 4 is, get it first and then track
a little to your left as if you are going back east. You'll hit green.

As for nilesat with 2.4m dish in lome. I think it's possible. adewest
should know better about that, though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.