Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (76036 Views)

Compel Osinbajo-led FEC To Declare Buhari Unfit, Court Told / Senate Gives Osinbajo 3 Conditions To Accept Magu / It's Wrong For Mikel, Siasia To Accept $390,000 Gift - Senator Ogba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by eddyj36(m): 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:
The first time i saw two men kissing was in London, specifically at the St James's Park on a cool summer day many years ago. I still remember the shock and revulsion i felt.

I stood transfixed, staring at them for about 5 Minutes and was just turning my head around like AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING this,and then it hit me, i was no longer in Africa and even if i had been living in the US, i was yet to see two men kiss. It was a cultural shock for me to see two men make out.

I hated gays.

Then one day in Church, at a bible study. Somebody asked the pastor that if the Church preaches a lot of things about repentance and acceptance,why then do they still find it hard to accept gays?the pastor's reply was an eye opener.

And then it hit me. Why do i exactly hate gays?they don't bother me, they sleep with each other,they marry each other,they pay their own bills,i don't even know them.

As i grow older, i have learned to be very tolerant of others. I have also learned to mind my business with how others handle their lives, that is why i do not judge married women/men when they cheat in their marriages, i am not in their marriage so don't know what lead to the infidelity.

While i do have my personal reservation about the gay thing, i have come to accept the fact that my feelings will not stop people from being gays, or stop them from loving each other. i have also come to accept the fact that no matter what, there will be others that will have sexual orientation that is different from mine.

In Nigeria, there have been instances where men have been caught making love to goats and chickens. Nairaland even carried some of those pictures.

So what am i saying?people should let other people live their lives the way they deem it fit. what you cannot correct, leave alone.

Guy leave story abeg. Same sex marriage is bullshit. Ints an insult to God and law of nature. Legalising it will also mean the society should accept those who have sex with goats and chicken abi?.. After all its there own sexual orientation like you mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ayindejimmy(m): 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I quite agree with you.

My view on this gay right is... We have to first understand that religion and policies in government can't always compliment each other.
These are things the Holy Books had warned us will form part of the signs of End Time, yet we're fighting it.
I detest gay and lesbians cos they chose to practice it. It's like a serial killer saying, " that's how God created me."
People choose to be gay and lesbian unfortunately it's the sole duty of EVERY govt to protect the Right of all its citizens.
We Embrace civilization, we lie, we cheat on our husbands and wives, we even have sex outside marriage and with underage children. Don't we know this same sex marriage of a thing are some of the consequences of how perverted our society has become?
Oh! We want to have our cake and still eat it?
Abeg, let's stop being hypocritical. Gays and lesbians are committing same sin as those having sex outside marriage. They are all sins of the flesh.
Just like other sins, an Avenue of repentance and rehabilitation is what they need, not draconian laws.
As a Christian, it's sad that the world has degenerated to this level but it's all part of the negative side of civilization.
It's time for us to hold firmly to our biblical believes cos you cant be a govt for all and denial certain people the Fundamental Human Rights to exercise their mutual perversiveness.
Welcome to the civilized world!

Jus to add.... Buhari is the last person I know that will buy any sweet talk on same sex marriage. And that lewdness won't even fly in any of our Houses of Assembly. So all this politizing the issue should just stop. It can't work here... At least not in this century

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by gabpaul: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:
The first time i saw two men kissing was in London, specifically at the St James's Park on a cool summer day many years ago. I still remember the shock and revulsion i felt.

I stood transfixed, staring at them for about 5 Minutes and was just turning my head around like AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING this,and then it hit me, i was no longer in Africa and even if i had been living in the US, i was yet to see two men kiss. It was a cultural shock for me to see two men make out.

I hated gays.

Then one day in Church, at a bible study. Somebody asked the pastor that if the Church preaches a lot of things about repentance and acceptance,why then do they still find it hard to accept gays?the pastor's reply was an eye opener.

And then it hit me. Why do i exactly hate gays?they don't bother me, they sleep with each other,they marry each other,they pay their own bills,i don't even know them.

As i grow older, i have learned to be very tolerant of others. I have also learned to mind my business with how others handle their lives, that is why i do not judge married women/men when they cheat in their marriages, i am not in their marriage so don't know what lead to the infidelity.

While i do have my personal reservation about the gay thing, i have come to accept the fact that my feelings will not stop people from being gays, or stop them from loving each other. i have also come to accept the fact that no matter what, there will be others that will have sexual orientation that is different from mine.

In Nigeria, there have been instances where men have been caught making love to goats and chickens. Nairaland even carried some of those pictures.

So what am i saying?people should let other people live their lives the way they deem it fit. what you cannot correct, leave alone.

Are You Gay angry

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by NoRetreat(m): 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hmmmmmmm. Naija news. Rumours everywhere about everything on nothing. Does that means that Nigeria as a nation has lost her sovereignty ? It can't happen in Nigeria. If commercial sex workers with all their patrons and protest can't be legalized, how would gay be legalized. Its simply absurd.

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Spells(m): 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
God 4bid bad tin
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
Obama sees Africa as a continent he can easily bully. Can US tell any arab country this nonsense?
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ayindejimmy(m): 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I quite agree with you.

My view on this gay right is... We have to first understand that religion and policies in government can't always compliment each other.
These are things the Holy Books had warned us will form part of the signs of End Time, yet we're fighting it.
I detest gay and lesbians cos they chose to practice it. It's like a serial killer saying, " that's how God created me."
People choose to be gay and lesbian unfortunately it's the sole duty of EVERY govt to protect the Right of all its citizens.
We Embrace civilization, we lie, we cheat on our husbands and wives, we even have sex outside marriage and with underage children. Don't we know this same sex marriage of a thing are some of the consequences of how perverted our society has become?
Oh! We want to have our cake and still eat it?
Abeg, let's stop being hypocritical. Gays and lesbians are committing same sin as those having sex outside marriage. They are all sins of the flesh.
Just like other sins, an Avenue of repentance and rehabilitation is what they need, not draconian laws.
As a Christian, it's sad that the world has degenerated to this level but it's all part of the negative side of civilization.
It's time for us to hold firmly to our biblical believes cos you cant be a govt for all and denial certain people the Fundamental Human Rights to exercise their mutual perversiveness.
Welcome to the civilized world!

Jus to add.... Buhari is the last person I know that will buy any sweet talk on same sex marriage. And that lewdness won't even fly in any of our Houses of Assembly. So all this politizing the issue should just stop. It can't work here... At least not in this century.

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by spencekat(m): 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
I had a chat with someone some couple of days back and we discussed the passing of same sex marriage into law here in Nigeria.I told him that Nigerians can never accept that and he replied by telling me with time,it will become a law in Nigeria.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Iseloogunise: 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
The intention of US is clear. To create/lead a godless world/society. They are nothing but representatives of the devil. Even in our religious insincerities we must fight this! But Note that when a lie/falsehood is said and repeated long enough it begins to sound like the truth. Beware of people to whom this may begin to make sense to.

3 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by snowballa: 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
Wereeeeeeeee ni awon USA government yeeee shaaa.... Saibaba won't accept that
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by shalomm: 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2015
kennygee:
The devil is a liar.

Not in Nigeria

God will not allow it.

If the Americans have sold themselves to the devil, we have not.

The devil owns the world.

it so bad that despite all the that is written about international relationship, our government is still going ahead romancing america. why not pitch our tent with russia?

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2015
even if gay marriage is legalised in nigeria or not God will still help and be with people he want to be with.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Miaraka: 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:
That will be the END of Buhari! ™

It won't even work! tongue
Do that, if you want to increase Boko support and bid goodbye to the North and one united Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by lastpage: 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I hated gays.

GAY ALERT Ooooo! shocked

Nobody hate Gays and other sexual perverts
You guys like to hide and camouflage under this guise of HATE and HUMAN RIGHTS when in actual fact, you know what the score is really is!

What Africa and Nigeria in particular are saying is this:
*We have a Culture which forbids perversion of this sort
*We have a Religion which condemns it also
*Even our animals like Dogs and Goats dont hump gender of the same sex, they respect the reason why nature made us "Male and Female".
*We also realize the selfishness involved, if everyone tries to satisfy their selfish interest, on the alter of "CHOICE and FREEDOM", which are never absolute! who will propagate our generations unborn?
*Anyone could as well be a killer or psychopath and claim that is his "choice" and we must all allow it
shocked shocked

So, we said, if you have chosen the EVIL path as your own ways, DO IT WITHIN YOUR OWN CONFINES!
LIVE AND LET US LIVE
Dont shove it into our face

Dont go to teach our infants in their school
Dont try to force us to redefine MARRIAGE to suit you perverse ways.

That cant be too difficult now?
Why try to force a straight nation to become GAY, is that not an infringement on our own democratic rights?
Abi na by force?

America is like a sinking person who vows to ensure that he takes other down along with it. Ist not about power or money, its about the hUMANS SPIRIT and WHAT WE StAND FOR, HERE ON EARTH

American Ambassador: As a government, it is one of the highest priorities and strongest values that discrimination against anyone based on their sexual orientation and gender identity is wrong. We believe human rights should be available to everybody.
“As a policy, we will continue to press the government of Nigeria, as well as other governments which have provided legislation that discriminate against the LGBT community.”

Well, you can attempt whatever you like, it will be whether our leaders like our Senators/NASS and our amiable President are weak or strong enough to resist ..but they can be sure majority of us are with them on this.

Stop the deception, it has nothing to do with human rights, discrimination or choice. It is simply EVIL and Nigerians have said NO TO IT .

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
SpencerLewis:

My prettiest NL gal, u are right 'devil' if he exist(& not creation of religion) is a bad liar. Buhari my man shd not go to Naija if that is USA's plan for aiding us to defeat boko haram.
Meanwhile how do I get ur details if u are not hooked up already and also u are Igbo?
I'm deadly serious abt this.

Lol.

Oga dey NL o.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by xdos(m): 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
Wow and you think homosexuality is ok for the human race? If our parents were homos, we wont be here today. I hope you know that.. So you see why it should stay illegal?.
pansophist:

its illegal because of birth defect, and does more disservice to the offsrping. It also lessen the genetical diversity of the human race. To say the least.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by no2fuks(m): 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
[quote author=xammyx post=35891881][/quote]
you are so immature I tried to report you but that function didnt work
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
anssy:

Sis, What of fornication and adultery?

What does your bible tell u about it?
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
I WONDER WHEN AMERICA WILL STOP PLAYING ON PEOPLE'S MIND. THAT SAME AMERICA HAS REFUSED TO LEGALIZE POLYGAMY. THEY TALK ABOUT HUMAN RIGHT YET IT IS A CRIME FOR A MAN TO MARRY MORE THAT ONE WIFE UNLESS YOU DIVORCE AND MARRY. IS THAT NOT HUMAN RIGHT?

I WONDER IF NIGERIA DECIDES TO FORCE AMERICA TO CHANGE THEIR LAW ON POLYGAMY WHAT WILL HAPPEN

AS FOR THIS HOMOSEXUALS IN NIGERIA WE WILL CONTINUE TO KILL ALL OF YOU AS WE KILLED TWO GAYS LAST YEAR AT ILORIN.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
shalomm:

The devil owns the world.

it so bad that despite all the that is written about international relationship, our government is still going ahead romancing america. why not pitch our tent with russia?

Seriously.

America cannot help for free.

We don't need their aid.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nicepoker(m): 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
The dullard may accept.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by wristbangle: 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
Very useless law.

May God lift Nigeria over US before the world end.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by tuoyoojo(m): 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
when would america accept polygamy .....or is it not the right of people to marry as many wives ass they want.....

of all things to pressure nigeria about....y gay marriage

...would that bring about world peace

i take this new found alliance with the west wit a pinch of salt
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by lastpage: 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
Obama sees Africa as a continent he can easily bully. Can US tell any arab country this nonsense?

I tell you.
But can we blame him, a continent where its leaders squander their resources and loot it to American/European banks, then sentence their people to a life of begging for Cool Aid, we forever remain a prey to every machinations of the devil.

The Arabs could refuse this because they have developed their economy to some extent.

Even Saudi that is a state sponsor of 80% of terrorists world-wide, still bullies America!

The have ruined their own future and feels they must compel us to ruin ours as well. Phucktards!

We just have to get our own acts together, to give ourselves some voice in our own decision making.

Lastpage!
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ekefre4(m): 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
francizy:

God bless you oh jare! Don't mind that mumu way think say he dey civilized. He should go seek for Buhari to sign same sex marriage na, and he shouldn't fail to start it from the north. We blacks have our cultures and traditions of which same sex marriage isn't one of them. Why can't they respect our cultures and traditions?
Its jst annoying dat we seem 2 hv lost our african values sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
Why, exactly are people paranoid about this?

undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Victorblaze14(m): 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I hated gays.

if your parents for example ur dad married a guy and ur mom married a lady will they have given birth to u.anybody that believes in gay may they give birth to gays

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by CORRECTMAN78(m): 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I hated gays.

"When people first come into contact with crime, they abhor it. If they remain in contact with crime for a time, they become accustomed to it, and endure it. If they remain in contact with it long enough, they finally embrace it, and become influenced by it"-- A Criminologist

3 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ogogoromasta: 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I hated gays.

The fact dat
diz post collected
so much 'likes'
proves dat majority of
diz world is headed for HELL FIRE.

3 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Celenawora: 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
Why not do same with PUtin. If being free means being incarcerated by sodomy then I never want to be free.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ekefre4(m): 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
pansophist:

They do more harm to their victims, thats why its illegal. Homos poses no harm to anyone.
Oh boohoo. If a teenager sees two men kissing isn't that enough 2 scar him 4 life? How abt d leaking ass issue as a result of sex isn't dat harm? Im nt saying u shldnt b gay bt nt in Nigeria go 2 US
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Gamesmart: 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I hated gays.

Would you also accept n:udist to live in your society because that is how they deem it fit to live their lives?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Nana Akufo-Addo Statue By Rochas Okorocha In Imo. Nigerians React (Photo) / Judges Order Peter Obi’s Legal Team To Go Home / Akemokue Lukman Funny Resignation Letter From An APC Ward Chairman In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.