Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,002 members, 7,852,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:44 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262688 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2009
@raw-unkut

You need an mpeg4 receiver to be able to get Joytv.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2009
iwes:

All the Gurus in the house, please I need your help.

I am trying to distribute eight (cool different TV channels from eight (cool different decoders (i.e One TV channel  from each decoder) to thirty (30) different rooms in an hotel

(1)  Please which device can I use to combine the eight (cool TV  signals from the decoders in to 1 or 2 or 3 output , also where can I get this device and what will it cost me?

(2) after combining the 8 TV signals into 1 or 2 or 3 outputs, which powerful signal amplifier can I use to amplify the signal, before distributing it to the 30 different rooms, also where and at  what amount can I get the amplifier

@iwes,
The eight channels from the eight different decoders must be of the same polarity,
i.e either V or H and not both, else there will be conflict. Now, for DSTV (which is the
most popular DTH service provider patronized by hotels), this is not usually a problem
because they have cleverly arranged all their stations to be on tps of the same polarities.
Having made sure of their polarities, you need to change the RF output of each decoder
so that they have different numbers. You can choose from uhf 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44 & 46.
NO TWO DECODERS SHOULD HAVE THE SAME UHF OUTPUT else both pictures will conflict.
Now, go to the back of the decoders and you will see uhf in and uhf out ports. Loop the uhf
out of the first decoder to the uhf in of the second. Then the uhf out of the second decoder
to the uhf in of the third and so on until the last decoder.
Then take the uhf out of the last decoder and connect it to to a signal booster. You can go to
any DSTV seller and ask of him of ALCAD signal booster. It cost about 4k here. Adjust the uhf
screw on the booster until you get a sharp picture using the test output to a tv nearby. Then,
take the output of the alcad signal booster and distribute it by means of 4-way eurostar splitters
to the different rooms. Depending on how far apart the rooms are, you may need up to three
signal boosters for sharper pictures.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 1:06am On Jul 06, 2009
@ George_D

Thank for your help, I appreciate.

To be more specific , I intend to use one Dstv decoder and seven strong 4553x or 4663x series decoders, and the channels will be gotten from the satellites as stated below

NILESAT:-    1) fox series, (2) MBC 2, (3) MTV Arabia, (3) National Geographic, (4) Ajazeeral sports

NSS 7/C:-    CNN

INTERSAT 7/10 :-   etv, 

EUTESAT W4:-  Africa magic (DSTV)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 1:53am On Jul 06, 2009
@All

Please, can anyone answer this questions

(1) what is a satellite Arc?

(2) what is an inclined orbit satellite,?

(3) How do one identify inclined orbit satellites?

(4) Is Nilesat, Sirius 4 or Eu telsat 3WA , an inclined orbit satellite.?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 2:35am On Jul 06, 2009
BUTONEDAY
smart move
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 5:13am On Jul 06, 2009
@all, who can confirm if Daarsat is still free to air.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Obidebs: 8:02am On Jul 06, 2009
@olason,
greetings to you, do u stay in lagos? pls can u install my fta for me am ready to pay u. And i want to buy 3 dish, one for mytv, d second one is for nss7, the third one for etusalt w3. I'm new im this foruw, please let me know. I reside in Amukoko area very close to alaba suru. Thanks, i await for your reply.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rawunkat1: 9:55am On Jul 06, 2009
@salamander
the cost will determine whether fibre or pan, in any case my target is nilesat. So what do u recommend ?

pls can u also tell me how to get mpeg4 receiver?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:54am On Jul 06, 2009
iwes:

@ George_D

Thank for your help, I appreciate.

To be more specific , I intend to use one Dstv decoder and seven strong 4553x or 4663x series decoders, and the channels will be gotten from the satellites as stated below

NILESAT:- 1) fox series, (2) MBC 2, (3) MTV Arabia, (3) National Geographic, (4) Ajazeeral sports

NSS 7/C:- CNN

INTERSAT 7/10 :- etv,

EUTESAT W4:- Africa magic (DSTV)

@iwes,
Using what you already know about V and H polarities, you can easily figure
it out for yourself:

1) Fox series, MBC2, MTV arabia, Aljazeera sports are all on V polariities, while only
National Geo is on H tp @nilesat

2) CNN is on H (circular) tp @ NSS7/c

3) etv is on V tp @ intelsat 7/10

4) africa majic is on H tp @eutelsat w4.

Now, here's how it plays out: you will have to make a choice as to what channels you
really want to sacrifice. Check the ones on V tps against the ones on H tps and choose.
After that, you need to buy a 4-way diseqc switch to connect the four satellites.

However, if you insist on connecting all the channels as you propose, then you have to
go for the more expensive option of using a multi-switch. Also you will need a dual out
put lnb for nilesat, NSS C & Eutelsat w4.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:00am On Jul 06, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Bros, my nilesat has been up since last night. Just like I suspected, it was
the neck that shifted out of alignment just a little. What I did was to use the
jack to track it upwards towards badr. I heard the neck snap back into
position and when I brought it back, there was green! MTV arabia (11977v)
was hitting 70% quality though BBc was cracking a bit at 54%. I will still
examine it when I get home this evening. I may need to finetune it a little
and possiby see how to prevent it shiftting next time.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 12:17pm On Jul 06, 2009
please menbers what need is the position of crtv and how track it please help me any help wil of good to me,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ohikhena(m): 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ all,

Great are the things u guys are doing.
Kudos to George D,Pitodenz,Adewest,Buteoneday,Dejsam,Olason and fellow forumites to numerous to mention,

@ all newbees,

Please try to go through past post they surely would guide us better and if need be ask questions with refrence to past post.

Just concluded my semester exams b4 the ASUU strike and have been down with malaria.but am getting strongerand hope to get in touch with my bro Dejsam who has some stuff i need here in Yola.Once again do have a blessed week.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2009
This post was copied on part II page 26
I can sort you out with an 8-Way Disecq send me a mail on ecowas4all@yahoo.com
@ECOWAS4ALL,
Thanks so much for your help. I have already sent you a mail on this (pinkboy_ng) but then I saw Pitodenz reply on the subject. I think I'm going to try his idea and see if it works. If it doesn't then maybe I will still settle for the 8-way afterall.

Get a 2 ways eurostar splitter and connect the wires from pas 7/10 lnb and the one from nss7ku lnb and give them one port,use the remaining 3 ports for other satellites.N.B. The two satellites u combined together will now use the same port number.e.g.port #2 will be for both nss7ku and pas7/10.
@Pitodenz,
Thanks so much for your suggestion. I will try it out and see how it goes.

Comrade George D and other gurus, after going through your post on part II page 26 can u please explain this position of yours to me better , am having problem with my disecq, 5 LNB, one for pas 7/10, and the rest LNB are on 1.8 dish (Nss 7, Sirius, W3A, Nilesat), the distribution is given me a problem, please can u help me out.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2009
hi all i hope this is de probrem but maybe i wil get a solution please my nokia 2300 is sayign contact serves pls can someone help me
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 2:11pm On Jul 06, 2009
Jesu de:

This post was copied on part II page 26
I can sort you out with an 8-Way Disecq send me a mail on ecowas4all@yahoo.com
@ECOWAS4ALL,
Thanks so much for your help. I have already sent you a mail on this (pinkboy_ng) but then I saw Pitodenz reply on the subject. I think I'm going to try his idea and see if it works. If it doesn't then maybe I will still settle for the 8-way afterall.

Get a 2 ways eurostar splitter and connect the wires from pas 7/10 lnb and the one from nss7ku lnb and give them one port,use the remaining 3 ports for other satellites.N.B. The two satellites u combined together will now use the same port number.e.g.port #2 will be for both nss7ku and pas7/10.
@Pitodenz,
Thanks so much for your suggestion. I will try it out and see how it goes.

@ jesu de,

if connecting these five birds together is ur problem,its simple to resolve.this is just what u need to do.

if u are residing in the north like myself,normally,ur 1.8m dish will pick four birds with the use of 3 lnbs. i.e- the main lnb will be facing nilesat,while there will be other two attachment.one for nss 7 and the other will pick both sirius and eutelsat w3a.then u will have another 65-90 cm dish that will be facing intelsat 7/10 for etv.

then the disect connection goes this way.disect 1 will be nilesat disect two will be nss7 disect 3 will be sirius and w3a and disect four will be intelsat 7/10.which will give u a total of 5 birds as both w3a and sirius are picked by one lnb.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ all
I used "Hitv" dish measuring 60cm x 66cm (60cm for short) to track Eut W4, but tracking Intelsat 7/10, I was only able to catch Mana sat 1$2. Mytv an other fta are not comming out green even after fine tunning lnb. what could be the problem house?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by uchesnna: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2009
Greetings to my people,

Geroge D, how are u, i hope fine. i miss bros . really i did try since last week , but i could not get the birds that u gave me the tracking frequency . i dont know why i could not get any signal . pls do u have any solution to this bro , i will be glad if u can be of help to me THIS WHERE THE SATELITE NAMES: .intelsat 901. intelsat 907,intelsat 10-02 ,INTELSAT 903.

THANKS BRO .

STILL COUNTING ON YOU .

UCHENNA WRITES
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2009
@Comrade Dejsam,

thank you for your quick intervention, i will try to see whether i will be able to combine the two birds in one LNB (Sirius and Eutelsat W3A),  becos it took me several days be4 i could be able to get W3A, i know is possible becos several gurus in the house has done that, i will feed u back on my outcome.

thank you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rugambwar: 4:02pm On Jul 06, 2009
hello members, greetings from fellow fta enthusiasts from the east african diaspora, we mainly link up from the east african forum, but was informed of this forum. i have been requested to get a sample of the coco card, adacabara card and the juju card for testing back in our region as we are unable to acquire then save for dubai. esp to george_d who indicates their availability, i am in lagos for a stint of work and would like to get some for my brothers back home to do some more testing upon. our major advantage is that we straddle the equator, thus we mainly using motorized dishes adjust the elevation and only infrequently the azimuth. our forum is http://forum.paytv.ro/showthread.php?t=36090&page=110. any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ rugambwar.I could smell a rat o! I wonder what pay tv forum has got to do with a fta forum.Somebody should try and figure out the equation.May be you are looking for FUFU card.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2009
rugambwar:

hello members, greetings from fellow fta enthusiasts from the east african diaspora, we mainly link up from the east african forum, but was informed of this forum. i have been requested to get a sample of the coco card, adacabara card and the juju card for testing back in our region as we are unable to acquire then save for dubai. esp to george_d who indicates their availability, i am in lagos for a stint of work and would like to get some for my brothers back home to do some more testing upon. our major advantage is that we straddle the equator, thus we mainly using motorized dishes adjust the elevation and only infrequently the azimuth. our forum is http://forum.paytv.ro/showthread.php?t=36090&page=110. any help on this is greatly appreciated.

if you are truly in lagos give me a call, am sure i can be of help. 08033401080. I did not know that there was a specific thread dedicated to african viewers on that forum. thanks for pointing it out. am sure they can learn from us and vice versa.

@butoneday

WELDONE DOOO. holla when when you can for some cost saving info regarding our mutual interest.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rawunkat1: 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2009
MULTI TV - FACT SHEET

WHAT IS MULTI TV?
MULTI TV is a stunningly new Free-To-Air Multiple channel Digital Direct To-Home TV service.

Multi TV is another exciting media offering from the MULTIMEDIA GROUP, the indigenous Ghanaian company that brought you JOY FM, ADOM FM, MYJOYONLINE.COM and 5 other great media brands.

We are committed to:

DIGITAL TV ACCESS FOR ALL: We believe that quality digital TV should be accessible to everybody; not just reserved for the privileged few. Multi TV brings world class entertainment from across the world into every home.

LOCAL PRODUCTION: While Multi TV will feature the best of international content, we will consistently support and actively promote local content production and broadcast.

WHAT CHANNELS DO I GET?
Multi TV is currently offering great choice in a bouquet of 20 stunning TV & radio channels. This will gradually grow to over 200 channels in the future.
Our 7 day 24 hour on-screen program guide makes it easy to choose what to watch and listen to anytime.

We also have the capacity to deliver HD (high definition) transmission in the future. HD will give you up to 5 times more picture detail than standard TV.

With this, you will get deeper, richer, more lifelike pictures plus awesome surround sound that puts you at the centre of the action.

HOW DO I “TUNE IN” TO MULTI TV?
To receive and enjoy our programmes, you will be required to install a Digibox and a KU-Band satellite dish. We recommend that you deal with our preferred dealers.

WHAT IS A DIGIBOX & WHERE CAN I ACQUIRE ONE?
It is an MPEG 4 Digital Set-Top Box that enables you to watch the digital signals on your TV set. Digital signals give superb quality sound and crystal clear quality pictures.
You may acquire one from any of our preferred dealers or call Multi TV on 021-211680-5. You may also visit our site: www.multitvworld.com for a list of our preferred dealers.

The basic Digibox starts from GH¢150.00.

The basic full kit [basic Digibox + Dish] plus installation starts from GH¢205.00.
The premium full kit [premium Digibox + Dish] plus installation starts from GH¢250.00.

CAN I USE ANY SATELITE DISH TO RECEIVE MULTI TV SIGNAL?
You can use any KU-Band dish but we recommend a 90cm dish

AM I REQUIRED TO PAY ANY SUBSCRIPTIONS OR MONTHLY FEES?
NO! It is FRRREEEEE… you will not pay subscriptions or monthly fees ever.

DOES YOUR SERVICE HAVE PARENTAL CONTROL FEATURE?
Yes it does… Our Parental Control feature allows you to restrict access to any program that you do not want your children to watch.

This means a password is required to watch certain categories of programming.

WHERE CAN I GET MULTI TV RECEPTION?
Multi TV is for everyone and is everywhere! Multi TV offers true nationwide coverage from the northernmost to the remotest part of Ghana.

CAN I USE MY REDUNDANT [GBS, DSTV etc] DISH TO RECEIVE THE SIGNAL?
Yes, you can, but you need an installer to re-align your dish to receive the Multi TV signal and you would still need to acquire a Multi TV Digibox.

CAN I USE MY DSTV DISH WITH THE MULTI TV DIGIBOX TO RECEIVE THE MULTI TV SIGNAL AND STILL WATCH MY DSTV?
NO.
Multi TV is on a different satellite.

To watch both services, you will require another dish directed to the Multi TV signal.

DO YOU HAVE DUAL VIEW FEATURES?
Yes. This is available on the premium Digibox. The dual view premium Digibox enables you to record your favorite programmes and also watch different channels in different rooms.

CAN I OPERATE MY OWN CHANNEL ON YOUR PLATFORM?
Yes any organization [e.g. church, independent producer, football club or existing TV operator etc.] may acquire a dedicated channel in our bouquet.
Contact the General Manager on 021-211680-5.

WILL THE PICTURE BREAK OR IS THE SIGNAL LOST WHEN IT RAINS? IS THERE ANYTHING ONE CAN DO TO STOP THAT?
This is known as “rain fade” and it affects all satellite broadcast systems during heavy rain.

MULTI TV ensures that under most circumstances our cherished viewers are not affected by this. However in heavy rain it can sometimes be unavoidable.

To check that you have a good signal in normal weather conditions, you can view both signal strength and quality levels on the Installation satellite scan menu.

Signal strength should exceed 86% and signal quality should exceed 68% in clear weather.

WHO SHOULD I CONTACT IF THERE IS A PROBLEM?
Contact your dealer/installer or call Multi TV on 021-211680-5 or
Visit us online: www.multitvworld.com

Join the Multi TV Family –––––stunning world class TV for EVERYONE

MULTI TV: MORE TV FOR FRREEEEE
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rawunkat1: 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2009
Gurus u can agree with me that what i just posted is not what we want. What we really want is their frequencies etc
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by labak1997: 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2009
need help in setting up a Free to Air television at Ibadan. Anyone who is in the field and can do the installation for me please send your phones and email addresses. I will pay for this service.

Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
@rugambwar,
I just checked out your forum and I must say I was greatly impressed. What you people
lack in terms of info and product availability, we take for granted here on nairaland.
You will do well to hook up with olofofo in lagos since you're in town. Just call him by the
phone number he has provided and all your coco & abara card inquiries will be adequately
answered.
You are welcome to our side of the equator.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2009
iwes:

@All

Please, can anyone answer this questions

(1) what is a satellite Arc?

(2) what is an inclined orbit satellite,?

(3) How do one identify inclined orbit satellites?

(4) Is Nilesat, Sirius 4 or Eu telsat 3WA , an inclined orbit satellite.?

@iwes,
The above questions are purely academic in nature. While I am very much in support of theory
for the sake of learning the fundamentals of satellite technology, I must point out to you that
you don't really need any of these info to be able to track the simplest of birds being intelsat 7/10.
All the same, pls click on the link below and read all you can. This site will answer all your questions
and much more. I personally printed out hard copies of almost that entire website and read it for
days when I was just starting out like you. In the long run, it pays to read all you can lay your
hands on so that you can support your practical experience with theory when the time comes:

http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp2.html#anchor166032
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2009
@Jesu de,
That 8-way diseqc switch has since been overtaken by events. Back then I had several
90cm dishes scattered about the compound and that was when I was in serious need of
a multiple outlet diseqc. I have however done away with those dishes and replaced them
with a single motorized system. I still make use of a diseqc but the regular 4-way type is
more than enough for my 3-in-1 lnb set up now.

You can try what dejsam told you about combining w3a and sirius 4 in one position and
see how far it goes.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by loluskysat(m): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2009
@Twinstaiye
I didn't see or hear from you again

@Olofofo
I have confirmed, if you're ready let me know
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 11:07pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ George_D

thanks for the info
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 1:17am On Jul 07, 2009
rugamwar
salutations. you can see what the rdi-board lacks.
eduzo

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.