Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to (37337 Views)

4-Year-Old Girl Suffers Nephrotic Syndrome In Kaduna. Photo / Four Children From The Same Parents Are Born Blind In Edo (Photos) / Crippled And Partly Blind Man In Osun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 11:11am On Jul 25, 2015
Just followed up. When is the next appointment for LUTH? Back to Lagos.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 11:12am On Jul 25, 2015
Em… and sorry to draw us back. Lets head to LUTH first before Mecure pls. Very crucial.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by ifyalways(f): 11:19am On Jul 25, 2015
Caracta:

@ifyalways, the only school available (as far as we know) is located at surulere and wouldn't admit a child below 7 years.
They can't be " persuaded "?

Can we look at neighboring countries eg Ghana?

Oga Ralph, thanks.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Caracta(f): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2015
ifyalways:

They can't be " persuaded "?

Can we look at neighboring countries eg Ghana?

Oga Ralph, thanks.

From my findings, to go against the school's policy or persuade them would be difficult. I heard they have stood by that policy for years. It's a boarding school and I think education is free. Probably they have a lot of children trying to get in as well. Maybe with right connections, we could be lucky.

Ghana? Tomiwa is 4.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by ifyalways(f): 11:30am On Jul 25, 2015
Caracta:

From my findings, to go against the school's policy or persuade them would be difficult. I heard they have stood by that policy for years. It's a boarding school and I think education is free. Probably they have a lot of children trying to get in as well. Maybe with right connections, we could be lucky.

Ghana? Tomiwa is 4.
You are right about Paccelli especially as the parents are alive. Anyway never say never.

As per Ghana, it's a home (boarding ) for the blind and they take kids as young as 4 years. The parents can visit whenever they want. I'm just suggesting we can email/ contact outside the shores of Nigeria and if any home accepts him why not?
Anyway, just my suggestion.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Idowuogbo(f): 11:52am On Jul 25, 2015
softandmoist:

And the optometrist told me that barring a miracle, the eyes are gone..
Haaa! cry cry cry

Can someone trace the sponsor? Who holds on to medical reports just because you rendered help? Dodgy much. angry
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Idowuogbo(f): 11:54am On Jul 25, 2015
bellong:
How[b] on earth did a doctor not give his patient, at least photocopies of medical report. Even if he wanted to give a sponsor, the patient deserves a copy. What the hell did he learn in medical school.
[/b]
I never liked LUTH anyway. Once the report is gotten, other hospitals recommended can be tried aside LUTH.
You never know with these doctors, some of them work with babalawos.No b Nigeria again? sad
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by softandmoist(f): 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
No worries. I think I did my bit already. Every other information will be passed through the nairalander who called me out.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by omicron(m): 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Cc: kaffy4bill

Cc: omicron

I think kaffy4bill has LUTH connections. Ma'am your help will be appreciated.

Omicron is also super helpful at the health section. He might have LUTH connections as well. Bro, your help will be appreciated.

Thank you bro.

Going by the reports, I noted that no diagnosis has been made of the boy's condition - neither from LUTH, nor from the visit to Metro.

Unfortunately, I do not have strong contacts in LUTH. But I also know that LUTH resident doctors are presently on strike, meaning that the hospital is not running at full capacity, clinically. However, Consultants are not on strike: consultants clinic should still be holding.

The parents of the child, along with a (paid) volunteer, should go back to the Ophalmology clinic in LUTH to see a consultant opthalmologist. Then, his folder will be retrieved and they and the volunteer can ask the consultant any of these questions that we want to know, including the initial diagnosis, details of the surgery done, and the prognosis. They can also demand a written medical report from the Consultant. All this can be done at a first visit, or a second visit. Though, an internal contact will make this effort very smooth, I do not feel such a contact is indespensable for now.

I will still try to look for a doctor in the Opthalmology department of LUTH, and see the help or advice I can get from them.

May God bless the child and bless everyone whose heart is touched by his plight.

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Idowuogbo(f): 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
softandmoist:
No worries. I think I did my bit already. Every other information will be passed through the nairalander who called me out.
You've done well dearie...thank you! Thank you!!!! kiss
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Funjosh(m): 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
ifyalways:
my bad. Accept my apologies

God bless you ifyalways i love this. kiss
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Funjosh(m): 8:52am On Jul 26, 2015
Tomiwa will see again. We don't have to give up.

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
Evening all, yet to see any conclusion about the next step. What's happening? Getting tired? undecided
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Idowuogbo(f): 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
olu4life:
Evening all, yet to see any conclusion about the next step. What's happening? Getting tired? undecided
What's with the getting tired comment?Jeez! If you are finding it difficult to drop words of encouragement here then GTFOH. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
Idowuogbo:

What's with the getting tired comment?Jeez! If you are finding it difficult to drop words of encouragement here then GTFOH. undecided
Idowu! Idowu!! Idowu!!! How many times I call u? Na beg I dey beg u, dey ur lane. What has encouragement got to do with the next line of action Abeg dey ur lane angry

1 Like

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Idowuogbo(f): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2015
olu4life:

Idowu! Idowu!! Idowu!!! How many times I call u? Na beg I dey beg u, dey ur lane. What has encouragement got to do with the next line of action Abeg dey ur lane angry
that getting tired comment was rude. You sef dey your lane. Nonsense! angry

4 Likes

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by tchiwinnie: 10:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
I really pray it will be possible to retrive d required info frm LUTH, considering d fact dat its bn a long tym since their last visit and also because of d strike. Bt of course, there s no harm in trying. Lets follow omicron's advice.
Olu4life,welcome bk. Read thru d previous page and catch up on wot u missed.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2015
Saw the ideas/suggestions initially but yet to hear from tearoses about the plan on achieving them.

Thanks @tchiwinnie wink Gotta chill then
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 27, 2015
Good Morning all.

Ive received some more information

1. The diagnosis is glaucoma
2. The doctor who performed the operation at LUTH is Dr Adamu/Musa. (The consultant seen at Metroeyes said that he is one of the best in this field)
3. The consultant seen at Metro Eyes advised that Tomiwa be taken back to see Dr Adamu/Musa

Plan
1. Book an appointment to see Dr Adamu/Musa at LUTH

This is where we need people with contacts in LUTH to please come in to help. We all know that this not a case of the parents walking into LUTH and asking to see the doctor and we will need some help in acheiving this appointment.

Please does anyone know anyone in LUTH who can help and can anyone go to LUTH and do some legwork. If the appointment is made, I want to beleive that the hopsital will find the notes.

Thank you very much & God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 27, 2015
Please see the prescription

The volunteer will buy the prescription and send it to the parents by Fedex today or send the parents money to buy it from their end. Thank you very much & God bless you

1 Share

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 27, 2015
Ive just been advised that LUTH is on strike

Plan B I guess is to find out where Dr Adamu/Musa practises privately and obtain a private consultation with him

Softanmoist dear please can you kindly dig out this information for us. Thank you ma'am kiss

Does anyone know Dr Adamu/Musa privately?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Idowuogbo(f): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2015
On strike again? Na every month dem dey strike ni? Oluwa o shanu ilu Noiigirìaaaaa!! Jeez! It is well...

Oya o,olu4life aka Mr jabololu, you get connections? cheesy
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2015
Idowuogbo:
On strike again? Na every month dem dey strike ni? Oluwa o shanu ilu Noiigirìaaaaa!! Jeez! It is well...

Oya o,olu4life aka Mr jabololu, you get connections? cheesy
Lol, got a link there, lemme contact her. Will get bac to the house.

Modified…
Gotten across to my link. Will get back to me cos she isnt in that section.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by tchiwinnie: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2015
I think consultants at luth are still working. Its d resident drs that are on strike.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
The volunteer has purchased the drops and has sent them Via Fedex. I dont want to post the receipts becasue the persons name is on the receipts.

Once again thank you very much & God bless you kiss

Back to the LUTH issue. Since the consultants are not on strike, if anyone knows Dr Musa or how to see him or assist in any other way please do so

Thank you very much.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Ralphlauren(m): 2:39pm On Jul 27, 2015
tearoses:
The volunteer has purchased the drops and has sent them Via Fedex. I dont want to post the receipts becasue the persons name is on the receipts.

Once again thank you very much & God bless you kiss

Back to the LUTH issue. Since the consultants are not on strike, if anyone knows Dr Musa or how to see him or assist in any other way please do so

Thank you very much.

massive thank you to the volunteer. God bless you Sir/Ma'am.

tearoses, thanks for the feedback. its a pity that the glaucoma was left untreated for so long as its an ailment thats easily manageable with prescription eye drops, surgery and regular checkup with little or no impact to the individual's eyesight.

please, any luck with the paid volunteer? we can still work on retrieving the notes pending when we get hold of Dr. Musa

secondly, were you able to get feedback from the ophthalmologist at metro eyes regarding tomiwa's continous head shaking and what could be done to stop/reduce it?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Ralphlauren(m): 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
omicron:
Thank you bro.

Going by the reports, I noted that no diagnosis has been made of the boy's condition - neither from LUTH, nor from the visit to Metro.

Unfortunately, I do not have strong contacts in LUTH. But I also know that LUTH resident doctors are presently on strike, meaning that the hospital is not running at full capacity, clinically. However, Consultants are not on strike: consultants clinic should still be holding.

The parents of the child, along with a (paid) volunteer, should go back to the Ophalmology clinic in LUTH to see a consultant opthalmologist. Then, his folder will be retrieved and they and the volunteer can ask the consultant any of these questions that we want to know, including the initial diagnosis, details of the surgery done, and the prognosis. They can also demand a written medical report from the Consultant. All this can be done at a first visit, or a second visit. Though, an internal contact will make this effort very smooth, I do not feel such a contact is indespensable for now.

I will still try to look for a doctor in the Opthalmology department of LUTH, and see the help or advice I can get from them.

May God bless the child and bless everyone whose heart is touched by his plight.

omicron, thanks for taking time to respond. God bless you bro.

2 Likes

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Ralphlauren(m): 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
olu4life:

i hope you realise that yesterday was sunday. people have church commitments, etc on sundays and its a well known fact that nairaland is least active on sundays.

the thread has been very active all week- satuday inclusive, so just because there was just one or two comments on a sunday is not enough reason for you to conclude that 'people are getting tired''.

anyways, idowu has given you a befitting response. grin

3 Likes

Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
RalphLauren thank you for your comments and I appreciate your concern.

The advise that the parents were given by the consultant seen on Friday was that they take Tomiwa back to Dr Adamu who carried out the operation.

The easiest and most efficient way after taking everything else into consideration is for them to get an appointment with Dr Adamu, hence my request for anyone who can facilitate this. The consultant can then call for the notes himself since it’s the same establishment and it will be easier for him to do so.

As regards the head shaking, the consultant said it was because he is trying to see.

Olu4life can you please accompany the family to LUTH if you have the time please? They need to see Dr Adamu. Thank you very much.
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Ralphlauren(m): 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
tearoses:
RalphLauren thank you for your comments and I appreciate your concern.

The advise that the parents were given by the consultant seen on Friday was that they take Tomiwa back to Dr Adamu who carried out the operation.

The easiest and most efficient way after taking everything else into consideration is for them to get an appointment with Dr Adamu, hence my request for anyone who can facilitate this. The consultant can then call for the notes himself since it’s the same establishment and it will be easier for him to do so.

As regards the head shaking, the consultant said it was because he is trying to see.

Olu4life can you please accompany the family to LUTH if you have the time please? They need to see Dr Adamu. Thank you very much.

thats true @ bolded.

so now, his parents will have to go to LUTH and book an appointment to see the Doctor. hmmm but LUTH being LUTH, i hope he won't be given some date that's many months ahead although, 'sorting' out the admin staff might be able to resolve that.

that said, there's no harm asking for a copy of his case notes at the time the appointment is being made just in case we need the notes for a plan B.

i can just imagine the boy's frustration . . . .shaking his head continously . . . trying hard to get rid of the darkness, yet it remains. its really sad. sad
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by olu4life(m): 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
@Ralphlauren *sigh* thank God u said idowu responded, so wwhy bringing it up again undecided

@tearoses, is Wednesday ok?
Re: Please help this 4 Year old little blind boy - He has no one else to turn to by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2015
olu4life:
@Ralphlauren *sigh* thank God u said idowu responded, so wwhy bringing it up again undecided

@tearoses, is Wednesday ok?

Thanks Olu4life
I will call them and get back to you
I will Pm you
thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Four Months After Abortion No Menstruation / 5 5555 / Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.