Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,574 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (76038 Views)

Compel Osinbajo-led FEC To Declare Buhari Unfit, Court Told / Senate Gives Osinbajo 3 Conditions To Accept Magu / It's Wrong For Mikel, Siasia To Accept $390,000 Gift - Senator Ogba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by bigtt76(f): 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
The truth is 'everyone' is friends to the same-sex (guys have guys as friends ....babes have babes as friends) the only issue I believe they all have is the thought that nyanshing takes place but we might be wrong ....it might not necessarily be the case. Sometimes a guy may want to more closer to share thoughts with ...same with girls. Well cuddling may happen ...but we all cuddle our young same sex kids back at home that doesn't make anyone of us gay.

As you said ...lets allow them live their lives out ...its what and how they've chosen to. In essence ...many are madt but few are called to roam grin

HungerBAD:
The first time i saw two men kissing was in London, specifically at the St James's Park on a cool summer day many years ago. I still remember the shock and revulsion i felt.

I stood transfixed, staring at them for about 5 Minutes and was just turning my head around like AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING this,and then it hit me, i was no longer in Africa and even if i had been living in the US, i was yet to see two men kiss. It was a cultural shock for me to see two men make out.

I hated gays.

Then one day in Church, at a bible study. Somebody asked the pastor that if the Church preaches a lot of things about repentance and acceptance,why then do they still find it hard to accept gays?the pastor's reply was an eye opener.

And then it hit me. Why do i exactly hate gays?they don't bother me, they sleep with each other,they marry each other,they pay their own bills,i don't even know them.

As i grow older, i have learned to be very tolerant of others. I have also learned to mind my business with how others handle their lives, that is why i do not judge married women/men when they cheat in their marriages, i am not in their marriage so don't know what lead to the infidelity.

While i do have my personal reservation about the gay thing, i have come to accept the fact that my feelings will not stop people from being gays, or stop them from loving each other. i have also come to accept the fact that no matter what, there will be others that will have sexual orientation that is different from mine.

In Nigeria, there have been instances where men have been caught making love to goats and chickens. Nairaland even carried some of those pictures.

So what am i saying?people should let other people live their lives the way they deem it fit. what you cannot correct, leave alone.

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ElFenomeno1: 3:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
It wont happen in Nigeria.
USA can forget it....
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ekefre4(m): 3:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:
The first time i saw two men kissing was in London, specifically at the St James's Park on a cool summer day many years ago. I still remember the shock and revulsion i felt.

I stood transfixed, staring at them for about 5 Minutes and was just turning my head around like AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING this,and then it hit me, i was no longer in Africa and even if i had been living in the US, i was yet to see two men kiss. It was a cultural shock for me to see two men make out.

I hated gays.

Then one day in Church, at a bible study. Somebody asked the pastor that if the Church preaches a lot of things about repentance and acceptance,why then do they still find it hard to accept gays?the pastor's reply was an eye opener.

And then it hit me. Why do i exactly hate gays?they don't bother me, they sleep with each other,they marry each other,they pay their own bills,i don't even know them.

As i grow older, i have learned to be very tolerant of others. I have also learned to mind my business with how others handle their lives, that is why i do not judge married women/men when they cheat in their marriages, i am not in their marriage so don't know what lead to the infidelity.

While i do have my personal reservation about the gay thing, i have come to accept the fact that my feelings will not stop people from being gays, or stop them from loving each other. i have also come to accept the fact that no matter what, there will be others that will have sexual orientation that is different from mine.

In Nigeria, there have been instances where men have been caught making love to goats and chickens. Nairaland even carried some of those pictures.

So what am i saying?people should let other people live their lives the way they deem it fit. what you cannot correct, leave alone.

Really? As long as we are allowing people live their lives d way they deem fit why dnt we start by accepting rapists,armed robbers,cultism afterall its their lives. Again why ban public smoking,and cocaine is contraband yet der r people dat do take it so y dnt we allow dem since we r allowing people 2 live dia lives.#dumbass
As far as we r concerned in Nigeria der is nothing like gay rights.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by francizy(m): 3:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
Maintech:
If it was Jonathan i would have said maybe but with Sai Baba... you better have another thought coming because with his Islamic background that is a no-go area. He wont even seat across the table to have such a dirty, inhumane, dehumanizing, adulterous, morally-depraving, ignominious, sadistic, devilish, barbaric, demonic, and gory discussion with anyone including Obama, the killer of Osama.

Guy reason before you type na I beg of you! Was it not during GEJ's time that same sex relationship/marriage was outlawed and 14 years sentence given for offenders? You people have not stopped painting GEJ with bad names even though he's no longer the president. And instead of you ungrateful fellow to give him the credit he deserves for making gay marriage a crime punishable by law, you typed this nonsense.. Shame bro..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by eliwa47(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
una dey mad ni.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ajalaolanr(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I hated gays.

Nice write up, but I'd do myself injustice if I do not write my thoughts.

I am totally against men sleeping with men , or women sleeping with women, more worrisome when it becomes legalized then we are in for some real deep shiiiit.

Evolution clearly created male and female for all species, Note that I did not use "God" to give some unbiased opinion for all religion, I chose evolution.

Now the argument by the petitioner was that gays who decide to marry are consenting adults, yes I agree, but the laws are made not to favor the people but for enforcement of order and general upkeep of the equal rights of the people for the Commonwealth and livelihood of the people, the laws are made to keep sanity and order amongst the people.

America as a nation was specifically built upon the word of God. Slowly it is departing from the fabric which it did build on, this saddens me.

If america wants to equate rights, then it should equate for pedophiles too, equate for polygamy too, after all it can be said that a 14 yr old consented to sex with a 30 year old and a man also consented with his many women to marry them.

My Two cents!

7 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
When America succeeds in compelling countries like Iran,Russia,India,Saudi Arabia,Kuwait,Indonesia,isreal,etc they can then come for us. Apart from the religious angle of it,our culture frowns at it. America should rather channel her energy to helping us develop,fight malaria and other diseases as well as terrorism. Una wan dash us human right..

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by pansophist(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
xdos:

And so you think Homosexuality is a natural phenomenon? What about Bestiality (People who sleep with animals)? I see them all as the same...

Well, if you read what I posted well, you'll see that I really do not have issues with these people.. Infact I wasnt bothered about it until the recent happenings in the US. I am not sure you read about the Baker who was fined $135k because he refused to bake cake for a gay couple or a lady who had to resign because she knew what would happen if she refused to wed a gay couple... You dont understand what it means when you dont have a right of refusal...

You are comparing two different things. There is no way you can verify the animal wants to have sex, to say the least. Homosexualism is between two adult consenting to the act. In no way does it affect anyone. Besides, I am not arguing if homosexualism is a natural phenomena or not, as there are lots of argument for both sides.

As per people being prosecuted for refusing services to homos, I dont know what I will say about that, but to be fair, I think that is way too far.

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by blecele: 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
Lets keep our fingers crossed. I hope Buhari will not make the mistake of accepting it instead let them go with their so called help. After all help only comes from God. Without U.S Nigeria can survive. Our help is in the hand of God not in any man or Country.

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
Abeg who has the contacts to these USA Demons, barrack Obama, Linda Thomas-Greenfield and the host of other persons involved in this campaign if their parents brought them into this world as a Homosexual couple. If they've lost their senses, africans have not.Even Boko haram with all the demons at work in them, it hasnt gotten to them embracing Homosexuality.They still do the opposite sex. Their own celebrities Jay Z,Kanye, P diddy, Beyonce, Lil wayne, Messi, Christian Ronaldo, Serena Williams and a host of other world stars all have their opposite sex spouses, non is a Proud GAY or Lesbian..Nigerians already have enough problems handing us down, they should leave us alone for now.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by francizy(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
ekefre4:
Really? As long as we are allowing people live their lives d way they deem fit why dnt we start by accepting rapists,armed robbers,cultism afterall its their lives. Again why ban public smoking,and cocaine is contraband yet der r people dat do take it so y dnt we allow dem since we r allowing people 2 live dia lives.#dumbass

God bless you oh jare! Don't mind that mumu way think say he dey civilized. He should go seek for Buhari to sign same sex marriage na, and he shouldn't fail to start it from the north. We blacks have our cultures and traditions of which same sex marriage isn't one of them. Why can't they respect our cultures and traditions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Eberex(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
Una dey talk? Who will implement it into law? Is it not the members of assembly? Are they not nigerians? Wait till they drop ghana must go in dollars to each person, that is when una go hear different story

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
Maintech:
If it was Jonathan i would have said maybe but with Sai Baba... you better have another thought coming because with his Islamic background that is a no-go area. He wont even seat across the table to have such a dirty, inhumane, dehumanizing, adulterous, morally-depraving, ignominious, sadistic, devilish, barbaric, demonic, and gory discussion with anyone including Obama, the killer of Osama.
Are you mentally ok? Was it not GEJ that signed the anti-gay law?

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by zeusdgrt(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I hated gays.

Hunger really bad,dis foolish comment up there is a proof

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by nortcentrallord(m): 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
Get the fu ck off. Go and pay your debt USA. You are the world's biggest debtor. Gay rights will never be allowed in Nigeria. Bastards.

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by azyz1: 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
This U S self na. Them dey cause confusion all over the world.if animals can sense That they cannot meet with thier same sex,why is it that we higher animal. Are the ones thinking how animal soppose to.animal get sense pass number one citizen of america.may god perish the country.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by free2ryhme: 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
US cannot dictate our culture for us. Linda Thomas-Greenfield should understand our society is a conservative society. Nigerians will not accept their decadent culture .They should not put the few LGBT in the country at risk of jungle justice. Nigeria does not need the US aids or money if our government administrators are responsible managers.

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by francizy(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
Where are those yeye sai baba mugus that were counting Buhari's US trips as an achievement? They should come and enjoy their gay-change oh!

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by kechywillz(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
I wanted to travel to the U.S,because of this,am no longer going before those beastal gays will rape me
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Bozzy001(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
Obama & his crew must be high on weed. Nonsense!!! Must we join them with their madness.

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by xdos(m): 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
Am glad you see it from my own perspective but am not done with you yet.. Now.. letz assume this wont cost the straights among us their right of refusal if this is legalized.. DO you also think incest should be legalized? afterall it is also between two consenting adults..
pansophist:

You are comparing two different things. There is no way you can verify the animal wants to have sex, to say the least. Homosexualism is between two adult consenting to the act. In no way does it affect anyone.

As per people being prosecuted for refusing services to homos, I dont know what I will say about that, but to be fair, I think that is way too far.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by pansophist(m): 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
ekefre4:

They do more harm to their victims, thats why its illegal. Homos poses no harm to anyone.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
grin
emmyagi:

OGIRL

[size=50pt]IF BUHARI DARE HIMSELF AND LEGALIZE GAY
IN NIGERIA I MUST MARRY HIS SON[/size]

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Viktor1983(m): 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
yorubadelta:
Why don't they "compel" Nigeria to fix it's economy, electricity and bad roads? No, they would ignore those key problems but fight vehemently for the legalization of rubbish.
These are truly the end times.
Awon Oniranu angry
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Ekowise(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
foolssssss
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by adconline(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
Folks keep misinforming uninformed gullible peeps. Obama didn't make this law their Supreme Court did. Clinton passed Defense of Marriage Act in 1996 and the SCOTUS struck it down as illegal in 2012.
It was an American citizen that sued the govt to recognise his gay marriage and the court sided with him. Even American public is divided on this. Obama has no influence on Supreme Court cos it's freaking independent!
It pure delusion to think that an executive branch can undo a judicial interpretation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by gabpaul: 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I hated gays.

So what am i saying?people should let other people live their lives the way they deem it fit. what you cannot correct, leave alone. Are You Gay angry

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by pansophist(m): 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
xdos:
Am glad you see it from my own perspective but am not done with you yet.. Now.. letz assume this wont cost the straights among us their right of refusal if this is legalized.. DO you also think incest should be legalized? afterall it is also between two consenting adults..

its illegal because of birth defect, and does more disservice to the offsrping. It also lessen the genetical diversity of the human race. To say the least.

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Adekagood: 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]When people air out their comments on issue regarding the aforementioned i smile. This' b'coz there are numerous sins Nigeria and ofcoz d World commit. Accepting LGBT is just adding sin to sinS and nt accepting it do not make Nigerians saints. A single lie, stealing is enough to derobe one of God's abiding presence. What do u say about people havn Sex with chicken, Goats, and pets @ home? Is there any name for that? Goatbianism? Things worse than these WILL still happen cause this is the END of endtime.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by nwadiuko1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2015
The devil is a liar
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by anssy(f): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
kennygee:
The devil is a liar.

Not in Nigeria

God will not allow it.

If the Americans have sold themselves to the devil, we have not.

Sis, What of fornication and adultery?

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by staaari: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
NIGERIA should also pressure USA to allow POLYGAMY.

no one law is superior to the other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nana Akufo-Addo Statue By Rochas Okorocha In Imo. Nigerians React (Photo) / Judges Order Peter Obi’s Legal Team To Go Home / Akemokue Lukman Funny Resignation Letter From An APC Ward Chairman In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.