Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,499 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? (37296 Views)

Help Am 28, My Gf's Senior Sister Of 32 Is Deeply In Love With Me / Is This Why Ladies Are Finding It Hard To Settle Down? (photo) / Ladies, 5 Habits You Must Stop If You're Ready To Settle Down For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by golor(m): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
G
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by free2ryhme: 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
Your 600K no reach by masquerade beer
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by lifeofkelvino(m): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=Tydies post=35810964]Make it five million to be sure you are truly coomfortable

My friend.... ITX NT THAT EASY undecided
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Mrsshady(f): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
you can if your income is stable.

1 Like

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by yousee(m): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
I don't think his reasons are valid
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by free2ryhme: 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ephemmm:
Despite staying idle for over a year after his graduation from one of Nigerian Polytechnics, my friend finally secured his first job at Access Bank as a contract staff with 70k as salary. After two years in Access Bank, he did not only become a graduate member of a professional body in his discipline, but also strive hard to have 600k in his account. My friend has also acquired two plots of land in “not too enlightened area” in Osogbo, the capital state capital of Osun State. As a very ambitious man, he is also considering going for his Master Degree Programme, but has not yet decide on which the course and direction to follow.

At a talented student, he came out as the best candidate among both Universities and Polytechnic graduates called for interview in one of private firms in Nigeria and has started working with them with N115k as net monthly salary in the past few months.
He is 32 years of age now, and he is in love with a lady of 26 who was her junior while in Polytechnic. The lady in question too has combined fashion school with her job search, the ambition which has not yet come to a fruition.

The bone of contention now is the insistence of my friend that his would-be-partner MUST be employed gainfully too before he can have a slightest though about marriage despite intense pressures from all angles. His parents have assured him of little help during marriage ceremony, but his self-reliant tendency has not acceded to their admonition. In my own perception about him, he is not ready to settle down for marriage as a result of his 'over ambition' in academic line: truly he is talented and I can beat my chest for him anyday anytime when it comes his discipline.

Without accommodation of his own at present, coupled with the need for marriage expenses and the need to further his education, should he consider settling for marriage in Lagos now?

As one of his closest friend, I decided to narrate this incidence on nairaland so that he can get first-hand-advice different from my own perspective because he is a kind of somebody that nobody can compel to do something unless he is personally and totally convinced, just like me.

This is a true life scenario: matured advice is needed. Thank God he is a nairalander too tongue tongue tongue

He stays in osogbo and thinks the economy their is similar too lagos abi?

His 600' no reach 2 bedroom for a year for lagos oo

1 Like

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Amodsun(m): 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
he who has find a wife,has found a beautiful thing.at 32 he ain't getting any younger...600k is not enough but it's a start...it's not about d start but d end...I pray d wife-to-be is patient nd very understanding.
70k a month salary is manageable for you nd Ur new wife..if u are a prudent spender though.
God gave us the freewill to choose,we pray for wisdom to make d right choices in life....adios amigos grin

10 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by africanusvu(m): 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
Marriage isn't Buying and selling where one needs certain capital and expects certain profit,it is a mutual venture bw two LOVED partners with only one condition,everlasting Love,with any amt of money,so far u agree and hav ambition,You can make it

12 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by busybrain88: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
It all depends on persona strata.in my place,marriage is d cheapest tin.I don't wanna get old like jay z,b4 I give birth to ivy blue.

5 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by burnagee(f): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
No.
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Lyndylove: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Yes, its absolutely possible. If he waits till he makes more money, he might never get married. You don't need all the money in the world to settle down. When you're gainfully employed, just take the first step and God will see you through

COMING SOON!
THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!
JULY 15TH!!!

[Music] LYNDY _ MY HERO [A TRIBUTE TO DR GOODLUCK JONATHAN]

My hero is a tribute to Dr Goodluck Jonathan appreciating his achievements and efforts towards making Nigeria great, for being a true democrat and for preserving our peace and unity.

IT DROPS ON JULY 15TH!!!
YOU DON'T WANNA MISS THIS!!!
Follow on twitter: @ Lyndymk
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by jaybee3(m): 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
Amodsun:
he who has find a wife,has found a beautiful thing.at 32 he ain't getting any younger...600k is not enough but it's a start...it's not about d start but d end...I pray d wife-to-be is patient nd very understanding.
70k a month salary is manageable for you nd Ur new wife..if u are a prudent spender though.
God gave us the freewill to choose,we pray for wisdom to make d right choices in life....adios amigos grin

How did you manage to conclude that 70K per month is manageable without having information of his current location and monthly expenditure?

1 Like

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Tobbey(m): 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
Well well well
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Amodsun(m): 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
Mrsshady:
you can if your income is stable.
I believe 70k is a reasonable income and with time things Wud get even better...my advice cut down on Ur spendings nd marry Ur woman.
you don't want Ur child to be calling you grandpa
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by bigiyaro(m): 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
ur frnd is simply nt ready,i doubt if he will ever be. He is d type dat schools till kindom come,after his phd,he' start writin all writable profesional exams n belongin to multitude of profesional bodies,only to end up wit his first child at 60 or 55 if he is lucky.

4 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by ndcide(m): 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
If I find true love, with that kind of salary and savings, I'll marry her. There are lots of guys in my office who don't earn up to that and are married with children. I also doubt if they have 600k in savings. They are doing fine.

Wealth is in wisdom not in money

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
Your friend is right, marriage is no child's play it comes with a lot of financial responsibilities that might lead one into questioning their decision to get married despite being very much in love, There are bills to be paid and this might weigh your friend down in the long run it might even affect his ambitious nature in the long run which might lead to depression and unhappiness with the marriage. If he feels he is not financially ready let him be.

5 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by bigerboy200: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
Our opinions are as useless as the P in Psychology.. he should do what suits him.. e no b pikin.

1 Like

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Abugab(m): 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
Marriage is not all about money per se but how responsible you are.
600k for a wedding is not bad when prudently managed but it is more than just the wedding as marriage comes with responsibilities that involves huge finance.
His income is steady and he has got prospects, the lady in question is educated and has got fashion designing as another possible source of income stream though not yet fully in action. If the girl has her dreams to have a career, she can search for a job and build further income for the family. They can choose to go on break with child bearing by having a family planning in place for at least two years to enable the girl secure a job and better still, make income from the fashion designing which could be lucrative if she knows the job and markets it well. The guy can also use this window to do his Masters before the kids starts coming.
For me, he can choose to settle down but there must be certain areas of agreement between the two of them as na their headache e be.

5 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by amnesty7: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
adonbilivit:
verdict: he is not ready for marriage

advise: he should further his studies first if that makes him happy.

But: he should know that age is not on his side any longer except he is an Igbo boy
Let him wait, possibly at 45 he would have become wealthy; then he can marry.
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by ibedun: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
sonofananimal1:
angry
I ALWAYS SAID THE TRUTH EVEN IF THEM BAN ME FOR SAYING THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH.

IF HE MARRY THAT WOMAN OF 26 YRS OF AGE. GOD KNOW SAY NA HIM DO HIM SELF angry
LEAVE THAT WOMAN MAKE SHE DEY WALKER ABOUT AND CONCENTRATE ON YOUR CAREER. ONCE YOU DON GET THE MONEY AND ASSURANCE, YOU GO SEE BEAUTIFUL, VERY YOUNG, BIGGI, SEXIST, FRONT AND BACK BABES FLOODING YOUR ARMS WITH FLOWERS OF LOVES. THATS WHEN YOU GO KNOW SAY MARRIAGE NA SCAM angry

DON'T LIVE THE LIFE OF BORNING PINKIN UP AND DOWN

Proper legit scam!!!

Free puss is the bait!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Emodeee: 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
marshalcarter:
Buddy....those your lands...do you wanna build house on it or wat do you wanna do with it??
If yes...in my perspective...i'll rather stand my house 1st before gettin married

#cheers

#sips weed nd 5alive#

Don't take the advice of a weed taker, they talk out of context.

4 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by sonnyudoh(m): 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
Broke broke broke guys commenting above me at the moment how many of u can even boast of an untouched 500k in ur account lets hear word abeggggggii

7 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Nuhusky: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
How much would you pay per advice?

1 Like

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by ibedun: 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
ndcide:
If I find true love, with that kind of salary and savings, I'll marry her. There are lots of guys in my office who don't earn up to that and are married with children. I also doubt if they have 600k in savings. They are doing fine.

Wealth is in wisdom not in money

Dangerous advise, just because your co-workers are happy scratching a living does not mean the OP's friend should settle for that kind of doing fine.

Oga leave the woman jare, when your money comes and you marry in opulence you will too enjoy your marriage o!

2 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by demiawise(m): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
You guys should give good advice rather than being a critic. I love the topic because, I am in the same situation right. My story is just same as the topic. The difference is he is got 600k and me get more than. I really need the more. Even my girlfriend is on me right now. If I dont settle dus year she will be forced to leave the next year please I need matured advice no critics please. Thanks. [color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by BankManager(m): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
600k is small money when it comes to getting a wife.
Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
believe me money is not every thing, what of if you have the whole money and have the wrong wife.That will be life threatening believe me.So pls do not bother yourself about the money,what you should be bothered about if the girl you want to marry loves you for what you are at moment.If does go ahead and marry her.Money will come do not worry.

2 Likes

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by jaybee3(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
demiawise:
You guys should give good advice rather than being a critic. I love the topic because, I am in the same situation right. My story is just same as the topic. The difference is he is got 600k and me get more than. I really need the more. Even my girlfriend is on me right now. If I dont settle dus year she will be forced to leave the next year please I need matured advice no critics please. Thanks. [color=#990000][/color]

Is she threatening to leave because of uncertainties surrounding your commitment towards her or because of your current financial status?

If the former, nothing wrong with engaging her if she is the woman on your dream then set yourself a 6-12 month target for the wedding.
If the later, dump her!

1 Like

Re: With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? by devour129: 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
You guys have to learn that you don't need money to marry a wife ! Ask me why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Wails Bitterly After His Girlfriend Of Six Years Dumped Him | Video / When A Girl You Are Wooing Says This To You / Nigerian Lady Refuses To Marry Boyfriend Cos He's A Polytechnic Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.