Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky (13164 Views)

8 Places Guys Will Get Positive Feedback From Single Ladies When They Woo Them / How To Stop A Girl You Like, Talk To Her & Get Her Number In Minutes / How To Talk To A Girl...You Have Never Met..Both Online And Real Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by oziomatv(m): 10:39am On Mar 13, 2009
debosky:

What do you mean unromantic? We are VERY romantic as far as I'm aware. tongue

Debo, you may be but the 2 previous MODS. ?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Epi: 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2009
D-Boss

Thanks for intellectually stimulating my mind.  I enjoyed reading your response.  Just one thing tho, please avoid putting that "guilt-feeling" on me   . . .errrr that angelic crap.  I am a very sensitive lady ok.  Now you have me singing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, to shine for Him each day"

P.S.  I like your style kiss

1love
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by dani1luv: 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2009
d-bus-key or i mean debosky grin

Please call me dani

and not danluv wink
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by PERVERT9: 7:54pm On Mar 14, 2009
debosky na how you manage to be moderator?you of all nairalanders,you wey be original wayo and jibiti man,kai nairaland don suffer grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 8:49pm On Mar 14, 2009
I am a reformed original wayo and jibiti man. Nairaland offers redemption to all grin grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 16, 2009
Debosky, you seem to be having fun instead of dealing and responding to feedback.
I remember you deleted some posts on this thread cos you thought i and some other beings were derailing the thread.

Care to explain whats happenning now?
seems like double standard to me. not like i care but thought i'd point it out
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Treetop20(m): 7:57pm On Mar 16, 2009
OMO IBO:

Debosky, you seem to be having fun instead of dealing and responding to feedback.
I remember you deleted some posts on this thread cos you thought i and some other beings were derailing the thread.

Care to explain whats happenning now?
seems like double standard to me. not like i care but thought i'd point it out
chill
life isn't always serious
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2009
Treetop20:

chill
life isn't always serious

Everyone cannot and must not have the same view as yours. The poster is free to express his opinion and mind to the moderator. Afterall, that is what this thread is meant for.

So on the contrary, you chill.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Treetop20(m): 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2009
Pataki:

Everyone cannot and must not have the same view as yours. The poster is free to express his opinion and mind to the moderator. Afterall, that is what this thread is meant for.

So on the contrary, you chill.

i stay chiling
you are the one who needs to chill
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 17, 2009
debosky:

@ b_b you can create a thread in the recycle bin if you want wink

@ Omo Ibo

Not a double standard really, these posts will be deleted shortly to return to the original purpose of the thread wink

absolute tosh!
see your life.
you deleted my posts with immediate alacrity. now you are saying 'these posts will be deleted shortly to return to the original purpose of the thread'.
what nonsense is that?

listen, it doesnt bother me what you do and how you choose to keep this thread in line but you have failed based on principle.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Okanran(m): 10:00am On Mar 17, 2009
OMO IBO:

[/b]

absolute tosh!
see your life.
you deleted my posts with immediate alacrity. now you are saying 'these posts will be deleted shortly to return to the original purpose of the thread'.
what nonsense is that?

listen, it doesnt bother me what you do and how you choose to keep this thread in line but you have failed based on principle.

Oooouch! To think I was just starting to enjoy your contribution. OMO IBO, I daresay I equally have good grounds to pick on Debosky, afterall, I was one of the few, if not the first to heap encomuim on him for starting this thread only for him to post directly beneath my post, insinuating that am derailing the thread. Am guilty as charged no doubt but Debosky himself had a chat wth Pervert 9 on non official issues prior to my post.

Be that as it may, I'd rather we give our Debosky the benefit of doubt in the discharge of his duties. Now, y'all slow your roll, there's little to be gained if we start whipping up sentiment.

Omo ibo, nor vex u hia! wink
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 12:14pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ Omo Ibo

I haven't failed 'on principle', I have simply exercised some [i]moderatorial [/i]discretion in delaying deletion. If you were on the nominations thread, I also did the same from time to time - I would respond to a matter not directly related to the thread, allow the respondents to read my posts and then clean out the unnecessary posts.

If I feel the need to immediately delete posts that I feel are/can rapidly snowball into a full blown fight or derailment then I will do so. On the other hand, I might (temporarily) endorse some side talk as long as that does not defeat the overall thread purpose.

I hope this is clear. wink

Now back to topic: Is there any feedback that I have not responded to on this thread? If there is, please point it out for me to deal with since I am unaware of it. wink
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Tgirl4real(f): 12:57pm On Mar 17, 2009
Yes there is. U didnt respond to my request, then u deleted my post
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2009
so you admit to exercising your moderatorial discretion in deleting my posts and also allowing other posts to stand
by the way, the (my) post you deleted was a complaint about one of your peers.

i can see you've deleted some irrelevant posts? could that because i blew the whistle?
My post did not last 5 minutes before they were deleted but i can see that some irrelevant posts have been here for hours and you even responded to them.

if you are honest, you know those posts would still be here had i not complained.

Debosky, I believe you prolly the nicest Moderator on here but make you shine ya eye. I don't mean to be a pin in the a55. we just want to be treated equally and fairly.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 1:45pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ OMO IBO

It seems you didn't understand my reply. Yes I have exercised discretion in deleting some posts (including yours) sooner than others, but all irrelevant posts will be deleted.

I have deleted posts that I feel have served their purpose, I do that from time to time as required. I can exercise discretion in when I delete posts, especially when they are neither inflammatory nor extremely diversionary from the thread's aim. While noting your threads were deleted after '5 mins', remember I deleted insulting posts from Michelin in probably 30 seconds  grin.

If I am honest? Well no, the posts would be gone soon - I had warned that the thread should not be derailed.

Multiple means of administration are in use here: appeals, correction, coersion and punishment. I apply as I deem appropriate and that remains within my remit as a mod. Did I not respond to your complaints  so why should I ignore other posts? I answer and delete after I feel they have served their purpose. Whether I decide to do that in an hour or 3 is within my discretion, as long as it doesn't derail the purpose of the thread wink

@ Tgirl

Please  pardon me - can you make your request again?  kiss
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 2:24pm On Mar 17, 2009
He's also human.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by bigbumper(f): 2:57pm On Mar 17, 2009
Okanran:

Oooouch! To think I was just starting to enjoy your contribution. OMO IBO, I daresay I equally have good grounds to pick on Debosky, afterall, I was one of the few, if not the first to heap encomuim on him for starting this thread only for him to post directly beneath my post, insinuating that am derailing the thread . . .

Slow your roll, Debosky was reprimanding us all, twas just that your post was the last in the queue, next time get your post in early, slowcoach tongue And IMHO I don't see why the Moderator has to pander to that big girl's blouse called OMO IBO cheesy

debosky:

. . . Now back to topic: Is there any feedback that I have not responded to on this thread? If there is, please point it out for me to deal with since I am unaware of it. wink

MODERATOR FEEDBACK : You should learn to trust your own judgement and not let people railroad you into the overkill stage and like I said before which you deleted angry you are doing a good job, no make that you were doing a good job angry angry angry tongue

Examining who was actually derailing this thread, taking HIGHLY into consideration the subject matter - Debosky:

~ Busy_body/Big_bumper was asking romance related questions from the romantic Romance Section Moderator Debosky in the Romance section. So on this note, I can confidently state that she is/was the only one on this thread following the non-derailment rule to a tee. VERDICT - NOT GUILTY OF THREAD DERAILING cool

~ Spikedcylinder was enquiring about acquiring an accomplice to help her commit "a crime of passion" and help her eliminate her love rival cheesy Yes I don't support her intent, [size=5pt]only because I was the intended victim[/size] but she was still not derailing the thread because passion related crime still falls within the remit of Romance cheesy VERDICT - NOT GUILTY OF THREAD DERAILING cool

~ OMO IBO chose this medium [size=5pt]after trying out many other means[/size] to seek for help from the "Romance Section Moderator" to help . . . wait a minute  shocked shocked shocked EUREKA EUREKA EUREKA, now I have found it, I see, hmmn, OMO IBO needed help to deflect the amorous advances of the fiery, fiesty and fierce "Culture Moderator", and who better to approach than the love god Adonis Debosky cheesy

Hmmn, now that succinctly explains the reason for his grouse with Debo, but why can't he just man up and step up to the plate. Yes Michelin can be fiery, fiesty, and fierce, but who wants a doormat as a woman, dude you need to quit hiding behind Debosky's skirt and stop being a scaredy-cat and take the bull[i]ress [/i] by the horn cheesy grin cheesy  Love is in the air cool VERDICT - HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM grin

SERIOUSLY EVERYONE NEEDS TO CHILL LIKE TREETOP RIGHTLY INTONED
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 3:09pm On Mar 17, 2009
grin grin grin

I am humbled by your response b_b, I also have a lot to learn in this moderating business.

OMO IBO over to you. cheesy
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2009
Debosky, i hope you've seen big BIG DULLARD comments.
i shall let you sort it out.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2009
Debosky, me and you no get beef.

this is a light banter and should not be taken seriously. i dey point out wetin i see
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2009
Busy_Body is quite a raconteur. tongue

As I said before, Mr Mod here is only human and he's trying to take his "modding" to the next level by interacting with forum users one on one. If Chairman and other mods take a cue from him. . . . .

Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Busy_Body is quite a raconteur. tongue

As I said before, Mr Mod here is only human and he's trying to take his "modding" to the next level by interacting with forum users one on one. If Chairman and other mods take a cue from him. . . . .

I know . . . Notice how Debo and Esteban (my new name for Stephen) are the best mods we've seen on romance, yet there be ALWAYS be babies people there to complain about what he is doing or not doing.

Anyway, if Seun is looking for a mod, I suggest he picks a cute guy because it seems like cute guys know how to mod and I know I'm not the only one who noticed that trend lol.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Ibime(m): 5:53pm On Mar 17, 2009
Who the hell wants to talk to Debosky and about what?

This Romance section is full of crap sometimes.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 5:56pm On Mar 17, 2009
Ibime carry your bad belle back to sports before I get you banned! angry grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 6:07pm On Mar 17, 2009
DaPhoenix:

I know . . . Notice how Debo and Esteban (my new name for Stephen) are the best mods we've seen on romance, yet there be ALWAYS be babies people there to complain about what he is doing or not doing.
From your posts above, I can deduce that you expect this thread to be all of praise singing and cheers to the moderator. Once such does not meet to your expectation, people found to be erring are deemed as babies, right?

If life was a one-way road, how boring would it not have been for all. In case it was missing on you, the topic reads: Moderator Feedback: Talk to Debosky. You might want to check the meaning of ''Feedback.''

the return to a point of origin of evaluative or corrective information about an action or process
Source

If complaining to the Moderator is not a form of evaluative or corrective information, I wonder who is the baby then? undecided
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 17, 2009
Debosky, I'd like to believe you havent seen big bumpers comments about me.

i'll bet you, if i made that same statement or something similar you'd have deleted it long before now. but guess what, its been at least 5 hours since she made that comment and it is still there despite the fact that i brought it to your attention.

you have also responded to Ibime's comments so you cant tell me you havent seen my post or Big bumpers'.

When i talk about 'principle' this is what im referring to. looks like your moderatorial discretion only works in one direction. . . . . . . . . .and its definitely working against me.

O KARE OOO
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2009
I wonder why my posts are being deleted angry
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by bigbumper(f): 10:03pm On Mar 17, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

I wonder why my posts are being deleted angry

Na OMO IBO you have to blame for that cheesy he wants only just his posts to be on this thread grin   

OMO IBO:

Debosky, I'd like to believe you havent seen big bumpers comments about me.

i'll bet you, if i made that same statement or something similar you'd have deleted it long before now. but guess what, its been at least 5 hours since she made that comment and it is still there despite the fact that i brought it to your attention.

you have also responded to Ibime's comments so you cant tell me you havent seen my post or Big bumpers'.

When i talk about 'principle' this is what im referring to. looks like your moderatorial discretion only works in one direction. . . . . . . . . .and its definitely working against me.

O KARE OOO

O ga fun e o OMO NNa, I thought it was Michelin you had a beef with, did Debosky collect ya wife shocked Are you now going to start dictating what post the Moderator should remove to him again shocked Why can't I comment about you, you carry fire for head cheesy If that is the case, me and you will enter same trouser today because virtually all your posts should not be on this thread because they are just you whingeing and having a tantrum and are not feedbacks to him, neither are they relevant to this thread or any thread on NL for that matter cheesy What happened to your sense of humour undecided

Bruv lighten up and give Debosky room to breath man.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DeReloaded: 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2009
wow this dude is a whiny pansy. So embarrassing.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 17, 2009
madam, if you have a problem with my posts please take it to Debosky or like your peers chat away.
if you are embarrassed. . . . . . hide your face.

@ big bumper, abeg who you be? wetin be ur other monicker?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DeReloaded: 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2009
diapers need to be changed

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cheesy
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 10:46pm On Mar 17, 2009
I left her post up for you to reply to since she claims to be on topic - she says you sound bitter - why not respond?

Must I now defend you as part of my moderation duties? undecided

If it was 'going against you' why would I delete insulting posts by Michelin against you

Lose the victim mentality, it is highly unbecoming.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

If You Are A Ratchet Akata, That Nigerian Man Will Never Marry You For Real / I Think I Got The Most Beautiful Girl Friend In The World (photos) / My New Girlfriend Is A Virgin. Shuld I Disflower Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.