Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. (104275 Views)

Senate Slashes Number Of TV Stations Covering Plenaries / Those Who Stole From Nigeria Have Newspapers, Radio & TV Stations - Lai Mohammed / Watch The Video In Which TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nathdoug(m): 7:29am On Jul 16, 2015
If dem nor translate aboki English, how we wan take understand wetin e dey talk??

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by bigerboy200: 7:30am On Jul 16, 2015
The audio quality was very very poor..The first time I watched it on channels(they hadn't put out d words then) I couldn't hear a single word,they only applied common sense in putting up d words on the screen so viewers won't find it difficult to hear..That's simple professionalism on channels part.kudos to them...... as for those trying to score cheap points with this news..sorry for u, u have just sunk to a new low, common sense might far from u till 2019...or mayb beyond sef..
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 16, 2015
Borderless:

Keep being sentimental. The truth will always remain the truth no matter how hard one tries to colour it!

i'm not sentimental.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nathdoug(m): 7:32am On Jul 16, 2015
Aboki
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by tosyne2much(m): 7:33am On Jul 16, 2015
A7:
Would this bring Jonathan back?
Demented wailing wailers.
You dey mind those fools ?
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ojinuocheibi(m): 7:33am On Jul 16, 2015
JoeCutie:
Russia's official language is "Russian". Korea's official language is "Korean". Nigeria's official language is "English". Why would you compare the three of them?

They are all good in their official languages, Buhari should equally be good in English.

I've heard Buhari speak many times, he can speak English, and to a satisfactory level too, just his accent - which is not his fault. Hausas have their own accent, Yorubas have theirs and so do Igbos.

My problem with your comment is bringing in these other Presidents into the picture. Russians and Koreans listen and enjoy their Presidents' eloquence, but we Nigerians don't.

Well...there's always a way. Thank God for Prof. Osinbajo, the very intelligent and active VP.
at least we have a literate and objective person here. Be bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Alameer(m): 7:34am On Jul 16, 2015
Ok. Na waiting do us? Keep popping baba
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by rhamsody1(m): 7:35am On Jul 16, 2015
most of the wailers never voted buhari,so what else do you expect from them,I'm still wondering how an accent can hinder what someone has upstairs!

compared to your literate illiterate :-P
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by SKORROR(m): 7:36am On Jul 16, 2015
Let them say.......,
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by JoeCutie(m): 7:37am On Jul 16, 2015
ojinuocheibi:
at least we have a literate and objective person here. Be bless.
Thanks, and be blessed too.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Franchise21(m): 7:38am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
What a national embarrassment.
U just allowing tribalism take over ur common sense. I know u re from d East n we know d Northerners have poor English accent bt dat doesn't mean he can't speak English. Ur Ex-President dat has a doctorate degree, wat did he achieve? Don't b a tribalistic or religious bigot. Am also from d South, so for ur info, don't quote me

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by MzOnajin1(f): 7:38am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Abeg go and sit down, how can he move the country forward when he can not move his tongue properly.
OH Ok, u did not tell us, so na tongue he go use move d country forward. This man can speak good english just his accent, I wonder y people keep criticizing him.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 16, 2015
@ clitoris ur name answr it all nd show how sensless u are,haters since 1400 bc
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 16, 2015
yissi:

I couldn't just stand the ignorance being propagated.

thanks so much, it's hard for nairalanders to air an opinion without raining insults on you which i'm glad you didn't. i know for sure that those countries are not english speaking country, but it's also a known fact that all northerners who grew up in the north have very poor accent, so why should buhari's case in particular be a big deal?
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.
PDP followers just be hating on buhari anyhow.

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

The only reason you have close to 700 "Likes"is because many NL like you are like Buhari, but they can do well typing here with auto correction dictionary
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by trueteller: 7:42am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...
There is no doubt that you have no blood running and that your entire body system is not functional like that of Buhari. Your brain celll are all dead as that of Buhari palms. When people were saying Buhari has no ceetificate and that the one he brought was a forged one, you people defended him as you are doing now. Tell us any president, since independence who is as dumb and dunce like this foolish and disgraceful Buhari? Na rubbish full your head.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Silencerh(m): 7:42am On Jul 16, 2015
MzOnajin1:
OH Ok, u did not tell us, so na tongue he go use move d country forward. This man can speak good english just his accent, I wonder y people keep criticizing him.

I wonder if na by tongue o, please tell them bro... Critics will always keep criticizing jare, na their work sha I no blame dem
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by DonJupo(m): 7:46am On Jul 16, 2015
How and why is this even an issue?
The fact that you want to create a thread doesn't give you the right to cook up gabbage topics.
Be creative with a thread and we'll all gladly participate.

If spoken English is a yardstick for good governance, GEJ would still be president. Besides, PMB's spoken English is ok and clear enough for anyone and every Nigerian interested in what he has to say to understand.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by jide333(m): 7:46am On Jul 16, 2015
so its okay if boko hari cant speak good english and its totally wrong for the ex's president wife aka(there is god ooh) to drop a bomb apc with their goat head reasoning..

Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by flickers72(m): 7:47am On Jul 16, 2015
cococandy:
His accent shouldn't be an issue in my opinion.
I bet if someone with such accent ask you out you'll insult him and ask him to go look for his type of woman,accent and command of English goes a long way and makes people understand your point so as to be on the same page with you.Is not what one feel on the inside but passing their message to people who are listening so as to unerstand what they're plans are.Better to speak Hausa and get an interpreter that will work out better than stressing people to try and come to terms of what he's trying to say.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by philips70(m): 7:48am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

I wanted to sign out of Nairaland last night. But after reading this comment this morning with 694 likes and 68 shares I know the idiots are in far minority on the site. For Ochejoseph who was doing popularity contest yesterday for the president, I hope you have seen this comment? Because a very bad and clueless president lost an election all hell will be let loose on a public forum? Kids who have barely finished JS3 recruited here to be making foolery of a whole region blessed with brains like Emeka Anyaoku, Chimamanda Adichie and the rest from the Niger Delta.

God bless you Mr Dharniel and the rest reasonable people who endorsed this comment. There is hope to restore these hate children of multiple anger back to normalcy.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by trueteller: 7:50am On Jul 16, 2015
A7:
Would this bring Jonathan back?

Demented wailing wailers.
Tufiakwa, never to Buhari. Majority of Nigerians are regreting within few weeks into Buhari's administration. Never would God allow this dumbest and dullest Buhari or his likes who has caused us the biggest embarressment across the entire human race. Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Kenobus: 7:50am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...
English is not the language of those people you mention. English is the official language in Nigeria. it is a big embarrassment for Nigeria to have this Dullard. It is really sad! He takes decision now, he would reverse it in the evening; what kind of a man is that?

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Bakass(m): 7:51am On Jul 16, 2015
wether you pple like him or not, he is ruling you as ur head and president. you pple dat knows how to speak gud english, y cant you pple go en be de president? educated illitrayes...
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by lyricalz: 7:57am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

U're talking of russia, and. North korea, these are non-english speaking countries unlike Nigeria. The giant of africa, a full english speaking country that ought to lead by example.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 16, 2015
Khd95:

Remember we are talking. Abt accent here nt grammatical blunder....

Yh she didn't nid an interpreter bt a home tutor....

Her grammatical blunder coild raise a tsunami grin
still, it was beta...at least we understood her unlike someone who needs an interpreter for d whole world to understand.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by philips70(m): 7:59am On Jul 16, 2015
Franchise21:
U just allowing tribalism take over ur common sense. I know u re from d East n we know d Northerners have poor English accent bt dat doesn't mean he can't speak English. Ur Ex-President dat has a doctorate degree, wat did he achieve? Don't b a tribalistic or religious bigot. Am also from d South, so for ur info, don't quote me

Have you heard a typical Ijaw man speak English? Were you listening to Jonathan before Abati tried to brush him up but even just a little? To me he has one of the worst accent for someone who has a PhD and a classroom lecturer. GEJ pronounces his own name Zonathan, shoes as sus, rich as ris and many more embarrassing pronunciation. What did that have to do with his woeful performance and bringing us all in the Niger Delta to a big shame? Don't just mind these poorly brought up kids recruited unto this forum.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by mekzone: 8:02am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

Wrong comparison...Russia and North Korea are not English speaking. As for his accent I can always forgive an accent. In all I most say that his English is not bad, his tenses are always correct and he strings his words better than his predecessor.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by solodox(m): 8:03am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

bros i nor gree! kim maybe, buh vlad! lai lai! he speak good tho heavilly accented english! and i will have you know that english is not the official language of commerce, learning and governance in mother russia and nkr so you have no choice buh to tell ya baba to ride into a class where english is taught and stop being a living relic!

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by delegiwa(m): 8:05am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

Pally, this isn't a big deal in my personal opinion but for you to compare Putin and Kim Jong-Un whose countries' first official lingo aren't English with the President of Nigeria - a country with English as her official language is silly.

Very silly.
However, let the gentleman give us the change he promised us and he can speak Fulani for all I care. Like I said earlier, it's not big deal.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by darelar(m): 8:06am On Jul 16, 2015
Just tired of Nairaland this days because most of the comments you read is either tribalistic or religion sentiment.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ephi123(f): 8:07am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

what you've just said brought me relief. everybody quoting me has just be raining insults on me, i jus don't understand why people fail to see the truth.
Don't mind them Dharniel. The number of likes your sensible comment gathered has closed the case. I've got colleagues from different countries some with really strong accents but it hasn't stopped them excelling in their careers. Just a shame how ignorant some Nigerians choose to be.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Buhari Departs Daura For Niger Republic (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Storms Abuja With His Boys To Counter NLC Protest / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.