Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,562 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky (13165 Views)

8 Places Guys Will Get Positive Feedback From Single Ladies When They Woo Them / How To Stop A Girl You Like, Talk To Her & Get Her Number In Minutes / How To Talk To A Girl...You Have Never Met..Both Online And Real Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2009
Pataki:

Well, the only constant thing in life is CHANGE. cheesy

When facebook changed their 'homepage' recently, I was truly pissed off. Some of my friends were delighted with the change. angry angry I sent a message to Mark (owner of facebook), expressing my anger. Did it make him reverse back to the old 'new' homepage? NO. I have accepted it, and I think, I am beginning to like it. cheesy

Do not worry, with time, you would love this change on nairaland. cheesy cheesy cheesy

LOL!!!! You really feel pataki sha. cheesy
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2009
spikedcylinder:

LOL!!!! You really feel pataki sha. cheesy
It comes with the name you know. cheesy

You cannot have such a name and you won't relish your identity with such. wink

A whole ''Adekilumo.'' grin grin grin

bluespice:

buh naw i dont like this new change meaning no more private talks that can be deletd once the intended has read it
That's why you have MSN, YIM, and facebook chat. cheesy cheesy
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 3:00pm On Mar 27, 2009
Its ridiculous. Anyone can make a mistake. undecided
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by bluespice(f): 3:11pm On Mar 27, 2009
pataki assuming i wanna give my id without letting the stalkers on here to get it
wht do u propose?
even the 5 min gap is enough for spammers to have ur id angry
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by touchmeder: 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2009
i noticed too and was wondering myself. people make mistakes in spelling and stuffs. well sha

it it not possible to at least create chance for correction say like twice before it can no longer be modified?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by bluespice(f): 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2009
abi oh angry
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2009
Or when you post your pictures and you want to go back and delete. . . . undecided

I suspect the modify link will be available to mods though. undecided
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by bluespice(f): 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2009
yeah then they can modify posts that do not conform to the 'rules'
nansense *rolls eyes*
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2009
I guess I'm never putting my picture up again.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by bluespice(f): 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2009
apologies to those that dont have my id
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 4:00pm On Mar 27, 2009
lol can mods still delete posts?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by bluespice(f): 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2009
that we dont know
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 27, 2009
No more modify?

Damn! Now I really have to start using the "Spell Check" button angry
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by tpia: 5:38pm On Mar 27, 2009
yeah, why remove the modify button? that's weird. I dont know any forum without one.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2009
True. Is he trying to get people to post more?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by chamotex(m): 8:07pm On Mar 27, 2009
Yes we can
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 11:29pm On Mar 27, 2009
tpia:

yeah, why remove the modify button? that's weird. I dont know any forum without one.

I guess Seun wants his forum to be unlike any other.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Seun(m): 11:30pm On Mar 27, 2009
It was removed because spammers were using it for nefarious purposes. it will be returned soon.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by C2H5OH(f): 11:32pm On Mar 27, 2009
Good to hear that it will be returned soon.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2009
Seun:

It was removed because spammers were using it for nefarious purposes. it will be returned soon.

Oh . . . how so?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2009
^^I was asking the spammers part . . . I forgot to bold that part and I couldn't modify my previous post lol.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 27, 2009
Just who are these silly spammers who wont stay away?
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 27, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

No more modify?

Damn! Now I really have to start using the "Spell Check" button angry

Post with mozilla or google chrome, they spell check automatically and highlight wrong spelling. IE is fast becoming an obsolete browser IMO.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 11:37pm On Mar 27, 2009
davidylan:

Just who are these silly spammers who wont stay away?

yeah and if you delete their posts and I don't think there will be anything left for them to modify.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Moyola(f): 11:38pm On Mar 27, 2009
Seun:

aite!
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by spikedcylinder: 4:47pm On Mar 28, 2009
Seun:

Same thing that was said about the "view your last posts" tab.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by 4Play(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2009
Seun:

Please, get rid of the ''modify'' button permanently. Don't underestimate the value of reading spontaneously produced posts in their original form.

At the very least, you should have a way of flagging that a post has been modified.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by 4Play(m): 6:32pm On Mar 28, 2009
Seun, one more thing. Can you please stop Da Phoenix from further posting GIFs? It's driving me nuts!
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by DaPhoenix(f): 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2009
^^ I forgot to add thanks.
Re: Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky by Pataki: 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2009
4 Play:

Please, get rid of the ''modify'' button permanently. Don't underestimate the value of reading spontaneously produced posts in their original form.

At the very least, you should have a way of flagging that a post has been modified.
Exactly my thoughts. The 'modify button' does not create for consistencies in whatever ways it is viewed from. It should be removed totally. Still the call of the admin though. undecided

Facebook, youtube, and various other web forum, does not give you the liberty to modify your posts once posted. As not only spammers, but even regular users to the forum tend to mis-use it for nefarious acts.

pataki assuming i wanna give my id without letting the stalkers on here to get it
wht do u propose?
even the 5 min gap is enough for spammers to have ur id
You are quite right. However. . . . .

Create a pseudo-identity, and refer whomever you want to give your identity, to send you a request, and from there take things on. That's what I do most times though. I never want to give out my personal identity at first to people, talk-less of posting it on a forum for even just 5 minutes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15)

I Think I Got The Most Beautiful Girl Friend In The World (photos) / If You Are A Ratchet Akata, That Nigerian Man Will Never Marry You For Real / My New Girlfriend Is A Virgin. Shuld I Disflower Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.