Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:34 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263202 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2009
@ all - Long time miss u all. I was in a jungle in Ebonyi State, George D and Butoneday how una dey. I ll be lauching a new software for ftb 2nite. Hope it ll put a smile in our faces. Plz send ur various yahoo account to my box for the attachment forwarding.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2009
@pito,
welcome back from the jungle. how was your trip?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2009
adewest:

@ George d, sallama 2u fm IKOM AIR SPACE.HOW U DEY ?

Oga adewest,
allekun sallam (hope I got that right? grin) How is ikom air space?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2009
please bros about the joytv how can i track the siginal.please give me the freequencys i am in ghana pleassssssss,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2009
@ rich8
pls read pages 75,76,77,78 .you find answers to your question and other useful info you need for tracking the Astra 2B Birds.
Thanx
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Olubachar(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2009
@
PITO,
Here is my yahoo a/c (olubachar1@yahoo.com) thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2009
captainus:

@GeorgeD   @Toxnaija &All   Can you scan these tps at 18w(ait position) and get back to the house:     4140(v or h) 3500  and      4112(v or h) 1808.Thanks

@captainus,
I just scanned those tps and they're both french speaking stations. my decoder captures them
as TV1-4112H intels and TV1 -4140H intels. I must say also that their signal quality is not so high.
Maximum I'm getting is 50% though it is raining here at present.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:42pm On Jul 03, 2009
@ All
I salute una.

Since I am not getting a good signal with my 6m fibre dish, I will be reducing it to about four meters on Monday next week by trimming the outer end. This means that I will be removing about 1 meter length of fibre material around the circumference of the dish. This section of the dish is badly warped. Thereafter, it will be tested again to see if it will work well.

@ George_D,
I hail O!!!. The all night browsing plan is working fine even in the day. Thanks for coordinating.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Bros, that your dish na wao! e be like say e no wan make you enjoy nilesat for
that your side o!
Are you sure reducing the size of the dish is the answer? Anyway sha it may be
worth a trial. But what about that other thing I suggested? Why not contact
that our man and let him make something better for you? That guy's mould is a
foreign one and may give you better results for less dish size, you understand
what I mean?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 1:51am On Jul 04, 2009
BUTONEDAY
why would you want to mess around with that 6m dish? I suggest you leave it as it is . I do not think that cutting bits of it will solve the problem. I stand to be corrected though.
eduzo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Adeexy: 2:35am On Jul 04, 2009
Oga pitodenz

Hope jungle was fine, d software u said u were going to send I didn't get it, well i hope u send it dis time dis is my yahoo mail add:
aderemisamuel09@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2009
@george-D, why is it that a channel will be on in the day, it'll give you 60% signal. But at night, it turns red. That is the case with the france 24 i told you about. Any solution, or is it from weather?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2009
@butoneday,

i have made findings on the stuff we discussed last time on phone.i will send the datails to ur box for further action.

about the cutting of ur dish.i dont think it is the best option o.if the focal lenght is what is giving u problems,then why dont u get a manual focal to get the exact lenght u want then u now make it a permanent one.i explain what u should do to george d about the focal issue.u can still enquire from him and he will put u through.

@george d,

what about our discussion on those receivers.i checked the money house for the stuff but nothing showed up.has there been any change of plans?.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2009
@Dejsam,
Sorry, I couldn't send the stuff as earlier discussed. I will get in touch
with you for a re-scheduled date. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2009
nice i have read all the thread and now i am ready to move on with the house thanks all guru
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 9:01pm On Jul 04, 2009
All
National Geographic Channel is now on Badr 6 (26 degree East)(Freq:11804 H SR:27500) and Atlantic Bird 4A (7 degree West, same position with nilesat)(Freq: 10911 V, SR:27500) and it is free to Air
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2009
williams85:

@george-D, why is it that a channel will be on in the day, it'll give you 60% signal. But at night, it turns red. That is the case with  the france 24 i told you about. Any solution,  or is it from weather?

@williams85,
Some transponders behave funny depending on their effective irradiated power (EiRP) and
the location where you're receiving their signals.
Take the case of nilesat v and h polarity transponders. From our experience here in the
south-south and south-west, the v -polarity tps are stronger during the night while the
h-polarity tps come strong at daylight. The same thing may be happening to france24 and
aljazeera on NSS7/c. Notice that CNN which is on H (circular) tp appears to be very
strong while france24 and others on V (circular) tp are somehow weak. So, the reverse
of nilesat maybe playing out here. Hope this helps?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2009
@ All,
I have decided to shelve the idea of trimming of my 6m fiber dish at least for now. I will contact that guy in Warri to make me a three meter fibre and then it will be tested. Fortunately, I have enough materials to make a dish of that size.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
This may be the best decision you have taken in months. I'm sure you will
be relieved after that guy finishes the job for you.

How far about your MBC? My nilesat is still showing red even with better
weather. If I study it till tomorrow and still the same, i might be forced to
swing into action on Monday smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2009
All the Gurus in the house, please I need your help.

I am trying to distribute eight (cool different TV channels from eight (cool different decoders (i.e One TV channel from each decoder) to thirty (30) different rooms in an hotel

(1) Please which device can I use to combine the eight (cool TV signals from the decoders in to 1 or 2 or 3 output , also where can I get this device and what will it cost me?

(2) after combining the 8 TV signals into 1 or 2 or 3 outputs, which powerful signal amplifier can I use to amplify the signal, before distributing it to the 30 different rooms, also where and at what amount can I get the amplifier
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 6:13am On Jul 05, 2009
@George_D,
Bros, my 4.5m dish have moved from position. It was due to that ill wind on Friday afternoon. I watched my dish moved when the wind was blowing. My nilesat is still on red. I will reposition the dish tomorrow morning.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 7:46am On Jul 05, 2009
@GEORGE D,    please  can you help explain this/??.    i   helped a brother install  his nilesat . we started  from 9 am  till 12pm  without hitting green  . i used  11938v which is the  strongest tp. this is kind of funny cause  this is something that usually takes  20 min to track.   then i decided to use  h position  and instantly  the green came  but the the strenght was weak .  i have done everything  i know to get the signal up to 54% but the lest i could get is  50% by day and 54  by night.  i tried  changing  the lnb from strong to fuji ,  its the same  . the dish  is strong  2.4m pan
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2009
@ Emexi Let me come in here, first change the dish location,secondly if ur lnb is not upside down that is if the channel u re getting from the H tp re actually the H channels then try another receiver. My brother these things can be funny at times.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2009
[center]@pitodenz, yes sir i have moved the dish around and have tried different receivers with the sme result, tommorrow i shall try badr ku and see what would happen, shall let you know outcome, [/center]
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2009
emexi:

[center]@pitodenz, yes sir i have moved the dish around and have tried different receivers with the sme result, tommorrow i shall try badr ku and see what would happen, shall let you know outcome, [/center]
[/quote

@ Emexi,
Where in the country, city and district u did move the dish around.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:12pm On Jul 05, 2009
@emexi,
The weather these days has not been too favorable for nilesat installations. But however
that does not mean you shouldn't be able to get more than 50% signal quality on your
11938v. Sometimes though, depending on your location, some particular tps could behave
funny. Try 11977v (mtv arabia). It is proving to be the better tp for tracking these days here
in the south. Also, are you sure that 2.4m dish is perfectly parabolic? The problem with most
of these pan dishes is that they easily get warped and you may not easily notice until you
try to install them and they start giving you problem.
So, check that the dish is not bent and use that mtv arabia tp tomorrow and tell the house
your results. Remember also that your LNB position matters a lot. Normal lnb tweaking for
nilesat here in south is a little after 4'o clock position facing the dish and facing west. Again
you can always use the lnb tweaking pole to adjust it to get best signal.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@George_D,
Bros, my 4.5m dish have moved from position. It was due to that ill wind on Friday afternoon. I watched my dish moved when the wind was blowing. My nilesat is still on red. I will reposition the dish tomorrow morning.

@BUTONEDAY,
It's becoming increasingly likely too that I may have to work on my dish from tomorrow. I think
the wind shifted mine also. Funny because I thought I tightened it final.Na wa for this heavy
breeze of these days o! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2009
@pitodenz,
What's happening to the software you promised to send since Friday?
Not ready yet?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rawunkat1: 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2009
4m dish in urgently needed, no mesh pls. i live in tema
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rawunkat1: 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2009
I know im going back to already treated subject but i cant help myself. can the Guru's help me out as to how to get Joy TV freqs because all i get now is audio.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2009
hi bros.please i stel dont un someting abuot the crtv it,s weking in west africa becuse am in ghana please help me,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 8:16pm On Jul 05, 2009
@raw-unkat

Fibre or pan?

@rich8
I seemed not to understand u. Could you elaborate a bit pls?

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.