Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky (13163 Views)

8 Places Guys Will Get Positive Feedback From Single Ladies When They Woo Them / How To Stop A Girl You Like, Talk To Her & Get Her Number In Minutes / How To Talk To A Girl...You Have Never Met..Both Online And Real Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 11:54pm On Mar 17, 2009
Pataki:

From your posts above, I can deduce that you expect this thread to be all of praise singing and cheers to the moderator. Once such does not meet to your expectation, people found to be erring are deemed as babies, right?

If life was a one-way road, how boring would it not have been for all. In case it was missing on you, the topic reads: Moderator Feedback: Talk to Debosky. You might want to check the meaning of ''Feedback.''

the return to a point of origin of evaluative or corrective information about an action or process
Source

If complaining to the Moderator is not a form of evaluative or corrective information, I wonder who is the baby then? undecided

If you had to been following this thread, you'd realize that all he has been trying to do is play the victim. He believes that Debosky has nothing else to do but "oppress" him. Other people's posts were deleted too and you don't see us complaining or whining in his case as Dereloaded rightly put it because we knew it was off topic. But you wouldn't know that because you weren't following this thread so go sit down with your dictionary and keep it cute if at all possible.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 12:10am On Mar 18, 2009
DaPhoenix:

If you had to been following this thread, you'd realize that all he has been trying to do is play the victim. He believes that Debosky has nothing else to do but "oppress" him. Other people's posts were deleted too and you don't see us complaining or whining in his case as Dereloaded rightly put it because we knew it was off topic. But you wouldn't know that because you weren't following this thread so go sit down with your dictionary and keep it cute if at all possible.
How you come to your conclusions so easily speaks volume your rationalization to evaluate processes. If you seek to justify your posts, I have no problem with that. But be rather mindful that plying anecdotes of diatribe in justification of your post would not serve credence to your points in any way.

OMO IBO with his incessant jibber-jabber is not my grouse. But rather the means of silencing posters who do not tag along with some others reasoning in whichever thread most especially on the romance section is unbecoming. Everyone has a voice, it does not suit your hearing, move along. A perceived nairaland poster makes known his/her issue of annoyance or whatever to the moderator on this thread, tag-teams of other posters come along and attack such a poster, simply because it does not suit their taste, is totally wrong.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 12:19am On Mar 18, 2009
Pataki:

OMO IBO with his incessant jibber-jabber is not my grouse. But rather the means of silencing posters who do not tag along with some others reasoning in whichever thread most especially on the romance section is unbecoming.
Very true - diverse opinions should be encouraged as much as possible, as long as it remains civil.

Everyone has a voice, it does not suit your hearing, move along.
I agree with this, but with a few qualifications. If it doesn't suit you, you are free to express opposition to that voice - in a non-aggressive and civil manner. We can't stop two people from posting similar opinions that they individually agree on just to appear not to be 'ganging up'. As long as you express your opinion without insults and with due civility, no opinions should be withheld or restricted.

A perceived nairaland poster makes known his/her issue of annoyance or whatever to the moderator on this thread, tag-teams of other posters come along and attack such a poster, simply because it does not suit their taste, is totally wrong.
What constitutes an 'attack' in this case? Is disagreement and civil expression of such by two or more people tantamount to an 'attack' or is that simply just a case of hypersensitivity or misreading of intent?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 12:23am On Mar 18, 2009
Pataki:

Everyone has a voice, it does not suit your hearing, move along.

I'm glad we're finally on the same page. When I posted that, I wasn't "attacking" anyone personally, I was simply voicing out my thoughts. Whether or not you choose to take it personal or not is none of my business. If you didn't like it, do as you just preached and move along.

It's that easy

DeReloaded:

diapers need to be changed

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  cheesy

death
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 12:42am On Mar 18, 2009
debosky:

Very true - diverse opinions should be encouraged as much as possible, as long as it remains civil.
I agree with this, but with a few qualifications. If it doesn't suit you, you are free to express opposition to that voice - in a non-aggressive and civil manner. We can't stop two people from posting similar opinions that they individually agree on just to appear not to be 'ganging up'. As long as you express your opinion without insults and with due civility, no opinions should be withheld or restricted.
What constitutes an 'attack' in this case? Is disagreement and civil expression of such by two or more people tantamount to an 'attack' or is that simply just a case of hypersensitivity or misreading of intent?
Moderator, you have been on this forum for quite a long while. You are sure familiar to the terrains of attacks and counter-attacks and tag-team collabo. To color it now with English terms such as: ''hypersensitivity or misreading of intent'' is what I would call a blithe ignorance of the true situation. (Please note: that is not an insult!)

Yes, I truly agree with your point, and in order not to drag this issue on and on, I would say, your points are well taken in.

Keep up the good work though. cheesy
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 12:54am On Mar 18, 2009
Pataki:

Moderator, you have been on this forum for quite a long while. You are sure familiar to the terrains of attacks and counter-attacks and tag-team collabo. To color it now with English terms such as: ''hypersensitivity or misreading of intent'' is what I would call a blithe ignorance of the true situation. (Please note: that is not an insult!)

None taken!  cheesy (I am clearly not in the hypersensitive class  grin) I would like to go on just a bit further for the benefit of other posters who will come across this thread.

I have seen cases of attacks no doubt, and it does no good to pretend and call them otherwise when they happen.
However, I am trying to arrive at a clear distinction here.

If 5 people disagree with you and clearly say so, that is not an 'attack', PROVIDED it is done with civility and without aggression. I have seen this type of situation interpreted as an 'attack' way too often.

Now if 5 people disagree with you, but decide to insult you and denigrate your person just because you don't agree, then that can validly be called an attack, and should be condemned and punished if need be.

Even at that, I am not trying to run a bland and tasteless section; some level of barbs, taunts and sarcasm are allowed (within reason) and these should not be regarded as an attack either.

The fact of the matter is, like minded people will always congregate. If you feel left out, engage in discourse, don't shout 'attack' (unless you are attacked, in which case, report to the moderator wink).

Don't expect people to agree with you all the time (or any of the time for that matter) - that is what makes nairaland interesting: the variety of opinions and world views interacting and sometimes clashing.

Lastly, one of iice's mantras - don't take things too seriously. wink
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 1:13am On Mar 18, 2009
@ debosky,

Succinctly stated!

I however a rejoinder to the mantra you just quoted.

The fact that things should not be taken seriously, does not occlude nor preclude the fact that this section has topics that posters have posted with solicitous attention which beholds on respondents to give certain measure of seriousness when posting their replies.

If this board is to seen as not being too serious, then why should people bother to post here? There is the entertainment section on this forum which bears the burden of the joke section isn't it? Just a quick post though.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 1:25am On Mar 18, 2009
@ Pataki

The emphasis should be placed on not being too [/i]serious. People should definitely take threads seriously (and they do) but when it gets carried beyond the norm and a simple disagreement descends into calling people's parents names and the like, then it has definitely become [i]too serious in my view.

The key is to exercise judgment - if you feel you are getting unduly riled up, take a break, or report the offending party (if there is one). Don't get sucked in and start exchanging brickbats.

I certainly do not support being unduly facetious or condescending when replying threads, which is why some individuals have been banned for posting 'stupid thread' and 'rubbish thread' as replies to certain topics.

Even within 'serious' threads, it always helps to maintain a level of light banter to diffuse the tension and prevent undue inflammation of passions.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 18, 2009
And some of us here thought we knew how to use dictions undecided

@debosky
One complain: why oh why are my posts being deleted angry
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 1:36am On Mar 18, 2009
@ debosky,

I was actually going to add that you needed not to reply my last post as the adverb: 'too' in that mantra makes it slightly impeccable for me to articulately state my point.

That said, I do hope, erring posters do take note of your postings here and adequately take appropriate judgment as deemed necessary.

Cheers.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 1:39am On Mar 18, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

@debosky
One complain: why oh why are my posts being deleted angry
Off topic posting and insulting the admin. You're lucky I've deleted them, he might have banned you by now if he read them himself. grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 18, 2009
Someone would think this is the politics section. I don't really see the issue here. My posts have been deleted too. It just shows how some people take life.

@debo
Whether you like it or not, some threads are stupid. grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 1:45am On Mar 18, 2009
@debosky
Is it too much to ask you to ban stillwater? angry angry

[size=3pt]lucky my ass. You're lucky my foot is not "up there" cool tongue[/size]
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 1:47am On Mar 18, 2009
stillwater:

Someone would think this is the politics section. I don't really see the issue here. My posts have been deleted too. It just shows how some people take life.

Hence my admonition to avoid taking things too seriously wink

@debo
Whether you like it or not, some threads are stupid. grin
Well even if they are, you are not allowed to simply post 'stupid thread'  grin Besides, our honourable admin gives the following guidance for treating 'stupid threads

Don't delete a thread just because it's stupid. Stupidity is not a crime. You can save such threads by renaming or adding to them.

If you think a thread is stupid, either ignore it, or better yet, report to a moderator with suggestions on how to destupid the thread.  grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 1:51am On Mar 18, 2009
If we report to a moderator, who answers it?

I, personally, want mines to go str8 to your NL inbox abi wetin dem dey call am?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 1:56am On Mar 18, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

If we report to a moderator, who answers it?
As recorded in the rules thread,

When you click the report to moderator link, it sends a mail with your complaint to us.

'Us' here refers to the moderator(s) of the given section. If you report a post on romance, myself, iice and mukina2 will be notified. If on a different section, the moderators present there will be notified.

I, personally, want mines to go str8 to your NL inbox abi wetin dem dey call am?
If it is romance (main board not sexuality or dating & meet up) related it comes straight to me. Other section reports go to other mods.

Besides, after all the accusations of bias against me, getting ALL your reports coming to me will be picked up by the nairaland police. grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 18, 2009
Well even if they are, you are not allowed to simply post 'stupid thread'   Besides, our honourable admin gives the following guidance for treating 'stupid threads

Really? I've done that more than I can count. lipsrsealed
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 1:59am On Mar 18, 2009
Admit it, even you did not read the rule thread undecided tongue

debosky:

Besides, after all the accusations of bias against me, getting ALL your reports coming to me will be picked up by the nairaland police. grin
You ke?
abeg comot for road, na seun am after cheesy
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 2:02am On Mar 18, 2009
stillwater:

Really? I've done that more than I can count. lipsrsealed
Past sins may be forgiven, but I must warn you, the admin issued an instant one week ban to an offending member last week so if he comes across it, you might get the big stick wink.

I'd suggest you modify where possible wink

Ebony-Silk:

Admit it, even you did not read the rule thread undecided tongue
Read it? As a mod you are required to know all forum rules by heart. grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 18, 2009
When you ppl kuku no get better things to read tongue

Anywaz, thanks,babe. Since you [b]guaranteed [/b]that my report will be read by you and you ONLY, I'd start reporting na grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 4:41pm On Mar 18, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Debo, please how much do they pay you mods? Because it seems that you sef are taking things too seriously. tongue
Apologies for taking things too seriously. wink

Mods don't get paid, it's just out of the goodness of my/our hearts. That said, some mods have abused their powers and have been punished for it, similar to Doyin's accusation that someone threatened him via PM about opening Toyosi's profile  grin

@ big b

While that might be a 'matter of the heart', this is about the romance section and feedback on issues/problems with the section or the moderation thereof. wink

Just being pedantic for a moment, but isn't inquiring about the identity of big b going off topic 

The post is still up there and I don't hear any clamour to get it deleted.  wink
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2009
debosky:

Mods don't get paid, it's just out of the goodness of my/our hearts. That said, some mods have abused their powers and have been punished for it, similar to Doyin's accusation that someone threatened him via PM about opening Toyosi's profile grin

Lol. Viewing people's profiles (especially "hot" people) isn't against the rules is it? tongue grin grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by MrCrackles(m): 5:54pm On Mar 18, 2009
Debosky can i e-slap RAILWAY people? cheesy angry
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Sauron1: 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

Please. . . . . .Lemme be the executioner.
Spikedcylinder, DaPhoenix, big_bumper, etc should royally get their asses whupped!!!

@ Debosky,

I have a score to settle with someone in this section. . . . .
Ma fingers are itchy. . . . .Can i squeeze the trigger?? wink wink
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 7:53pm On Mar 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

Slap me baby, slap me. grin grin grin

~Sauron~:

Spikedcylinder, DaPhoenix, big_bumper, etc should royally get their asses whupped!!!

Chineke! Why na? Have not been a good girl? grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2009
rotfl. . . .nkan nbe!! shocked grin grin

Moderator! Moderator!! Report: I want this thread cleaned up!
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

angry

@ my clique, he has just expressed his opinion and I don't like it so let us gang up on him because we have nothing worthwhile to do.

lol this is why I keep coming back to Nairaland.

PS: Sauron, unless you're using your magic stick, I refuse tongue
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by debosky(m): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

@ Debosky,

I have a score to settle with someone in this section. . . . .
Ma fingers are itchy. . . . .Can i squeeze the trigger?? wink wink
Scores to settle? No trigger squeezing allowed. Fights are not allowed in Romance. grin

Right now I feel this thread is taking a diversionary route, so pardon me if I delete a few threads to re-establish focus. If your post remains, then I feel it lends credence to the overall aim of this thread, if it goes, then I guess you know the answer wink
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by bigbumper(f): 12:11am On Mar 19, 2009
debosky:

Scores to settle? No trigger squeezing allowed. Fights are not allowed in Romance. . . grin

Can I make a polite request for you to stop deleting posts on this thread, we have so much to learn from it I tell ya, No one can claim to have a monopoly on learning so lets leave this thread as it is, and we might be able to fashion a learning curve graph outta it sef, you never know grin grin grin

For example I have just learnt that fights are not allowed in this section grin and I have also learnt some vital information below, courtesy of Ebony-silk that everytime i click on the report to Moderator button, it gives me a direct access to PM you, so you see I don't have to go to the recycle bin whenever I want to talk to you as was previously suggested by you grin grin grin

debosky:
If it is romance (main board not sexuality or dating & meet up) related it comes straight to me. Other section reports go to other mods.

Ebonysilk:
Anywaz, thanks,babe. Since you guaranteed that my report will be read by you and you ONLY, I'd start reporting na
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 19, 2009
Iyalode, don't even try it. . . . .You might not know o, Mukina and iice may accidentally receive your love PM cheesy cheesy

That's why I asked grin grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by bigbumper(f): 12:43am On Mar 19, 2009
debosky:

@ big b

While that might be a 'matter of the heart', this is about the romance section and feedback on issues/problems with the section or the moderation thereof. wink

You say tomaato, I say tomayto, you are the subject of this thread, I am only concerned about your heart which is mine and mine alone, and since all is still under romance, I is not derailing no threads yet grin And all I see is that trifling  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Spikedcylinder trying to usurp me from my rightful place, which is forbidden territory to all female of the species except moi kiss Hence I was just warning her not to trespass, thats all cheesy

As a matter of fact, she was derailing a thread with that comment about "related meaning under Microsoft Word" as well as Karmamod and DaPhoenix that was egging her on, so what I was really trying to do was secretly warn her to stay on track cheesy

debosky:

Just being pedantic for a moment, but isn't inquiring about the identity of big b going off topic
The post is still up there and I don't hear any clamour to get it deleted. wink

No I did not dredge up OMO IBO's irrelevant off-topic post 12 hours, 39 mins, 6 secs after he posted it to alert your attention to it, far from it grin Me spiteful, nooooooo grin berra we stick to you being pedantic wink wink wink

Ebony-Silk:

Iyalode, don't even try it. . . . .You might not know o, Mukina and iice may accidentally receive your love PM cheesy cheesy

That's why I asked grin grin

Who is laughing with you angry Why did you call my boo the Deboskinator "babe", before I open my eyes go and modify it, otherwise I will report you for an outright otherwise ban angry angry angry grin
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 19, 2009
Moderator: What can you do if you're being bullied by a woman twice your size? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

Am In LOVE With Ashawo Girl In Benin Citry / Sex With My Driver / When Playing Hard-to-get Causes A Guy To Lose Interest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.