Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,128 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:57 AM

Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue (33238 Views)

Angel Of Death: Dr. Josef Mengele, The Deadliest Doctor In Medical History. / Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / How I Was Molested By A Patient –psychiatric Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by weightloss30(m): 12:13am On Sep 09, 2015
How to Achieve Rapid Weight Loss Without Diet http://venusfactour.com/venus-factor-reviews-urgent-news-reported/

Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by eniorisha(m): 11:59am On Sep 10, 2015
Kudos to u Dr! I need help sir, I 'm 31 yrs old. I forget things at quite an alarming rate. I started observing this about six years ago. I av suffered few not-too-serious traumas frm admission failures & loss of some cash in d past. I don't forget things like disappointment & like when a close person of mine offends me.

I'm particularly affected in memory, attentions, & hyperactiveness. I also notice dt my sense of hearing isn't well coordinated by my brain as my hearing sensitivity is too low_ but not deaf.

I'm a student & my academic work suffers a lot as a result of this problem. I almost forget my name at time.

Sir, I need ur psychotherapy advice or any pill medications u can prescribe.
I hope I made myself clear enough sir!
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by eniorisha(m): 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2015
Dr. I need ur reply pls! my person generally is suffering. I av been embarrassed during lectures & in exams.

Even contemplating quiting my degree programme half away into d completion.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 9:43pm On Sep 10, 2015
Eniorisha
From your story, your complaints dates back to age 25
They started about the same time you were experiencing setbacks Right?
What do you forget at an alarming Rate?
Do u recall events as soon as they occur but forget them minutes Later?
Having problems learning new Things?
You mentioned forgetting ur name sometimes, have other autobiographical informations been affected in the Past?
Having problems registering verbal and visual Materials?
Concerning your attention, do you have problems sustaining your attention for long on a Subject?
B4 these complaints what was your memory and attention Like in your earlier Years?
Hyperactive In what areas? Do you feel excessively full of energy, excessively happy sometimes, occasionally Disinhibited?
Do the above symptoms alternate sometimes with low moods, low energy,poor sleep, loss of interest in pleasurable Activities, feeling tired of Life?
Any experiences of peppery bodily sensations or Crawling sensations or other Unexplainable symptoms.?
Sometimes when people experience loss or threat events, they may exhibit amnesia symptoms cos depression affects cognitive functions n this clears when the depressive symptoms resolves.
Other times these amnesic features may be secondary to head injury, post traumatic disorders, epilepsy, alcoholism.....
Have you recieved any treatment for your complaints in the past? If yes, what medications?
why were you embarrassed during lectures n Exams
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by kensouth: 9:30am On Sep 11, 2015
Pls Doc, I don't want to make my case public. This is my email address kenhills4u@yahoo.co.uk or you send me yours so that we can talk in private. I will be expecting your reply. Thanks.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by kensouth: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2015
Or if possible you can send me your number so that we can talk on whatsapp
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by eniorisha(m): 11:33am On Sep 11, 2015
Fenks for ur response Dr!
/yes
/like facts information, cramming&memorization etc
/I recall shortly after but forget hours later.
/I av problems learning new things & if learnt, it vanishes away soonest.
/Everything like autobiographical info is still fresh but appears not to give way to more useful things
/Attention only on reading I find difficult to sustain for so long.
/No problem learning, cramming & retaining until when I turned 24.
/Inhibition sometime, stray thought during reading & while listening.
/Symptoms alternates low moods, low energy, loss of interes in pleasurable activities, insufficient sleep etc.
/"Sometimes when people...cognitive functions..." This summarises d genesis of my problem, but refuses to clear when d depressive symptoms resolves.
/No post traumatic disorder, epilepsy, alcolism, drugs, smoking,etc
/No treatment received yet, no psychiatric advice, no medication at all yet.
/Failures to answer simplest of questions during lectures.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
Kensouth
my email is nayandupu@gmail.com
I prefer a detailed email cos I won't have time for wassup chats.
Thanks for understanding
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
Eniorisha
Based on your responses to my questions, it appears you have an underlying depressive condition which hasn't been treated.
Way forward: find a psychiatrist close to you( public or private) for further review.
you would benefit from drug therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy ie a form of psychotherapy
Once the underlying problems are addressed, you would notice an improvement in your cognitive functions.
Contemplating dropping out of school isn't the solution so drop that thought.
Your issue is minor n would respond well to medications.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by eniorisha(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
Thanks so much Dr. I'll get back to u sir!
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by izzimus: 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
Good evening doc, thanks for creating this thread.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 7:10am On Sep 12, 2015
Izzimus,
All your complaints points to your cognitive functions
Sometimes these cognitive functions complaints don't stand alone
they may co exist with several other conditions
There is a need to rule out other possible causes to stream down to the most likely cause
Thereafter pharmacotherapy or psychotherapy would be recommended.
There is a need to seek further assistance for this
Am sorry cos I won't be able to prescribe medications cos it's unethical.
Thanks
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by izzimus: 9:09am On Sep 12, 2015
[quote author=NayaNdupu post=37925864]Izzimus,
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 11:58am On Sep 12, 2015
Izzimus,
In humans, our brain is responsible for our cognitive functions
Cognition comprises of orientation, attention, concentration.....
from your story it's mainly your attention n concentration you have issues with
I need to ask some questions:
How old are You?
What's your Profession?
How long has this problem been On?
How did it Start? Insidious or sudddenly?
Any head injuries in the Past?
Headaches associated with it,
Changes in sleep Pattern?
Any changes in mood, behaviour or Personality?
Any loss of consciousness at Anytime?
Do you suffer from seizure disorders or any medical conditions?
There are various causes of concentration and attention problems includes medical conditions such as sleep apnea, metal poisoning, infections, Trauma...
Psychological or psychiatric causes may include stress, anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress disorders, alcohol/ substance abuse, attention deficit disorder, delirium, dementia n Psychotic disorders like schizophrenia.
Like I said earlier, there is a need to rule out these other causes thru assessment n investigations
Afterwards treatment can be commenced when a possible aetiological factor is identified.
I hope I have made sense n helped you out.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by izzimus: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Bsideboi(m): 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
hi doc,my issue started in 2010 with a feeling of not bn part of my body,an uncomfortable feeling in my head, and sleeping issues (once went 3 days without getting gud sleep) ..all these i believed was because of chronic stress and my attempt at marijuana and ciggarettes......the out of body feeling and the uncomfortable feeling in d head went.I have always battled with sleep issues in a cycle of 5days of OK sleep and 3 days of not getting good sleep ...... about 3yr ago i realised my memory and arithmetic skills have nose dived,i find it rly difficult to express my thoughts in words and recalling details of events and short term memory issues ,i sometimes stop halfway a sentence,......i feel im going dumb.help me cos im getting rly worried.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by kongru(m): 1:12am On Sep 16, 2015
Dr. I do talk to myself when I am alone.... When trekking on the street... Always feel like saying everything I have on my mind.... Is this a problem... Thank you
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 4:19am On Sep 16, 2015
[quote author=Bsideboi post=38035069]hi doc,my issue started in 2010 with a feeling of not bn part of my body,an uncomfortable feeling in my head, and sleeping issues (once went 3 days without getting gud sleep) ..all these i believed was because of chronic stress and my attempt at marijuana and ciggarettes......the out of body feeling and the uncomfortable feeling in d head went.I have always battled with sleep issues in a cycle of 5days of OK sleep and 3 days of not getting good sleep ...... about 3yr ago i realised my memory and arithmetic skills have nose dived,i find it rly difficult to express my thoughts in words and recalling details of events and short term memory issues ,i sometimes stop halfway a sentence,......i feel im going dumb.help me cos im getting rly worried.

Bdidehoi

Am a bit confused by your letter.
I need more clarifications.
Your complaints of unreal feelings n sleep probs started in 2010 after using marijuana n Cigarette?
Describe this uncomfortable head feeling. Is it crawling, peppery, hotness or insects moving around ur Head?
Can u tell mi more about your Sleep? When your sleep is poor, do u wake up earlier n can't go back to sleep? Do u gave difficulty falling Asleep? When awake what do you do? In d mornings after, how do u feel Unrefreshed? Do u experience low mood n energy sometimes? How long did u use Marijuana? When last did u use It? Did you smoke or eat It?
Been on any Treatment?
Do u sometimes feel thoughts are taken out of your mind or put into your Mind?
Have people around you complained about your behaviour or Conversations?
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 4:26am On Sep 16, 2015
Kongru,
Occasionally people talk to themselves
Whether it's a prob is a function of the occurrence, content, associated factors.
How long has this been On? Frequency Daily? What do u talk About? Sometimes do you see yourself conversing with unseen beings?
Any other unusual Behaviours?
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by kongru(m): 8:13am On Sep 16, 2015
You got all the reason why I talk to myself.... It's happens frequently....... but I don't talk to unseen being
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by Bsideboi(m): 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
[quote author=NayaNdupu post=38053124][/quote]
Yes both started after the cigarette and marijuana use.
-Feels like my brain is foggy... Like a pipe is clogged. It's worse when I don't get quality sleep the night before.
-I get to enjoy good sleep for some days say 5 days consequetively waking up feeling refreshed and then after that the following days I find it difficult to fall asleep even when I do, I get low quality sleep(half asleep:half awake kind of sleep) waking up feeling lethargic.
-I have used marijuana for like 5 years now(on and off)... Last smoked 1 month ago
-I'm 23 and just graduated from the University (I had serious challenge with remembering what I read).
-No I don't experience low mood and energy and haven't been on any medication.
-No one has complained of my behavior or conversation except on occasions I was reminded that I'm too forgetful jokingly tho. Thanks for your help . This is my number :07035097935 so we can talk better on watsapp
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by joelegacy(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2015
please doctors in the house please what drug is used in treating prostate infection in man,pls help.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by joelegacy(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2015
please doctors in the house please what drug is used in treating prostate infection in man,pls help.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by DAXTACY(m): 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
I was diagnosed of hypochondria in.d year 2007,by a neurologist,3 yrs after it was diagnosed as Depression by a psychratist.during the period d symptoms were -suicidal thought,loneliness,loss of touch with reality,loss of self confidence,memory issues ,low mood,etc I"ve been on different drugs since then like-amitryptyline,fluoxetine,and seroxat(paroxetine ).there "ve been improvements ,in some departments but I still have issues with concentration, mood,ability to register verbal and vissual ,forgetfulness am yet to fully get in touch with reality,.my question is very soon it will become 10yrs since this started,when will all this end,I dropped out of skool cos of this, and its affecting me at work now,2ndly is seroxat(paroxetine) covered by N.H.I.S. What can be done to expedite my full recovery.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 3:01am On Sep 19, 2015
Joelegacy,
Prostrate or uro-gential tract infections are investigated first before the appropriate treatment prescribed. See a urologist.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 3:24am On Sep 19, 2015
Daxtacy,
Depression affects ones cognitive functions which explains the concentration issues, et al
Depression is a chronic condition.
These symptoms improve when depression clears.
Treatment for depression must include medications and Psychotherapy sessions.
To expedite your fully recovery, you need to be fully compliant with above treatment modalities.
Some health insurances don't cover mental health adequately except for a few.
You need to inquire from your health care provider if your medications are covered.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by DAXTACY(m): 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
Thank you for your reply.I"ll be honest with you I have not been consistent with my medications this is cos of d costly nature of this drug(seroxat).-How do I regain my self confidence back, and my imagination fired up once again.
Re: Psychiatric Doctor In The House: Advise On Psychological And Mental Health Issue by NayaNdupu: 3:52am On Sep 21, 2015
Daxtacy,
I would suggest you start by being fully drug compliant.
You would definitely notice improvement in your cognition.
Regaining your self confidence begins adjusting your perception to life and seeing yourself differently.
Look beyond the short term challenges
Understand that dropping out of school doesn't necessarily amount to underachievement or feeling unfulfilled.
You can always make a success out of yourself with hard work no matter where you find yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

460 New COVID-19 Cases, 265 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 8 - (2302 Tested) / NIMR Offers Free Coronavirus Testing In Yaba, Lagos / Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.