Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,322 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

My Wife Shows No Affection - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Shows No Affection (44932 Views)

Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos) / "I Caught My Wife & Driver Making Love In My House" - Lagos Businessman / My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
otiigba1:
LOL okay o! Show him not touch him? Its not you i don't trust, its him.*jokes* hian! Russia kwa? Kedu ife i na eme na Russia? Abi you go see MR putin? grin grin

Lol a na ma zu afia na Russia grin
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by interleukin(f): 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
grin what was that : Demons for sex

**Lmao....... Lord have mercy!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

I have died of laughter.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by MarieSucre(f): 10:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

My brother, the first thing you are doing wrong is that you are essentially rewarding bad behaviour.

Psychology 101: what gets rewarded gets done.

If you keep coming to work late, does your boss try bribing you with beer to become a better employee? I think not.

Secondly, sex with your wife is not something to be negotiated. Some wise guy rightly said: "Negotiated desire leads to obligated compliance". I believe you don't want the fireworks version and not a chore. This is the problem with counseling and complaining and whatnot.

Furthermore, your situation is not in the least unique. What is currently happening to you is just a universal story of women using their husbands for financial security and babies. And then keeping their legs shut.

Well, because her mission is accomplished.

You haven't seen a pattern, because you haven't looked. Similar stories are all over the internet, men from different cultures and continents, but the same story.

Women are lovely to look at, but beneath their lovely exterior lies an evolutionary serpent. Cunning, machiavellian and absolutely ruthless.

Last week, I watched the South African lion-whisperer guy on NatGeo, and the narrator said something very striking...he said experts criticized the Kevin Richardson guy because the tendency was for people to think lions were nice cuddly pets...instead of vicious predators.

Women too are not nice cuddly pets.

The thing with most of us men is that we barely know what we are dealing with. On the surface, they may not know what they are doing, but their software is fully aware, forever seeking its goals and totally unforgiving.

The only language it speaks is power. And it has zero sympathy for weaknesses.

You see its hidden hand whenever a young girl, somewhere, follows a 'bad-boy', instead of the nice nerd. You see it whenever a woman upgrades to a more dominant, more successful male. You see its hand each time a wife or girlfriend wields sex as a bludgeon. You see it whenever a woman masks a child's paternity and passes it off as yours.

You see it whenever an old flame is ignited just because you found a new mate. You see it each time women are into you - just because other women are into you.

You see it whenever a woman starts hoarding her vagina because she has accomplished her mission. In the US, for example, this is the point at which she divorces you, takes your house and babies and leaves you all fvcked up.

Short, bald, fat ugly men are getting laid by their wives. You don't need to be a model to fvck your own wife man.

Marriage is supposed to be the highest union and bond she could ever form with any human being on this planet. And fvcking you is one of the least things she could possibly do for you...and she is not doing it.

And if she's not fvcking you, she is derelict in her duty to God and to the marriage institution.

You owe it to yourself to seek your pleasures and comfort in whatever other arms that give it.

Be the man you are meant to be. Speak less in bribery, but in consequences.
1. Has she always been like this? at the inception of the
union or during courtship
2.if the answer to No1 is NO, start doing those things that
used to thrill her & make her feel loved, this will only work
on the grounds that there are no issues between you two
2a. If she is angry at you cos of what you did or did not
do, then all ur entreaties will be irritating to her, so find out
2b. Find out is she is having any medical issues eg
depression, is she in some kind of trouble, maybe money
issues, is all well with her family etc
3.if the answer to No 1, is YES. Why then are you
complaining?
4. I will recommend 5 love languages by Dr Gary
chapman, go read it
It talks about how we give & show love, if you keep
showing love to your wife the way u want & not how she
wants, then ur efforts will be futile
eg some ladies feel loved when u spend quality with them,
show them attention. If you substitute this action with
gifts, you will find out no matter the gifts you buy, if you
don't spend time with them it will mean nothing to them
You hear such women say" I want to spend time with my
husband" while another says " my husband can travel all
he wants, he should leave enough money for me & the
kids"
there is nothing wrong with them, it's just their love
language, so if u spend quality time with the one that
loves money/gifts without the gift, all that time will
amount to nothing
The love languages are
1.words of affirmation
2.gifts
3.acts of service
4.quality time
5.physical touch
Can you identify yours?
Can you identify that of your spouse?
(Quote ) ( Report ) 1 Like (Like) (Share)

The abovementioned comment was posted by harveyspec on page8.
Now compare your comment to his. In your last lines you mention how she is not delivering her end of the marriage institution then you proceed to advise him to break his own end(cheat). And you even dared to mention God in the same breath as advising him to cheat. What happened to 'for better for worse'.Two wrongs=a right in your dictionary *clap for yourself* Next time you're complaining about all that is wrong in Nigeria, look in the mirror you'll find one staring back at you.
One more thing please post your real name here so we women can avoid a life of misery from wolf in Sheep's clothing. We are not into bestiality, we like our life partners to be men not wild animals. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
U have to talk to her. She's an 'extreme introvert'. Such pple kips to themselves and never make any move towards being friendly to others. They lack confidence and are filled with d fear of d unknown such as ' wat will he think of me if I make a move on him?' , ' wat if he turns me down dat he's not in d mood?' etc.

Call her and tell her dat she's free to make a move on u, dat in fact, dat u want her to. Then b ready to respond when she tries cos dat will boost her confidence and make her try again and again.

Wit time, she will b able to initiate sex wit u.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by TrishaP(f): 10:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
naijaboiy:
God help me not to marry such type of a woman. lipsrsealed

I hate emotional stress. undecided
It's only normal especially after having kids. The only solution is communication and understanding.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by naijaboiy: 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
TrishaP:

It's only normal especially after having kids. The only solution is communication and understanding.
Hmmm...but I think the Op has already done that. but yet no change.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by TrishaP(f): 11:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
naijaboiy:

Hmmm...but I think the Op has already done that. but yet no change.
I think there is more to his complains than meet the eyes.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
Tomfrench:
nice point cool

Merci smiley

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by gsalvatore: 11:41pm On Jul 05, 2015
Some women are plain cold/frigid.

You didn't see this when you were dating her?

Now you want to make it it look as if she changed all of a sudden.

I shake my fvcking head
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
histemple:
Find out what catches her fancy and try that. It's possible she really loves you but she might be shy. It sounds strange but some ladies are too shy not to initiate plays or play dirty with their husband.

Truth...Bt dis is funny...if I don't play dirty with my husband who I want come play dirty with??...my friend?? undecided...smh...ladies sha
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by bobojoshua(m): 12:07am On Jul 06, 2015
harveyspec:

1. Has she always been like this? at the inception of the union or during courtship

2.if the answer to No1 is NO, start doing those things that used to thrill her & make her feel loved, this will only work on the grounds that there are no issues between you two

2a. If she is angry at you cos of what you did or did not do, then all ur entreaties will be irritating to her, so find out

2b. Find out is she is having any medical issues eg depression, is she in some kind of trouble, maybe money issues, is all well with her family etc

3.if the answer to No 1, is YES. Why then are you complaining?

4. I will recommend 5 love languages by Dr Gary chapman, go read it

It talks about how we give & show love, if you keep showing love to your wife the way u want & not how she wants, then ur efforts will be futile

eg some ladies feel loved when u spend quality with them, show them attention. If you substitute this action with gifts, you will find out no matter the gifts you buy, if you don't spend time with them it will mean nothing to them

You hear such women say" I want to spend time with my husband" while another says " my husband can travel all he wants, he should leave enough money for me & the kids"

there is nothing wrong with them, it's just their love language, so if u spend quality time with the one that loves money/gifts without the gift, all that time will amount to nothing

The love languages are

1.words of affirmation
2.gifts
3.acts of service
4.quality time
5.physical touch

Can you identify yours?
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by naijaboiy: 12:44am On Jul 06, 2015
TrishaP:

I think there is more to his complains than meet the eyes.
Hmm..
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Ayocharles(m): 12:53am On Jul 06, 2015
I don't understand why your complain is coming after two kids! its very very too late... To me the fault is coming from you!
1). Two kids at 36! you need family planning already
2). You need to channel all that love of yours on those two kids, it seems to me you don't show care for the kids and that makes her worry not to want to have another baby.
3). you need to find a spark in your marriage. Take her out, hold hands and stroll together, kiss her in public and don't always expect sex all the time.
4). talk and gist about what she likes most, listen to her and make jokes on every comments until she laugh out loud
5). And lastly, after two kids her vagina must have expanded double, do something about your penis too my brother. It's possible she doesn't feel ur kitten again. use drugs or enlarge your penis too
trust me, it might be the problem.....
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by 2CatWoman: 1:24am On Jul 06, 2015
charlezok:
I am a 36 year old man in pretty good shape, 6'2" and good looking. I am a very affectionate and loving person, but my wife is not. I am always the one to initiate sex, hugs, kisses, or any type of physical contact. I don't understand why she's so cold to me. I love her with all my heart, but she is breaking me down. I have tried doing more of the housework, working out 5 days a week, anything I could think of to get her more interested in me but nothing works. She tells me that she loves me, but she doesn't make me feel loved at all. I want her to want to be with me without me asking her too. We have 2 kids that I am committed to being here for, so I am at a loss as to what I should do. Sorry for rambling, but a brother needs help here.

You haven't posted any replies to your own thread.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by skyfullofstars(f): 4:41am On Jul 06, 2015
I have the same problem with my husband... I'm very affectionate, he's not at all. He doesn't do it on purpose, that's just the way he is. It still drives me insane... sad
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by skyfullofstars(f): 4:44am On Jul 06, 2015
gsalvatore:
Some women are plain cold/frigid.

You didn't see this when you were dating her?

Now you want to make it it look as if she changed all of a sudden.

I shake my fvcking head

Same for men, not just for women... It's simply a personality trait. Sometimes you still love the person, however you feel empty, as if there was something missing, that doesn't take the love away but it makes you unhappy anyway, not to receive the desired attention... I knowfrom my very own experience
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by charlezok(m): 6:13am On Jul 06, 2015
harveyspec:

1. Has she always been like this? at the inception of the union or during courtship

2.if the answer to No1 is NO, start doing those things that used to thrill her & make her feel loved, this will only work on the grounds that there are no issues between you two

2a. If she is angry at you cos of what you did or did not do, then all ur entreaties will be irritating to her, so find out

2b. Find out is she is having any medical issues eg depression, is she in some kind of trouble, maybe money issues, is all well with her family etc

3.if the answer to No 1, is YES. Why then are you complaining?

4. I will recommend 5 love languages by Dr Gary chapman, go read it

It talks about how we give & show love, if you keep showing love to your wife the way u want & not how she wants, then ur efforts will be futile

eg some ladies feel loved when u spend quality with them, show them attention. If you substitute this action with gifts, you will find out no matter the gifts you buy, if you don't spend time with them it will mean nothing to them

You hear such women say" I want to spend time with my husband" while another says " my husband can travel all he wants, he should leave enough money for me & the kids"

there is nothing wrong with them, it's just their love language, so if u spend quality time with the one that loves money/gifts without the gift, all that time will amount to nothing

The love languages are

1.words of affirmation
2.gifts
3.acts of service
4.quality time
5.physical touch

Can you identify yours?

Thanks for this piece. It goes a long way in helping me out on this issue. I really appreciate.

I am overwhelmed by the response and advice from everyone on this thread, you will not understand the impact you have made in my life with your comments. I want to say am already putting into play most of the advice I have seen on the thread and it yielding positive results.

Currently we are discussing about our challenges and am seeing reasons why she has not been affectionate lately. We have both agreed on ways we can work things out. Thanks to everyone that commented on this issue, I really appreciate it. And may God bless you all in time of need.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by extoonline(m): 7:11am On Jul 06, 2015
These people weh go just see ONE fine looking terrorist and jump into marriage, had it been you took your time to study her OR had a relationship with her for at least two years, you for know all these things before getting yourself traped in marrage,

well as it stand now, your going now way, you have not just your non romantic wife but two kids who will surfer the pains of seprated parents, so dont even think of leaving before God go purnish you, Stay there and drink your pap weh you preper.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by segcymoor(m): 7:34am On Jul 06, 2015
Ayocharles:
I don't understand why your complain is coming after two kids! its very very too late... To me the fault is coming from you!
1). Two kids at 36! you need family planning already
2). You need to channel all that love of yours on those two kids, it seems to me you don't show care for the kids and that makes her worry not to want to have another baby.
3). you need to find a spark in your marriage. Take her out, hold hands and stroll together, kiss her in public and don't always expect sex all the time.
4). talk and gist about what she likes most, listen to her and make jokes on every comments until she laugh out loud
5). And lastly, after two kids her vagina must have expanded double, do something about your penis too my brother. It's possible she doesn't feel ur kitten again. use drugs or enlarge your penis too
trust me, it might be the problem.....
Correct!
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by 1miccza: 8:02am On Jul 06, 2015
charlezok:
I am a 36 year old man in pretty good shape, 6'2" and good looking. I am a very affectionate and loving person, but my wife is not. I am always the one to initiate sex, hugs, kisses, or any type of physical contact. I don't understand why she's so cold to me. I love her with all my heart, but she is breaking me down. I have tried doing more of the housework, working out 5 days a week, anything I could think of to get her more interested in me but nothing works. She tells me that she loves me, but she doesn't make me feel loved at all. I want her to want to be with me without me asking her too. We have 2 kids that I am committed to being here for, so I am at a loss as to what I should do. Sorry for rambling, but a brother needs help here.

Bro don't be surprised that your wife might just be showing that affection to someone else. It simply means she got married to you out of pity not really that she actually loves you...
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by gsalvatore: 10:31am On Jul 06, 2015
skyfullofstars:

Same for men, not just for women... It's simply a personality trait. Sometimes you still love the person, however you feel empty, as if there was something missing, that doesn't take the love away but it makes you unhappy anyway, not to receive the desired attention... I knowfrom my very own experience

"Sometimes you still love the person, however you feel empty, as if there was something missing, that doesn't take the love away but it makes you unhappy anyway, not to receive the desired attention."

Sounds like Confusion.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by gsalvatore: 10:32am On Jul 06, 2015
skyfullofstars:

"Sometimes you still love the person, however you feel empty, as if there was something missing, that doesn't take the love away but it makes you unhappy anyway, not to receive the desired attention."

Sounds like Confusion.

Just curious, how long gone did this very experience lasted?
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by gsalvatore: 10:35am On Jul 06, 2015
It might be refreshing to you all to know that most folks give advice on here are actually Single.

Talk about asking a frog to give you a seat... The reptile is squatting for fvcking sake. grin
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by trapQ: 11:21am On Jul 06, 2015
awww!!! you sound like a sweet husband.

I was like that once. the guy always initiated everything but I loved him to death.

try talking to her
charlezok:
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by trapQ: 11:28am On Jul 06, 2015
aswear I was like that, and I loved him so damn much. was too shy to initiate nothing .
histemple:
Find out what catches her fancy and try that. It's possible she really loves you but she might be shy. It sounds strange but some ladies are too shy not to initiate plays or play dirty with their husband.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by otiigba1(m): 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
datalossvictim1:

Lol a na ma zu afia na Russia grin

afia azu fridge grin *jokes* na your own better o! jisie ike!
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Ruby2015: 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
I didn't take time to read all the posts (my ? might have been asked) and as you can see, I am VERY new to nairaland. My one question is: was she like this before you married her? Sometimes I have no pity for what most men / women experience during their marriage, there are certain things you should have taken note of and would have decided to tolerate before marry anyone (except they are good pretenders). Apart from that some men would leave the dotting women (because they think they are acting desperate), and marry the care free women. you cant order for iPhone 3 and get iPhone 6 na...

I hope you find some peace and resolve in your wahala though...

Single and searching, affectionate, loving, sex initiating, kissing hugging, kissloves no wahala Ruby... wink
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 07, 2015
harrysterol:
my run away love
...howya wink grin
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 07, 2015
harrysterol:
;Dnot fine still picking up the pieces of the hrtbreak sad cool
...pelee dear kiss kiss
Who broke ya heart make we bulldoze the person? You are my ''G'' yano wink grin
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 07, 2015
harrysterol:
u na undecided
shocked Abasi mi mbok, nso kpo idio shocked lipsrsealed
What I do na? How and when I do the do grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is This Appropriate At The Children’s Playground? (Pics) / How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.