Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,403 members, 7,836,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky (13162 Views)

8 Places Guys Will Get Positive Feedback From Single Ladies When They Woo Them / How To Stop A Girl You Like, Talk To Her & Get Her Number In Minutes / How To Talk To A Girl...You Have Never Met..Both Online And Real Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 6:37pm On Mar 10, 2009
OMO IBO:

well, i  dont have that option in PM's.
You don't need PM's, there is a 'report to moderator' link beside every post on nairaland. In addition, you can post a link to the offending post here.

I have no powers over other mods, which is why I gave a personal apology. Can we keep this thread on track?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2009
OMO IBO:

Michelin89, i dont have a problem with you responding to my posts or saying whatever you like.
I have a problem with you sending me PM's. thats all. That is my complaint.

If you can stop sending me PM's then i'll be good

Sorry I can't because there I need them to keep in touch with members. Have you forgotten I am a mod?  wink
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2009
debosky:

You don't need PM's, there is a 'report to moderator' link beside every post on nairaland. In addition, you can post a link to the offending post here.

I have no powers over other mods, which is why I gave a personal apology. Can we keep this thread on track?
so if you have no power over other Mods whats point in using the 'report to moderator' link?
like i said before my complaint has everything to do with the PM's she is sending. I have no problem whatsoever with no thread
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by doyin13(m): 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2009
StephenP:

Please stop. You are making the mods on here look bad. If you got a problem with him, please report him to Seun.

Making them look bad. . .

They do that all by themselves

See what a member of your clique sent to me. . . .

If I ever catch you peeping into Toyosi's profile again. Mo ma Ban e for life ni. Na me talk am

Talk about a crass abuse of powers  angry angry angry Makes me want to be a mod too  grin grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by StephenP(m): 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2009
doyin13:

Making them look bad. . .

They do that all by themselves

See what a member of your clique sent to me. . . .

If I ever catch you peeping into Toyosi's profile again. Mo ma Ban e for life ni. Na me talk am

Talk about a crass abuse of powers  angry angry angry Makes me want to be a mod too  grin grin

Lies. Doyin I don't believe that lmao.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2009
OMO IBO:

so if you have no power over other Mods whats point in using the 'report to moderator' link?
like i said before my complaint has everything to do with the PM's she is sending. I have no problem whatsoever with no thread

E be like say you nor dey understand. Right now I am within Debosky territory and if he thinks my posts are offensive he is free to delete them to maintain peace and tranquility in his section. You got it? I am just a simple member replying a thread. My posts weigh like that of other simple members.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2009
OMO IBO:

You can email seun directly if you have any issues that can't be handled by the mods - visit his website www.seunosewa.com for more details.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2009
debosky:

You can email seun directly if you have any issues that can't be handled by the mods - visit his website www.seunosewa.com for more details.

Why all this tutoring? Tomorrow he go still come back to ask. tongue
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2009
debosky:

details like what exactly?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by doyin13(m): 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2009
StephenP:

Lies. Doyin I don't believe that lmao.

Hmmm. . .don't make me name and shame Stephen.

It might cost him/her their lucrative post as moderator
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by 4Play(m): 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2009
@MOD

I am suggesting it should be obligatory for any female who wants to post on the romance threads to put up a full size picture of themselves in their profile.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 10, 2009
4 Play:

@MOD

I am suggesting it should be obligatory for any female who wants to post on the romance threads to put up a full size picture of themselves in their profile.

CO-SIGN X 100
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2009
OMO IBO:

CO-SIGN X 100

Not every girl can compete for Miss World and considering your past affirmations about someone's look, any girl will think twice before posting her pics here.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by chamotex(m): 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2009
doyin13:

Hmmm. . .don't make me name and shame Stephen.

It might cost him/her their lucrative post as moderator

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2009
4 Play:

@MOD

I would advocate for this strongly, sadly it is unenforceable - you can't force mgbekes and wowolities to post their pictures. grin

@ david

Seun's email address is available on his website, I didn't post it here to avoid spam.

What is lucrative about moderators anyways? grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by lawyer(m): 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2009
I am really scared of this romance thread! Too many "NOT ALRIGHT" characters ready to take a swipe at you and debase you unduly cheesy

Like one time 3 or 4 weeks ago, while i was sitting jejely in my property forum, mukina had to alert me that one "rosie" abi "pinkey" compared me to adam brody and even lifted my picture to show every body to humilate me for no reason. I have never said a single word to her before and all of a sudden she started throwing barbs and tirades at me coupled with some other members on this thread. I was more than stunned and bewildered!

Where these creatures crawl out from to concote crappy posts on this forum is shocking and since then, i have retreated to my caban jejely! cheesy

I doubt if i can moderate this forum for 2 mins sef! Debosky nna u de try!

L8rs men, back to me and my omo-niles playing police and thief for ourselves in my forum, lol grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by tope2000(f): 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2009
4 Play:

@MOD

lmao. . . . grin grin
i concur tongue tongue
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by eyonigger(m): 11:43pm On Mar 10, 2009
This is disgusting, sorry to say, most post I have read on here shows that Romance section of NL has turned a politics playing ground. Seun step up the game, too bad there aint nothing u can do about it.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by MrCrackles(m): 11:52pm On Mar 10, 2009
eyonigger:

This is disgusting, sorry to say, most post I have read on here shows that Romance section of NL has turned a politics playing ground. Seun step up the game, too bad there aint nothing u can do about it.

Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 12:00am On Mar 11, 2009
eyonigger:

Can you explain your post sir?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Epi: 2:59am On Mar 11, 2009
Sir debosky - 4 things

I am an Angel, What, people can't see that in me?

Why people think I am Cayon, Canyon, Crayon whatever the heck they call her

Why some folks start off a sentence in English and end it in their "mother tongue"

For example:  Epi, what's the recipe for that (English) a jare o abeg (Wat dah f**k is that)

I am being misunderstood - why?

I look forward to reading your response

Thanks
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by CrazyMan(m): 3:41am On Mar 11, 2009
Debo. My problem or what bothers me most is your slow approach in tackling forum outburst. I've seen lots and lots of threads being started by people with the hope of getting reasonable replys from other members, or with reasons best known to them. And instead of contributing or avoiding the topic, some pests who should be sitting in their hut and feeling sorry for themselves would just walk in there and say. . .Foolish thread or stupid poster. There are also lots of cases where a member would make a post and instead of agreeing or disagreeing with him/her, people would deliberately provoke that member. Finally, as a moderator, why must you approve a thread that carries wrost thread maker delusional member and biggest flirt. Don't you think that could lead to forum outburst? Believe it or not, Romance section is one of the biggest if not the biggest forum on Nairaland. So you who is opportunied to be the moderator of this great section should ensure that you maintain law and order and prohibit threads that you know would lead to forum outburst or verbal attack.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Moonstone(f): 4:51am On Mar 11, 2009
4 Play:

@MOD

Along these lines,
I am suggesting it should be obligatory that anybody calling himself handsome or herself beautiful should put up a pic. How is it that every girl and guy that posts is always beautiful or handsome?

Ummmm. . . in as much as y'all want peace to reign, you have to admit that there are some posters that need to be abused. Is there a way for you permit a little bit of dissing or at least delete threads that are obviously stupid? Just a little bit. Some people deserve it and good girls like us have learnt to ignore such rubbish but i don't blame those who abuse them .
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by eyonigger(m): 7:33am On Mar 11, 2009
I have nothing to explain, can you please explain why this thread and the one of Daphoenix was clinched to the upper page of this SECTION? Because iice's " Nairaland Romance rules as we all know should always be at the top. In short why should Daphoez post be stabilized at the top? Is it coz u guyz are buddies? Does that not show how political this SECTION is turning in the hands of debosky??

I know some pple wud want to rip me apart, thats not what am expecting, instead state reasons why u think am wrong, coz i do know im right.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 8:46am On Mar 11, 2009
lmao @ this thread.

Moonstone:

Along these lines,
I am suggesting it should be obligatory that anybody calling himself handsome or herself beautiful should put up a pic. How is it that every girl and guy that posts is always beautiful or handsome?

I concur. And the guys should have 4-5 pictures so we can confirm they are who they say they are, then we can begin to talk about phone numbers and the likes.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by C2H5OH(f): 8:54am On Mar 11, 2009
ROFL grin Yea yea yea, more inflated excuses to get homies to post their pics. Since when did you become a confirmer.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 10:17am On Mar 11, 2009
epi:

Sir debosky - 4 things

I am an Angel, What, people can't see that in me?
Well maybe you need to show more angelic behaviour. wink I remember you were subtly cussing someone out a few weeks back, the one about the virgin awards? Not very angelic darling wink

Why people think I am Cayon, Canyon, Crayon whatever the heck they call her
I don't know why they think so, maybe your posting style is similar to hers? Don't worry about it, just ignore them. wink

Why some folks start off a sentence in English and end it in their "mother tongue"

For example:  Epi, what's the recipe for that (English) a jare o abeg (Wat dah f**k is that)
It's a Nigerian thing as far as I know. People tend to use expressions like that in their speech so they use it while typing on the forum as well. Nairaland rules state that proper English should be used at all times, but I guess people just get carried away. Considering the number of issues mods have to deal with, this one receives little attention. But you are right though.

I am being misunderstood - why?
I have no idea. Everyone gets misunderstood from time to time. Even I was misunderstood hence the need for this thread. grin

Like I said earlier, don't take things personal or too seriously and just try to have a good time. wink
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 10:26am On Mar 11, 2009
eyonigger:

I have nothing to explain, can you please explain why this thread and the one of Daphoenix was clinched to the upper page of this SECTION?
Let me explain:
This thread is for all romance section users to communicate with me (and other mods once I have their agreement). It is useful and helpful for running the section as a whole. In light of this, I decided to make the thread 'sticky' in order to make sure ALL users have easy access to this thread and can easily voice their concerns. If the thread is lost somewhere on the 3rd or 4th page, no one will be able to use it and they might forget it exists. That is the only reason it is 'clinched' to the upper page.

In short why should Daphoez post be stabilized at the top? Is it coz u guyz are buddies? Does that not show how political this SECTION is turning in the hands of debosky??
DaPhoenix's thread is about nominations for the WHOLE section. I think it is an interesting thread that many users will like to see and participate in. Furthermore, voting on that thread ends on March 29th, so it will only be sticky till that date to give it maximum publicity.
After that, I will 'unsticky' the thread and lock it, and it will move away from the top of the section.

For avoidance of doubt, any thread that is regarded beneficial to everyone or important enough to remain visible will be 'stickied' at the top. This isn't a matter of friends or anything else. I hope that answers your question.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 10:38am On Mar 11, 2009
crazykid:

Debo. My problem or what bothers me most is your slow approach in tackling forum outburst. I've seen lots and lots of threads being started by people with the hope of getting reasonable replys from other members, or with reasons best known to them. And instead of contributing or avoiding the topic, some pests who should be sitting in their hut and feeling sorry for themselves would just walk in there and say. . .Foolish thread or stupid poster. There are also lots of cases where a member would make a post and instead of agreeing or disagreeing with him/her, people would deliberately provoke that member.
Thank you so much for this post, I really appreciate it. The truth is, We (romance mods) cannot be in all threads at all times. Please remember we also have lives outside of nairaland. The fact of the matter is that we rely heavily on good members like yourselves to use the 'REPORT TO MODERATOR' link. Please do not hesitate to use this link, it is the best way to bring offending posts to the attention of the moderators. If you do that, then we can easily respond and clean out the thread.

This is the reason why I have been trying to clean out threads and warn offending posters to stop derailing threads. Seun banned someone last week for making such a silly comment (rubbish thread) on someone's thread. I am trying my best to respond quickly, so please bear with me. wink

If you see an offending post, don't fight the person - report to the moderator. If you feel the response isn't quick enough, please post on this thread describing the problem and I will try to resolve it.

Finally, as a moderator, why must you approve a thread that carries wrost thread maker delusional member and biggest flirt. Don't you think that could lead to forum outburst? Believe it or not, Romance section is one of the biggest if not the biggest forum on Nairaland. So you who is opportunied to be the moderator of this great section should ensure that you maintain law and order and prohibit threads that you know would lead to forum outburst or verbal attack.
I think the overall aim of the thread is 'romance nominations', which is a fun exercise and should not be taken too seriously. I realise that people will sometimes be offended, but like iice said - don't take things personal or too seriously. wink If you think you have been insulted, report to the moderator and the offending post can be removed or edited.

I am trying to maintain law and order, but there is no thread you will post on nairaland that will not offend someone somewhere. I truly don't believe the nominations thread is malicious or intended to insult, so that is why I didn't delete it.

You know what? I'll add a poll to the thread. If majority of members are against the awards you mentioned, I'll ask the OP to remove them. How does that sound?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by eyonigger(m): 12:00pm On Mar 11, 2009
Understood, lastly, do u think you would have stuck Daphoez thread if it was some1 like adambrody that posted the thread? Be plain and sincere.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2009
eyonigger:

Understood, lastly, do u think you would have stuck Daphoez thread if it was some1 like adambrody that posted the thread? Be plain and sincere.
If the thread is relevant to the whole of the section and will interest majority of the users, and if it merits being visible then the answer is YES. The identity of the original poster is immaterial - the relevant criteria for threads is content.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by eyonigger(m): 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2009
I have heard u lawyer debola, you have defended yourself well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

Am In LOVE With Ashawo Girl In Benin Citry / Sex With My Driver / If You Are A Ratchet Akata, That Nigerian Man Will Never Marry You For Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.