Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,553 members, 7,861,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:39 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263058 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2009
@skylolo112,
Since you're living near lagos, the right people to help you out are right there at
your door step, so count yourself very lucky. olofofo could be of help-if he's free.
Also ekonibaje could assist you. And toxnaija too. Just send a mail to them or call
and discuss on how to meet in person and I think your FTA headache will be history.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 6:08pm On Jul 02, 2009
@George_D thanks alot and so i am trying to contact all these people lets me see if they will give out there info

@olofofo
@ekonibaje
@toxnaija

i need your help i want to install it free to air thanks alot
i know you are all knowledgeable about it thanks
i wil see your profile for your contact

if not please mail me : intimatesammy@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by wilsonjay: 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2009
@all to all guru in the house,
i reside in ibadan, and av met justx24 one to one , i have installed two 90cm dish , one for intelsat 7/10 the other for w3a, what i noticed yesterday was that,i use the same w3a dish to blind scan for sirus, and i was amazed at what i saw . dont get me wrong, i didnt move the position of w3a at all .i only use to blind scan for sirus , and i got aljazeera english with some channels in w3a, pls gurus in the house can check this out. hoping to hear ur feedback soon
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2009
@ Wilson, that is 100% possible 4d fact dat d flare of d 2sat beam r much stronger over Africa air space.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2009
@ekonibaje hello George_d just told me to meet you and probably we can talk one on one i wil like to have your contact so we can talk better thanks alot

and i see you online now
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2009
my brother adewest wetin dey happen--na fight--hw far.my number are 2348029461534.thks--skylolo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 9:17pm On Jul 02, 2009
@ekonibaje i will call you right away cos i want the Free to air headache to end so i can also move forward on the forum and add new ideas
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2009
Exple:up/down mov=elevatn,left/right mov=Azimuth.sirius is bit higher in elevtn than eutel w3.Therefore,aiming on both
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2009
Sat is achieved by a slight displacement,by aiming d elevation & d azimuth in-btw d 2 sat.CORRECT ME IF AM WRONG PLEASE
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 9:58pm On Jul 02, 2009
@ ekodonbaje, i dey kampe nothin dey happen
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2009
@wilsonjay,
It should not be a thing of surprise to you that you're receiving Sirius 4 in w3a position.
The two birds are very close together (5E & 7E) and besides, their beams are both DTH
so they are very strong. A lot of other members have already installed one dish for both
birds.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2009
shout out 2u fm ikom
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2009
@GeorgeD   @Toxnaija &All   Can you scan these tps at 18w(ait position) and get back to the house:     4140(v or h) 3500  and      4112(v or h) 1808.Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2009
@ George d, sallama 2u fm IKOM AIR SPACE.HOW U DEY ?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2009
@ Captainus,that is Niger tv.d pol depend on d posn of ur c-band dialelectric input, for me d HORIZONTAL WORKS OK
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2009
@ Captainus,sorry it's GAMBIA RADIO TELEVISION SVC-GRTS
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 3:50am On Jul 03, 2009
Pls can 90cm dish work for w3a in lagos.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 7:29am On Jul 03, 2009
@emeystan. yes w3a can gotten with 90cm. pls u guys should take ur time to read thru and stop asking about issues that has been dealt with! @Attension Newbies, If u know dat u want to learn and enjoy dis forum kndly go thru d past seasons. hence fort d hon. members of dis great forum wil no longer giv answers to issres already treated. Shalom
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 7:37am On Jul 03, 2009
All, activities and research work carried out and posted by members on this forum are for educational purposes only!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2009
@olason, thanks very much for your reply. I will like to call u, how can i reach u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 9:31am On Jul 03, 2009
To all Comrade:
i think any new member who is willing to ask any question should atleast endeavour to ready the past post , where the past post is not so clearer to him/she , and need more explanation concerning that topic,  he/she can refer the gurus to the page or pages and the gurus will be delighted to answer you, stop drawing the gurus backward,  forward ever,  backward never, less move forward, therefore, there is more to achieve ahead. more blessing!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 10:54am On Jul 03, 2009
@moderator

I wonder if it will be possible to put a kind of notice at the top of the forum page urging all newbies to read back as it has often said here. This is to avoid repeating the same message everytime
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 11:44am On Jul 03, 2009
Can any of our Ghana forum members confirm this please?

MultiTV Ghana, a new free digital satellite TV service
Kojo Oppong-Nkrumah, the host of Joy FM’s Super Morning Show has been teasing his listeners’ for some days now about a new service from Joy FM’s parent company Multimedia Group Limited. The service is essentially a free multi-channel digital satellite system available in every corner of Ghana. From the group’s website:

MultiTV Ghana
MultiTV is a nationwide free to air Television in Ghana. It currently operates 20 radio and TV channels and still counting. These include Joy TV, Joy News, Joy Sports, Adom TV, Hitz TV, 4Kids, Cine Afrik, Nhyira TV, The Jesus Channel, Real TV.

It appears subscribers would only pay for equipment (digital set-up box/decoder, satellite dish) and installation. Since the service is on satellite, it would be accessible from every corner of Ghana, and by extension most part of West Africa at least. I have no information about what satellite platform the service is on. I will share that information and as soon as I come across it.

Joy FM is easily Ghana’s best radio station. The station is very professional and has maintained high standards over the years. I will write a full review about Joy FM soon. Going by the quality offered by MGL through Joy FM, one can safely conclude that MultiTV would be a very good service.
http://www.davidajao.com/blog/2009/07/03/multitv-ghana-a-free-digital-satellite-tv-system/
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 11:48am On Jul 03, 2009
@all
Is it just only me, or you also noticed that there are lots of new interests on FTA in recent times. I think about the reasons behind it and I discovered it could not be unconnected with the fact that HITV has increased its subscription fees.

Any new members should just be directed to read previous post as there are no ways we can put that on top of the page.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2009
@twinstaiye
it could be the fact that more
fta channels are
now availlable
on the 90cm/small dishes ,and this
small dishes are
very cheap in the
nigerian market.
That could be one
of the reasons why there are lots of new interest on fta
satellite.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2009
@emeystan, u can reach me on this no. 08033231671 email: olaslasho@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2009
Comrade Twinstaiye:

i think is the same bird (astra 2b) been discuss about on page 79 by George D and the rest gurus, becos i found out that the channel mention here on MultiTV Ghana are of the same channel mention on (astra 2B) just few differences.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2009
twinstaiye:

Can any of our Ghana forum members confirm this please?

@ twinstaiye
The info about Multi tv is very true. They broadcast on Astra 2B using the Nigeria beam as posted earlier by Sammu. The Broadcast is in MPEG 4. Hence most members of the house receive only audio but no video (most of us might be using MPEG 2)Does this explain the know video ? The Oga's please throw more light.

Its FTA but u would have to purchase their box/dish for (GH¢205 or $146) .

They have started with10 channels 4 now and will be upgrading to 20 later. i know of 6 radio stations the operate nothing more.

www.myjoyonline.com for more info as well as http://multitvworld.com/ads/dealers.pdf

http://www.multitvworld.com is still under construction
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by wilsonjay: 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2009
@GURU
can anyone really explain the intention of globecast test transmission on w3a,are they willing to stay or is it just for pay tv?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2009
olason:

All, activities and research work carried out and posted by members on this forum are for educational purposes only!
That is all folk
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 5:19pm On Jul 03, 2009
wilsonjay:

@GURU
can anyone really explain the intention of globecast test transmission on w3a,are they willing to stay or is it just for pay tv?
Globalcast is a large company, now they are working with Voxafrica for DTH on Sirius 4, last time i watched their manager on Voxafrica tv, they have the intention to work with African media, both for FTA and pay tv, they already signed contracts with some tv stations that wish to broadcast the South African football world cup live, so let's cross our fingers for live football matches feeds in 2010; Hurry up, get one 90cm dish for both W3A & Sirius 4, these two close birsd have many things to reveal to FTA lovers, to install your dish, i share this info:www.satlex.net
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2009
Oga Adewest, shun for the officer! al correct sir. All, I want to believe that the reason or factors responsible for us seeing mor & mor people gettin interested in fta is as follows. 1. awareness 2.tired of payin montly subsciption 3. economic & power problem. when u begin to let people know that some ofdis so called subscriped chanels are actually fta when u hav d right equipment &d knowledge. forget abt d juju or abra. e.g cnn, bbc.euro news, etv, aljazeera, tv 5, sabc, mbc1-4, etc. why pay wen u can get dem all for free. On sirius 4 i tink dose guys are stil takin their time weather to remain open or to go encripted. lets watch and see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.